LOVE IS NOT BLIND (Chapter 29)

LOVE IS NOT BLIND

Chapter 29

 

 

Kyuhyun go downstairs to look for his mother.

 

“Good morning young master”

 

The head maid greets Kyuhyun with a smile on her face as she bows her head to him.

 

“Where is mom?”

 

Kyuhyun asks the head maid.

 

“Ma’am is eating breakfast with young lady Jessica inside the greenhouse”

 

The head maid informs Kyuhyun.

 

“Thanks”

 

Kyuhyun told the head maid before walking away. He went out of the mansion and starts walking around.

 

“Aish! Why do they need to eat inside the greenhouse?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, feeling a bit irritated because he needs to walk far just to get to the greenhouse and he’s in a hurry because he will have a meeting with Seulgi and Jonghyun at Sheraton Incheon Hotel. Kyuhyun sighs as he finally arrives at the greenhouse. He went inside and saw his mother and Jessica having a peaceful breakfast together.

 

“Good morning Kyu”

 

Jessica greets her cousin happily upon seeing him. Kyuhyun grabs a chair and sit down. Mrs. Cho looks at her son who is already on his corporate attire.

 

“You have work today?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks curiously. Kyuhyun nods. He gets an empty cup and a saucer on the tray. He puts the saucer on top of the wooden table and puts the empty cup on it. Kyuhyun gets the teapot and gently pours a warm tea in his cup.

 

“I need to go to work today. I have a lot of things to do and I have a lot of important meetings”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother before carefully taking a sip on his warm cup of Earl Grey tea.

 

“Sweetheart, today is your wife’s birthday party”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son, reminding him. Kyuhyun nods.

 

“I know. I’ll be there in the party. But I really need to go to work today. I’ll just leave the final preparation to you, to Jess and Nicole”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother. Mrs. Cho frowns at her son.

 

“I think you’re being too much”

 

Mrs. Cho told Kyuhyun who stares at her. Kyuhyun notice his mother frowning at him.

 

“Why are you frowning at me? I’m not doing anything mom and what do you mean by I’m being too much?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho sighs.

 

“You’re forgetting what your dad told you”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son with a little disappointment in her voice. Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“Mom, I can’t leave the company. I have a lot of things to do and Min knows that. She’s just being a brat. Just stop spoiling her, so she won’t act like that”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother, frowning at her.

 

“She only needs your time. She told me that you just keep on working when you guys are in New York and you even leave her alone in your hotel. Kyu, I know that work is important. But please, Minnie is your wife. She also needs you. Today is her birthday party. Why don’t you just spend this whole day with her? There’s always time for work”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son, feeling upset because Kyuhyun is always busy with his work. He’s already exchanging his time for his wife to his work. Ever since Kyuhyun and Sungmin arrive from New York, the only thing that Kyuhyun did is to work nonstop. He always leaves early and he always goes home so late. He and Sungmin can no longer talk to each other and have a husband and wife bonding. He loses his time to his wife because of being too busy and Sungmin really feels sad about it. She and Kyuhyun end up fighting yesterday because of it. Kyuhyun promise that he will go home early to join his wife in dinner, but he fails to fulfill his promise. He didn’t go home early because he needs to go in Busan with Seulgi for an emergency meeting with their other business partners and they attend a business conference after the meeting. They decided to have dinner after the conference because Kyuhyun is already hungry and he doesn’t have any energy to drive back to Seoul, so he just decided to eat dinner with Seulgi before he drives back in Seoul and go home.

 

“She waits for you yesterday. She didn’t eat her dinner because she’s waiting for you and that’s because you promise her that you will go home early to join her in dinner. But what time did you arrive? Two in the morning and you even throw a fight with your wife. I can’t believe you sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Cho told Kyuhyun as she shook her head sadly.

 

“It’s not my fault if I suddenly have an emergency meeting yesterday in Busan. It’s not my fault if I need to attend a business conference and it’s also not my fault if I already feel hungry and don’t have enough energy to drive back in Seoul early”

 

Kyuhyun explains to his mother, feeling a bit irritated. He really thinks that Sungmin is just being over acting, moody, brat and too clingy on him.

 

“She’s just being too moody the past few days. I think she’s being over acting and really clingy and I’m starting to get irritated. She always wants me to be with her. But that thing is not even possible because I need to work and she needs to go to school”  

 

Kyuhyun told his mother before taking a sip on his warm tea.

 

“Speaking of school…”

 

Mrs. Cho stares at her son with worried face.

 

“Is there something wrong with Minnie? She goes home early yesterday. She just attended her first class in the morning because she has exam on that subject and then after that, she already goes home. She looks pale and she told me that she’s not feeling well”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son worriedly. Jessica nods her head, agreeing to her aunt. She also notices Sungmin being pale yesterday.

 

“She didn’t eat her lunch yesterday because she told us that she doesn’t have an appetite because her head is really aching. We told her that we will bring her to the hospital, but she ends up crying because she’s scared. We didn't bring her to Doctor Wang anymore since she's crying”

 

Jessica informs Kyuhyun who just shook his head.

 

“I don’t know. She’s not telling me anything”

 

“How will you know if you’re always busy with your work and with Ms. Kang Seulgi?”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun, emphasizing Seulgi’s name. Mrs. Cho raises an eyebrow.

 

“And who is this Seulgi?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks curiously.

 

“She’s my new business partner. She’s from New York. She’s here for business”

 

“And?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks, interrogating her son. Kyuhyun gives his mother a blank look.

 

“And? What do you mean by and?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“And…that’s all?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks suspiciously. Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“I’m not doing anything ok. I’m not cheating on my wife. Min is just jealous of her and that’s why she’s thinking that I’m just flirting around and not really working. She always thinks that I’m always with her every time that I’m not here at home. She’s always doubtful”

 

Kyuhyun told them while frowning.

 

“I’m feeling sad because my baby is thinking that I’m dating other woman”

 

“That’s because you’re always busy. You will leave very early and Min is still sleeping at that time. You will go home really late and Min is already sleeping. You don’t even drop her to school and you don’t fetch her as well and you even throw a fight with her. If I’m your wife, I’m also going to think that you’re really having other woman”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

 

“But what can I do? I’m a very busy man and I have a lot of things to do. What does she wants me to do? Stay here and babysit her all the time? How am I going to give her good life and provide for her if I will not work and if I’m just going to stay here at home, babysitting her?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Jessica rolls her eyes.

 

“Pabo! You can always provide for her Mr. Cho Kyuhyun even though you don’t work!”

 

“I know. But I can’t abandon the company. I’m the President of Cho International Group of Companies and dad leaves me his company and I need to take care of it just like what he did”

 

 Kyuhyun told Jessica. Mrs. Cho holds her son’s hand.

 

“But you can be the President of the company without sacrificing your time with your wife. Your wife is still more important than your work. Always remember that”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son. She takes a sip on her tea.

 

“By the way…”

 

Mrs. Cho puts down her cup on the saucer.

 

“I met an eye doctor in Vienna and I told her about Minnie’s case. Maybe we can bring Minnie in Vienna, so the doctor can check her eyes and find out the possible treatment to correct her blindness”

 

Mrs. Cho told Kyuhyun. Her heart really breaks into pieces when Kyuhyun told her about Sungmin’s eyes. Mrs. Cho is hurt and sad because she knows that her daughter in law and her son are also hurt about the bad news and she really wants Sungmin to have her eyesight. It’s hard for her to see her daughter in law suffering because of being blind and she wants Sungmin to live normally just like other girls, so she won’t be insecure anymore and she won’t pity herself anymore. She wants to see her daughter in law finally be able to do the things that she wants to do and she wants her daughter in law to see how beautiful she is.

 

“You see. We can bring Minnie in other countries and do everything to give her eyesight. We should not stop looking for the possible treatment for her blindness”

 

Kyuhyun nods at her mother.

 

“Yes mom. I will never give up on that. I’m going to do everything for my wife to have her eyesight and I don’t care how much money I need to spend for her. I’m also planning to bring her to other countries. I just need to finish the things that I need to finish before we see different doctors from different countries. Doctor Lee is still contacting her brother in Sydney about Min’s case”

 

Kyuhyun informs her mother. Jessica looks at Kyuhyun.

 

“Doctor Lee? What’s the name of Min’s doctor?”

 

Jessica asks, feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

 

“Lee Soon-kyu. Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his cousin. Jessica and Mrs. Cho stare at each other.

 

“What a small world Jess. Come to think of it. She’s the younger sibling of your ex-boyfriend, right?”

 

Mrs. Cho told Jessica who nods sadly, remembering her ex-boyfriend.

 

“EX-BOYFRIEND?”

