- Beautiful Nightmares

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 


“Hey… dear. My name is Chanyeol. You might be surprise but, I’m your husband”


 

 

Yuna stared at the grinning face before her, confused and bemused to the way he twisted his face to contain his laughter from shattering the awkward silence surrounding the room. Now, now. “I’m sorry I don’t understand where all of these coming from.”

 

She searched and asked for her last memories in her head, maybe a hint of what the heck is happening, why did she slept on a stranger’s bed in an alien room and why is she suddenly married to this man. She found flashes of memories, of white dress and tight corset around her lean structure, of white waiting room and flowers, of black piano and the man…

 

Ahh yes… A man was found, a beautiful, young and handsome man, his bony long fingers and his breathtaking smiles. Before she could come up with any conclusion, however, the man -the one with the grinning face, finally broke into a loud laugh as he rolled on the floor with both hands on his stomach. She watched him from the bed, more puzzled than ever.

 

Then, a sudden interruption snapped her attention; a loud voice came from outside the room.

 

“Chanyeollll!!!”

 

 

 

 

A joke.

 

It was a joke, he said after laughing and giggling so hard on the floor seeing her staring at him blankly, confused and bemused. She supposed she should be angry at his prank, but the way Chanyeol curves his lips when he smiles and his innocent glowing eyes makes her forget things and she ended up laughing with him too.

 

“Ehem!”

 

Someone cleared his throat. When she look around she found another man standing at the room entrance, looking back at her and Chanyeol, waiting for both to tone down the hilarity but gave up when both seemed to enjoy the prank excessively.

 

Yuna gradually stopped laughing though, when she saw the man from one of her flashed memories stepped forward to speak. Yes, she does remember him. He was just about to open his mouth and introduce himself when… “Lord Sehun?” she asked.

 

He was surprised, but he managed a hasty nod. The said Lord Sehun then, pushed Chanyeol aside and took his place beside her on the bed. His hand swiftly reached for her hand, “You remember me?”  

 

She raised her brow and shrugged, “Should I forget about you, then?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was hard at first, to digest down the things that Lord Sehun has fed her with when she asked him what happened, but here she is, standing beside the grave of her two parents, staring and playing with her thoughts.

 

Weird, how she can’t make herself cry to their sudden death news because somehow, she felt like she has been informed about it, even before Lord Sehun tell her anything about it.

 

“Sehun…, please. Just call me Sehun,” he smiled, encouraging her. But the word Sehun without the ‘Lord’ in front of it felt odd to her tongue. Like chewing crumpled cotton with syrup mixed together. Strange, but sweet.

 

So, “Why?” she asked.

 

He kicked up dusts and he looked downward to his feet, shy maybe, as he tried to organize the sentence. “You remember that we were supposed to get married, right?”

 

“Yes… But we didn’t get to, because Zico suddenly walk in and you ran away”

 

Sehun raised his head to meet her eyes, exhibit his guilty and regret. “I’m sorry… that I ran away and pushed your parents to the corner, and you fell ill and unconscious due to the shock of your parents suicidal, …but all my hyung helped me and the court has proven that I was innocent, so I am here to take care of you”

 

He told her the story before they came. He told her how he was worried about her not waking up, how he took care of her with the help of the others, how he fought with his parents to live away with her in his small cottage and how he loves her.

 

“How long have I been unconscious?”

 

“Around one month, I guess”

 

One month… And so many things happened. Yuna stared at the names engraved on the two tombstone, pouring things that is left to said in her heart, before she turn around to continue with her life. Sehun followed beside her, stepping out of the graveyard. “So, why do I have to call you Sehun and drop the Lord?”

 

“Ah? Uh… Because, I’m… I’m planning on living as your husband for the rest of my life, so I want us to be comfortable around each other… If you don’t mind”

 

She smirked to herself. “What do you mean?”

 

“I’ve been thinking, and…” he paused and sighed. “…and I love you, so… will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

She spent the rest of her evening, sitting at the table in the kitchen, watching six men cooking dinner with excessive chaos in the kitchen. Four more men in Sehun’s cottage greeted her, to her surprised, when they came back from the graveyard. Puzzled, who are these men?

 

“We heard you came back alive from your slumber! So we rushed here,” said the shortest one.

 

Chanyeol sent him a mocking smile. “A month of unconsciousness is soooo not a slumber”

 

Yuna searched for Sehun’s eyes, asking who they are. “Ahh~ Okay hyung! Introduce yourself please…” he ordered. And one by one chant their names to her. She memorized them almost immediately to her surprise, as if she has engraved their names in some part of her lost memories, just waiting for something to trigger them to wake.

 

D.O put a plate of omelets on the table, omelets with heart shape, and he grinned proudly. “Kids! Try not to burn the kitchen!” he shouted before he took a seat across Yuna. He smiled purposely bright, and widened his wide eyes when he stares at the girl.

 

“What?” she asked, a little bit uncomfortable under his boring big eyes.

 

“I’m taking a break from the cooking”

 

“So?”

 

“So that I can talk to you”

 

“About what?”

 

He shrugged. “About… anything.” He realized of course, that she is not the same Yuna he knows, she does not remember him, and approaching her like that is …weirdly awkward. “Well, if you need someone to talk to, just call me. I’ll be at the coffee shop”

 

“Coffee shop?”

 

“Yeah, Suho opened a coffee shop and we work there, sometimes…”

 

“Kyungsoo! Come back here and help us with this chicken!” Kai called out from the kitchen.

 

D.O sighed as he shook his head to Kai. He then ruffled her hair before he walked to Kai, leaving Yuna with a continuously confused face. Something tells her that something is missing but she does not know what it is. The boys seem so familiar, yet they are strangers to her memories. And she kept her confuse face for a very long long hours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you looking for this ring, Miss?”

