Chapter Fifty One

In too deep

Hyuk woke up and stretched out his arm, he frowned when he found the bed empty. He couldn't hear the shower either. He sighed and got up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He slowly zombie walked to the kitchen and stared at the scene.

'Are you sure I'm doing this right, Subin?'

'Yes, roll it a little bit tighter and it will be perfect!'

Hyuk looked at the counter top and realised his husband was making lunch boxes.

'For me, my love?' Hyuk asked huskily.

Hae was startled and quickly turned around. 'Hyukkie!'

Hyuk hugged his lover and pecked his nose.

'I wanted to surprise you!' Hae pouted.

'You did.'

'I love you, Hyukkie.' Hae whispered.

The older cupped Hae's face. 'My baby.'

Subin smiled, she spotted Heechul and Kyu. She signaled them to give the husbands a couple more seconds of skinship.

 

Hyuk was going through what seemed hundreds of contracts when Kyu entered.

'Hmmm?'

'Hyuk it's passed two pm, are you finally going to eat something?'

'Hmmmm.'

'Hae will be sad if you leave his hard work untouched.'

That got Hyuk's attention. He seemed to snap out of it. A big smile appeared as he remembered Hae in the kitchen. He took out the lunch box and opened it eagerly, still grinning when he saw the heart shaped figure on his rice.

'Lucky dog.' Kyu mumbled.

The door opened and Onew stumbled into the room, clutching his side.

Kyu stared at the blood trickling in between Onew's hands. '!'

Hyuk looked up, his eyes widened.

'Protect the boss.' Onew croaked out and fainted.

Before any of them could move someone entered the room. He was dressed in black, only his eyes were left uncovered. He was holding two daggers, dripping with blood. Kyu immediately stood in between the attacker and his best friend.

'Kyu, get out!' Hyuk yelled in panic but it was too late, Kyu slumped down on the ground, one of the daggers firmly twisted into his stomach.

'Just you and me.' The attacker said. He dropped the dagger and grabbed his gun.

'Yeah, guess again.' Kangin shouted from the doorway.

A loud bang was heard right before the bodyguard could tackle the attacker down. Kangin looked up and saw Hyuk grab for his shoulder. 'Damn it, stay with me, boss!' Kangin shouted while he quickly handcuffed the attacker to the radiator.

Hyuk was breathing with difficulty. 'Hae.'

', I think your lung has collapsed.' Kangin said.

Hyuk's eyes were all foggy. 'Hae' he repeated.

Kangin pressed on the wound to keep it from bleeding too much, he knew help was on its way. He stared at the attacker. 'Who do you work for?'

The attacker just smiled and bit hard onto his teeth. His face contorted and he was dead within seconds.

'Cyanide.' Kangin cussed.

 

'You are being different.' Mr. Choi said as Hae was changing his sheets.

Hae bit his lip and avoided eye contact.

'Donghae?'

Hae looked at his patient. 'I've talked to Siwon and Minho.'

'Aahhh, I see.' The man looked away. 'Are they well?' He asked after a couple of seconds.

'Siwon has severe scars.'

The man's eyes widened and he tried to sit up. 'What? What happened to him?'

'You did.' Hae said softly.

All energy left the old man as he slumped back. 'Those scars. Like I said, I've made mistakes.'

Hae looked at the fragile man. 'Sir?'

'Please leave me be, Donghae.'

'But...'

'Donghae! We have a lot of severely wounded people coming in!' Taemin shouted.

'I'll be back later.' Hae said to Mr. Choi as he ran to the door.

 

'Apparently there was a huge attack.' Sungmin said to Dr. Oh as he put on his gloves and prepared the tools. He dropped them as his eyes met Kangin's.

'He wouldn't let us put him on the stretcher!' The paramedic yelled as Kangin continued to carry an unconscious Hyukjae.

'There was an assault on Lee International.' Another paramedic announced. 'We have several severely injured men coming up.'

Heechul met Sungmin's gaze and started running towards the supply room but Hae was already around the corner. The boy looked up when he heard the name of his husband's company. His eyes immediately went from Kangin to his love. The world suddenly became heavy. Time seemed to stop and breathing was difficult. He saw so much blood on Hyuk's shirt.

'No!' Hae shouted, his hands started shaking and his knees gave out. Heechul was just in time to catch him. 'No! Hyukkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!'