 

Kyuhyun shouts with wide eyes open. He feels a bit confused. Jessica nods at Kyuhyun.

 

“Sunny’s brother is my boyfriend. He’s also an eye doctor. We broke up because he needs to migrate in Sydney to further his studies there”

 

“So, you have a contact with him?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, seeing some hope for his wife. Jessica shook her head.

 

“We don’t have communication anymore. We didn’t contact each other anymore ever since we broke up. But I know the hospital wherein he’s currently working. Fany and I went there when we spend our Christmas in Sydney. But I didn’t show myself to him”

 

Jessica told her cousin. Kyuhyun holds Jessica’s hands.

 

“Then let’s go there. Bring me to him. Doctor Soon-kyu can’t contact him because he’s very busy. Maybe you can help me talk to him. I’m just going to finish all the things that I need to finish and we will all  fly to Sydney ok”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica, feeling happy because somehow he finds hope for his wife. He can feel that his cousin’s ex-boyfriend is the one who can help Sungmin to have her eyesight.

 

“Kyu is right Jess. Let’s all fly in Sydney. This is for Minnie”

 

Mrs. Cho told Jessica, feeling happy as well. Jessica nods her head. She’s not really that ready to see her ex-boyfriend again, but for the sake of her cousin in law and since she also wants Sungmin to have her eyesight soon. She will help Kyuhyun to look for her ex-boyfriend, so he can talk about Sungmin’s case with him.

 

“Ok. No problem Kyu. This is for Min”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun as she flashes a smile. Kyuhyun hugs his cousin happily.

 

“Thank you so much Jess. I love you”

 

Kyuhyun gives Jessica a sweet peck on her cheek. He takes a sip on his tea.

 

“I’m going now. Please take care of my wife while I’m in my work”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother and cousin. They nod happily at him. Kyuhyun stands up and happily leaves the greenhouse. Mrs. Cho looks at Jessica.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks Jessica who is thinking something deep. Jessica nods.

 

“I’m sorry sweetheart. I know that you’re not yet ready to see your ex-boyfriend again”

 

Mrs. Cho told her niece, worrying about her.

 

“It’s ok aunt. There’s nothing to worry about. The world is small. I can always meet him again because we’re living under one sky. It’s for Min. I want her to have her eyesight and we’re going to do everything for that to happen”

 

Jessica told her aunt.

 

“Thank you”

 

Mrs. Cho told her niece. Jessica smiles at her before taking a sip on her tea.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Kyuhyun returns quietly inside his room. He was expecting that his wife is already awake. But much to his surprise, Sungmin is still lying on their bed, still sleeping peacefully and she’s already hugging one of Kyuhyun’s pillows.

 

“She’s still sleeping?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He looks at his watch to check the time.

 

“It’s already ten in the morning and she’s still sleeping? What’s wrong with her? She never wakes up so late like this. She usually wakes up at around eight in the morning even though she doesn’t have school. Don’t tell me that she’s really not feeling well?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his self, feeling worried about his wife. Kyuhyun sighs and removes his shoes before sitting on the empty space beside his wife. He looks at Sungmin and notices her paleness.

 

“Why is she pale?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He carefully touches Sungmin’s forehead to check if she’s hot, but she’s not hot.

 

“Baby”

 

Kyuhyun starts shaking his wife gently, waking her up.

 

“Baby, wake up. You need to wake up now”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who just moves a little.

 

“Five more minutes Kyu”

 

Sungmin whispers without opening her eyes. Kyuhyun frowns at her.

 

“What five more minutes? You need to get up now ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, still shaking her gently, disturbing her sleep so Sungmin will already get up and fix herself because she needs to do a last preparation for her party later on that evening.

 

“I don’t have school today. It’s still early. Why are you already waking me? I still want to sleep some more”

 

“No. Why are you being lazy huh?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while frowning. Sungmin didn’t answer. She just ignores her husband because she doesn’t know how to answer him. Sungmin doesn’t know why she’s feeling so lazy in the past few days and she finds it hard to wake up early in the morning. She also can’t understand why she keeps on peeing, especially at night. Kyuhyun sighs heavily.

 

“I told you to get up now, eat your breakfast and take a bath. Stop being a hard headed brat girl. You need to do a last preparation for your party later. You still need to fit the gown that you’re going to wear later. They need to make sure that there’s nothing wrong with your gown to avoid wardrobe malfunction and you still need to choose your shoes that you’re going to wear. You need to go at the spa and salon early, so you need to get up now”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin whose still not opening her eyes.

 

“Five more minutes. It’s still early”

 

“It’s already ten in the morning and it’s no longer early. Just get up now and stop being lazy ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, still frowning at her. Sungmin slowly opens her eyes and lazily get up. Kyuhyun cups Sungmin’s beautiful yet pale face and stares at her.

 

“I’m going to work now ok”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who shook her head weakly. Her head is aching again. Sungmin hugs her husband, stopping him from leaving.

 

“No Kyu”

 

Sungmin rests her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Just stay here with me. Don’t leave me. Please don’t go to work today. I’m sick”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin whose eyes are closed again. He touches his wife’s forehead, checking if she’s hot.

 

“Stop acting, will you?”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who shook her head.

 

“I’m not acting”

 

Sungmin slowly opens her eyes and raises her head. Kyuhyun can see that she looks sick and really pale.

 

“I’m going to die now”

 

“Huh? What the are you talking about? Why are you over reacting?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his wife, feeling a bit irritated but worried.

 

“But I’m not feeling so good these past few days. I’m feeling something strange. So please, just stay here with me until I feel better again. Let’s sleep some more Kyu. Please hug me. I want you”

 

Sungmin told her husband before resting her head back on his chest. Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“I have work and I need to go now”

 

Kyuhyun quickly removes Sungmin’s arms around him.

 

“But Kyu…”

 

“Mom and Jess offer to bring you to the hospital yesterday for them to find out about your condition. But you end up crying because you’re scared, so stop complaining that you’re not feeling well when it’s your fault because you’re being a brat”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, frowning at her. He was controlling his temper.

 

“I’m not complaining. I’m just telling you that I’m not feeling good lately and I’m already going to die. I don’t want to go to the hospital because you’re not with me. I’m scared”

 

“Then suffer the consequence. You don’t want to go to a doctor then suffer the consequence of feeling sick. I’m leaving now”

 

“Why are you so cold? Why are you like that?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly. Her tears are already forming in her eyes.

 

“Are you really going to work or you’re just going to meet her?”

 

Sungmin asks, feeling jealous. Kyuhyun’s blood suddenly boils because of his wife’s question.

 

“Oh yes! I’m going to meet her because we have a meeting today”

 

“That’s why you’re in a hurry because you want to see her soon. You don’t care if you’re wife is already going to die”

 

“SHUT THE OFF!!!”

 

Sungmin’s heart starts jumping because Kyuhyun shouts angrily.

 

“Why are you so clingy huh? I told you that I have a lot of things to do. I have work Cho Sungmin and I am not your nanny or babysitter! Damn it!”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while staring at her angrily. Sungmin’s tears start falling from her eyes. She’s really feeling too emotional at that moment.

 

“I DIDN’T TELL YOU TO CRY!!!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts again because of anger.

 

“Why are you shouting at me? I’m not doing anything”

 

“That’s because you’re being too irritating!  You’re such a brat! Damn so brat and I already hate it!”

 

“I’m just asking you to stay and take care of me. Why do you want to be with her and not with me?”

 

Sungmin asks as she starts crying. She really thinks that Kyuhyun already exchange her to other woman and she’s no longer important to her husband because he already found a woman who is better than her; a woman who is beautiful because she can see; a woman who is y and seductive and a woman who can give Kyuhyun a child anytime.

 

“Shut up! You shut up Cho Sungmin! I’m not having an affair with other woman!”

 

“But why do—“

 

“YOU SHUT UP!!!”

 

Kyuhyun raises his voice. He can no longer control his temper because Sungmin keeps on insisting that he has other woman.

 

“I hate you. You don’t love me anymore. You already exchange me to other woman. I’m just asking for a little of your time. Why can’t you give it to me?”

 

Sungmin asks as she continues to cry. Kyuhyun stares at his wife. He calms his self and holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between his hands. Kyuhyun wipes the tears that are falling from his wife’s innocent eyes.

 

“Shhhh, stop crying now”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He leans his forehead on hers.

 

“What do you want me to do for you to believe that I’m yours? Only yours. Baby, I don’t have other woman. I can never cheat on you. Why do you need to be jealous? What do you want me to do for you to believe?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“I’m just asking for your time Kyu. That’s all. Was it too much?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly. Tears keep on falling from her eyes. Kyuhyun wipes it away and softly kisses her lips.

