LOVE IS NOT BLIND (Chapter 5)

LOVE IS NOT BLIND

Chapter 5

 

 

Kyuhyun’s nanny went upstairs to call Kyuhyun for breakfast. She saw him standing outside his room, wearing corporate attire. She notices her young master’s sad face as he stares at the bunny key ring hanging at the doorknob.

 

“Young master”

 

Kyuhyun’s nanny walks towards him.

 

“Young master, breakfast is ready. Your cousins and cousin in law are already having their breakfast together. They are looking for you”

 

Kyuhyun nods weakly. His eyes are still fixed on the bunny key ring at the doorknob.

 

“I’ll be right there”

 

Kyuhyun told his nanny. She bows at him and starts walking away.

 

“Nanny…”

 

Kyuhyun’s nanny stops walking. She turns around to look at Kyuhyun.

 

“Yes young master?”

 

“Who owns the bunny key ring?”

 

Kyuhyun asks though he already has an idea who really owns the bunny key ring that was hanging at the doorknob.

 

“It’s young lady’s key ring. She ask her nanny to hang it there, so she’ll know that it was your room”

 

Kyuhyun’s nanny explains. She notices the tears that are forming in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“Nanny…”

 

Kyuhyun looks at his nanny with teary eyes.

 

“I’m already late, right?”

 

“Young master?”

 

“I hurt her and I know that she hate me for everything that I did to her. I’m the perfect loser and I ruin everything. I made her cry and bring too much pain and sufferings into her life. I’m the worst person. I hurt mom, dad and my wife because of my selfishness and hatred in my heart. I regret everything and I hate myself because I become like this”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his nanny sadly, controlling his tears from falling.

 

“It’s too late to say sorry and it’s too late to regret. My wife already left me and she doesn’t want to go back here because of me. I don’t know if I can still fix everything. Maybe I’ll lose my wife forever because what I did to her is unforgivable”

 

Kyuhyun told his nanny sadly. He drops his head and starts walking slowly, thinking about Sungmin. He can’t help but to worry about her, knowing that she’s living alone in her apartment. Kyuhyun was thinking if Sungmin is fine, if she already eat her breakfast and thinking what his wife is doing at that moment.

 

“Young master…”

 

Kyuhyun stops walking and looks at his nanny. She smiles at him.

 

“There’s always room for second chance, so don’t ever lose it and young lady is not the kind of person who hold grudge”

 

Kyuhyun’s nanny told him. Kyuhyun nods at her and went downstairs. He went inside the dining room to join Siwon, Tiffany and Jessica for breakfast. They just look at Kyuhyun as he sits down on the chair and starts eating his breakfast quietly.

 

“Ah…”

 

Siwon coughs to break the silence. He looks at his wife.

 

“What time are you going to visit Min in her apartment?”

 

Siwon asks Tiffany. Kyuhyun looks at his cousin, waiting for her answer.

 

“Well, Jess and I agree that we’re going at Minnie’s apartment after breakfast. We still need to drop by at the grocery store to buy foods for Minnie”

 

Tiffany told her husband.

 

“We’re also planning to bring her at a Neurologist. Aunt called me awhile ago, informing me that they just arrive in Sydney. She was looking for Min sweetheart”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened upon hearing Jessica.

 

“What did you tell her? You didn’t tell aunt what happen yesterday, right?”

 

Tiffany asks Jessica nervously. Jessica shook her head.

 

“I lie to her. I told her that Min is still sleeping. She told me if we can accompany Min to a Neurologist to know the reason why she can’t sleep at night. I told her that we’re going to a Neurologist after your check-up to your OB”

 

Jessica explains. She looks at Kyuhyun who remains quiet while eating his breakfast.

 

“Jess…”

 

Jessica looks at Tiffany.

 

“Yes Fany?”

 

“I was wondering if we can go out with Minnie today and have a girl bonding with her. Do you think she’ll go with us?”

 

“That’s a good idea Fany. But I just don’t know if she will go with us. I bet we’re going to have a hard time bringing her to a Neurologist later since she’s too afraid to go out and visit a doctor. All she wants is to lock herself in her apartment and be alone”

 

Jessica told Tiffany sadly.

 

“I can go with you later”

 

Kyuhyun told them. Siwon, Tiffany and Jessica look at him.

 

“I’m going to fetch my wife. I’m going with you later. I’m also worried about her”

 

Jessica flashes a sarcastic smile upon hearing her cousin.

 

“Worried? Since when did that thing happen huh Cho Kyuhyun? If you’re worried about her then you wouldn’t do such terrible thing to her. You just made her life miserable and now you’re telling us that you’re worried about her? What the ing hell is that?”

 

Jessica asks Kyuhyun angrily.

 

“I need to see her. We need to talk”

 

“What for? Min doesn’t need your explanation”

 

“I need to fetch her and I need to make sure that she’s fine. I’m her husband”

 

“SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME A HUSBAND TO HER?”

 

Tiffany and Jessica shout angrily. Kyuhyun stares at them sadly.

 

“I know that I’m the worst husband and I really hurt my wife that much. But I’m already regretting everything. I know that she won’t forgive me and she will just push me away from her life, but I’m really worried about her. I want to see her. I want to know her condition. So please, let me go with you and let me see my wife”

 

Kyuhyun’s tears start forming in his eyes.

 

“I need to fetch her. She needs to stay here, so I can take care of her. Please let me do it for her. Let me correct everything”

 

Tiffany and Jessica look at each other.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu, but Min doesn’t want to see you. Please, she’s having a hard time because of you. Just let her be alone for the meantime and be away from you for the meantime. She needs that. She needs time to heal her broken heart and she needs to do that away from you”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun.

 

“Take the consequence of your selfishness. You hurt her so badly, so don’t expect her to go back”

 

Tiffany told her cousin. She wipes her lips with the table napkin and stands up.

 

“I’ll just go upstairs Jess. Just call me when we’re already leaving”

 

Tiffany told Jessica.

 

“Drive safely honey”

 

Tiffany kissed Siwon’s lips before leaving the dining room. Jessica stands up.

 

“I need to talk to the chef and check if he’s done preparing the breakfast that we’re going to bring for Min”

 

Jessica looks at Kyuhyun before leaving. Siwon sighs.

 

“It’s Min’s decision. Please respect it. Don’t worry because time heals all wound”

 

Siwon pats Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

“I’m going now”

 

Siwon stands up and leaves the dining room, leaving Kyuhyun alone.

