-Eavesdropping is a Bad Habit, Dear

The Damned Vow {On Hiatus}

 

What is it this time?”

 

“Nothing, I just miss my brothers. How are you doing?”

 

-Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.-

 

“Please, don’t make us go through that lovey-dovey process. Just tell us what you did this time”

 

-Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.-

 

“Eii~ Don’t be like that. I sincerely miss you that’s why I came”

 

“How are the others? Are they doing well?”

 

“Yeah, of course. Suho-hyung opened a coffee shop. The others are helping out a little sometimes.

 

“And why are you here again?”

 

“I got caught for robbery”

 

“I knew it! Kris, you should just punish him!”

 

“Eiii~ Don’t be like that! I just took what supposed to be ours and gave it back to those in needs… 

Politicians have had more than enough to misuse people’s money for their own selfish needs”.

 

 

 

Wake up, Yuna! You were too out of your mind you didn’t even listen to their talking.

You stared at Lord Sehun and you saw he glanced at you few times but that’s it.

No greeting. No that dramatic why-are-you-here-in-shock talking. Nothing.

 

 

No one care to introduce you to him or him to you.

If they do that, at least you could confirm the identity of the person that is sitting in front you now.

But they ignored you. All of them were too immersed with Lord Sehun’s presence.

Especially Luhan.

 

Is it because Lord Sehun did not see you?

No, he saw you.

Didn’t he recognize you?

May be.

But the ways he glanced at you few times, surely he recognized you.

 

So why? Is he pretending not to know you?

May be he too, like you, are debating with yourself whether to open your mouth or not and tell them you know him.

 

No words come out from your mouth although questions kept on filling your head.

 

Luhan’s hand on your shoulder brought your mind back to the dining room.

 

“Yes?”, you asked, dumbfounded. All heads had turn to you, including Lord Sehun’s.

 

“Kris asked if you wanted to go back and rest first because our talk seems like it’ll drag till hours.

Or do you wanted to stay?”, Luhan explained the situation.

 

You looked at all of them and your gaze stopped at Kris. “I’ll go first”.

 

Surely you don’t want to stare at Lord Sehun’s face for hours by staying.

You need to clear your mind first. You need to calm down.

 

“Let me send you”, Kris has prepared to stand up but you stopped him.

 

“It’s okay. I can walk on my own”

 

“But this mansion is big; you might lose your way down…”

 

“I’ll ask around. Don’t worry. I want to walk on my own”

 

You went out ignoring Kris’s worried face.

 

 

 

 

 

Lost. You should have listened to Kris. You should have let Kris take you back.

Why were you so stubborn? Aishh~ You don’t know where you are.

 

On top of that, you didn’t see anyone to ask for help. Everything is dark.

Only few candles light up your way.

You wanted to scream for help but the darkness surrounding you do not encourage you to do so.

You felt like if you scream, something else will pop out and take you away, somewhere more dangerous.

 

You do not know how long have you been walking around. Everything looks the same.

Hallways, paintings, doors, vases, dead flowers. And it’s getting colder.

You sighed and started to cry silently.

 

All of a sudden, someone grabbed your arm and dragged you to a corner.

He had your mouth shut with his hand before you could scream in fear.

“Shhhh. It’s me”, he whispered because you struggled.

 

You were calmed down when you saw him. “What are you doing here?”, you asked, trying to wipe away your tears.

 

“What about you? Why are you here?”, he asked you back.

So he do recognize you after all. He just pretended not knowing you.

The fact that he is talking to you now made you feel happy inside.

As if, you finally found long lost family.

 

Maybe it was because finally you found someone who is still alive beside you after being with the dead for a long time.

 

Then he took your left hand to see the ring.

 

“What is this supposed to mean?”, he referred to the ring. Did they tell him about your marriage already? Oh no…

 

“It was an accident”

 

“Accident?”

 

“I don’t know how to explain it to you but it was an accident. A mistake”.

 

Lord Sehun looked frustrated. He’s trying to find the right word, but he couldn’t.

“How can you marry someone else using my ring?”

 

“I told you it was a mistake. It’s not legal anyway. He is dead, right? But I am not. We can not marry each other.”

 

Lord Sehun looked at you with pain in his eyes.

“You don’t know what you just have done, my dear…”, he cupped your face in his hands.

 

You don’t understand. Why is he reacting like that? Why did he say that? What have you done?

 

“What is this, Sehun?”

 

The unfamiliar voice that came out of nowhere stunned both of you.

You look around for the owner of the voice with thumping heart.

Lord Sehun has taken his hand off your face by now. Did anyone found you? Is it Kris? Or Luhan?

 

Wait, what will happen if they found out that you know Lord Sehun anyway?

It’s not like they know the fact that Lord Sehun almost marry you

before Kris do something stupid with Lord Sehun’s ring.

 

Or, did the owner of the voice heard your conversation with Lord Sehun.

That would mean trouble, isn’t it? Oh crap…

 

You heard slow footsteps coming towards both of you but you stood there anxiously, unable to move.

It was a nerve-wrecking moment.

 

Then your face went pale when you see the face of someone who never smiles at you.

 

You finally get to see him smile. Oh-so-great!

 

But it’s not. It’s not great.

 

It was Tao.

 

Tao appeared from the dark…

 

And he is smiling wickedly.

 

 

 

 

kekeke~ Again, thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy it! 

Have a blast day~!