Leave Me

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

 

“For coming late, I’m sorry” you sobbed again.

 

“For not being able to be at the ceremony, I’m sorry. Father. Mother”

 

You have been asking for forgiveness in front of their grave for hours. The tears just won’t stop from flowing it feels so fake but the tears is there and they are sincere. You cried as quite as possible.

 

The five dead members were waiting for you outside the graveyard. Only Luhan was allowed to come with you because he is… Luhan. For the time being, you hate them. Excluding Luhan. But more than ever, Kris.

 

If it were not Kris, your parent would not have to die. They would not have to suicide. You knew your family might have to go through hard times trying to pay off the debts you family owed.

 

Or maybe they will surely think of another marriage with another son from another rich family. To sell you off again.

 

But with you, gone. The situation might have pushed them off the cliff.

 

You just regretted that they chose to leave you so soon. They should have waited for you a little bit longer. And you blame yourself for being missing.

 

But most of the blame goes to Kris.

 

“Please don’t hate him”, Luhan said as if he knows what you were thinking. He was standing beside you quietly in remorse. You glared at his word as if he said the most ludicrous sentence ever.  Your tears had stopped from falling by now.

 

“I know you hate us right now. But it was not what we planned. We don’t know your marriage with Kris will cause your parents to…”
 

“Don’t make me hate you too, Luhan” you cut his speech.

 

Your harsh tone stunned him but then again he chose to understand you. You had every right to be mad. You had every right to be sad. You had every right to lose even your sanity.

 

After what seems like hours staring at your parents’ grave, Luhan took your hands so that you can face him.

 

“Let’s go. You need to eat”

 

“I don’t want to eat”

 

“Standing here won’t make any difference”

 

“You can go if you want to. No, just go Luhan. Take them with you”

 

Luhan took a glance at s who is still standing outside the graveyard. He sighed. “Kris won’t leave without you”

 

“I don’t care. I don’t want to see his face”

 

“Yuna… Just come with us. You are getting weaker”

 

Yes, you were getting weaker. It surprised you that you were still standing when you had this conversation. Your surrounding has become dark by now. Only the light from the Moon illuminates your view.

 

“I’m not going with Kris”, you insisted. Luhan sighed again at your obstinacy.

 

Then you heard one of the five, called Luhan over. He then requested you to stay before he rushed to them.

 

You turned to look at your parents’ grave again. You lost in time. Before you realize it, Luhan was back to your side with something in his hand. It appears that Luhan got a task from Kris. To feed you.

 

“Let’s sit down first”, Luhan sat down crossed-leg on the grass.

 

When he saw you not moving, he heaved your hand closer towards him and you fall awkwardly on his lap with your back against his chest.

 

He quickly wrapped his hands around you because you struggled to get up.

 

“Luhan!”

 

“Sshhh.. Calm down. I must make sure you eat something”, the scent of the fresh baked buns in his hand in front of you makes your stomach growled.

 

“I’m not eating!”

 

“Yuna. Eat. Here” he split up one of the bun into two in front of you and handed it to you.

 

“Or should I really feed you?”, he asked when the bun in his hand is not taken.

 

You took it. You realized you were hungry and the temptation is just too much for you to resist. He gave you another half when you finished it. Then another bun. And another bun.

 

Luhan chuckled to himself. “You ARE hungry. You are eating so well, Yuna”

 

You did not respond to his teasing.  You eat your dinner silently on his lap in his indirect hug. It felt like he is pampering you.

 

You stared at your parent’s grave again. Father and mother have never spoiled you like this. All they do is fight all day and channeled their discontentment to you. All they have is hopes, expectations, and anticipations towards you. They never really listen to you anyway.

 

Despite all that, they are your parents and you love them regardless. They gave you the opportunity to live by giving birth to you; they took care of you and attended to all your needs.

 

“How did you found out that my parents died?”

 

“Kris told us to find your parent the moment we reached the town. Therefore, we did. It’s not hard since your family was once a rich and well-known. It’s easier with your posters everywhere. We could ask around about your parent”, he offered you another bun but you shook your head. Enough for dinner, tonight.

 

You stood up, thank him, and asked Luhan to go.

 

“You are not coming with us?”, he looked worried. Yet, you shook your head. You are not going with them.

 

“What are you planning to do?”

 

“Whatever I was doing before I meet you”

 

“Are you ditching us?”

 

You nodded.

 

“You are not in your right mind”

 

“Luhan, I am in the right mind. I just lose them the moment I met Kris. I go with you and this happened”

 

“Nooo. I just started to grow fond of you~”

 

You stared at Luhan. Grow fond. Yes, you have grown fond of all of them. Especially, the man who is standing in front of you right now.

 

But you can’t go with them. The Underworld is not your place. You have to live with the real living. Not the living dead.

 

“But Kris won’t leave you alone”

 

Ahh~ Kris. He is immune to heart break, you guessed. Maybe because his heart has stopped feeling any pain since long time ago. You had him heartbroken many times but he is still there, acting as if nothing happened and pretending that you are a happy couple.

 

“I’ll just ignore Kris when he comes. If I keep breaking his heart, maybe he will give up one day, right?”

 

Luhan looked at you then ruffled you hair as he smiled sadly. “You seriously do not know Kris yet”, he said. Then he let go and walked away leaving you alone in the dark.

 

You saw him talking to the members that waited outside then one by one leave the graveyard. Kris is the last one and you saw him staring at you from afar before he too, disappeared from the darkness of the night.

 

 

^^

His smiles~