 

~~~

 

*CHO INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF COMPANIES*

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was having a meeting inside the conference room 4 with the Vice-President of their company, Senior Executives, other CEOs, Board Members and Mr. Kim; one of his father’s business partners. They were discussing about the company’s expansion at New York, but Kyuhyun is not listening. He’s busy thinking about his wife, worrying about her. He was thinking so deeply on how to bring Sungmin back at the mansion when he heard someone calling him.

 

“Mr. Cho!”

 

Mr. Kim calls Kyuhyun’s attention. Kyuhyun looks at him.

 

“What do you think about the plan for the expansion of Cho International Group of Companies at New York? Do you think that one billion contract is enough? What do you think about the company’s partnership to O3 Telecommunication Company Ltd.?”

 

Mr. Kim asks Kyuhyun upon noticing him spacing out. Kyuhyun just shook his head because he doesn’t know exactly what they are talking about since he’s not even listening at the meeting. All eyes are focused upon Kyuhyun.

 

“Mr. Cho”

 

Mr. Kim stares at Kyuhyun seriously.

 

“We’re having a meeting here. But you’re busy spacing out? What the hell are you thinking?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head again. Mr. Kim slams his hands on the table.

 

“Let me remind you Mr. Cho Kyuhyun that we’re talking about the company here and you will be the next President of this company and you should know your duties and responsibilities as a President. You supposed to be listening and not spacing out!”

 

Mr. Kim told Kyuhyun angrily. The Vice-President nods his head, agreeing to Mr. Kim.

 

“I really don’t understand why Mr. Cho wants you to be the next President of this company. Well, what can we say? Of course we can’t complain because you’re his son. We should follow whether we like it or not because you’re his son. You will be the next President even though you’re incompetent or should I say stupid? I really don’t know what will be the future of Cho International Group of Companies when you become the President of this company”

 

The Vice-President told Kyuhyun with a smirk on his lips. Kyuhyun stands up and walks away.

 

“Where are you going Mr. Cho? The meeting is not yet finish!”

 

Kyuhyun looks at Mr. Kim.

 

“Then it should be dismissed. You need to follow because I’m the President. Let’s just resume it later in the afternoon. 4PM”

 

Kyuhyun told them before leaving.

 

“Damn it! How can they insult me like that? Aish! This is all Mr. Cho’s fault. He supposed to finish his work before going on a vacation with his wife. Aish!”

 

Kyuhyun went inside his elevator. He gets his mobile phone in his pocket and calls Jessica.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

“How’s my wife?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly.

 

“Thanks to you, she doesn’t want to see us as well. She doesn’t want to open the door and told us to leave her alone. She’s too scared to go out and talk to someone related to you. See what you did huh? She’s also afraid of us because of you. Aish!”

 

Kyuhyun’s heart ache knowing that Sungmin is still afraid of him and she’s having a hard time because of him.

 

“Just give me her address and I’m the one who will talk to her. It’s my fault, so I’m the one who needs to fix it”

 

“Of course you’re right . You’re the one who really needs to fix it. But tell me Kyu, how can you fix the damage that you brought into her life when it’s already late for you to realize your ing mistake?”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun before hanging up.

 

“I hope my secretary manages to get my wife’s address”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He takes a deep breath and went out of his elevator. Kyuhyun walks at the hallway as the employees bow at him. Kyuhyun just nods at them and went inside a room.

 

“Onew”

 

Kyuhyun calls his secretary’s attention who is busy typing on the computer. Onew raised his head and looks at his boss who walks towards his desk.

 

“Mr. Cho, there’s a girl inside your office”

 

Onew told Kyuhyun nervously. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

 

“Girl?”

 

Onew nods.

 

“She’s the girl who always visits you here. I’m not the one who let her in. I’m just shock to see her inside your office when I arrive here after going at Incheon to bring the documents that you ask me to give to Mr. Kang. I told her that you’re…”

 

Kyuhyun raised his hand to stop his secretary from talking. Onew gulps nervously. He feels a little bit nervous because Kyuhyun strictly told him not to let someone inside his office even if it’s Seohyun or his friends.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Cho. I forgot to lock the door that’s why she manages to enter while I’m not here”

 

Onew told Kyuhyun nervously, waiting for him to burst in anger.

 

“I will forgive you if…”

 

Onew gulps because of Kyuhyun’s serious glare.

 

“If you can give me my wife’s address. I told you to research on that, right?”

 

Onew nods at Kyuhyun.

 

“Did you do it?”

 

“Yes Mr. Cho”

 

“Did you found it?”

 

Onew smiles at Kyuhyun. He opens his planner and get a piece of paper and gives it to Kyuhyun.

 

“That’s the address Mr. Cho. Your wife’s apartment is at the 2nd floor, the last apartment”

 

Kyuhyun nods at Onew while staring at the paper that Onew gave him.

 

“So, am I forgiven?”

 

Onew asks innocently. Kyuhyun nods at him. He folds the paper and puts it inside his pocket.

 

“Good job”

 

Kyuhyun smiles at Onew and gives him thumbs up before going inside his office. He looks at Seohyun who is sitting on his chair while busy staring at her compact mirror, putting make-up on her face.

 

“Since when did my office become a beauty salon?”

 

Seohyun stops applying make-up on her face and stares at the owner of the voice.

 

“Hi Kyu”

 

Seohyun smiles brightly while staring at Kyuhyun who is standing at the doorway, looking at her.

 

“What are you doing here? I didn’t remember inviting you”

 

Kyuhyun told Seohyun, making her frown.

 

“I thought we’re going to see each other today?”

 

Seohyun told Kyuhyun. She pouts at him. Kyuhyun walks towards his desk and looks at Seohyun who starts putting make-up on her face again. Kyuhyun admits to his self that Sungmin is more beautiful than Seohyun and to any other girls that he met and slept with. Kyuhyun grabs his backpack on his desk and wears it.

 

“You can leave my office when you’re done putting make-up on your y face”

 

Kyuhyun told Seohyun who looks at him while frowning.

 

“Yah! Where are you going? I thought we’re going out today?”

 

Seohyun asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I’m already tired seeing your face. I need to go somewhere. Stop disturbing me because I don’t have time to spend for a like you. I rather spend my time with my wife than to a girl like you”

 

Kyuhyun told Seohyun. He grabs his car key and went out of his office, leaving Seohyun speechless and confused of Kyuhyun’s sudden coldness towards her.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin was sitting at the corner, hugging her knees. She feels so alone and she’s crying again.

 

“Umma…Appa…please help me to understand my husband. I know that I need to be with him all the time because the wife should always be by her husband’s side. But I’m scared of him. I’m so scared of him because he wants his friends to me. He wants to share me to his friends and he just let them play on me”

 

Sungmin starts sobbing hard.

 

“It’s ok if he hurts me physically. I can take all of it, but…but…but…”

 

Sungmin covers her ears.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi, please help me. I’m so scared. Where are you? Why do I need to be alone? Why do you need to hurt me like this when all I did is to understand and love you? What did I do wrong? I didn’t hurt you, right? I didn’t do that”

 

Sungmin buries her beautiful face on her knees. Sungmin’s heart starts jumping when she heard a knock on the door, but Sungmin didn’t open it because she doesn’t want to talk to someone since she thinks that all the people will just hurt her and make fun of her because of her condition.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR LEE SUNGMIN! I KNOW THAT YOU’RE INSIDE ! DON’T HIDE FROM ME!”

 

Sungmin heard the landlord shouting angrily. She starts feeling so scared when the landlord bangs the door so loud, trying to open it.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi…”

 

Sungmin calls out Kyuhyun’s name; feeling so scared as the landlord continues banging the door so loud.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR!!!”

 

The landlord shouts angrily. Sungmin shook her head and presses her palms tightly against her ears, hoping not to hear the loud bang on the door and the landlord’s angry voice.

 

“Please stop. Don’t hurt me. Please leave me alone. I’m scared, please stop it. Kyuhyun-shi, please help me. Where are you? Please help me…help me”

 

Sungmin whispers. Her world suddenly stops when she heard the door opens. Her heart starts beating so fast when she heard footsteps, someone is walking towards her. Sungmin can sense that she’s in danger again.

 

“There you are!”

 

The landlord stands in front of Sungmin who is sitting at the corner, feeling so scared while sobbing.

 

“Please don’t hurt me”

 

Sungmin whispers.

 

“You’re always making it hard for me you blind ! STAND UP!”

 

The landlors harshly pulls Sungmin up.

 

“YOU NEED TO PAY YOUR RENT NOW! AISH! YOU’RE NOT PAYING IT FOR ALMOST FIVE MONTHS!”

 

The landlord shouts angrily. Sungmin’s hand starts trembling because of fear.

 

“Ahjusshi…please…please…I’m…”

 

Sungmin’s voice trembles. She’s so scared on that moment and she don’t know what to do.

 

“Please, I’m begging you Ahjusshi. Please give me some more days to pay my debts”

 

“I ALREADY GIVE YOU A LOT OF TIME TO LOOK FOR MONEY SO YOU CAN PAY ME! YOU NEED TO PAY NOW IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO SEND YOU AWAY!”

 

Sungmin shook her head. She slowly kneels in front of the landlord to beg him.

 