 

“Stop crying baby. I’m going to call my Vice-President and told him that I can’t attend the meeting. My Vice-President can represent me and Onew will be there as well. I’ll just give them a call”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He softly kisses his wife’s forehead before standing up.

 

“I’ll be back. Stop crying now”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He goes out of their room and gets his mobile phone inside his pocket and calls his Vice-President.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

“Mr. Lee, where are you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Jonghyun smiles while driving his car.

 

“I’m on my way to Incheon, why?”

 

Jonghyun asks. Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“Please tell Ms. Kang that I can’t join you guys in the meeting because my wife is sick. I can’t leave her. Onew will also be going there. Just rely everything to him ok”

 

“Ok, no worries. But how about your meeting later with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang? It’s five in the afternoon. You can’t cancel that or else we will lose a deal”

 

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun.

 

“Can you just attend it for me?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“I want to, but I can’t. I know that today is your wife’s birthday party and she’s sick just like what you told me. But Mr. Cho, don’t forget that I’ll be flying in Bern today. I’ll be leaving later at five in the afternoon”

 

Jonghyun informs Kyuhyun, reminding him. Kyuhyun holds his forehead.

 

“Oh yes! I forgot about that”

 

Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“It’s ok. Don’t worry about it. I’ll be the one who will deal with it. I’m really sorry that I can join the meeting with Ms. Kang”

 

“It’s ok Mr. Cho. It’s not really that important and I can represent you. You don’t need to be there. I think she just wants to see you, that’s why she keeps on telling you that you must attend that meeting”

 

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun because he can sense that Seulgi has a big crush on Kyuhyun.

 

“I’ll just rely the things that we will discuss in the meeting to your secretary”

 

“Ok. Thanks a lot. I’ll just ask Onew about it”

 

“No problem. See you next week. I’ll just give you a call about our deal in Bern. Happy birthday to your wife”

 

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun with a smile on his lips. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Ok. Good luck in Bern. See you next week”

 

Kyuhyun told his Vice-President before hanging up. After talking to Jonghyun, Kyuhyun calls his secretary.

 

“Yes Sir? What can I do for you? I’m already on my way to Incheon”

 

Onew told Kyuhyun.

 

“I can’t attend the meeting with Ms. Kang. I already inform Mr. Lee about it. He will rely the things that will be discussed in the meeting to you. You will report it to me later in my office. I’ll go to work at three in the afternoon. Don’t forget to prepare the conference room 9 later for my meeting with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary. Onew nods his head while driving his car.

 

“No problem Sir. It’s much better if you don’t attend the meeting in Incheon, so Ms. Kang will not see you”

 

Onew told his boss, feeling happy because Seulgi won’t see his boss. Onew really feels irritated whenever Kyuhyun will have a meeting with Seulgi because Seulgi keeps on flirting with Kyuhyun, trying to seduce him. It’s good that Kyuhyun ignores her or else, Onew will really smack his boss’ head if he will return the act.

 

“Are you saying something Lee Onew?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Onew shook his head.

 

“Nothing Sir. Is there anything else?”

 

Onew asks. Kyuhyun thinks for the meantime and shook his head.

 

“That’s all. I’ll just see you later”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary before hanging up. He returns his mobile phone inside his pocket. He goes back inside his room and saw his wife lying on their bed while hugging one of his pillows. Sungmin is sleeping again.

 

“Why is she so lazy? I already told her to get up. She’s sleeping again”

 

Kyuhyun whispers as he sighs. He walks towards the bed and removes his shoes before lying on the soft mattress. He holds the pillow that Sungmin was hugging and removes it away from her.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin whispers without opening her eyes. She’s feeling dizzy and her head is really aching. Kyuhyun puts the pillow on his feet before moving towards his wife. Kyuhyun wraps his arms around Sungmin, hugging her.

 

“I told you to get up now, right? We have a lot of things to do for your party later”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin hugs him and rests her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Five more minutes”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She’s really feeling lazy and weak on that day. She just wants to stay on bed and sleep for the whole day.

 

“Kyu, let’s just sleep for the whole day. I really don’t want to get up. I’m feeling so lazy today”

 

“How about your party? We can’t cancel it because there are a lot of people who will attend it. It will be embarrassing if we cancel the party on the day itself”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife.

 

“You get up now ok. I’ll call the chef to bring your breakfast here in our room, so you won’t go down anymore”

 

“But I’m not hungry”

 

“Try to eat even just a little. I will feed you ok?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He looks at Sungmin who nods his head weakly.

 

“Kyu, I need a medicine for my headache. My head is really aching so badly”

 

“Ok. You eat first before you drink medicine”

 

Sungmin nods his head. Kyuhyun gets up and grabs the cordless phone on top of the bedside table. He calls the chef and told him to bring his wife’s breakfast in their room. After calling the kitchen to talk to the chef, Kyuhyun dials the number at the living room to talk to the head maid and ask for a Tylenol for Sungmin’s headache. Kyuhyun hangs up after talking to the head maid. He puts down the cordless telephone back on top of the bedside table.

 

“Baby, get up now. Your breakfast and your Tylenol will be here any minute”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin slowly opens her eyes. Kyuhyun helps her to get up and sit on the bed. He puts one pillow on Sungmin’s back to make her feel comfortable while sitting.

 

“Should I add another pillow?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head weakly.

 

“It’s fine Kyu. Can you just massage my head?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods and moves closer to his wife and starts massaging Sungmin’s head gently.

 

“You’re not taking care of yourself that’s why you’re not feeling well”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, frowning at her.

 

“You see. I’m not always here to monitor you. You must learn to go on without me because not all the time we need to be together all the time and you’re already nineteen years old and a wife. Stop being a baby ok”

 

Kyuhyun reprimands his wife who looks sad.

 

“Min, I’m not mad. I’m just reprimanding you and reminding you ok”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin whose tears are already falling from her eyes.

 

“Hey, I told you that I’m not mad. Why are you crying?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he wipes his wife’s tears away. Sungmin shook her head sadly.

 

“I don’t know”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

 

“You don’t know why you’re crying?”

 

Kyuhyun asks with a shock expression. He can’t understand why his wife is being too emotional all of a sudden. He really thinks that Sungmin is always having her mood swings and he doesn’t understand why. Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun.

 

“I feel so sad…really sad and I don’t know why”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she rests her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Eh? You supposed to be happy because today is your party. You and your friends will have a party together, so you must be happy and dad wants you to be happy, right?”

 

Sungmin nods her head.

 

“That’s why you need to stop crying now”

 

Kyuhyun holds his wife’s beautiful face between his hands and wipes her tears away. Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips and smiles at her.

 

“I love you”

 

Kyuhyun sweetly whispers to his wife, making her smile. The assistant chef knocks softly on the door before going inside Kyuhyun’s room.

 

“Good morning young master and young lady. I bring young lady’s breakfast and the medicine that young master was asking Ahjumma for young lady’s headache”

 

The assistant chef told them. He walks towards the bed and carefully puts down the tray that he’s holding on the bed.

 

“Is there anything else?”

 

The assistant chef asks. Kyuhyun looks at his wife.

 

“Baby, do you still want something?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin thinks for awhile before shaking her head. Kyuhyun looks at the assistant chef who is smiling at them.

 

“Thanks for bringing my wife’s breakfast and medicine. You can leave no”

 

“Arasso young master. Enjoy your breakfast young lady”

 

The assistant chef bows his head before leaving Kyuhyun’s room quietly. Kyuhyun gets the soup spoon and starts feeding Sungmin with roasted chicken noodle soup. Sungmin shook her head upon tasting the soup.

 

“Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“I don’t like the soup. It doesn’t taste good”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun taste the soup.

 

“It was delicious”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He finds the soup really tasty and very delicious, especially the roasted chicken. He can’t understand why Sungmin hates it.

 

“No. I hate it. I don’t want that”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

 

“Ok. I won’t force you to eat it”

 

Kyuhyun puts down the soup spoon on the tray. He gets the fork and starts feeding Sungmin with mashed potato. Sungmin eats everything. After feeding his wife with mashed potato, Kyuhyun helps Sungmin drink her fresh orange juice. Sungmin spit out the orange juice that she’s drinking and starts coughing. Kyuhyun puts down the cold glass of orange juice on the tray and gets the table napkin and wipes Sungmin’s mouth. He gets the glass of water and helps Sungmin to drink it while he rubs his wife’s back gently. Kyuhyun puts down the glass of water back on the tray when Sungmin already finish drinking from it.

 

“Are you ok baby?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly while wiping his wife’s face with the table napkin. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“I hate the taste of the orange juice. Please don’t let me drink it again”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

 

“Ok. I’m sorry. Just drink water”

 

Sungmin nods her head. Kyuhyun stares at his wife worriedly before feeding her with peach turnovers. After taking three bites, Sungmin already shook her head.

