What Happened?

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

“I don’t want to be your wife anymore”

 
 

 

It took Kris more than split seconds to calm himself down when he meet her again at the UnderGuardian’s castle, never that he knows from where did that throbbing feeling came from, since his heart has died long time ago. He is dead. Yes, he is dead.

 

A fact that he wanted to change no matter what it cost, for the first time ever since his dead life started. It did not really matter before, but being alive, truly breathing with beating heart, seemed much more important now.

 

It started when he first met Yuna in the forest…

 

He was doing one of those night walk while checking out the area to ensure that no one came too close to the invincible portal. The members are supposed to take turns to scan the area.

 

Not that he knows what magic did she cast on him, but it does not take him split second to fall for her charms.

 

Love at first sight they say. His love sounds like that when it started, because he does not know her nor that he knows what was going to happen if he marries her. Everything was unplanned. They are coincidental.

 

Whatever, he call it fate.

 

It was funny now that he thinks again, on how fate played with him even before he made any vow to the ring. He was just watching her from the dark, admiring the lost beauty under the Moon that suddenly walk into the forest, when her leg suddenly stuck and she fell down.

 

It was funny indeed, how her ring jumped from her grip then fell, rolled and stops at his feet. He was not supposed to expose himself. His first intention was just, to return the ring to her but when he held the ring in his hand…

 

 

 

 

 

In any way possible, he is married. It is crazy and insane and ludicrous and absurd. Not to mention how weird it was when suddenly, after a very long time, he felt something from his chest. A throbbing pain. A beautiful throbbing pain, in which source is still unknown.

 

All he knows is that he wants her. He wants to love her, and he wants to receive love from her.

 

It seems like an impossible task, but he tried. He tried to make it happens. He tried to make their marriage works. Then, Sehun got into the picture. And everything started to fall apart. As much as he wished he could kill the kid, he knows that he loves Sehun even more that that.

 

So he held everything in him.

 

He does not know if the ring is a curse or not to his side, when he learnt what the ring can do. Above all, the ring can make her stay by his side, even if it means that she will be under a spell.

 

But then again, her feelings for him would not be true and he does not want to receive a forged love either.

 

He wants her to love him genuinely.

 

 

 

 

 

Then, Sehun took her away. Sehun wanted to undo the seal and break the vow. Panic strikes him. Fear of having to lose her hit him with a mixture of anger and sad and everything. He cannot afford to lose her; at least that was what he thinks.

 

 

 

 

So when he saw her again at the castle, it took Kris more than split seconds to calm himself down from the all those feeling and the familiar throbbing pain. And it took him more than clenched fist and numbing his own leg from jumping to take her in his arms again.

 

He missed her so much that it hurts.

 

The result from straining himself is, he ended up staring hard and intense at her when they meet again..

 

“I’m here to take back what’s mine,” Kris said, and he truly felt she is his. But Sehun said she is not, if only they know how those words sadden him. No one cares about him but the boy that were throwing tantrum in the room.

 

Little that he knows, his wife does see his sad eyes she wished she could take him in her hands to cheer him up. But she didn't.

 

Then Luhan took her away and he was mad. Why does everyone need to take her away from him? Why does things need to be complicated that way? All he wants is to be with her. Why…?

 

 

 

 

 “…and Kris, Sehun. Both of you stay,” Victoria ordered. So he stayed with Sehun.

 

The UnderGuardians started when the last one, Chen, close the door and left the room. “Sehun, can’t we just let them be?” Victoria said.

 

“No”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I love her”

 

Kris saw how the UnderGuardians’ face changed when Sehun said that.

 

“Wait, what? Why?” they asked.

 

“I am supposed to be his husband on that day. She was supposed to marry me”

 

“But you didn’t. You lost the chance” Kris interrupted and Sehun glared at him.

 

“It’s not like your marriage is valid anyway!”

 

“Sehun! Behave yourself!” Krystal snapped when he saw the youngest being rude. Not that she was surprised. Sehun always have that spike in him, and the others just let him be, pampering him, being said he is the youngest.

 

Luna took a deep breath, even if it was not necessary since she is dead, but to release some of the tension she felt filling the air. “Valid or not, they made a vow with the ring. You know better, Sehun. The one who take the ring off will be dead”

 

“But hyung is dead”

 

“Yes. That is why I am against this. He is dead, if he is not I’d gladly persuade him to take it off too. But he is dead and we don’t know how it works with dead people. He might just go puff and disappear. And none of us want that to happen”

 

“Nothing will happen, noona. Kris hyung is dead. He can’t be dead twice. Only that she will lose him. That’s all”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I don’t. But I guess that is how it work. One of the reason why I’m not afraid to tell hyung to let her go”

 

“You guessed…” Sulli repeated, stressing on the ‘guessed’ part.