“Ahjusshi…”

 

Tears keep on falling from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“I’m begging you again. Please give me some more time to look for money. I promise that I’m going to pay you. I just need to look for a job, so I can pay you. Please Ahjusshi”

 

Sungmin begs. The landlord laughs at her.

 

“Are you ing kidding me?”

 

The landlord smirks. He grabs Sungmin’s arm and pulls her up violently.

 

“Ahjusshi, please don’t hurt me”

 

Sungmin begs while sobbing. The landlord holds Sungmin’s chin tightly and stares at her seriously.

 

“ARE YOU MAKING ME LAUGH OR WHAT?”

 

The landlord shouts.

 

“You’re going to look for a job, so you can pay me? Do you think you can fool me huh? Who will hire an uneducated blind like you huh? I NEED YOU TO PAY ME NOW!”

 

The landlord saw Sungmin’s diamond necklace; it was the necklace that Mr. Cho gave her on her wedding day.

 

“I think I’ll just have this instead”

 

The landlord pulls the necklace away from Sungmin’s neck.

 

“No! Please give it back to me. My father in law gave that to me. Please”

 

“NO! This is mine now since you can’t pay your debts to me then I shall get this precious diamond necklace of yours”

 

The landlord pushes Sungmin on the floor.

 

“Ahjusshi, please give it back to me”

 

“No! It’s mine now ! Come to think of it…”

 

The landlord stares at the diamond necklace closely.

 

“This looks expensive”

 

“Ahjusshi…”

 

Sungmin holds on to the wall as she slowly stands up.

 

“Please give it back to me”

 

Sungmin reaches her hand out.

 

“Please”

 

Sungmin pleaded. The landlord pulls her closer to him. He holds Sungmin’s chin tightly.

 

“I’m going to give it back to you if…”

 

The landlord stares at Sungmin with ert glare.

 

“I never knew that you’re such a pretty , so innocent”

 

  The landlord whispers. Sungmin manages to escape from him.

 

“Please don’t hurt me. Don’t touch me, please”

 

Sungmin starts stepping backward, feeling so scared.

 

“Don’t worry blind girl. I’ll be gentle to you and I promise that I’m going to give you back your necklace. You just need to satisfy my pleasure honey”

 

The landlord told Sungmin as he slowly walks towards her. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Ahjusshi, please don’t go near me…leave me alone…please don’t…don’t…don’t hurt me”

 

Sungmin’s voice starts trembling. Her tears keep on falling from her eyes. She’s feeling so lost and she just doesn’t know what to do to escape from the danger.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi”

 

Sungmin whispers, calling out her husband’s name again. She can feel her knees trembling and she just wants to collapse and die on that moment.

 

“Umma…Appa, please help me”

 

Sungmin whispers as she continues to step backwards, hoping that she can find her way out and escape to the landlord.

 

“Ahjusshi…”

 

Sungmin’s back bumps onto the wall.

 

“Oops! Nowhere to go now huh?”

 

The landlord flashes a ert smile.

 

“I told you honey. Don’t be scared”

 

The landlord cups Sungmin’s beautiful face. He can feel Sungmin trembling because of fear and sobbing.

 

“Don’t hurt me…I’m begging you”

 

Sungmin pleaded. Her heart keeps on beating so fast and she can feel that she will pass out any minute. Her body is trembling and she’s really scared and helpless on that moment as she remembers that cruel incident when Kyuhyun let his friends touch her, rip her clothes and play on her like a toy. The landlord brushes his fingers on Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

 

“Shhh, I’ll be gentle honey. That’s a promise, so don’t be scared. I’ll make it fast”

 

“Ahjusshi, please let me go. I’m begging you”

 

The landlord slaps Sungmin.

 

“I’m going to do whatever I want to do!”

 

The landlord starts kissing Sungmin’s lips. She manages to push him away, but the landlord caught her arm and holds it tightly, so she can’t escape.

 

“Where do you think you’re going huh? Do you think you can escape from me? Hell no!”

 

The landlord pushes Sungmin hard on the floor. Sungmin slowly crawls on the floor. Her body is aching, especially her injured ankle and she’s feeling so weak.

 

“Help me…please…Umma…Appa…please help me”

 

Sungmin whispers.

 

“Nobody will help you ! I’m going to give you a good that you will never forget!”

 

The landlord sat down on his heels. He grabs Sungmin’s hair, pulling her head up.

 

“I told you honey. You can never escape from me”

 

The landlord whispers. He pushes Sungmin and lay on top of her.

 

“Please stop…HELP ME! PLEASE SOMEONE HE—“

 

The landlord covers Sungmin’s mouth with his hand to stop her from shouting. Sungmin struggles so hard to escape, but the landlord is too strong for her. Her tears keep on falling at the corner of her eyes as she feels the landlord’s mouth exploring her body, kissing and her neck down to her collarbone. Sungmin feels so weak and helpless and all she wants on that moment is to die. Sungmin was about to close her eyes when she heard a familiar footsteps.

 

“What the ing hell are you doing to my wife? LET GO OF HER!”

 

Sungmin heard Kyuhyun’s voice and the next thing that she knows is someone pulls the landlord away from her. She heard loud shouts, loud sounds as Kyuhyun pushes the landlord hard on the floor, causing him to hit his self on a table. The vase on top of it falls on the floor.

 

“!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. He pulls the landlord up. He holds his collar and starts punching his face because of anger for hurting Sungmin and trying to her.

 

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts as he continues to punch the landlord’s face angrily. Sungmin crawls at the corner. She sits down and covers her ears as she starts crying hard, feeling so scared.

 

“Please stop…stop…stop…stop…please…I’m so scared…just stop now…please”

 

Kyuhyun heard his wife’s scared voice. He punches the landlord’s face for the last time. Blood keeps on running down from the landlord’s nose and mouth. Kyuhyun shoot him a deadly glare.

 

“Leave now before I kill you!”

 

Kyuhyun told the landlord angrily. He covers the landlord’s mouth and breaks his left hand because of too much anger.

 

“Leave now and don’t you ever open your mouth to scream because of pain or else I’ll break your other hand! Leave quietly !”

 

Kyuhyun told the landlord who nods at him, feeling so scared. He bites his lower lip to avoid screaming when Kyuhyun finally let go of him. The landlord quickly leaves Sungmin’s apartment when Kyuhyun shoots him a deadly glare. Kyuhyun turns around and found Sungmin sitting at the corner. Her body is trembling because of too much fear and sobbing so hard. Her hands are still pressed tightly on her ears.

 

“Stop…please…stop”

 

Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun walks towards her. He stands in front of his wife and slowly sits on his heels. Kyuhyun slowly touches his wife’s arm. Sungmin starts to panic when she feels warm hand touching her.

 

“LET ME GO! PLEASE DON’T TOUCH ME! PLEASE! STOP! DON’R HURT ME! PLEASE! STOP! STOP! STOP IT!”

 

Sungmin shouts with great fear on her voice. Kyuhyun let go of her.

 

“Shhh…Sungmin-shi, don’t be scared. Nobody will hurt you now. I send the bad guy away. This is Kyuhyun, your husband. Stop crying. You’re safe now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, trying to calm her. Sungmin didn’t stop crying. She shook her head as she keeps on trembling.

 

“Don’t touch me…please leave me alone. I’m begging you, please don’t hurt me…please don’t hurt me. I’m so scared…leave me alone…stop hurting me”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. Her voice is too shaky because of crying and because she’s afraid of her husband. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I’m not going to hurt you. I’m here to fetch you. Let’s go home now”

 

Sungmin shook her head. Kyuhyun can feel his wife’s fear just by staring at her eyes.

 

“I don’t want to go home with you. Please leave me now. I’m not coming with you. You’re just going to hurt me. You’re just going to give me to your friends and let them play on me like a toy…I’m so scared…don’t hurt me, please…don’t hurt me…just leave me alone…you don’t love me…I don’t want to go with you…you’re just going to hurt me…please”

 

Kyuhyun’s tears start forming in his eyes because of hearing his wife. He can’t help but to blame his self for everything. Sungmin is afraid because of him and she’s hurt and having a hard time. It’s all because of him. She’s crying because he hurts her so much and breaks her heart into pieces. Kyuhyun feels so guilty for what he did to his wife. He hates his self so much for making an innocent girl’s life terrible and for hurting the girl that he love.

 

“Please don’t hurt me…just leave me alone, please…don’t hurt me”

 

Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun stares at his wife sadly. She was trembling so hard. Her beautiful face and her body is full of bruises and her lower lip is bleeding. Her right ankle is still injured and her innocent eyes are full of fear, pain, suffering and sorrow.

 

“Sungmin-shi…”

 

Kyuhyun wants to hug her to take away her fear and he wants to wipe those tears that keep on falling from her eyes.

 

“Don’t hurt me…please don’t hu—“

 

Sungmin passes out.

 

“Sungmin-shi”

 

Kyuhyun holds his wife on his arms.

 

“Sungmin-shi”

 

Kyuhyun starts to worry upon seeing Sungmin’s pale face. He holds her forehead. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“Aigoo! She’s burning. I need to bring her to a doctor”

 

Kyuhyun carries Sungmin on his arms and looks at her with worried face.

 

“I’m sorry for everything. I know that it’s too late for me to apologize and regret everything that I did to you and you will never forgive me. But please, I hope you can give me another chance to be a good husband for you and to correct all the mistakes that I’ve done. I’m so sorry. I love you”

 

Kyuhyun told his unconscious wife. He carefully stands up, carrying Sungmin carefully on his arms. Kyuhyun quickly leaves the apartment to bring his wife at the hospital.

 