 

“I don’t want to eat now”

 

“Why? You just eat a little. You should finish your breakfast”

 

“But I don’t like it. Please don’t force me Kyu. I really don’t want to eat anymore”

 

Kyuhyun sighs and nods his head. He gets the Tylenol in a small medicine glass.

 

“You drink your medicine now”

 

Kyuhyun helps Sungmin to drink the Tylenol. Kyuhyun puts down the empty glass on the tray and grabs the cordless telephone on top of the bedside table to calls the head maid to get Sungmin’s breakfast inside his room and brings it down to the kitchen. Kyuhyun hangs up after talking to the head maid.

 

“Let’s take a bath ok”

 

“But you’re already done taking a bath, right?”

 

Kyuhyun nods.

 

“I can take a bath again as I bathe you”

 

“It’s ok Kyu. Maybe nanny can bathe me”

 

“No. We’re going to take a bath together”

 

Sungmin smiles and nods her head. Kyuhyun hugs her.

 

“I miss you so much baby. I’m sorry for always being so busy. But please don’t think that I’m already having other woman. I can never do that and I can never exchange you to other girls ok. Stop being paranoid. I’m just really busy because I have a lot of things to do and to finish for the expansion of Cho International Group of Companies in New York and Berlin. Please understand ok. Don’t worry baby because I’m going to make it up to you soon”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He was about to kiss his wife when someone knocks on the door. The head maid went inside and bows at Sungmin and Kyuhyun. She gets the tray on top of the bedside table.

 

“Young lady didn’t finish her breakfast”

 

The head maid feels worried.

 

“It’s ok Ahjumma. Min is fine. She just didn’t like her breakfast this morning”

 

Kyuhyun told the head maid.

 

“Just tell the chef not to cook something like that again because my wife doesn’t like that kind of food”

 

“Ok young master”

 

The head maid bows her head and leaves the room quietly. I’ll just go inside the bathroom to get your bathrobe”

 

Kyuhyun kisses Sungmin’s lips before getting off of the bed. He goes inside the bathroom to get Sungmin’s bathrobe. Kyuhyun returns inside the room after getting his wife’s bathrobe inside the bathroom. He puts down Sungmin’s bathrobe on the bed and asks Sungmin to sit on the edge of the bed. Sungmin follows.

 

“I’m going to take off your clothes now”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun takes off Sungmin’s nightie, leaving her with her bra and .

 

“Seriously Min, I really think that you should not wear bra whenever you’re going to sleep at night to make you more comfortable and for you to breathe comfortably”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he slowly removes her bra, exposing Sungmin’s beautiful round s. Kyuhyun puts down his wife’s bra on the bed.

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Ah…”

 

Sungmin pause for the meantime. She’s thinking if she should tell it to her husband or not because she’s feeling a bit shy.

 

“Baby, what is it? Is there something wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Nothing. I’m just going to ask if we can go at the mall today to buy a bra without an underwire because my s are aching lately. It feels a bit sore and the underwire in my bra is making hard for me”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, feeling a bit shy. Kyuhyun leans towards his wife. He puts down his hands on the soft mattress for leverage. He looks at Sungmin and flashes a naughty smile.

 

“I know why your ies are aching”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife.

 

“That’s because I’m not massaging it, that’s why it’s aching”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin with a naughty smile on his lips, making Sungmin blush.

 

“Kyu, stop being ert. Honestly, it’s really aching and I’m serious about it and I don’t want you to touch it because it feels so…I don’t know how to explain”

 

“You’re not taking birth control pills, aren’t you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“What makes you think that way?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“Well, I heard it from Taeyeon before when she and Seohyun are talking about birth control pills. Taeyeon is taking birth control pills”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

 

“I’m not taking birth control pills. I want us to have a baby soon, so why will I take a birth control pills?”

 

“Maybe you already have your period?”

 

“No”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Well, I’m already delayed as in super delayed. Maybe because of stress”

 

“Ok. I think we should really go to the mall later and buy you a bra without an underwire. I think we should bring with us, so she can help you later”

 

“Thanks Kyu”

 

Sungmin smiles at her husband. Kyuhyun stands straight and holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“You stand up now baby”

 

Kyuhyun helps his wife to stand. He removes Sungmin’s . Kyuhyun notices a blood on his wife’s . Kyuhyun stands up and places Sungmin’s on top of her nightie. Kyuhyun gets his wife’s bathrobe and helps her wear it.

 

“Baby, you already have your period. There was a blood on your ”

 

Kyuhyun informs Sungmin while tying her bathrobe. Sungmin suddenly blush.

 

“I suddenly feel shy”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while blushing. Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin’s chin.

 

“It’s ok. We’re husband and wife and we’re going to share more intimate things than this in the future. No need to be shy”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He kisses his wife’s lips softly and helps her to sit down on the bed.

 

“I’ll just removes my clothes and prepare our bath and your clothes. Wait for me here”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun gets Sungmin’s clothes on top of the bed and went inside the bathroom. He prepares their bath before going inside the walk-in closet. He puts Sungmin’s clothes in the laundry basket before preparing his clothes and his wife’s clothes. Kyuhyun undress his self and wears his bathrobe. He goes out of the walk-in closet and return inside his room. He sighs when he saw Sungmin lying on the bed again.

 

“Baby”

 

Kyuhyun walks towards his wife and sits beside her.

 

“It’s time for us to take a bath now. Why are you being too lazy?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he helps Sungmin to get up and sit on the bed.

 

“Seriously, I don’t want to move a lot. I feel so lazy. Just carry me Kyu”

 

“You’re such a baby”

 

Kyuhyun brushes his nose from hers before standing up.

 

“Ok. Let’s go now. We still have a lot of things to do”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He carries his wife like a bride as he went inside the bathroom to take a bath with his loving wife.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin went first at the cemetery with Mrs. Cho and Jessica to visit Mr. Cho and Sungmin’s parents and to bring them beautiful flowers.

 

“Umma and Appa’s tombs are beside dad’s. On the right side in Appa’s tomb while on the left side is Umma’s tomb. Dad’s tomb is in between them”

 

Kyuhyun informs his wife.

 

“Is it really ok that you transfer Umma and Appa’s tomb here with dad?”

 

Sungmin asks her husband. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes of course. Why? You don’t want them to be here with dad?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he stares at his wife’s sad face.

 

“It’s not like that Kyu. It’s just that…you see…this is your family’s mausoleum”

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun holds his wife’s beautiful face between his hands.

 

“I have the right to decide ok and beside, mom also agrees with it. Dad will be happy because he’s no longer alone here. This is much better, so we won’t have a hard time whenever we’re going to visit them”

 

Kyuhyun explains.

 

“Kyu, we’re going out now. Jess and I will wait for you and Minnie outside”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son. Kyuhyun nods at her. Mrs. Cho gently pats Sungmin’s cheek before going out of the mausoleum with Jessica. Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun and rests her head on her husband’s chest.

 

“Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He wraps his hands around his wife when he feels her crying.

 

“I just miss my parents and of course dad. I want them to be here and join us later in my party”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly.

 

“Shhhh, stop crying baby”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he starts Sungmin’s hair.

 

“They will be there in your party later. It’s just that you’re not going to see them physically, but I know that they will be there. They will watch you from heaven, so you don’t need to be sad”

 

Kyuhyun cups Sungmin’s beautiful face and stares at her.

 

“Stop crying baby”

 

Kyuhyun wipes his wife’s tears away. He holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between his hands and softly kisses her wonderful lips.

 

“Don’t cry ok. Umma, Appa and dad will be sad if they see you crying. Remember what dad told you before he closes his eyes?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Dad told me that he wants me to be happy on the day of my party”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

 

“That’s why you need to be happy, so they won’t be sad in heaven. I know that you already miss them so much. I also miss dad so much. That’s why I bring you here for us to be able to see them. We might not see them physically, but we know that they are watching us from heaven and they are with us…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hand and places it on her chest to where her heart is.

 

“They will always remain in our hearts. That’s why they are with us not through physical aspect, but through our heart”

 

Kyuhyun explains to his wife.

 

“Don’t be sad anymore ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he wipes the tears that keep on falling from Sungmin’s eyes. Sungmin stops crying and nods her head.

 

“I want you to be happy because today is your party. I want you to enjoy and be happy with your friends. Don’t be sad anymore and no more crying ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun suddenly feels worried upon noticing that Sungmin is pale.

 

“Baby, I’m going to ask you something. I need an honest answer. You know that I hate liars. I want you to tell me the truth ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin suddenly feels nervous and worried. She was thinking what Kyuhyun will ask her. She’s thinking that it’s something serious and really important because of Kyuhyun’s voice. He seems to be worried and that’s what makes Sungmin feels nervous and worried as well.

