Chapter Twenty Eight

In too deep

Hyuk woke up early in the morning. It took him a couple of seconds to get his orientation right. A smile graced his face as he remembered the previous night. The faint morning sun was caressing Hae's face and Hyuk could only stare at it. The boy was still clinging onto him like there was no tomorrow. Hyuk removed the blanket, tightened his arm around his husband's waist and got up, lifting Hae with him. The latter made a whiny sound and buried his head a bit more against Hyuk's chest.

Hyuk stumbled to the door, almost tripping over a plastic bag. He frowned and picked it up with his free hand. He carried Hae upstairs, dropped the bag on the bed next to Deedee and went to the bathroom. He placed Hae on the counter top. Still the boy wouldn't let go. Hyuk chuckled.

'Wakey, wakey Hae.' Hyuk whispered and blew some air over the boy's face.

Hae wrinkled his nose and opened one eye. 'Sleep.' He begged as he nestled himself against Hyuk even more.

'You have to shower and get ready for work.' Hyuk said as he tugged gently on the boy's hair.

A pout appeared. 'Nooooo.'

Hyuk chuckled again, lifted Hae up and carried him to the shower. 'You leave me no choice.'  He turned the shower on, wetting Hae's boxer briefs and his own shirt. He grabbed the soap and started rubbing it over Hae's back in gentle circles.

'Hyukkie?'

'Hmmmm?'

'Can we do this every morning?' Hae mumbled against the other's chest.

'You are such a pampered baby.' Hyuk said firmly but he couldn't stop a smile from breaking free.

'Am not.'

'Are too.' He flipped Hae around and laughed as the boy let his head rest against him again. He soaped Hae's chest and stomach.

'Get out of those boxers.' Hyuk said lowly.

Hae lazily obeyed. A bar of soap was handed to him. 'You can wash yourself there.'

Suddenly Hae's eyes were wide open as he realised he was completely . He quickly removed himself from Hyuk, his face dark pink.

Hyuk was too busy getting his shirt off to notice. Hae washed himself speedily. Hyuk finally observed his husband's frantic motions.

'Hae, are you ok?'

'Y-yeah, all awake n-now.' He stuttered, avoiding eyecontact.

Hyuk tilted the boy's chin up with a finger and stared at the embarrassment displayed in front of him. He smiled. 'Hae, do you regret what happened last night?'

'No!' Hae exclaimed, then quickly covered his mouth. Hyuk pulled the hand away.

'That was your first , right?'

Hae nodded.

Hyuk couldn't resist. He pressed his lips against a blushing cheek. He felt something inside him stir and realised he was getting again.

Apparently so did Hae. 'I-I-I'll give you some privacy.' Hae quickly said as he rushed out the shower, grabbed a towel and ran out the bathroom.

Hyuk leaned against the wall, his forehead against the cold tiles. I took his first kiss and his first . I've got to stop this. He can't get attached.

 

Hae was already out of their room when Hyuk entered. He sighed and toweldried his hair. He got dressed, kicked Deedee off the bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

'Had a nice dinner?' Kyu asked with a huge smile.

Hyuk gave him a glare, opened the fridge and got his juice.

Kyu's face dropped.

'Are you coming with me today as well?' Hae asked, not sensing the tension.

Kyu sighed and nodded.

Hae saw the reluctance on the other's face and bit his lip. 'You don't have to if you don't want to.' He said with a small voice.

Hyuk's head shot up, he eyed Hae's hurt face and glared threatingly at his best friend.

Kyu gulped and quickly got up. He hugged Hae. 'Hey, I love spending time with you. It's just that I don't like Hyuk being mad at me.'

'Hyukkie's mad at you?' Hae said, eyeing his husband with a frown. 'Why?'

Hyuk cleared his throat when he saw the glint in Kyu's eyes. 'Of course I'm not. Kyu's just weird in the morning.'

Hae pecked Kyu's cheek. 'Don't be sad, I bet it's going to be a great day.' He skipped out of the room.

The tension between the two best friends was suffocating.

'Don't let him kiss you like that.' Hyuk said.

'Jealous much....Hyukkie?'

'Shut up.'

Kyu's mocking features turned serious. 'Hyuk...'

'I know.'

'I don't know what is happening but just be careful, ok buddy?'

'I know, damn it!' Hyuk pushed Kyu aside, grabbed his keys and left.

Kyu looked at the other's actions with a frown.

Suddenly a hand slapped his , hard. Kyu looked behind him and was met with a smirking Heechul.

'Ready for a new day, my pet?' Heechul said.

Kyu groaned.

'Now now, you can act cuter than that.' Heechul whispered and laughed as he saw a blush spread. 'That's more like it, let's get you moving.' Another pat on the buns, a yelp from Kyu and their day started.