~~~

 

*ST. MARY’S HOSPITAL*

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was talking to the doctor inside his clinic.

 

“How’s my wife?”

 

Kyuhyun asks the doctor worriedly. The doctor takes a deep breath and looks at Kyuhyun sadly.

 

“Your wife is still on shock. She’s emotionally and mentally depressed. She’s not yet eating anything since yesterday night and she has a high fever. But you don’t need to worry Mr. Cho because we already gave her an IV and injected some medicine for her fever. You can bring her home later”

 

The doctor explains to Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m concern about the bruises on her body and face. It’s not normal bruises that a person can get just by falling or hitting herself somewhere”

 

The doctor sighs.

 

“Mr. Cho, I don’t want to meddle on your married life as husband and wife. But, are you hurting your wife physically?”

 

The doctor asks curiously. Kyuhyun didn’t answer.

 

“Mr. Cho”

 

The doctor takes a deep breath.

 

“Please don’t misunderstand me. I know that I don’t have the right to meddle on your business with your wife. But I’m just concern about her. Whatever problems that you and your wife are encountering right now in your married life, hurting her physically, emotionally and mentally is not a good option. You van be put in jail for abusing your wife and I know that you know what I’m talking about”

 

The doctor rubs his forehead.

 

“Your wife is having a hard time because she’s blind and that condition is the reason why she’s having an inferiority complex and it’s making her depressed emotionally and a bit mentally. You’re just making her situation even worst every time that you’re going to hurt her. She’s still in shock, so please don’t ever leave her alone because she might think of stupid things that can hurt her. Please always make sure that there is somebody who will watch over her all the time”

 

The doctor explains to Kyuhyun.

 

“What am I going to do to help her feel secure and safe again? She’s actually scared of me. She doesn’t even want to hear my voice because she’s too afraid of me. She always thinks that I’m going to hurt her and that she’s in danger every time that I’m around her”

 

Kyuhyun told the doctor, controlling his tears from falling. The doctor stares at Kyuhyun’s sad eyes.

 

“If that’s the case then you should avoid her for the meantime until she’s ready to talk to you, hear your voice and to be with you again”

 

“But doctor…”

 

The doctor raises his hand to stop Kyuhyun from talking.

 

“You need to cooperate Mr. Cho. This is for your wife. Please give her enough time to think and take away the fear in her heart. Just do it for her”

 

Kyuhyun nods at the doctor.

 

“Can I bring her home now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. The doctor nods and gives him the prescription of all the medicines that Sungmin needs to take and the instruction on what time should Sungmin take the medicines.

 

“You can bring her to a Neurologist is she’s no longer have a fever. She needs to rest a lot and eat a lot, so she can recover soon”

 

“Doctor…”

 

“Yes Mr. Cho?”

 

Kyuhyun looks at the doctor.

 

“Do you know a doctor who can check my wife’s eyes?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. The doctor nods at Kyuhyun. He opens his drawer and hand Kyuhyun a calling card.


“Doctor Lee’s clinic schedule is every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8AM-4PM. She’s also here every Saturdays, but it’s by appointment. You can bring your wife to her. She’s a very good doctor for the eyes. Anything else?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and stands up.

 

“Thanks a lot doctor”

 

The doctor nods. Kyuhyun bows at him and went out of the clinic. Kyuhyun goes back at the hospital. He went at room 515. He slowly walks towards Sungmin who is still sleeping on the hospital bed. Kyuhyun carefully sits on the lounger beside the bed, avoiding making some noise that can wake his wife. Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hand and softly kisses it. He looks at her sadly.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m the worst husband and I hurt you so much. I’m sorry Sungmin-shi. I hope you can forgive me. You’re safe now and I promise that I’m not going to hurt you again. I love you. Let’s go home now, arasso?”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hand tightly and carefully places it on his cheek.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He closes his eyes as hot tears slowly falls from his eyes.