 

“What is it Kyu? Is there something wrong?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin and he can see worries in his wife’s innocent eyes.

 

“I’m just worried baby. Is there something wrong with you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin’s expression suddenly becomes blank because she didn’t understand what her husband is talking about.

 

“What do you mean Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously.

 

“Is there something wrong with you? I just notice you being pale earlier when I’m waking you and now. Tell me what’s wrong. Do I need to bring you at the hospital?”

 

Kyuhyun asks with concern in his voice. Sungmin shook her head, feeling scared.

 

“I don’t want. You know that I’m scared of hospitals and doctors. Why will you bring me there?”

 

Sungmin asks with teary eyes. Kyuhyun can see fear in his wife’s eyes.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun stars caressing Sungmin’s cheek gently.

 

“I’m worried about you. I need to know why you’re pale. Are you sick?”

 

Kyuhyun holds his forehead and Sungmin’s forehead, comparing their body temperatures. His eyes grow big when Sungmin is hotter than him.

 

“Aigoo! You have fever. I think we need to see a doctor”

 

“No!”

 

Sungmin shook her head, feeling scared.

 

“I don’t want”

 

“But baby, we need to know what’s wrong with you. You’re sick. I’m worried”

 

“I’m not sick Kyu”

 

Sungmin shook her head weakly. She hugs Kyuhyun and rests her head on her husband’s chest.

 

“I’m just feeling a bit weak lately. Maybe because I’m stressing myself too much because of studying and doing a lot of school works and waiting for you to arrive at home”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly. Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“I told you not to wait for me. Why are you being a hard headed girl? See what happen? You’re getting sick. You’re not allowed to stress yourself because you get sick easily when you become stress and it will be hard for you to get pregnant if you will stress yourself that much”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while frowning. Sungmin slowly closes her eyes, still resting her head on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu. Please don’t get mad at me anymore. I’m feeling sad whenever you’re mad at me. I just can’t sleep knowing that you’re not yet home. I’m worried because you always go home so late. Why do you always need to be home very late all the time and why are you not always at home? Are you really working or you’re just seeing that woman?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun can sense jealousy in his wife’s voice.

 

“Cho Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his wife. Sungmin is frowning.

 

“Who told you that I’m having a date with other woman? Who gives you the idea that I’m going out with Seulgi and that I’m using my work as an excuse to see her?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin raises an eyebrow.

 

“Seulgi? The last time that I heard you, you’re still calling her Ms. Kang. How come it’s already Seulgi? I’m jealous now”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while frowning. Kyuhyun laughs softly and gently flicks his wife’s forehead.

 

“Don’t be jealous. I’m really working ok. She told me to call her in her name and stop being formal. So, I also told her to call me Kyu. But it doesn’t mean that we’re already dating and I already exchange you to her and that I’m cheating on you. Stop thinking like that ok”

 

“Then why are going home late and you’re not home often?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“That’s because I have a lot of things to do in the office for the expansion of the company in New York and in Berlin. I know that I’m no longer giving you time and attention and I’m really sorry about that Min baby. But please don’t think that I’m already dating other woman and I’m already cheating in you”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I can never do that. I love you so much and I can never cheat on you. I’m a good boy now ok. So, going back to our main topic…we’re going to the hospital after this”

 

“I told you that I’m not sick”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as tears start forming in her eyes.

 

“Why do you always want to bring me to the hospital and see a doctor?”

 

Sungmin asks nervously.

 

“That’s because I’m concern and I care about you. I’m worried and I always want to make sure that you’re always fine and there’s nothing wrong with you. You see. You look pale and I’m worried. Stop being a hard headed girl ok. We’re going to the hospital and see Doctor Wang”

 

“I don’t want”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’m going to cry if you will insist”

 

Sungmin told her husband, threatening him.

 

“Eh? Why are you threatening me all of a sudden huh Cho Sungmin? I’m just worried about you and I want to know if there’s something wrong with you, so we know what to do”

 

“I’m fine. I just feel weak lately because of stress. But I’m fine”

 

Sungmin lied. The truth is, she’s feeling a bit dizzy on that moment. But she needs to act normal to hide it because she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to bring her at the hospital and see a doctor.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Kyuhyun asks suspiciously. Sungmin slowly nods her head, acting normal.

 

“I still need to bring you at the hospital whether you like it or not. I want to make sure that you’re really fine and there’s really nothing wrong with you”

 

“But Kyu”

 

“No more arguments Cho Sungmin. You will go with me at the hospital after this”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin just nods her head.

 

“You say goodbye now to Umma, Appa and dad because we’re already leaving”

 

Kyuhyun slowly turns his wife around, so she will be facing their parents’ tomb.

 

“Umma, Appa, dad…Kyu and I will go now. I’ll just visit you again when we have some time. Don’t worry about me because Kyu is taking good care of me very well and I’m not going to cry again. I’ll be happy later on my party. That’s a promise. Always watch over us from heaven. I love you Umma. I love you Appa. I love you dad. We miss you so much”

 

Sungmin told their parents.

 

“Umma, Appa, dad, we’re going ahead now ok. See you soon. I promise that Min and I will go back soon. Sorry if we can’t go here often to visit the three of you. I’m just busy with my work because I really need to do a lot of things. Dad, don’t worry about the company. I’m taking good care of it and managing it well just like what you did. We’re going to have expansion in Berlin and New York”

 

Kyuhyun told his father’s tomb, feeling proud of his accomplishments for Cho International Group of Companies. He knows that his father is proud of him as well.

 

“Umma and Appa, I’m going to bring your baby in the hospital. That’s why we need to go now. I need to make sure that she’s fine and there’s really nothing wrong with her. Don’t worry about her because I’m taking good care of her. Don’t worry Umma, Appa and dad, Min and I promise to give you a grandchild soon. We love you so much and we miss you too so much. We’re going now. See you again next time. Just sleep tight ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his father and in-laws’ tomb.

 

“Let’s go baby”

 

Kyuhyun hold his wife’s hand. Sungmin hold on tightly to her husband’s hand, pressing it hard.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while staring at Sungmin worriedly. Sungmin shook her head. She doesn’t want to tell her husband that she’s feeling dizzy and nauseated.

 

“I’m fine, Just hold me tight because I’m afraid to walk”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hand tightly. He feels worried because he knows that Sungmin is hiding something from him. He can feel that his wife is not really feeling very well on that day and he thinks that Sungmin is really sick. He’s thinking that his wife just don’t want to tell it to him because Sungmin doesn’t want to worry him and she’s afraid that he will bring her to the hospital from time to time. Kyuhyun and Sungmin start walking slowly. Kyuhyun guides his wife’s way, making sure that Sungmin will be safe and will not trip on something. They went out of the Cho family’s mausoleum.

 

“Kyu sweetheart, we need to go at Belle Rose Boutique now. The designer of Minnie’s gown for her party tonight just called me. She told me that Minnie needs to do the last fitting of her gown now because she needs to go in Itaewon to attend an urgent business with one of her clients”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Ok. No problem. I’ll just bring Min in the hospital after she do the last fitting of her gown for her party later”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother. Mrs. Cho and Jessica stare at Kyuhyun worriedly.

 

“What happen to Minnie?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks worriedly. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I just notice that she’s pale”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother.

 

“She’s pale lately. I just notice it. She told me that she’s just stress because of school works and because of studying”

 

Jessica told her cousin.

 

“That’s why I need to bring her at the hospital because I want to make sure that my baby is fine and there’s nothing wrong with her. She told me that she’s feeling a bit weak lately”

 

“That’s because of stress”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“I still want to make sure ok. Let’s go to your designer now and do the last fitting of your gown for your party later before we go to the hospital”

 

“Ok. I’ll be a good girl and won’t argue with you”

 

“Good”

 

Kyuhyun smiles at Sungmin and gently pinches her cheek, making her smile.

 

“So, I’m just going to see all of you at Belle Rose Boutique”

 

Mrs. Cho told them. The Cho family driver opens the door of the black limousine. Mrs. Cho waves her hand before going inside. The family driver gently closes the door.

 

“Drive safely ahjusshi”

 

Kyuhyun told their family driver.

 

“Yes young master. Drive safely too as well as young lady Jessica. See you at Belle Rose Boutique with young lady Minnie”

 

The family driver bows his head to them before going inside the limousine and drives it away. Jessica looks at Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

 

“I’ll go ahead. See you there love birds”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun and Sungmin happily. Sungmin smiles.

 

“Drive safely Unnie. See you there”

 

Sungmin told her cousin in law.

 

“I will. See you”

 

Jessica looks at Kyuhyun.

