-Catching Up

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

 

“Hey, dear”

 

You hesitated to answer but you did, “Hey…,” you smiled. But when you turned to Lord Sehun who was staring at Kris, you suppressed the smile back. 

 

Your attention was on Kris all the time you did not realize when, but EXO-K members have come to your side. I mean. Lord Sehun’s side. Then EXO-K and EXO-M were staring at each other as if they are bickering in silent words.

 

All that was happening, but Kris’s eyes were fixed on you the whole time. It last more than a minute, for sure. Tenseness fills up the room, at least, until Luhan stepped out from his group to take back his Tinkers from Sulli. The Tinkers were crying and wailing that Luhan could no longer stand the annoying sound of them.

 

“Do you want to see us die? Stop all those staring things, boys! Or we’ll kill you ourselves! Master Luhan. Let us kill them! Let us kill them!”

 

Oh boy. The Tinkers were totally out of it. Glad that Luhan came and save them. Luhan hold them as if they were two cute kittens before he shove them into his pocket. 

 

The room suddenly went into a grave silence without the Tinkers. Awkward silence, to be precise. Because few seconds later the boys, who were staring at each other’s eyes, burst into laughter for reasons that you could not understand because it was too sudden.

 

But the amazing thing is that, Tao was laughing too. It was your first time seeing Tao like that but he is quite cute when he smiles.

 

“I told you not to pamper the Tinkers too much, Luhan,” Tao commented.

 

“He can’t help it, though. Luhan hyung is a lover,” Chanyeol still amused by the Tinkers, his hands were on his stomach to hold back the laughter.

 

“Kekeke. They dare to threat us, and even thinking of killing us. Just wait till they are sober,” Xiumin added. And you finally get the reason for the sudden burst of laughter.

 

Amber suddenly cleared to gain back the boys’ attention. “Boys, aren't you being rude by ignoring us here? You are still in our castle”

 

All thirteen heads including yours turned to the UnderGuardians. EXO-K members bowed their head a little to the UnderGuardians as a greeting.

 

But EXO-M just stood where they were, watching the boys that used to be under their care.

 

“I’m sorry for the sudden interruption…” Kris stepped out of his group. His eyes wandered from you, to Lord Sehun and finally to the UnderGuardians. Then he continued his words.

 

“I’m here to take back what’s mine”

 

“She is not yours!” Lord Sehun refused to remain silent. He took your hand in his, as if that could ensure you are safe with him. Kris flinched at his action. The rest of EXO-K has switched their attention back to the hyung behind them.

 

“She is mine, alright. We are married,” Kris remained calm and composed.

 

“With my ring!” D.O and Suho have to held Lord Sehun’s shoulder, afraid if the young boy might jump onto Kris. Because he has done that before.

 

Kris heaved a sigh. “With your ring. Yes. True. But it was never my intention to marry her with a cursed ring of yours”

 

“So why don’t you just let go of her, now?! I heard you knew how to break the curse! Take the ring off from her!,” Lord Sehun grip your hand tighter.

 

Kris sighed again. But he stayed calm even when Lord Sehun shouted at him. Knowing Sehun, he knows that getting in rage is pointless. Sehun used to be under his care after all. And that, is not the way to handle Sehun.  

 

Kris gave up trying to fight Sehun and looked downwards, refusing to reply to Sehun’s request. He looked sad that you wished to take him in your hands to cheer him up.

 

It was Lay, who jumped into the situation and said that all of you need to rest.

 

Baekhyun nodded to his suggestion. “We are all tired from the journey. Above all, Yuna must be the most tired person here. She just lost her parents and we are doing this to her. This is not right, guys…”

 

All of them seemed to agree, except Lord Sehun and Kris. “I need rest, please, both of you…,” finally you said and as you expected, both of them loosened the tense atmospheres around them.