 

~~~

 


“OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPEN?”

 

Tiffany and Jessica ask Kyuhyun worriedly as they follow him inside Sungmin’s room. Kyuhyun carefully lay down Sungmin on the bed. He looks at her sadly and covers her body with blanket. Sungmin is still sleeping. She’s not yet waking up ever since she passed out in her apartment.

 

“What happen Kyu?”

 

Jessica asks her cousin while staring at Sungmin worriedly.

 

“It’s a long story Jess. But it’s good that I arrive at her apartment on time or else she’ll be by an Ahjusshi”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Tiffany and Jessica shout with wide eyes open.

 

“Shhh, you’re going to wake her. I bring her at the hospital…”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his cousins sadly.

 

“The doctor told me that she’s still in shock, maybe because of what happen yesterday and awhile ago”

 

Kyuhyun told them sadly. Tiffany and Jessica notice Kyuhyun’s sad and teary eyes.

 

“Please watch over her. I need to go back at Cho International Group of Companies. I still have meeting and paper works to finish. I’ll be home early. I’ll be home before dinner, so please watch over my wife for the meantime”

 

Kyuhyun told them. He places the medicines that he bought on top of the side table.

 

“Don’t forget to give her medicines. She’s sick, so please take care of her while I’m away”

 

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin. He holds her hand and kisses it softly.

 

“I’ll be back soon. Rest well and eat a lot and please drink your medicines. I love you”

 

Tiffany and Jessica’s eyes widened upon hearing their cousin because they can’t believe Kyuhyun’s sudden gentleness towards Sungmin and the things that he just told her. Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin’s forehead and looks at his cousins who are staring at him blankly with wide eyes open.

 

“I’m going now. Please take care of my wife for the meantime”

 

Kyuhyun told them. He stares at Sungmin for the last time and quietly leaves the room. Tiffany and Jessica stare at each other, still with wide eyes open. They still can’t believe what they witness and heard.

 

“Is that really our cousin Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

Tiffany asks Jessica who nods her head.

 

“What happen to him? Did he eat something or what? Why is he acting so gentle and nice all of a sudden? Is he being possessed by unknown creature?”

 

Jessica asks, feeling a little bit confused.

 

“Maybe he’s feeling guilty or something. What do you think Jess?”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

“I don’t know. I’m also confused”

 

Jessica sighs.

 

“But no matter what happen to him, I hope he will remain like that and will become a better person and husband for our Min sweetheart”

 

Jessica told Tiffany. They nod at each other and stare at Sungmin sadly.

 

“Fany, I hope our Min sweetheart will be fine soon. It hurts to see her like that. She’s just an innocent girl who has a pure heart that never stops beating for Kyu and never stop on understanding and believing him. I hope everything will be alright”

 

Jessica told Tiffany while staring at Sungmin sadly, controlling her tears from falling. Tiffany sits beside Sungmin and starts her hair gently.

 

“Don’t worry Jess. I know that Minnie can overcome this because she’s a strong girl”

 

Tiffany looks at Jessica and smiles at her.

 

“Minnie will be fine soon because our Kyuhyun-ah will be there for her. I’m sure that he will help Minnie to heal all the wounds, pains, sorrows and sufferings in her heart. We just need to believe on him and it seems that Kyu is really sorry for everything that he did to his wife and for hurting her that much. I think Kyu is starting to change because of this angel”

 

Tiffany told Jessica happily before focusing her eyes back on Sungmin who is still sleeping. Jessica nods.

 

“I really hope that Kyu will become a better person not only for aunt and uncle, but for all of us. I also hope that her will also become a good husband for Min”

 

Jessica told Tiffany who nods her head.

 

“He will. I know he will because of his wife”

 

Tiffany told Jessica while Sungmin’s hair gently, watching her with a smile on her lips because of thinking about her cousin who is already changing a little because of Sungmin and for Tiffany, Sungmin will always be Kyuhyun’s angel. An angel that keeps on melting the devil’s heart that is harder than a stone and an angel who will change the devil’s perception about life, happiness and love.

 

~~~

 

Taeyeon was staring at her best friend who is so quiet while frowning so hard.

 

“Seohyun-ah”

 

Seohyun looks at Taeyeon.

 

“What’s up with your face? We notice you so quiet and just frowning the whole time ever since we arrive here at Boss Club”

 

Taeyeon told Seohyun. Changmin, Junsu and Minho all not their heads, agreeing to Taeyeon.

 

“Let me guess…”

 

Changmin flashes a teasing smile.

 

“You and Kyu fought, right?”

 

Charming asks curiously. Seohyun shook her head, still frowning like a lion.

 

“Then what happen if you and Kyu didn’t fight? Why are you like that? Why are you frowning like a lion huh?”

 

Changmin asks, controlling his self from laughing.

 

“YAH!”

 

Seohyun hits Changmin’s arm.

 

“I hate you!”

 

“Why? I’m just asking what happen to you. That’s all and there’s nothing wrong if I ask you. I’m concern you know because you and Kyu are my friends, right guys?”

 

Taeyeon, Minho and Junsu nod at Changmin. Seohyun sighs heavily and frowns even harder.

 

“Kyu is acting strange”

 

Seohyun told them.

 

“What do you mean by strange?”

 

Minho asks.

 

“He’s cold towards me awhile ago when I went at his office. We supposed to have a date today, but he cancels it. He told me that he will just spend his time with her wife than me. He even calls me !”

 

Seohyun told them while frowning so hard.

 

“By the way, since Seohyun mention that blind of Kyu. What happen about your plan yesterday? How was it playing with that ? Was it fun ing a blind girl?”

 

Taeyeon asks them before laughing softly. Changmin suddenly frowns.

 

“We fail to that . Kyu’s cousin and bastard cousin in law ruin everything. I was about to that when they arrive to save her. Aish! That girl will surely pay. I’m going to have revenge to her and to that . Aish!”

 

Changmin takes a deep breath. He takes a shot of Vodka to calm his self.

 

“By the way, where is Kyu? He’s supposed to be here by now”

 

Seohyun told them.

 

“We keep on calling him awhile ago, but he’s not answering any of it. He doesn’t even return the call”

 

“I knew it!”

 

Seohyun takes two shots of Vodka because of anger.

 

“He’s really spending his day with his blind . Aish!”

 

Seohyun’s anger is rising as she feels jealous thinking about Kyuhyun spending his time with Sungmin and not with her.

 

“That ing blind girl is ruining everything”

 

“Relax Seohyun-ah”

 

Junsu told Seohyun while gently patting her shoulder.

 

“Don’t think like that because Kyu is just doing it for our bet. Don’t forget that he needs to make that blind fall in love with him for him to be able to get you”

 

Junsu told Seohyun, reminding her about the bet.

 

“But I’m jealous! Aish! That girl will really get it. I’m really going to dig her grave and bury her alive. She will never win against me. I’m still better than her”

 

“Of course you are, since when did a blind person become better than people who can see?”

 

Taeyeon told her best friend. She and Seohyun laugh softly.