 

“Drive safely and take care of Min”

 

Jessica told her cousin. Kyuhyun nods his head. Jessica waves her hand and went inside her car. She starts the engine and blows the horn softly before driving her car away.

 

“Why does Jessica Unnie doesn’t want to have a driver?”

 

Sungmin asks her husband as they start walking towards Kyuhyun’s car.

 

“She has a driver. But he’s in LA. He’s driving for Jess when she’s there. But when Jess goes back here, her driver will drive for aunt”

 

Kyuhyun explains. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Jess is used to drive her car. Uncle is the only one who wants her to have a driver. He’s the one who hire a driver for Jess, so she doesn’t have any choice. It’s good that uncle didn’t insist that Jess should bring her driver here in Seoul”

 

Kyuhyun opens the door for his wife. He helps Sungmin to go inside and to sit properly. Kyuhyun buckles Sungmin’s seatbelt.

 

“Thanks Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles and gives his wife a sweet peck on her wonderful lips, making her smile brightly.

 

“You’re welcome baby”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before closing the door gently. Kyuhyun runs towards the drive’s side and go inside his car. He buckles his seatbelt and starts the engine of his car.

 

“We’re going now”

 

Kyuhyun happily told his wife. He blows the horn softly to say goodbye to Sungmin’s parents and his dad before driving his car away.

 

~~~

 

*BELLE ROSE BOUTIQUE*

 

 

Mrs. Cho and Jessica are with Sungmin and the designer inside the very spacious fitting room to help Sungmin in fitting her gown while Kyuhyun waits for them at the living room of the boutique. He was walking back and forth while talking to someone over the phone.

 

“Sir, you need to go here at Cho International Group of Companies now. Mr. Cha is here. He told me that he wants to talk to you. It’s really important. It’s about your new client in Vancouver, Canada”

 

Nicole told her boss.

 

“But I’m still here at Belle Rose Boutique. I’m with my wife. She’ll get mad at me if I leave her all of a sudden. Can you not tell him to wait for me a little longer?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Nicole stares at Mr. Cha and shook his head.

 

“No Sir. Mr. Cha has a meeting at Ilsang at two thirty in the afternoon and it’s already twelve thirty. He told me that it’s really urgent. He will be flying in Tokyo, Japan today after his meeting in Ilsang and that’s why he wants to see you and talk about your new client because he will be out of the country for a month”

 

Nicole explains, informing her boss.

 

“Ok. Where is Onew?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“His meeting with Mr. Lee and Ms. Kang just ended and he’s already on his way here. Is Ma’am already at Shilla Hotel?”

 

Nicole asks, pertaining to Mrs. Cho. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Mom is with me. We’re here at Belle Rose Boutique. My wife is still having a last fitting for her gown later at her party. What time are you going at Shilla Hotel? You need to go there now”

 

“I’m just waiting for Onew Sir. Don’t worry Sir because the party coordinators and arrangers are there to make sure that everything will be fine later for Ms. Cho’s party. I’ll be there when Onew arrives. I can’t leave Mr. Cha alone”

 

“Did you already get my ticket for my flight tomorrow at four in the morning at Jeju Island?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Nicole nods her head.

 

“Yes Sir. Everything is ready for your flight tomorrow at Jeju Island”

 

“Ok. Thanks. I’m on my way there”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary before hanging up. He puts his mobile phone inside his pocket and walks towards the fitting room. Kyuhyun softly knocks. Jessica opens the door.

 

“Kyu, Min is not yet done. You go away first ok”

 

Jessica told her cousin, shooing him.

 

“I need to talk to her. It’s important. I need to go now”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Jessica asks curiously.

 

“In my office. I have a very important meeting with Mr. Cha. Just let me in ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin. Jessica sighs and let her cousin in. Kyuhyun walks towards his wife who is still fitting her gown for her party. The designer and Mrs. Cho are helping her wear her gown.

 

“Baby”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“Yes Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“I need to go now”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly.

 

“In my office. Mr. Cha is waiting for me. It’s urgent. We need to have an emergency meeting about our new client. I need to go now because he needs to leave soon”

 

“What time are you going back?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I don’t know. I have a meeting at five in the afternoon”

 

“My party will start at seven in the evening. Why do you need to work today? Just stay here with me. We’re still going at the hospital after this, right?”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, convincing him not to leave. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I really need to work today. Don’t worry because I’m going to be there in your party later. I might be late, but I’ll be there. That’s a promise”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin didn’t speak as she feels upset towards her husband. She can’t understand why Kyuhyun always need to exchange her from his work and why her husband needs to work on the day of her party. Sungmin feels upset and a bit angry because Kyuhyun should help them in the last preparation for her party on that night. But instead of doing that, Kyuhyun chooses to work and be busy with other things than being busy with her.

 

“Baby, please understand ok. I promise to arrive early at your party. I need to go now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before looking at his mother. Mrs. Cho is frowning at him.

 

“Mom, just accompany Min to Doctor Wang. I really need to go now. See you later”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I love you”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, but Sungmin didn’t answer. Kyuhyun just sighs. He doesn’t have time to argue with Sungmin because he needs to leave and be at Cho International Group of Companies as soon as possible for his meeting with Mr. Cha. Kyuhyun gently pats his wife’s cheek before leaving the fitting room. Mrs. Cho stands in front of her daughter in law. She holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between her hands.

 

“Just don’t mind him ok. You need to smile now. Let’s continue preparing for your party later. After this, we’re going to see Doctor Wang and then eat our lunch before I go at Shilla Hotel to check if everything is already well-prepared there while you and Jess will go at the salon and spa and then we’re just going to see each other at Shilla Hotel”

 

Mrs. Cho told her daughter in law. Sungmin shook her head weakly.

 

“I don’t want to see a doctor mom. Let’s just have our lunch after this. I’m really fine”

 

“But”

 

“I’m fine. There’s nothing to worry about me”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law with teary eyes. She suddenly wants to cry because of Kyuhyun. Sungmin gets irritated, sad and angry easily. She always becomes moody and very emotional lately. Mrs. Cho and Jessica stare at each other sadly.

 

“Ok. We’re going to have our lunch after this. You smile now ok”

 

Mrs. Cho told her daughter in law, cheering her up. Sungmin just nods her head, but she didn’t smile. Mrs. Cho and Jessica just sigh sadly and continue helping Sungmin in fitting her gown for her party later at night.

 

~~~

 

It was already four in the afternoon when Kyuhyun goes back inside his office after having two meetings. First is with Mr. Cha and second is with the head of the Advertising Department and his team with Seulgi’s Vice-President. They talk about the advertisement of Cho International Group of Companies in New York. Kyuhyun was busy doing a business proposal when the telecom on top of his desk rings. Kyuhyun stops what he’s doing and presses the loudspeaker to answer the call.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

Kyuhyun answers the call.

 

“Sir”

 

“Yes Onew?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He continues working on the business proposal that he’s doing.

 

“Sir, Ms. Kang is here”

 

Onew informs his boss. Kyuhyun stops typing.

 

“Should I let her in?”

 

Onew asks his boss’ permission. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Please let her in”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary before ending the call. He focuses his attention back on his laptop and continues working on the business proposal when he heard a soft knock on the door. Seulgi slowly opens the door and stares at Kyuhyun who is sitting on his chair while busy typing on his laptop.

 

“Kyu, can I come in?”

 

Seulgi asks. Kyuhyun nods his head as an answer. Seulgi smiles and carefully goes inside Kyuhyun’s office. She gently closes the door before walking towards Kyuhyun’s desk and approaches him.

 

“Why didn’t you attend our meeting in Incheon awhile ago?”

 

Seulgi asks. Kyuhyun looks at her and stand up.

 

“Let’s have a seat”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi before walking towards the sofa. Kyuhyun sits down. Seulgi follows him and sits beside him, joining him on the sofa.

 

“I send my secretary there and Mr. Lee is also there. You don’t need me in that meeting anymore”

 

“But you’re still the President of Cho International Group of Companies and you should be there as well”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun, pouting at him, trying to act cute.

 

“Mr. Lee and Onew rely what you have discussed during the meeting. Where is the copy of the business proposal for our meeting tomorrow with Mr. Anderson?”

 

Kyuhyun asks Seulgi, asking for the copy of the business proposal because he needs to review it first before his meeting with Mr. Anderson tomorrow at Jeju Island.

 

“Onew told me that you didn’t give it to him”

 

“Yes because I want to give it to you personally”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun. She smiles at him and gives Kyuhyun the copy of their business proposal for their meeting with Mr. Anderson tomorrow at Jeju Island. Kyuhyun gets the folder on Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Thanks”

 

Kyuhyun smiles and opens the folder. He starts reading the business proposal carefully, reviewing it.