 

Yuna turned around with panic and a slight anticipation as if, she has been waiting for the night to happen, for the voice to ring, for the darkness to take over. Before her, she saw a man, tall and handsome, and beautiful under the illuminating lights from the Moon.

 

It was chilling cold but his smiles are warm and hidden sadness shown in his eyes, stunned her and she started to pant and gasp for oxygen.

 

She could even hear her own pumping core as her heart rate raised to havoc. She knows him, she said to herself. But when she parted to call out his name, it stuck in , strangling and choking her. She failed.

 

No, she said. She does not know him, and when she tried to ask him for his name, the man walked away, far and far away until there is nothing left of him and she fell to her knees. Crying and sobbing until she is out of breathe and…

 

 

She woke up in the middle of the night, panting, with wet cheeks and clogged nose and heartache. Her top drenched in sweat and she is still trembling when she sat herself on the bed in the dark room alone, placing her hand to her chest, caressing to calm her own heartbeat. Who is he? Who is he, she asked again and again.

 

It was not her first time dream. She has been seeing him in her dreams almost every night since she woke up from her coma. But the question of ‘Who is he?’ only resonates back to herself, left unanswered, and it become her every night lullaby. When the Sun shines back in the morning, she forgets all about him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until one day, she and the rest of the boys decided to work on the small space of Sehun’s garden at the front yard.

 

“Let’s plant some flowers!” Chanyeol suggested when they hang out after dinner as a routine. Kai threw him a glare, because he is too lazy to do anything. But Baekhyun supported his friend’s idea.

 

The rest just followed by, since Chanyeol and Baekhyun prepared everything the next day. The shovel, the seeds, the watering can and everything else. “Let’s go!” Sehun held out a hand for her to take as they head out to the front yard.

 

Things went by so fast as she still trying to adapt to her new environment. New house, new friends –Sehun’s friend-, and her new husband-to-be.

 

Her relationship with Sehun is like any normal couple. They are trying to get used to each other, like dating before deciding to be married and tied to each other with obligations. Fortunately, Sehun’s little cottage is a little bit out of town so they are away from other folk’s judging eyes.

 

It is not proper; she knows that living together with another man who is not even her husband is a bad example. But she has nowhere to go, her family went bankrupt, her parents died and their house is not hers anymore. And she does not dare to let go of Sehun’s hand, not knowing what will become of her if is she does.

 

Anyway, she knows that Sehun loves her, and she eventually has fallen for Sehun as well. He treated her nicely and says good things and helps her a lot with almost everything. So how can she resist?

 

But one thing keeps bothering her. Usually she forgot to ask, but when they manage to plant a daisy together, the thoughts of that man came to her. “Sehun, can I ask you about something?”

 

He glanced at her and back to his work, another daisy. “What is it?”

 

She pursed her lips, paused to think, “Do you know anyone tall and handsome?”

 

“That’s me!” Chanyeol suddenly interrupted, waving his hand proudly at her direction. Sehun glared at him, but agreed anyway. “Yeah, if he is tall, Chanyeol is tall”

 

“No. no. no. Not Chanyeol. I have never met him; he is breathtakingly beautiful, tall and handsome. And, his eyes are blue and sad, and…”

 

“Wait, dear” the shovel in his hand has stopped from digging the soil. “You said you have never met this man, so how can you explain him in such details?” Sehun asked.

 

“… I met him in my dreams…”

 

“Dreams?” D.O’s turn to disrupt. And when she turned around, she realized that the others has stopped working, and all eyes and ears and attentions are on her. “You mean, you dreamt of someone you have never met?”

 

She shrugged. “Isn’t it normal to dream of someone we don’t know? It’s just that, it felt like I do know him, but I don’t”

 

A moment of silence and awkwardness blowing softly their way.

 

“No, I don’t know anyone like him” he continued his work, avoiding her questioning eyes. The others went back to their own works too, seeing Sehun ignoring her. Maybe it is for the best, they thought.

 

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck, grinning, “Well, if he is breathtakingly beautiful, then he is definitely not me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, the same man, the same dream came haunting her. And when she woke up soaked in sweat again, panting and gasping, she decided to go out for fresh night air. The door creaked open when she pulled it, the outside is dark and carefully she stepped out of her room, trying her best not to wake the others who were too tired to go home after working in the garden and invited themselves to sleep over in Sehun’s cottage for the night.

 

Five of them, sprawled over the living room in deep slumber. Suho slept on the couch and the rest on the floor. She shook her head and smiled ridiculously at the sight before her, Chanyeol and Baekhyun practically hugging each other while D.O has one of his legs on Kai’s stomach.

 

She then took herself outside, to the front yard. And that is when she heard the annoying buzz and squeaky voices, close yet very faint. She narrowed her eyes, trying to find the source from where the noises come.

 

“Hello?” she said in attempt to make the owner of the voices to come out, but it came out as a whisper because she is somehow, scared…

 

But nothing emerge out and the moment seemed frozen until… “Hello! Hello! Hellooooou!”

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 

So it's a joke. *peacesignwhileholdingashieldinanotherhand* . Chanyeol is a joke that I planned, I'm sorry~!  (>,<)

And I can't help but to LOL when iluvsweetstuff even cursed Yuna for being a . haha

But I love all of your comments, thank you~

Things are not so clear yet, I know, don't worry I had them all planned.

Till the next chapter~

 

Ah yeah~ I screamed, "OMG, so they do read?!!" when I see comments from those who rarely comment. haha. 

I thought only few subcribers truly read them despite the numbers.

Not that there are many anyway. But thank you, for reading, sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

haha. so much for being emotional.

 

And I screamed and jumped in happiness when EXO won MuBank today, too! Gaaahhh~