 

“Kyu will never love a woman like her. She’s poor, uneducated and blind. Stop being paranoid Seohyun-ah because Kyu is only yours and I’m sure of that. We all know that Kyu is just playing on that ing blind , so he can win our bet. I’m sure that Kyu doesn’t want to lose lots of money and of course he wants to have you and keep you. Stop being jealous ok?”

 

Seohyun nods while smiling.

 

“Don’t worry because Kyu will surely be here any minute. Minho is already calling him”

 

Changmin informs Seohyun. She looks at Minho who is holding his mobile phone, calling Kyuhyun. Minho flashes a fake smile at Seohyun because Kyuhyun’s mobile phone is already off.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin wake up from her slumber. She can feel that she’s lying on a soft surface. Her heart starts beating fast upon smelling the familiar lavender scent that her nanny used to spray inside her room at Cho Mansion. Sungmin’s eyes widened and she starts feeling nervous because she’s sure of one thing; she’s back at Cho Mansion. Tiffany and Jessica sigh in relief upon seeing Sungmin already awake.

 

“It’s good that you’re already awake. Jess and I are really worried about you”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin who slowly gets up and sits on the bed.

 

“How are you sweetheart?”

 

Jessica asks. She touches Sungmin’s forehead to check if she’s still burning. Sungmin immediately moves away from Jessica.

 

“Please don’t hurt me. I don’t want to stay here. Please get me out of here”

 

Sungmin told Jessica with great fear on her voice.

 

“Min…”

 

Jessica touches Sungmin, but she moves away, freaking out.

 

“Don’t touch me! I’m scared! Let me go, please”

 

Sungmin starts crying. She hugs her knees as she begins to tremble, feeling so scared and nervous.

 

“Why did you bring me here?”

 

Sungmin asks nervously. She starts shaking her head as tears keep on falling from her innocent eyes.

 

“I don’t want to be here. Kyuhyun-shi will hurt me…he will give me to his friends and…and..please..get me out of here before Kyuhyun-shi saw me. He will hurt me”

 

Sungmin told them. Jessica and Tiffany stare at her sadly.

 

“Min sweetheart, please calm down. Kyu is not here. Fany and I promise that you’ll be safe here and we promise not to let Kyu go near you”

 

“He will hurt me. I’m so scared. I told him to help me. I shout, but he didn’t help me. He let them touch me. He just watch them touch me. I’m so scared, please let me go. I don’t want to be here. Kyuhyun-shi will hurt me. He will hurt me”

 

Jessica hugs Sungmin to comfort her and to make her feel safe. But Sungmin pushes her away because of fear. She thinks that people will only hurt her like what Kyuhyun did.

 

“Don’t touch me! Please, don’t hurt me. I’m begging you…no”

 

Sungmin covers her ears.

 

“Min, Fany and I won’t hurt you. Please believe us”

 

Jessica told Sungmin, controlling her tears from falling. Her heart is aching because of seeing Sungmin like that. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Please leave me alone…I want to be alone…please, leave me alone”

 

“But Min…”

 

“I want to be alone…please”

 

Jessica and Tiffany stare at each other with teary eyes. Jessica sighs sadly.

 

“Arasso. Fany and I will go downstairs to prepare your dinner. We will be back later”

 

Jessica told Sungmin. She stands up. They look at Sungmin sadly and quietly went out of the room, leaving Sungmin alone.

 

“Umma…Appa…I’m going with you. Wait for me, arasso? The three of us will be together again…just wait for me. I’m going there”

 

Sungmin whispers. She stops crying and wipes her tears away.

 

“I’m going there now…wait for me”

 

Sungmin carefully gets off of the bed. She reaches her hand out and slowly runs it on top of the side table. Sungmin touches her little jar, but she just ignores it. She continues running her hands on the smooth surface, searching for something. Sungmin stops when her hands finally touch the thing that she’s looking for; it was the vase on top of the side table. Sungmin carefully picks it and holds it tightly. She slowly turns into her right side and starts walking, counting her steps. She holds on to the wall for support since she doesn’t have her long cane because Junsu breaks it.

 

“8…9…10”

 

Sungmin stops walking. She was facing a door. Sungmin runs her free hand on the door and found the doorknob. Sungmin opens it and went inside the bathroom. She locks the door and slowly walks towards the bathtub, counting her steps again. Sungmin stops walking when she bumps into something. She carefully kneels down and runs her free hand on the smooth surface of the bathtub. She covers the drainage and slowly runs her hand to look for the faucet. Sungmin found it and opens it. Cold water starts coming out from the faucet. Sungmin carefully stands up and drops the vase that she’s holding on the floor, causing it to breaks into pieces. She sits on her heels and runs her hand on the floor. Her hand starts bleeding as she touches the broken glasses. She picks one and stands up. Sungmin gets in the bathtub. Tears start falling from her eyes as she deeply slashes her wrist.

 

“Umma…Appa…wait for me”

 

Sungmin drops the broken glass on the water as blood starts coming out faster from her wrist. Sungmin lay down on the bathtub and olaces her bleeding wrist on the water.

 

“I’ll be there soon…we’re going to be together soon Umma and Appa. I’m not going to be alone anymore”

 

Sungmin whispers. Tears keep on falling from her eyes as the blood continues to come out faster. The clean water is slowly turning red.

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Kyuhyun arrives at home. He found Jessica and Tiffany talking and worrying about Sungmin while they stand at the stairway. He immediately walks towards them.

 

“Where is my wife?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“She wants to be alone because she’s scared. She thinks that we’re going to hurt her”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun.

 

“Who was with her?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Tiffany and Jessica shook their heads.

 

“No one. Jess and I leave her alone since she told us that she wants to be alone for the meantime”

 

Tiffany told Kyuhyun.

 

“WHAT?”

 

Kyuhyun shouts with wide eyes open.

 

“Why did you do that? It will be dangerous to leave her alone”

 

Kyuhyun told them and quickly run upstairs.

 

“Stay here Fany. I’ll follow Kyu”

 

Tiffany nods. Jessica quickly runs upstairs to follow Kyuhyun inside Sungmin’s room.

 

“Where is she?”

 

Kyuhyun asks nervously upon seeing Sungmin’s bed empty.

 

“Aigoo! Where did she go? She’s sitting on her bed awhile ago when Fany and I left her”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun.

 

“Shhhh”

 

Kyuhyun whispers as he hears a sound of running water that is coming inside the bathroom. He quickly runs towards the bathroom door.

 

“! It’s lock!”

 

Kyuhyun looks at Jessica

 

“Quick! Go get the duplicate key”

 

Jessica nods and quickly runs outside to look for the head maid and ask for the duplicate key of the bathroom inside Sungmin’s bedroom.

 

“Sungmin-shi, please open the door”

 

Kyuhyun knocks on the door. He starts feeling so nervous as he keeps on hearing the sound of the running water.

 

“Sungmin-shi, please open the door”

 

Kyuhyun starts banging the door, trying to open it. Kyuhyun stand sideways a few feet away from the door, with his right foot facing towards it. He takes a deep breath and gives the door a hard front kick. He kicks the area just below the doorknob. He keeps on doing it for three times and manages to open the door. Kyuhyun quickly went inside and was shock to see Sungmin lying on the bathtub, unconscious. Her blood keeps on drifting out from her wrist. Kyuhyun runs towards her and quickly get her out from the bathtub.

