Chapter 14 - Regret

The Cold Ones

Authors POV


When Seohyun had left the restaurant, Yoona punched her own forehead.
"Pabo Yoona!! Why did i reject her!" she said to herself while rubbing her temple.

I'm such a PABO. An idiot! she thought to herself and leaned her forehead against the table.

"I broke Seobabys heart..." she whispered to herself with guilt.

"Aish!" she exclaimed and stood up from the chair.

She hurried out from the restaurant and ran to her car.
While she felt regret and guilt, she started the car and started driving home.


Seohyun knocked desperately on the door to their house, because she forgot her keys inside.
Her tears was still flowing, and she just wanted to come in and escape from reality.

When Tiffany opened the door, the maknae threw herself at the red haired girl who received her in her embrace.

"Hyunnie! What's wrong?" Tiffany asked when she heard Seohyun sob.

"Yoona rejected me" Seohyun whispered between her sobs.

"W-wait what? You like Yoona? And you confessed to her?" Tiffany asked, she didn't knew that the maknae liked Yoona.

Seohyun nodded and continued crying.

"Aww Seohyunnie... I don't know what to say... Everything's gonna be alright" Tiffany encouraged and caressed Seohyuns back.

Seohyun shoke her head.
"No it won't be alright! I've loved her for fifty years... It'll take centuries for me to get over her" Seohyun said, and cried more when she realized it.

Tiffany sighed and didn't know what to say.
And in that moment, the door slammed open and Yoona entered the house.

"Seohyunnie... We need to talk!" she said

Seohyun wiped her tears and shoke her head.
"I don't wanna talk" she said sternly, but her voice was still shaking.

"Please, i need to te---" Yoona said, but she got interrupted by Seohyun who ran up the stairs and disappeared.

Yoona sighed heavily and sat down on the floor, leaning her face in her palms.
Tiffany sat down next to her.

"I hate myself" Yoona whispered.

Tiffany her back.
"It's not your fault that you don't like her back"

"But that's what i do!" Yoona yelled.
"I love her!! But i was to afraid and inexperienced to admit it!"

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows.
"What are you waiting for!? Go and tell her!"

Yoona shoke her head.
"It's not the right time. She's to upset" she said and sighed.

Suddenly Taeyeon entered the hallway.
"What's going on here?" she asked when she saw the two girls sitting on the floor, and Yoona looked extremely worn out.

"Love problems..." Tiffany sighed and stood up from the floor.

Taeyeon nodded slightly.
"Oh i see..." she said and left the room.

While Tiffany stood up, she caressed Yoonas hair.
"Don't worry, Yoong. It's gonna be fine, just tell her when the time is right" she said and smiled lightly.

Tiffany raised her fist and lip-synced 'Hwaiting!', then she left the room.

Yoona sighed and stood up from the floor.
She looked at her watch, the time was 2 AM.
She sighed to herself, and left the house to hunt.


The next morning Sunny woke up early.
She looked out of the window, it was very sunny outside.

"I guess i actually need to visit my eonnis today... They need to be entertained indoor when it's great weather outside" she said to herself and got out of bed.

She quickly got dressed in simple clothes, and then she left the house.
The time was only 9 AM, but the earlier she arrive, the better.

SunnyBunny walked for 5 minutes for the bus stop, and luckily for her, the bus came exactly when she arrived.

The journey didn't take so long. She was there after ten minutes.
She ran up their driveway, and then knocked on the door.

Tiffany opened immediately, but she didn't look as happy as she used to do.

"It's something wrong? You look so sad" Sunny said while she entered the house.

Tiffany sighed.
"The atmosphere between Yoona and Seohyun is very bad..." she said

Sunny frowned.
"Why?"

"Seohyun confessed to Yoona last night, and Yoona rejected her..." Tiffany explained

"Wae!?" Sunny exclaimed and frowned even more.

"Really, Yoona liked Seohyun too... But she rejected her anyways and... aish... Yoona is regretting it" Tiffany explained.

"B-but why doesn't Yoona tell her?"

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders.
"She waits for the right time"

Sunny nodded before she spoke.
"Where's Seohyun now?"

"She's upstairs, in her and Yoonas room"

Sunny hurried upstairs.
At the fireplace, Yoona sat and looked very depressed.
Sunny nodded quickly as 'Hi', and then she knocked on Seohyuns door.

"Who is it?" Seohyuns voice was heard.

"Sunny. Can i come in?"

"Sure."

Sunny slowly opened the door, and she saw Seohyun laying on the bed and looking up in the ceiling.
The shortie sighed and closed the door after her. Then she walked and sat down next to Seohyun on the bed.

"Eonni i'm sorry..." Sunny said and caressed Seohyuns cheek.

Seohyun sighed.
"I will not be able to get over her... A fifty years love will at least take double time to get rid of" she said, continuing looking up in the ceiling.

"Seohyunnie... Before you do anything, i think you should talk to her" Sunny adviced.

Seohyun frowned.
"Why?"

"Just do it, please. Do it when it feels right" Sunny said.

She didn't want to reveal that Yoona likes her back.
It's best for Yoona to do it herself.

Sunny smiled slightly to Seohyun, and then she left the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well... I hope you readers aren't so sad anymore because Yoona rejected our maknae :)
To see how it all turns out, stay tuned!

Thanks for reading,
and don't forget to comment and upvote the story!