 

“That is not very convincing”

 

“Ughhh! Trust me! I am the owner of the ring. I know!”

 

“We kept the ring longer than you do, Sehun. And we know more tragic stories caused by the ring more than you do. Many people suffer in misery before they die because of the ring… Some of them ended well with love spell, though love spell gradually eats your soul out as they play with your emotions”

 

“See! Even more reasons why you need to take it off, hyung. Gradually she will become more or less like a zombie, with a beating hearts but with no soul. You are hurting her!”

 

Sehun’s last statement shook him because he hit him with the truth. The fact he has been denying inside his head all along. He dropped his head lower, as guilty take over.

 

“But Sehun, we do not know the consequences that Kris will face if he takes the ring off. We, UnderGuardians need Kris more than we need her”

 

“Are you saying that we should just let her soul withered away?” Sehun gasped and Kris raised his head, looking at the UnderGuardians in disbelief. No, he does not want that. But Sehun did not even give him a second to think when he suddenly rushed out from the room with a “ it, I’m taking her”

 

Hearing someone is taking her away, trigger the beast inside him, unfortunately. “No no no! Don’t!” In no time, his cold feet unknowingly have started to run after the youngest in fury. The UnderGuardians tried to stop him, “Kris!!!” but they failed.

 

Kris caught up with him at the first stairs. He pulled Sehun’s leg and caused Sehun to sprawl over but swiftly the younger one made a high powerful kick to his jaw. Kris staggered few steps backward and Sehun seized the chance to escape and search for the poor girl.

 

“Where did they take her?”

 

Just in time, Sehun caught a glimpse of Xiumin standing in front of a room, with a surprised face to see the boy panting and confused. “Sehun why are…” he stopped halfway when he saw Kris followed up few seconds later. “Where’s Yuna?”

 

“She’s with…” still confused, Xiumin hesitantly directed his index finger towards the long hallway on his right side. It was not too dark, creepy torches hanging on the wall keeping the hallway bright. Sinister feeling, however, spread over the setting, as if the castle itself is welcoming them to hell. The soulless portraits of the dead twisted the corner of their mouth, sardonically.

 

Some even made an O gap and widened their eyes until they become black holes.

 

Sehun ran to the hallway and Kris went after him. Xiumin noticed how Kris’s face has darkens when he passed by him. “Guys…?” Xiumin, puzzled as he is, started calling the others who were having some candle light talk inside the room.

 

Only when he saw Kris hollow eyes did he shouted gravely in terror for the ignorant members in the room. “Guys!!!!!! Sehun!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

Next, the castle were filled with shouts and screams, and Sehun thrown against the walls so many times, alternately with Kris bumping on it, the effect was so deadly the walls crack and few pieces fell crumbling on the floor. Kris, going berserk. The others trying to stop him. Chanyeol gasps and Baekhyun’s closed eyes and ears. Shredded portraits with bleeding and dead people inside it. Fists and kicks against jaw and any part Sehun could reach.

 

Black magnificent wings with falling feathers. Blinding light. Lavender scents out of nowhere. Sehun’s widened eyes in shock and terror locked with Kris’s emptiness. Blood. Blood. Blood all over. Kris’s sudden realization. Guilt. Breaking down. Knees on floor, catching Sehun’s frail body. Luhan came out from one of the room, shouting the kid’s name…

 

“Sehun, dear hang on! Don’t die on me!”

 

Luhan’s voice was the last thing he heard before everything went blank along with the excruciating pain.

 

And black.

 

 

 

 

He did not plan for any of these to happen. They just… happened.

 

But she is blaming him. So he was thinking, maybe this is his fault overall. He started all these. He fell for her. He married her. Then so many things went wrong no matter how hard he tried.

 

Now in front of him, she is crying for the sea. Asking… No, begging him to let her go. Begging him to take the ring off. Luhan told him not to break down. Sehun is not dead. They said they will save Sehun. And they always do. Lay will do anything to save any of them. Above all, they love each other like real brothers.

 

But… “I don’t want to be your wife anymore,” she said.

 

It breaks his heart, really.

 

Funny how emotions still lingers even with the dead. Weird how that throbbing pain still slay him even when his heart has turned bloodless cold long time ago. Her tears… She has cried plenty because of him, he knows that. But still, he is still reluctant to let her go. He thought it is possible for him to die the second time if she is gone.