 

“Sungmin-shi…please”

 

Kyuhyun gently pats Sungmin’s cheek. Her face is already pale. Kyuhyun sits on the floor and carefully rests Sungmin’s head on his lap. He removes his backpack and her black suit. He found the hem of his white dress shirt. Kyuhyun rips it and tie it around Sungmin’s bleeding wrist, hoping that it will stop the blood from coming out. Kyuhyun grabs his suit and wraps it around Sungmin’s body. He holds her in his arms, hugging her.

 

“Sungmin-shi, please don’t die. Please live for me. I love you…please open your eyes”

 

Kyuhyun whispers as tears start forming in his eyes. He carefully stands up, carrying Sungmin on his arms. Jessica arrives with the head maid who is holding the duplicate key. Kyuhyun went out from the bathroom, carrying Sungmin.

 

“Please tell Ahjusshi to prepare the car. We’re going to bring Min at the hospital”

 

Jessica commanded the head maid who immediately runs outside to tell the family driver to prepare the limousine. Jessica runs towards Kyuhyun.

 

“She’s trying to kill herself. We need to bring her at the hospital. Please get my backpack inside the bathroom and follow me downstairs. Please hurry”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica and went out of the room. He went downstairs. Tiffany quickly walks towards Kyuhyun.

 

“Just stay here and wait for Siwon Hyung”

 

Tiffany nods as she stares at Sungmin worriedly.

 

“She will be fine, right?”

 

Tiffany asks worriedly. Kyuhyun nods. Jessica runs downstairs, holding Kyuhyun’s backpack.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

Kyuhyun went out, carrying Sungmin on his arms. He went inside the black limousine with Jessica.

 

“Jess, please call me”

 

Tiffany told Jessica before the driver closes the door. He quickly went inside the driver’s seat and drives the limousine away.

 

“I hope Minnie will be fine…please”

 

Tiffany whispers worriedly. She goes back inside the mansion to calls her husband and informs him what just happen.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun and Jessica arrive at the Cho Mansion after rushing Sungmin at the hospital. Siwon was the one who carries Sungmin upstairs since she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to touch her. She’s already afraid of him just by hearing his voice.

 

“How is she?”

 

Tiffany asks worriedly.

 

“She’s still in shock. It’s good that Kyu found her early or else she will die. We need to watch over her all the time. The doctor told us not to leave her alone to avoid this to happen again”

 

Jessica explains to Tiffany. She sits down beside her.

 

“I’m really worried about her Fany. I hope she can overcome this problem soon”

 

Jessica rests her head on Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

“I’m going up now. I need to talk to my wife”

 

Kyuhyun told them. Jessica shook her head.

 

“Kyu, will you please stop being insane? Don’t forget what the doctor told you. You need to stay away from Min for the meantime since she feels so afraid whenever you go near her and whenever she hears your voice”

 

Kyuhyun nods.

 

“I know Jess. I just want to apologize to her”

 

Kyuhyun told them sadly before running upstairs. Siwon came out of Sungmin’s room and closes the door gently. He saw Kyuhyun walking towards him.

 

“Is she sleeping already?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Siwon shook his head. He pats Kyuhyun’s shoulder before walking away sadly. Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and carefully went inside the room. He found Sungmin sitting on the bed, hugging her knees. Kyuhyun closes the door gently and walks towards Sungmin.

 

“Please don’t go near me. I’m scared of you. Leave me alone. Don’t hurt me”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun with pleading tone. She easily recognizes Kyuhyun because of the sound of his footsteps and mainly because of Kyuhyun’s lovely scent. Kyuhyun stares at his wife sadly. Sungmin is trembling again because of fear.

 

“I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to check if you’re fine. Please don’t do that again next time. Please don’t try to kill yourself again”

 

Kyuhyun was shock tp see tears falling from Sungmin’s innocent eyes. He feels so hurt seeing the girl he loves crying again. Kyuhyun wants to wipe those tears away, but he’s afraid that Sungmin might freak out when he touches her and he knows that he will only hurt Sungmin if he touches her.

 

“Why? Why did you save me?”

 

Sungmin asks as she shook her head.

 

“You’re not supposed to save me. You supposed to leave me and let me die. That’s what you want, right?”

 

Sungmin starts crying her heart out. Kyuhyun’s tears start forming in his eyes. He feels so hurt seeing Sungmin crying, in pain, suffering and lonely because of him. Kyuhyun’s heart is slowly breaking into pieces because of the tears that keep on falling from his wife’s eyes.

 

“I don’t want to live anymore, so why did you save me? I want to die. I want to be with Umma and Appa, so I won’t be alone anymore. It’s hard to be alone in the darkness. I’m so scared. I don’t want to live. Nobody loves me. Everyone hates me and hurts me. People will just make fun of me all the time because all I can see is darkness and they will never understand how to live like this, that’s why it’s easy for them to hurt me and make fun of me. You should have let me die. You should have let me be with Umma and Appa, so I won’t be alone anymore and nobody will hurt me again”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun whose tears start falling from his eyes.

 

“Sungmin-shi…”

 

Kyuhyun stops talking when Sungmin covers her ears.

 

“Please stop…don’t speak…I’m scared to hear your voice. Please leave me alone and don’t ever go near me again. Please leave me now. I’m begging you please…leave me alone…I’m scared of you…leave me alone…please”

 

Sungmin begs Kyuhyun. He stares at Sungmin sadly while tears keep on falling from his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I know that it’s already late to fix everything. I know that you will never forgive me. But I’m still going to wait. I’m sorry”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He wipes his tears away.

 

“I just want you to know that I save you because I need you in my life. So please…”

 

Kyuhyun’s tears start falling from hus eyes again.

 

“Please live for me because you’re the only one I’ve got and you’re the one who brings back the meaning into my life…so please, live for me…live for me because I love you”

 

Sungmin somehow feels a bit calm upon hearing Kyuhyun telling het those things.

 

“You need to take a rest now. Good night”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He drops his head and quietly leaves the room. Jessica who is waiting outside Sungmin’s room was shock to see Kyuhyun crying.

 

“What happen?”

 

Jessica asks with concern. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Please take care of her and don’t leave her alone”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica before walking away.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun went at the garden to catch some fresh air because he can’t sleep at that night. He was staring at the variegated tulips and white carnations while thinking about Sungmin when someone stands beside him.

 

“It’s already one in the morning. Why are you still awake young master?”

 

Kyuhyun looks at the owner of the voice. The gardener was staring at him worriedly.

 

“I can’t sleep Ahjusshi. How about you? Why are you still awake?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“I also can’t sleep. I decided to go here and look at the beauty of plants and flowers. I also decided to prepare all the things that young lady will need on planting her variegated tulips and white carnation. I need to prepare everything, so we can start planting when she’s already fine”

 

The gardener told Kyuhyun before looking at the variegated tulips and white carnations, staring at the flowers’ beauty.

 

“What’s bothering your mind young master?”

 

The gardener asks with concern on his voice. Kyuhyun’s tears start forming in his eyes.

 

“I’m wondering if I can still fix everything; my life, my relationship with my parents, my work, my wife and our married life”

 

Kyuhyun told the gardener sadly.

