Chapter Thirty Five

In too deep

'No.'

Hae felt relieved. 'Then what is this?'

'Someone was targeting Lee Corp and I was monitoring it.'

'Monitoring?'

'Yeah, I wasn't sure at the time, so I kept my eye on it.'

'Why?'

Hyuk looked away. He felt sick to his stomach. I have to tell him the truth.

'Hyuk?'

But what if he hates me... Hyuk closed his eyes.

Hae stared at his husband and started to worry, he got up and knelt down at the other's chair. 'Hyukkie? I'm sorry, it's none of my business. I'm really happy you didn't destroy our company.' He whispered and kissed his husband's cheek.

That did it. Hyuk cupped Hae's face and kissed him one more time. All his feelings were in that kiss. He could feel Hae was being swept away, he quickly pulled back. 'Hae...'

'Hyukkie? You are scaring me.'

'Besides the company there was something else I was monitoring.'

'Hmmm?' Hae was completely confused.

'You.'

'What?'

'I kept my eye on you for years now.' He grabbed Hae's hands. 'Only Kangin knows, I even kept it hidden from Kyu.'

'W-why?'

'Because I felt responsible.' Hyuk looked down, a tear already escaping his blurry eyes.

'For what? Hyuk, this tension is killing me, just tell me!'

'Your brother's death.'

Hae stiffened. He pulled his hands out of Hyuk's grip.

'The man that killed Donghwa and was supposed to kill you too, was my father.'

Hae felt like he was hit by a train.

Hyuk reached out for him. 'Hae....'

'No! Don't, don't you dare touch me!' Hae cried out, his eyes filled with tears. He needed to run, get away from here. He stood up and went for the door.

'Don't leave me!' Hyuk screamed. 'You can't leave me!' I love you, damn it.

Hae froze. He slowly turned around, his shoulders hanging lower by the second. 'I c-can't leave or you'll end Lee Corp, I know.'

Hyuk frowned.

'Trust me, I know. I won't leave this house or you. You screwed me over very well. But I need to get away from you right now.'

'No, I'm not done with the story.' Hyuk said firmly, his fists clenched.

'What else do you want from me , my lord?' Hae's voice was bitter. 'You already took the company, are holding my parents and the employees hostage, you married me, took my title, my freedom and ed me. What else is there for me to lose, Hyukjae?'

Hyuk's heart hurt.

'You want my life too? Want to finish your father's job? Then by all means, just kill me. Stop playing with me. Put me out of this misery.' Tears were running down Hae's face.

Hyuk stretched out his arm, wanting to pull the younger into a hug. 'Hae...'

'Don't touch me, ever again!' Hae yelled. 'I can't stand your filthy hands on me!'

Life seemed to have left Hyuk's arm as it dropped to his side.

'Your father killed my brother, but you, Hyukjae, you have just killed me.' Hae said and left.

Hyuk stared at the ground, then he grabbed his cellphone and dialed. 'Heechul, keep an eye on Hae if he leaves the mansion, we had a fight.'

'What did you do n...' Heechul yelled through the phone but Hyuk disconnected it. His hands were shaking badly.

 

Hae had been showering for over half an hour now. He scrubbed until his skin was becoming red. He felt so dirty, so used. He had so many questions but was afraid of the answers. He cried hard. For his brother, his family and himself. So this is what a broken heart feels like.

He forced himself to turn the shower down, dry off and to get his pijamas on. He opened the door. Hyuk was sitting near it on the ground, his eyes all puffy and red. Hae ignored him and grabbed Deedee. He went for the door connected to another bedroom.

'W-what are you doing?' Hyuk asked.

'I can't share that bed with you, I'm sleeping there.' Hae pointed at the other room.

'Hae, please, hear me out.'

'I can't right now. All I know is that you used me. I don't know the details yet of your sick, twisted game and I don't know if I can believe you about not ruining the company but you definitely manipulated a lot to get me trapped. Don't even try to deny it.'

Hyuk's eyes stared helplessly at his husband.

'Thought so. You make me feel so dirty and disgusting.' Hae outed and turned around.

 

Hyuk couldn't sleep. He had grabbed his Ipad and had connected it to the camera feed. He had been watching Hae toss and turn. The boy fell asleep from exhaustion close to midnight. Hyuk kept caressing the screen. He saw Hae was having a nightmare and jumped up. He silently went to the other bedroom and lifted the restlessly sleeping boy in his arms. He carried him to their bed and put him down. Then he went back and grabbed Deedee, placing it against Hae before he slipped into bed himself. He felt his body relax as he watched his husband and smelled his familiar scent. Hae shoved Deedee away and seemed to be searching something.

'Hyukkie...' Hae begged in his sleep.

That just made Hyuk cry all over again.

Hae had finally found Hyuk's warmth and nestled himself against him. Hyuk held him tight. He'd stay awake and put Hae back before he would wake up in the morning. He had a lot of thinking to do anyway.