 

He does not even understand how he can loves someone that deeply considering the short times they were together.

 

Funny. Really. How circumstances kill him, whether he keeps her with him or just let her be free.

 

He moved slowly, as if he will literally break if he rush it, and hesitantly he took her face in his both hand, wiping away her tears with his thumbs. This time, she let him do it. “No. No no no. Please don’t say that…” he said, hoarse and brittle.

 

“Just let me go Kris. I don’t love you”

 

“You will love me, you just have to give me times”

 

“We can’t be together. You are dead. And I’m still alive”

 

“But I love you”

 

“I know, but love doesn’t mean that we have to be together”

 

“But I want to be with you”

 

“Kris! Let me go! Take this ring off from me!”

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

“I’ll hate you forever! You are dead! And there is no way I could love you!”

 

And bomb.

 

That did it. Those words stabbed his heart. It will leave scars for sure. And Yuna hate to see his broken heart again. Why is it always her? She questioned herself in between her sob. Why does she have to be the reason every single time he is hurt? And damn, tears kept on flowing by themselves.

 

Because she was fighting with her own feeling. She said words that her heart tells not to say. It hurts. Hurting Kris, means she is hurting herself too.

 

Love spell, they say.

 

The thoughts of losing her right mind eventually frighten her. She does not want that to happen. What happened to her parents and Sehun just added more reasons to it. Thus, she wants to be free from the spell.

 

Seeing her so desperate, it took him a while, but Kris at last looked down, taking her left hand in his, caressing it with love. Her eyes were blurred from the swelling drain. She could no longer see the streamline formed from the unbearable heartache, or his bobbling shoulders from the damaged soul.

 

Tuk. Teardrops fall on her hand. “Don’t say that. I am sorry… for loving you too much, … please don’t … hate me. I.. I….” the words struggled from his throat, bitter and choking. “I’ll take it away… If that … will make you happy…so…”

 

He closed his eyes, taking her in his arms, calming her drowning cries, ignoring the gasp and the no from the background, feeling her and giving her his love for the last time. His trembling fingers circled the damned ring, he managed a whisper enough for only her to hear, before he takes the ring off and everything went blinding white with black feathers falling in a motion as rains fall with no gravity.

 

Celebrating the desolation with no mercy.

 

Then she fell to the floor, shocked, terrified, exhausted. And he disappeared. He’s gone. The ring fell, ringing on the marble floor. His last words… sent her weeping and wailing in regret and misery.

 

“… so please don’t cry, dear. I’ll go, if that will lessen your suffering… I’ll go”

 

“I love you”

 

Blank.

 

 

 

 

Freshly baked breads.

 

She woke up later, because of the delicious smell that came from freshly baked breads and the and quite faint annoying voices and sounds of ruckus. It was hard at first, to pierce her long-closed eyes, and she had to cover her face with his hand from the glaring sun emitting through the wide opened window.

 

When she finally copes up with the light, adapting to her surrounding, she found herself on a stranger's bed with white sheets, big enough for two. She scanned the space, which she assumed as a bedroom, and found a very neat and simple room made of nails and wood. A very simple room indeed, with no walls decoration or fancy colors of tiles or anything. Only the bed and a bedside table.

 

On the table, stands a glass filled with a lonely, yet a lovely yellow daisy.

 

Bewildered and confused of the unfamiliar settings, she called out “Mother? Mother?!”.

 

No replies.

 

But the ruckus sounds has stopped. Then she heard footsteps, running footsteps towards the room, excited and all. But no, not her mother who came peeking into the room.

 

A tall boy, too cute to be call a man, with electrifying smiles and mischievousness written all over his face came in. And who with no invitation walks towards her and sits beside her on the bed. Still smiling, maybe giggling under his breathes, and he looks so happy and impossibly shy that he looks funny.

 

“Do you know me?” he asked and she hesitantly shook her head. That is their first meeting because his face was never registered on any parts of her memory.

 

He takes her hands, holding it with love and tender. ‘Chup!’ A kiss landed on her right cheek so suddenly and she had no time to react when he excitedly introduce himself.

 

“Hey… dear! My name is Chanyeol. You might be surprise but, I’m your husband!”

 

 

 

 

 


Yes. It was written in the Author's POV. But you might have guessed it. ^^ . 

I hope it was not boring, since I rewritten almost all the previous chapter in this.

Gaaahhh~! I don't know. I don't know T.T