 

“Of course you can still fix it young master”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“But I’m already late Ahjusshi”

 

“Then start from the beginning. Time heals all wound. That’s why you need to start all over again and prove them that there is always room for forgiveness and second chance and that you deserve it. If you will give up and won’t do anything to fix the problem then it’s really late for you”

 

The gardener told Kyuhyun calmly.

 

“You’re the only one who can do it young master and of course I know that you can do it. As young lady told me once that you’re not a bad boy and I know that you’re not. Young lady is right when she told me that we just need to understand you more, just like what she keeps on doing even though you’re already hurting her”

 

“I’m the worst man and husband”

 

The gardener shook his head.

 

“Don’t say that young master. That’s not true because if you’re the worst man and husband then you wouldn’t save young lady. You wouldn’t love her and you wouldn’t shed tears for her. Nobody is perfect young master. Each of us commits mistake. But what matters most is we learn from it and I’m happy because I know that you learn from it”

 

Kyuhyun’s tears slowly falls down from his eyes as he stares at the flowers.

 

“I hope that my wife can forgive me and can still accept me into her life again”

 

Kyuhyun beats his chest.

 

“It’s so painful here Ahjusshi. My heart is breaking into pieces. It hurts me so much seeing my wife crying and suffering because of me. She’s innocent and she does nothing wrong. All she does is to understand me and believes on me. She’s not supposed to suffer like this. I’m the one who should be suffering and hurting right now and not her. She doesn’t deserve to get hurt. I’m the one who needs to suffer and not an innocent girl like her. It’s so painful Ahjusshi. I hate myself so much”

 

Kyuhyun kneels on the ground as he continues to cry.

 

“I’m so stupid to hurt the girl that I love”

 

Kyuhyun whispers, but loud enough for the gardener to hear. The gardener gets his scissors inside the pocket of his apron. He carefully cuts a variegated tulip and white carnation.

 

“Young master”

 

The gardener kneels down to have the same level to Kyuhyun who raises his head to look at the gardener who happily raises the variegated tulip and white carnation that he’s holding in front of Kyuhyun.

 

“The variegated tulip means that your eyes are beautiful and for young lady, tour eyes are really beautiful even though she hasn’t seen you at all. The white carnation means innocence and pure love. I believe that young lady’s love for you is really pure like her heart. Young lady wants to plant and take care of those flowers because she plans to give it to you when it finally grows because she always wants you to smile. She believes that we will all see your precious smile and hear your laughter again. She also believes that you will be happy again and the mansion will be filled with laughter and happiness just like before”

 

The gardener gives the flowers to Kyuhyun.

 

“Hurting someone is as easy as cutting tree within a moment. But making someone happy is like growing a tree. It takes a lot of time, effort, care and patience. I told you young master. It’s not yet late. You just need to start over and plant a new tree. But this time, you will not cut it anymore because I know that you will already take care of it and love it and of course don’t forget to water it”

 

The gardener wipes Kyuhyun’s tears away.

 

“Stop crying young master. You don’t want your wife to be sad and worry about you, don’t you? I know that young lady is still thinking about you and she’s still worried about and she still care even though she’s scared of you and doesn’t want you to go near her. Young lady love you so truly and purely and I’m sure about that. You just need to wait for her to be ready to accept you again in her life and that thing will surely happen soon because her heart is pure and her love for you is true and pure. When that day comes, you should take good care of her heart and don’t ever break it again because you’re so lucky that an angel like her only gives her heart to you”

 

The gardener smiles at Kyuhyun.

 

“You should take a rest now young master and don’t forget to smile for the girl you love most”

 

The gardener pats Kyuhyun’s cheek. He stands up and smiles brightly at Kyuhyun.

 

“Young master fighting!”

 

The gardener happily cheers for Kyuhyun before leaving the garden.

 

“Ahjusshi is right. I can still fix everything because my wife is there for me, to help me become a better person again”

 

Kyuhyun whispers while staring happily at the flowers that the gardener gave him.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun quietly went inside Sungmin’s room. He walks towards Jessica who is sleeping on the lounger.

 

“Jess, wake up”

 

Kyuhyun starts shaking his cousin, waking her. Jessica slowly opens her eyes.

 

“Kyu? What the hell are you doing here?”

 

Jessica asks.

 

“Shhh, don’t be noisy. You will wake my wife”

 

“Oops! Sorry”

 

Jessica holds her lips. Kyuhyun carefully places the flowers that the gardener gave him on top of the side table. He walks at the right side of Sungmin. Jessica stands up and stands beside her cousin.

 

“What’s with the box?”

 

Jessica asks while staring at the box that Kyuhyun was holding.

 

“I bought this awhile ago for Sungmin-shi. I really feel sorry and sad because my wife cried because Seohyun break her bell. I bought her a new one, but it’s different from the bell that my mother in law gave her”

 

Kyuhyun explains to Jessica. He opens the box.

 

“Wow! That was so beautiful. I’m sure that Min will like it”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun as she stares at the micro macramé bracelet with bells that Kyuhyun bought for Sungmin. The bracelet is just simple, yet very beautiful. It has smoky quartz, fiber optic beads, glass beads, hematite stars and little silver bells.

 

“I hope that she can see the world all the time and smile whenever she will hear the sound of the bells”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica. He gets the bracelet and gives the box to Jessica. Kyuhyun carefully puts the bracelet around Sungmin’s right wrist, avoiding waking her.

 

“She can always hear the soft sound of the bells wherever she will move her right hand”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica happily.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi”

 

Kyuhyun and Jessica heard Sungmin calling Kyuhyun in her sleep.

 

“This is the third time that I heard her calling you in her sleep”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun while staring at Sungmin sadly.

 

“Jess, can I ask a simple favor?”

 

Jessica looks at Kyuhyun and raises her hand, gesturing him not to speak.

 

“I get it Kyu. You don’t need to talk and explain”

 

“Please”

 

Kyuhyun flashes his puppy eyes. Jessica sighs and nods at him.

 

“Make sure that you will watch over her and will take care of her or else I’m really going to kick your face. Just give me a beep if she happens to wake up, so I can return here quickly. I’ll be back later at 6AM, arasso?”

 

Kyuhyun nods

 

“Thank you Jess”

 

Jessica smiles.

 

“I’ll go back in my room now. I’ll leave Min under your care”

 

Jessica pats Kyuhyun’s shoulder and quietly leaves the room. Kyuhyun looks at his wife.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi”

 

Sungmin is calling him again in her sleep.

 

“You’re really having a hard time. I’m so sorry”

 

Kyuhyun carefully sits beside Sungmin, avoiding waking her. He holds her right hand.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi”

 

“Shhhh…I’m here now. Don’t be afraid. You’re safe. No one will hurt you”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He wipes the tears that fall at the corner of Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“You’re still crying even though you’re already asleep. I’m sorry”

 

Kyuhyun starts Sungmin’s hair gently.

 

“I won’t hurt you again. From now on, I’m going to take care of you, make you smile and happy and love you more each day. You’re not going to be alone anymore because I’m here for you. I will make the dark bright for you. Rest well. Sleep tight. You’re safe. No one will hurt you again. I love you Sungmin-shi”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s forehead. He starts singing a sweet lullaby while watching Sungmin sleep. He wraps his left hand around Sungmin, holding her close to him while his right hand was holding Sungmin’s right hand tightly, holding it onto his heart.