 

“I’ll go with you,” both of them said at the same time, as if they planned it beforehand. You shook your head to their endless rivalries. You decided to let go of Lord Sehun’s hand and went to Luhan.

 

“I’ll go with my sweetheart,” you said as you take his cold hand in yours. Luhan broke into a proud grin.

 

Victoria clapped her hands once. She could no longer stand the drama. “Boys, get some rest. Take any room you want in this castle, just beware of some prohibited rooms, you know where they are… and Kris, Sehun. Both of you, stay”

 

Without wasting a minute, Luhan gladly led you out of the room followed by the other boys. He took you upstairs. Halfway, the others split from you and Luhan.

 

They entered a room together but Luhan led you into another room.

 

Why are we splitting?, you asked. Luhan smiled at you.

 

“You need to sleep”

 

 

 

 

 

Warm.

 

That explained the room that Luhan took you to after splitting with the others. It has a bed large enough for two. Fireplace. Flower decorations. And the paintings in the room were not so weird too. The room was normal and comfortable.

 

Luhan told you to go to sleep as he took a seat on the couch prepared in the room. But you refused to sleep and sat beside him. “How did you know I was here?,” you asked, though you have already guessed the answer. Kris’s spies, he said.

 

“And you sent the Tinkers?”

 

He smiled warmly. “The Tinkers didn’t harm you, did they? I only asked them to delay you so that we could catch up.” You shook you head. Then, Luhan took the Tinkers out from his pocket.

 

They were snoring in deep sleep, though. Luhan put Tinker Jimin and Tinker Jungkook on the table. You can’t help but to burst into a grin when you see those cute little Tinkers.

 

“But Yuna, seriously. You need to sleep… Aren’t you tired?”

 

You pouted. Yes you were tired but the floating questions in your head won’t let you sleep. Luhan then pulled you to lay your head on his lap. It was a long couch enough for three, so you make yourself comfortable on it.

 

He caressed your hair to help you fall asleep. “Should I sing you lullaby?” he asked.

 

“Instead of lullaby, tell me a bedtime story”

 

“Bedtime story?”

 

“What happened?” you wanted to know everything, and since it is going to be a story, you decided that it will be your bedtime story for the day.

 

He paused to think. Maybe to filter the story that he is going to tell. He can’t tell everything to you… “We left the graveyard, as you wished…” he began his story.

 

“I thought Kris would never really leave you alone, there… but we really left. We followed Kris’s steps without knowing which direction Kris is heading to… but we were in front of a mansion…”

 

“Then suddenly Kris gets to know that Sehun has taken you to the Underworld so we went after you” he paused his story to chuckle and commented on how panicked Kris looked when he get the news.

 

“If only you were there to see his face at that time, it was so funny, Yuna. He thought he is losing you”

 

“He was so nervous he forced me to use the Tinkers. So I had no choice. He even called the rest of EXO-K to come with us, because Sehun tend to listen to them more than he listens to him”

 

Rebellious kid, Sehun is… Though, he have soft spot for Luhan since he is the one who saved him.

 

“Enough for today, Yuna. Now sleep before I ask the UnderGuardians to cast as spell for you to sleep,” he still caressing your hair. It was blessings. You were tired and in no time, you fell asleep in Luhan’s lap.

 

The last thing that you heard before you totally blank out was Luhan’s humming to a sorrowful song. He did give you a lullaby afterall. You sweetheart, Luhan.

 

Little that you know, when you wake up, tomorrow is going to be a big day…

 

 

AUTHOR'S  FEW  WORDS

 

So, I saw that many of you are guessing on death.

But it was really nothing big though.

The price to unseal it is big, yes, if you are still alive.

I wanted to just reveal everything, but this chapter is needed.

I think it's better to take things slow

rather than just jump here and there, without the details.

 

I do hope it has enough feeeeeeeel to it.

*sigh*

 

Till the next chapter! XOXO

And Growl, is AWEZSOMMMMMMEEAH!

^^