-Breakfast?

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

 

     Can you call this a breakfast? You were not so sure about that. People eat breakfast in the morning. Since it is always seem like at night down here so you do not know. You see, the outside is forever dark.

 

     Except for the fact that you just woke up from sleep, and it feels like you woke up from a long night sleep, you considered this as your breakfast.

 

     He has return back to his normal self –no longer sulking- as what you expected. He hid his emotion well, you thought. You hurt him so many times, yet he still smiles at you as if nothing happened after he sulked by himself. If you were to conclude this, he is good at making you feel guilty.

 

     Kris was watching you curiously, as you took a bite of what seems like sandwiches. Is it delicious, he asked. You nodded half-heartedly. He said BTOB’s maknae, Sungjae, taught him to make the sandwiches.

 

     Oh, so did Kris make your breakfast himself?

 

     You were okay with it though, as long as Tao did not lay his hands on your food.

 

     You eat your breakfast silently as Kris stared at empty spaces, or so you thought. When you tried to look at what he was staring at, it was those weird paintings on the wall.

 

     Then he suddenly smirked and drifted his gaze towards you. You thought he wanted to say something but he did not. So you clear your own throat as an intro of your apology.

 

     “I’m sorry about what I said last night. I said things without thinking”

 

     He smiled, saying its okay. Then his thumb reached for the corner of your lips, telling you to stop eating like a child as he caressed your lips before he wiped away the crumbs off your face.

 

     You continue chomping on your sandwiches with an awkward silence.

 

     “Give me your hand. Your left one”, he asked. He took your outstretched hand closer to him to have a proper look at the ring. He observed it with interest, and afterward he smiled as if he knew something secret. What does that smile means?

 

     Few seconds later, you were astounded when Kris suddenly took the ring off your finger so easily you were left speechless. You noticed Kris read the weird written words that were carved on the inner side of the ring. Satisfied, he put the ring back to your finger.

 

     After that, you tried to take it off yourself but you failed again.

 

     “Tell me how you do it!”

 

     “Do what?”

 

     “How do you take the ring off?”

 

     He smirked, an evil-naughty smirk. “I just took it off, why?”

 

     “Yes, but how do you do it? Why you can take it off while I can’t?”

 

     “How am I supposed to know that?”

 

     You tried to control yourself from getting mad at him again. It’s useless because he won’t listen. In the end, it will just tire you alone. If he doesn’t want to tell you, you can’t force him. If he said no, he means no.

 

     Annd~ you found yourself in silence again. You avoided looking at Kris because he was staring at you. Something concerned him and he seems as if he was in a deep thought.

 

     “Do you want me to take you up?”, he suddenly asked.

 

     You stopped chewing and looked at him in disbelief.

 

     “Up?”

 

     He nodded. “Yes, up. I was thinking of getting you out once in a while, since it’ll get stuffy in here for you to breathe”

 

     “You’ll take me out? Are you being serious?”, you got excited all of a sudden. This is an excellent opportunity to escape! OMG! Can I sing?

 

     Kris said he would take you back to pay a visit to your home, if  and only if, you promise not to stay and come back with him to the Underworld. You hesitated to promise him, knowing yourself, you will not keep it. Nonetheless, you did it. You promised him. Because all you can think about was to go home and meet your parent. To feel alive again. To see the Sun again.

 

     “We’ll go after lunch”

 

     You looked at Kris who has stood up and was rummaging through the cabinet. Lunch? “How do you keep track of time down here Kris?” you finally asked the question that bothered you.

 

     He turned to look at you and smiled. “We guessed. Only experts can do that, though. Why?”

 

     “Experts?”

 

     “I and the other five members are experts. Those who regularly go up and down can be experts in guessing the position of the Sun even from down here”

 

    “You regularly go up? What for?”

 

    “We have… some business…. Enough of the questions for today”

 

    Kris threw you a pair of new clothing –obviously they were his- saying he will get yours packed up when we pay the visit home.

 

    “Get your shower and do whatever you want in the meantime. I need to go to take care of few things before we head out”

 

    He was to leave you alone again but he suddenly stopped, holding the doorknob and turned around to meet your eyes. He hesitated, but then walked to you serenely and gently cupped your face as he planted a sweet kiss on your forehead.

 

    Few seconds past as both of you staring at each other’s eyes, then his hand went down just to clasp together behind your slender waist, keeping you in prison. Despite the couple-like position you were in, he put on a serious gaze, warning you not to let anyone in to the house when he is not home.

 

    “I told you I have spies, didn’t I, my love? And my spies told me Sehun was here”

 

    You were taken aback by his remark. He knew? But how? Did anyone saw you? Is he going to kill you then?

 

    “I’m not mad at you. I don’t care whatever relationship you have with him. You are my wife now. And you have that ring to remind you on that fact”

 

    Seeing you speechless, he knew you got his message.

 

    Kris then suddenly gave a peck on your right cheek and a kiss on your precious lips before he let you go from him small prison. Though, you did not make any move due to the shock you received from his kiss.

 

    He chuckled silently at your reaction, but then he left the house anyway, closing the door behind you. Leaving you alone, with widened eyes and rosy cheeks.