Chapter Sixteen

In too deep

'Well, well, well, aren't we feeling naughty tonight.' Heechul smirked from the doorway.

'Hyung!' Hae whined.

Heechul reached for his back pocket. 'Cheese!' He quickly snapped a picture.

'I don't even want to know how you two got caught up like that.' he remarked as he started untangling the sheets.

Hyuk noticed how affectionate the older man looked at them and felt quite exposed. He made sure to keep covering Hae's ness though.

'Thanks, Chullie, we can do the rest. Sleep tight.' Hae said softly.

Heechul kissed the boy's forehead and left without another word.

'I should soundproof these walls.' Hyuk mumbled.

'Why?' Hae said confused.

Hyuk suddenly turned bright red and was thankful for the lack of light. 'Lets just sleep.' He rolled over to his side.

Hae quickly got up.

'Didn't you hear me? Sleep!' Hyuk said.

'Boxers.' Hae whispered.

'Right.' Hyuk answered.

When Hae went back to the bed and on his side, his back to Hyuk, he softly touched his lips. He could still feel Hyuk's brushing against them. It was the first night in years Hae slept without his plushie yet he didn't even think about it.

 

Hyuk woke up in a cold bed. He sighed as he thought about what had happened the previous night. Then he remembered Kyu's words. Friendship. A word he never used in vain. He wasn't sure he could offer it to his spouse.

 

'No, seriously, you should have seen him. Little Hyukjae bathing in strawberries. His mum went bezerk!' Kyu laughed.

Hae smiled widely. He loved hearing these stories. They made his cold husband a bit more human.

'Kyu?'

'Hae?'

'Why doesn't Hyuk like to kiss people?'

Kyu's eyes pierced into the boy's. 'Hmmmm you are quite observant.'

'Is it too personal?'

'Let's just say that your husband has been through a lot.'

Hae's face saddened. 'I see.'

'Don't worry about it.' Kyu wrapped an arm around Hae.

'I'm glad he has you.' Hae smiled.

'I wish I had found you first.' Kyu mumbled.

Hae frowned. Kyu smiled weakly and rubbed the little frown away.

'Am I interrupting something...again?' Hyuk's voice boomed through the kitchen startling Hae.

'Just bonding, hold your horses.' Kyu mocked.

'Cho, why are you here all the time.'

'Because you are my best friend.' Kyu answered sappy.

'Awwwwww' Hae outed.

'Can you please remove yourself from my husband?'

Hae completely misunderstood and jumped on Kyu's lap, shocking the other two.

'There, now you can sit too!' Hae beamed.

Kyu made choking sounds. Hae turned around, his face very close to Kyu's. 'Am I too heavy?' He asked concerned.

Kyu could just shake his head.

'Donghae, get off.' Hyuk snarled.

Hae's eyes widened at that tone of voice and he immediately obeyed.

'I'm sorry if I hurt you, Kyu.' Hae mumbled before he ran back upstairs.

'Did you have to yell at him like that?' Kyu said annoyed.

Hyuk grabbed Kyu by the shirt. 'Why is it that every time I turn around someone is touching him?'

'He just sat on my lap for god's sake.'

'Yeah and you had the same face as with that lapdancer. You know that pre ic one.' Hyuk barked.

'Gentlemen, please.' Heechul suddenly appeared.

Hyuk let go of Kyu.

'I'm not after Hae, Hyuk.' Kyu said softly.

'Oh please, everyone is.' Hyuk sighed. 'Heechul, Hae's upstairs, I'm sure he's ready for work. Kangin and Kibum are already at the hospital. Cho, we are leaving in twelve minutes.'

'It seems he's really into Hae.' Heechul said pleased.

Kyu shook his head. 'You don't know him. He sees the boy not as a person but as a possession. He doesn't do feelings. Not anymore.'

Heechul frowned. 'What do you mean?'

'Hyukjae will never let Hae in. He will fight against it with all his might.'

'Well, he'll lose that war, trust me.' Heechul said without any humour.

 

'Haeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!' Min jumped up as he spotted his friend. He hugged him tight until Kangin coughed.

'What? He's my friend.' Min huffed.

'The boss doesn't allow close contact.' Kibum explained.

'He's not my boss.' Min declared.

'Hae, are you free on your birthday?' Min begged.

'I-I'm not sure.'

'P-please, I want to take you out!'

'I-I'll ask Hyukjae.'

'Geez, he's got you on a leash.'

This time it was Kibum who coughed.

'What now?' Min asked annoyed.

'No bashing the boss.' Kangin smirked.

Min walked right up to the latter. His hands on his hips. 'Are you guys from the maffia? Is that it?'

Kangin was not impressed. 'Need a dead horse head in your bed?'

'Rather have a live and kicking healthy young stud in there.' Min retorted.

Kangin blinked and looked away.

Kibum watched in awe. 'You made him blush.'

'I'm not blushing, it's just ing warm in here.' Kangin outed. 'I'll be right back, I need to make a call.'

 

Hyuk was at his work. He stood at the window that oversaw the entire skyline of Seoul. He felt restless. His phone went off and quickly picked up.

'His birthday?' He asked.

'Yeah, it must be upcoming.' Kangin said.

'Why is this important?' Hyuk asked coldly.

'This Sungmin guy is really clingy, Hyukjae. And you know what people do on their birthdays.'

'Enlighten me.'

'They drink, get wasted and often have .'

'Hae knows the rules.' Hyuk answered curtly.

'Ok boss, just thought it was important information.' Kangin said.

Hyuk ended the call. He's getting too close. I don't want to care about his ing birthday. Then an idea hit him. He smirked and was still doing that as his best friend entered the room.

'Oh no, I know that face. What are you up to?'

Hyuk grinned. 'I have the perfect gift.'