 

“I won’t be able to join the meeting tomorrow with Mr. Anderson at Jeju Island and I won’t attend the business expo on the following days”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun.

 

“Why? There will be a CEO party on February 1. It will be good if you can attend it. I’m going to introduce you to some of my business partners who will attend the party. It will help you and your company and you should also meet some of the members of the board of Cho International Group of Companies since you’re already my business partner”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi without staring at her. His attention is only focused on the business proposal that he’s reading.

 

“I need to go back in New York tonight because I have an emergency meeting with my other business partner about our business partnership in London at the end of the month and I have a lot of important things to finish for my company”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun, explaining why she won’t be able to attend the meeting with Mr. Anderson in Jeju Island and why she won’t attend the business expo and CEO party on February 1. Kyuhyun just nods his head.

 

“So, can I ask you again why you didn’t show up in our meeting earlier in Incheon?”

 

Seulgi asks. She actually knows the reason why Kyuhyun didn’t show his self in their meeting earlier. She’s just making some excuse, so she will be able to stay longer, be with Kyuhyun longer and to talk to him. Seulgi is just finding a right time to seduce Kyuhyun and flirt with him. She starts moving closer to Kyuhyun who didn’t notice it because he’s busy reviewing the business proposal. He’s too busy to mind Seulgi, that’s why he didn’t notice her moving closer to him and already staring at his gorgeous face and soft pinkish lips.

 

“My wife is sick. I can’t leave her alone. Since Mr. Lee will also attend the meeting, I decided not to go and just send Onew to represent me. I need to make sure that…”

 

Kyuhyun stops talking when he feels someone touching his leg. Kyuhyun looks at Seulgi. She’s slowly running her fingers on Kyuhyun’s leg up to his chest, staring to flirt with him.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he quickly grabs Seulgi’s hand and holds it tight, stopping her from what she’s doing. Seulgi just smiles at Kyuhyun and pulls her hand away from Kyuhyun’s grip. She quickly steals the folder away from Kyuhyun’s grip and drops it on the carpeted floor. Kyuhyun was shock when Seulgi sits on his lap.

 

“I know you know that I like you, so please stop pretending that you know nothing about it”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun as she starts brushing her fingers slowly on Kyuhyun’s soft pinkish lips while giving him a seductive glare. Kyuhyun holds Seulgi’s hand and removes it away from his lips.

 

“Ms. Kang, we’re talking business here. Please be professional”

 

“I know. You’re also part of my business. Don’t you know that?”

 

Seulgi asks, trying to seduce Kyuhyun.

 

“Will you please get off of me before I push you on the floor and hurt you? I’m not a gentleman and I’m not a very nice guy. I hurt and hit girls”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi, warning her while staring at her seriously. Seulgi slowly shook her head.

 

“Can you resist me?”

 

Seulgi asks. She slowly leans forward, showing her neckline to Kyuhyun. Seulgi flashes a seductive smile and slowly brushes her lips on Kyuhyun.

 

“I know you want it Kyu. I know that you’re already married, but your wife will never know. She won’t know unless you will tell her and beside, she’s a blind girl. Even if I ki—“

 

Seulgi didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Kyuhyun stands up, causing her to fall on the floor.

 

“Are you going to get out of my office or do you want me to call the security to drag you out of my company? Who told you that you can talk to my wife like that? Who told you that you can flirt with me? Do you think I’ll fall for it?”

 

Kyuhyun asks Seulgi while staring at her seriously. Kyuhyun picks the folder on the floor.

 

“I love my wife. I hate girls like you. I only love my wife and there’s no way that I’m going to cheat on her!”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi who frowns at him. Seulgi stands up.

 

“I don’t understand why you love a blind girl. You can always love me. If you want we can be together. No string attached. Your wife will never know”

 

“Do you really think that I like you or will learn to like you?”

 

Kyuhyun smirks.

 

“I will never exchange my wife to you or to any other girls out there. I’m sorry Ms. Kang, but I’m not the type of husband who easily cheats on his wife. I love my wife so much and I can never hurt her. If I were you, just leave now before you regret it”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi, shooting her an angry glare.

 

“By the way, before you go. There’s something very important that I need to tell you”

 

Kyuhyun walks towards his desk and gets the copy of the contract between his company and Seulgi’s company. He walks towards Seulgi and shows her their contract.

 

“This is the contract between our companies. Since we’re not yet doing anything and our projects are not yet starting. Well, I know that we already have plans for it, but we never start it yet…”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened when Kyuhyun tears the contract in front of her and the business proposal for the meeting tomorrow with Mr. Anderson. Kyuhyun throws everything on Seulgi’s face.

 

“I don’t want to be your business partner anymore. Cho International Group of Companies will no longer have a partnership with your company”

 

“You can’t do this to me. I can sew you. We already sign the contract”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun, feeling angry. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“I know. You can talk to my lawyer if you want. It’s just a contract. It’s true that we already sign it, but we haven’t implemented the partnership between Cho International Group of Companies and your company yet. We’re just about to start, so I can still terminate the contract and you know that”

 

Kyuhyun explains to Seulgi.

 

“So, are you still going to sew me? If you do that then you’re the one who is going to lose a lot”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi.

 

“How about Mr. Anderson? Cho International Group of Companies can’t stand alone in New York”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun, convincing him to take back his words about terminating the contract between her company and Kyuhyun’s company. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I won’t change my mind Ms. Kang. You’re trying to meddle in my personal life and you want to ruin my happy marriage life. I can’t accept that. I don’t want to have a business partner who has a bad intention. In order to avoid you, I’m just going to terminate the contract. Don’t worry because I’m smart”

 

Kyuhyun flashes a proud smile, teasing Seulgi.

 

“Dad never teaches me to go in a battle without a weapon. Do you think I have the guts to terminate the contract between your company and Cho International Group of Companies if I know that my company will never stand alone in New York?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he shook his head again.

 

“I still have Anderson Telecommunication”

 

“Mr. Anderson will surely reject you once he finds out what you did”

 

“Who told you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, raising an eyebrow.

 

“He’s already my business partner before you join us”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi before laughing at her.

 

“You’re such an arrogant man!”

 

“I never deny that. Even my wife tells me that. I’m really an arrogant man. So, if I were you, I’ll leave the  office now before I let the security to drag you out”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi.

 

“I hate you!”

 

Seulgi told Kyuhyun who smirks at her.

 

“I also hate you”

 

Kyuhyun told Seulgi, earning a slap from her. Seulgi frowns at Kyuhyun before leaving the office.

 

“LEE ONEW!!!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts, calling his secretary. Onew quickly stands up and went inside Kyuhyun’s office upon hearing him shouting his name.

 

“Yes Sir?”

 

Onew asks, feeling nervous. Kyuhyun stares at him.

 

“Tell the security not to let that girl enter my company again and please clean her mess. Aish! That girl is such an arrogant woman! I suddenly want to take revenge and slap her too”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary. Onew notices the red mark on Kyuhyun’s cheek.

 

“She slaps you?”

 

Onew asks curiously. Kyuhyun frowns and nods his head.

 

“Don’t ever let her in again”

 

“You’re the one who told me to let her in”

 

“LEE ONEW!”

 

Onew suddenly jumps when Kyuhyun raises his voice.

 

“Yes Sir. I won’t let her in again”

 

Onew told Kyuhyun. He quickly sits on his heels and starts cleaning the mess, picking the papers on the carpeted floor. Kyuhyun sighs heavily and walks towards his desk.

 

“Is the conference room 9 ready for my meeting with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang later at five in the afternoon?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Onew nods his head.

 

“Yes Sir”

 

Onew answers. Kyuhyun stares at his wrist watch to check the time; it was already four twenty.

 

“I’ll go now at conference room 9. Just bring the documents that I told you to get at Mr. Lee’s office awhile ago. I need to check my presentation for the meeting later. You can already go home after bringing the documents at conference room 9”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary. Onew stands up and looks at his boss.

 

“How about you Sir? What time are you going home for Ms. Cho’s party tonight at seven in the evening at the courtyard garden of Shilla Hotel?”

 

Onew asks his boss. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I still don’t know. But tell my wife that I’ll surely arrive in her party tonight. I’m just going to be late, but I will be there”

 

“Yes Sir”

 

Onew told his boss happily. Kyuhyun gets his laptop and USB on top of his desk.

 

“Just bring the documents at conference room 9. I’ll go ahead because I still need to do a last preparation for my meeting later”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretary. He gently pats Onew’s shoulder before going out of his office.

 

“I wonder what happen to that frog lady. Maybe my Sir rejected her, that’s why she’s frowning like a lioness”

 

Onew told his self, wondering why Seulgi is frowning like a lioness when she leaves Kyuhyun’s office.

