-It’s a Mystical Ring, You Said?

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

 

     It’s been two to three days since you went ‘missing’ from your real world, or so you thought. You are not so sure yourself how long the time has passed by because there is no Mrs. Moon or Mr. Sun to tell you whether it is day or night.

 

     You counted your fated first meeting with Kris as one night, and when you started to move out from the hideout, it was almost dawn. Then you walked all day in the jungle with them, when you reached the portal, it was almost sunset because the forest was getting dark.

 

     That is the last time you saw the light from the Sun itself.

 

     Last night, you slept. So you counted that as your second day.

 

     When you opened your eyes today, you were yearning to see the sunrise once again. To felt the warmth of the sunrays in the morning. Sadly, the darkness outside stayed the same.

 

     You felt like cursing Kris, but he was not there. He is not with you on the bed. What surprised you is that, when you turned around to search for Kris, you found Lord Sehun’s figure sitting on a chair beside the bed.

 

     He sat slightly stooped towards you, with his elbows on his thighs and his hand clasped together.

 

     You asked for Kris, afraid he might see both of you together.

 

     “He will be out for a while. I ensured it is safe before I came in”

 

     “How long have you been staring at me like that?”, you asked without hiding the signs of you being embarrassed. You immediately sit yourself, realizing how improper the situation was. He smiled at your hastiness.

 

     You made a remark saying, it is rude for him to stare at someone the way he was staring at you. But…

 

     “I’m staring at my love”, he said.

 

     OH MY~ You need a place, somewhere to hide your reddening cheeks. It was a good heart-fluttering moment but at the same time guilty hits you. What were you doing in Kris’s house, on Kris’s bed?

 

     “Are you doing fine? It will get harder to breathe the longer you stay here”

 

     Now that he mentioned it, you do feel your chest stifling. You took a deep breathe but it is hard to do that. You started to get panic. Am I dying? Will I struggle for breath soon, like a fish out of its tank?

 

    “Don’t worry, you won’t die. It’ll just get harder to breathe. But if you stay down here too long, it’ll turn you crazy enough you might want to kill yourself”

 

     After saying that as if it was no big deal, Lord Sehun then kindly took your left hand to see the ring on your finger.

 

     “This ring… I gave it to you, not for you to marry someone else”

 

    “And this is not supposedly our wedding ring, either”, he added.

 

     You just listened to him without responding to his words. He said he gave it to you, trusting you will keep it safe. He did not expect you to wear it.

 

     The ring, which is on your ring finger, now, is special. That’s what Lord Sehun told you. It took him years to get that ring. You felt guiltier than ever.. You tried to explain about how you and Kris got married that night, how the vow was chanted and how Kris put the ring on your finger, just to find some excuses to make you feel less guilty.

 

     “You have to take me out here, you should know the way out, right?”

 

     “You should worry more about the ring on your hand rather than thinking of ways to get out, though”

 

     “Why do you keep on talking about the ring?”

 

     “Have you tried to take it off, the ring?”

 

     You were at a complete loss at Lord Sehun’s question so you tried to take the ring off but you failed. Taken aback at your failure, you tried harder but you end up with another failure.

 

     It was as if the ring was glued together to your ring finger with the strongest glue ever created. As if, they were made together since the beginning. Panicked, you asked Lord Sehun for an explanation.

 

     “This is a mystical ring; I got them from the UnderGuardians –the guardians of the Underworld. The ring responds to any vow made by the holder of the ring, to anyone who will wear it. Any vow made will seal the ring to one’s finger”, he paused to look at you with worried face.

 

     “You said Kris hold the ring when he chanted the wedding vow, didn’t you?”. You nodded hesitantly, hoping for a no as an answer yourself.

 

     “Don’t tell me, the conclusion is … that our marriage is counted, as real…”, you shook your head in denial. “Isn’t there any way to undo the the seal?”

 

     It was an important question but Lord Sehun suddenly sensed Kris coming back. He hurried out through the back door and escaped without answering the most important matter to you right then.

 

     You closed the back door at the same time the Kris appeared from the front door. Kris eyes met yours but you gazed away, as if Kris would know what just happened by penetrating your eyes. No, he can not do that.

 

     “Where did you go?”, you asked, trying to brush off the uneasiness and the awkwardness between both of you. You saw him took a glance at the door behind you, the door that you just closed, then he smiled at you as he showed what he got in his hand.

 

      “Breakfast?”

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR's FOOTNOTE

 

The longer I write, the longer I dig, I found this story becomes more complicated than I thought.

(>,<)

I mean... the ring, the UnderGuardians, the connections.

Thus, I need your opinions, dear Precious Reader.

Do you prefer a simpler plot, or do you want explanations and make this longer?

I have two main plots, simple and not-so-simple.

I'll go on with your preferences because I'm afraid you'll get sick of these Underworld's Complicated Information.

So... HELP ME CHOOSE!

...

Ehem. Ehem. 

Thank you for reading, for the precious comments and for subscribing~

*bow*

*wave*

Babai~