-We All Once Were a Kid

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

“Sorry, for the late introduction. I’m Suho, the leader of EXO-K. The man who tried to kiss you before is Chanyeol. The man beside Chanyeol is Baekhyun. That is D.O. And that y man over there is Kai. And our youngest, although you already know him, Sehun”

 

You looked at Suho, blinking few times before you asked him to repeat again with their names.

 

Sighing at your dumb effort to remember all their names at once, Tao came forward and suggested not to waste time and start walking first leaving the rest behind. Then one by one started to follow him. Suho patted your shoulder and told you that you will get their names soon.

 

“Yuna?”, Chanyeol came to you with a shy smile. “Sorry about that, just now. I just love to pranks and fooling around. I didn’t mean any harm. But you are sooo cute I really want to kiss you!”

 

Both Kris and Baekhyun growled at his comment. “Enough, Channie. Let’s go! Oh, Yuna? I’m Baekhyun”. As he said that, Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol away.

 

Kris told Luhan to head off first because he devotedly stayed by your side when everyone leaves. You tried to signal him not to go but he obediently complied with Kris’s words.

 

Kris cleared his throat as the situation become awkward, as there is only the two of you left behind. He offered his hand saying he’ll talk as we walk. You hesitated, but took his hand because that cold hand looks like it will get colder if you refuse to take it. Needless to say, the explanations begin.

 

“Sorry about Chanyeol. And the sudden EXO-K things”, you nodded.

 

“EXO-M and EXO-K are acquaintance. We have been looking after of EXO-K members since they were kid”

 

You threw Kris a weird look.

 

“No, we are not their father or anything. We are like their custodian. The UnderGuardians assigned us with the kids so we are taking care of the things that their parents cannot do”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like healing them when they are injured, save their lives, protect them and give them loves…”

 

“Kris, that’s what parents do for their kids”

 

“Yup, except that they don’t have one. They became orphan since they were small and were chosen by the UnderGuardians to be taken care of by us”

 

“So you are like their step-father?”

 

Kris made a thinking face before he answered yes.

 

“Pretty much like that. But they have their own step-parents now. We put them in real families when they are strong and old enough not to be bullied by others for the reason that they are orphan. We are more like their older brother”

 

“Ahh~ so all of you were training them so that they can face the world? But why them? There are many orphans why you chose them?”

 

Kris smiled. It is not their part of the job to choose, the UnderGuardians did. And the kids did not came from the same family and they were not assigned to them all at the same time.

 

They only pick the children when the UnderGuardians instructed them. One by one came under EXO-M guidance after that and were taught the ways of the world and the existence of the Underworld.

 

 

 

 

 

“We have new family members~”, Luhan let the small boy he carried down.

 

Five kids who were on the dinner table turned their head at the new face in the mansion. “Wahh~ so cute!”, Baekhyun came down from the table to greet the new member. Then, the rest of the kid followed him.

 

“Luhan hyung, what is his name?”, Suho asked.

 

“This is our cutie baby Sehun. Please take care of him” Luhan patted Sehun’s head.

 

D.O then took Sehun in his hug, knowing the new member just lost his family. All of them were like Sehun too when they first came here. Lost. But the hyungs are taking care of them so well, better than the orphanage where they got kicks and beats. So D.O were so grateful

 

“Kids, come. Sehun needs to eat too”, Chen called them back to the table.

 

“He looks so weak. Any injuries, Luhan?”, Lay asked and Luhan nodded.

 

“Lay hyung will take a look at them after we eat, okay Sehun?”

 

Sehun nodded. He was still in shock at the new environment. Luhan came to take him when he was about to be pushed down by other kid from the top of the orphanage building.

 

Kai smiled at him and then wrapped a hand on Sehun’s shoulder. “You’ll get use to it~ Welcome to EXO-M’s mansion. You are now a member of EXO-K. And don’t worry although they are dead, the food that the BTOB brother’s cook is delicious!”

 

Kai’s words only adds frown to Sehun’s face but Kai ignored his dumbfounded expression and dragged Sehun to the table.

 

“The kids need to get up tomorrow morning. It’s been three days since they last go out. It must be hard to breath right now”, Kris suggested as he eat his chicken.

 

“Yay! Outing! What are we going to play tomorrow?”, Chanyeol shouted out.

 

Kris looked at Chanyeol suspiciously. “Maybe we should leave Channie alone tomorrow”. Chanyeol pouted. “Hyung~”

 

“It won’t be fun without Channie!”, Baekhyun tried to defend his friend.

 

“We’ll see if you can behave yourself, Chanyeol”, Tao looked at Chanyeol with serious face.

 

Kai chuckled at Tao’s deadpan expression.

 

 

 

 

And the memories fade away with Chanyeol throwing tantrums at their hyungs teasing.

 

They are grown-ups now. Those small kids have become as big as their hyung and they become friends. They pay them visits occasionally after they got new families and they keep in contact with each other.

 

“I never knew such relationship exist”, you said while trying to take in the story that Kris told you.

 

“We thought it was impossible, too. But the UnderGuardians asked us personally to take care of them, we don’t know the reasons but followed the orders. As time goes by, we grow fond of each other and that’s how we ended up like this”

 

“UnderGuardians?”

 

“Ahh.. they are the goddess of the Underworld. They rule, guard and protect the Underworld. In your world, their status is like the king. I’ll take you to meet them, someday”

 

Ehhh~ Someday. You hoped that someday won’t happen. Because if it happens, that only means you failed to escape.

 

Kris abruptly stopped walking and pulled your hand to make you look at him. “We have arrived”. He sighed but looked deep into you searching for the word trust in you. “You promised me, right?”

 

You lost for word as you see insecurity in his eyes.

 

 

 

“You will come back with me, right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

>> Hope you don't mind with all these EXO things relationship. I tried to make them interesting and not too heavy. ^^

>>Now I need to spare times to update my second fanfic. Aigoo~