 

“Well, that serves her right. Of course my boss won’t fall for her because he already has a wife. Ms. Cho is still better than her because Ms. Cho is a cute bunny angel not a frog lady like her”

 

Onew told his self. He laughs softly and throws the papers that he’s holding in the trash bin before leaving his boss’ office to bring the documents that Kyuhyun needs for his meeting with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang.

 

~~~

 

It was already eight in the evening, but Sungmin is still inside her hotel room at Shilla Hotel. She doesn’t want to go at the courtyard garden of the hotel and attend her party because of two reasons. First, Kyuhyun is not yet arriving for her party and second, she’s not feeling well. Sungmin can’t understand why she keeps on feeling nauseated and her head is aching. She also feels sleepy and really lazy and weak and that gives her a hard time. She’s also not in the mood to have a party because she’s feeling upset and mad because her husband is not yet showing his self for her party and Kyuhyun is not even calling or answering any of their calls. He’s not even returning their calls.

 

“Aunt, what are we going to do?”

 

Jessica asks worriedly.

 

“There are a lot of guests waiting for her. All her friends are already there. They are waiting for Min”

 

Jessica told her aunt as she starts to panic.

 

“Keep on calling Kyu”

 

Mrs. Cho told her niece.

 

“I already did. His mobile phone is already out of coverage area. Now, I’m starting to worry and Min is feeling so sad because Kyu is not yet here. Min doesn’t want to have a party anymore”

 

Jessica told Mrs. Cho sadly.

 

“What did Onew told you awhile ago? You’re talking to him and Nicole earlier, right?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks. Jessica sighs sadly.

 

“Onew told me that Kyu will be late and he doesn’t know what time Kyu will arrive here. That’s what Kyu told Onew before Onew leaves the company”

 

Jessica informs her aunt.

 

“Ok. You go back at the courtyard garden and entertain the guests. Ask Onew and Nicole if they have information about Kyu or if they know where your cousin is. I’ll talk to Minnie and see what I can do to bring her at the courtyard garden”

 

“Yes aunt”

 

Jessica told Mrs. Cho before leaving with Sungmin’s nanny and the head maid. Mrs. Cho went inside Sungmin’s hotel room. She stares at her daughter in law who looks very sad while sitting on the bed. Mrs. Cho went inside and gently closes the door.

 

“Kyu, is that you?”

 

Sungmin asks. Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“No sweetheart. It’s your mom”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin before sitting beside her, joining her daughter in law on the bed.

 

“Mom, where is Kyu? Did you already talk to him? Is he going to make it to my party or not? He told me that he will come, but until now, he’s still not here. He keeps me waiting”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law sadly. Mrs. Cho holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between her hands and gently turns it to her direction, so that Sungmin will be facing her.

 

“Kyu will come. Trust him. Your husband won’t allow you to celebrate your birthday without him because he knows that this day is important and really special for you. The guests and all your friends are all waiting for you. We need to go now”

 

Mrs. Cho told her daughter in law, hoping that Sungmin will already go with her at the courtyard garden. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I don’t want to have a party anymore. I’m sorry mom. But I’m not going with you at the courtyard garden. I’m just going to sleep. Just tell the guests and my friends that I’m sick, that’s why I can’t attend my own party”

 

Sungmin told Mrs. Cho with a mixture of sadness and anger in her voice.

 

“But sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho sighs sadly.

 

“We can’t cancel the party and we can’t tell them that you won’t be there. It’s your party and it will be ill-mannered if you won’t show up because all the guests find time to attend your party. Kyu will be here. I know he will come. He’s just going to be late. That’s what he told Onew”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin, hoping that her daughter in law change her mind and will already go with her at the courtyard garden for her party. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Why is Kyu like that mom? Is his work more important than me? Why does he always exchange me to his work? I keep on waiting for him. He told me that he will come and will arrive early for my party, but until now he’s still not here. Why is he like that?”

 

Sungmin asks as she starts to cry, making Mrs. Cho to worry a lot about her.

 

“Sweetheart, please don’t cry. Kyu will be sad. I’m sure that he’s already on his way here, so stop crying now ok”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin, wiping her daughter in law’s tears. But Sungmin didn’t stop from crying. She’s starting to hate Kyuhyun because it seems that her husband doesn’t care anymore about her and the events and things that are important to her. She’s starting to hate Kyuhyun because he always breaks his promise to her. Kyuhyun promise that he will arrive early for her party, but he’s not yet arriving at Shilla Hotel to join Sungmin in her party. Jessica arrives at the hotel room with Tiffany and Seungri. Jessica was about to go at the courtyard garden when Tiffany arrives with Seungri. Tiffany brings Seungri with her for him to talk to Sungmin, hoping that he will be able to convince Sungmin to attend her own party. Jessica walks towards Mrs. Cho and whispers something on her ear. Mrs. Cho looks at Seungri who is standing at the doorway with Tiffany. Seungri bows his head to greet Mrs. Cho who smiles at him before focusing her attention back to Sungmin.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“One of your friends is here. We’re going to leave you with him because he wants to talk to you. We’re going to wait for both of you outside. Don’t cry anymore ok. We will continue contacting Kyu. Don’t worry because I know that he will arrive. He will be here soon. Stop crying now and smile. Kyu won’t be happy if he will see you crying and you’re going to ruin your make-up”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin. She wipes Sungmin’s tears away before standing up. She and Jessica walk towards Tiffany and Seungri.

 

“Please talk to her and try to convince her to attend her own party while we try our best to contact Kyu”

 

Mrs. Cho told Seungri who nods at her.

 

“Yes Ma’am”

 

“We’re just outside. Call us whenever you need to”

 

Mrs. Cho smiles at Seungri and gently pats his cheek before going out of the room with Tiffany and Jessica.

 

“Minnie”

 

Sungmin turns her head towards Seungri’s direction.

 

“Seungri, is that you?”

 

Sungmin asks. Seungri nods his head.

 

“Yes Minnie. Can I sit beside you?”

 

Seungri asks. Sungmin wipes her tears away and nods her head. Seungri walks towards his friend and sits beside her.

 

“There are a lot of guests waiting for you at the courtyard garden. Our friends are already waiting for you. Everyone is already excited to see the birthday celebrant. Hyukkie Unnie is very eager to see you. She already wants to see her Juliet. She’s like a kid waiting for Santa Claus. Really funny. Hae Hyung is also waiting for you. He and Hyukkie Unnie are fighting over you again”

 

Seungri told Sungmin, making her laugh.

 

“OMO! I made you laugh”

 

Seungri told Sungmin while smiling brightly at her. He holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“That’s why you need to go with us now. Let’s go at the courtyard garden now because everyone is already waiting for you. This is your party and you should be happy and celebrate it”

 

“But my husband is not here to celebrate with me”

 

Sungmin told her friend. Seungri notices Sungmin’s sad expression. He cups Sungmin’s beautiful face and wipes the tears that fall from her eyes.

 

“Hyung won’t be happy if he will see you crying. What did he told you? Did he told you that he will come?”

 

Seungri asks. Sungmin nods sadly.

 

“He told me that he will be here early. But until now, he’s not yet arriving. He’s not even answering our calls awhile ago and he’s not returning any of them. I feel upset and already mad at him. I’m starting to hate Kyu because he’s always busy with his work and he always prioritizes his work more than his wife. I understand that he needs to work, but I hope he also understand that I need him too”

 

Sungmin told Seungri sadly, controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Maybe Hyung got caught up in traffic. I’m sure that he will be here. He won’t miss your party, so don’t worry anymore and don’t be sad anymore. He wants you to enjoy your party and be happy. He will come and he will arrive soon. He will never let you celebrate your birthday without him because he loves you so much. He might be late, but it doesn’t mean that he won’t come anymore. Hyung won’t miss this night because he knows that this party is very special and important to you”

 

Seungri told Sungmin, cheering her up.

 

“Instead of locking yourself here and crying, why not go with us at the courtyard garden and enjoy your party and be happy while waiting for Hyung to arrive? That’s better rather than staying here, doing nothing and just crying. Everyone did their job to give you a wonderful party and everyone find time to attend and celebrate this night with you, so don’t waste everyone’s effort”

 

Seungri told Sungmin, convincing her. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Ok. I understand. I’m sorry for keeping everyone waiting. I’m just being too sensitive, moody and really emotional lately. Maybe because I’m always tired and I’m not really feeling well today”

 

“Are you sick?”

 

Seungri asks with concern. Sungmin shook her head weakly. She manages to smile to take Seungri’s worries away.

 

“I’m fine. Are we going at the courtyard garden now?”

 

Sungmin asks, flashing her puppy eyes. Seungri nods his head. He touches Sungmin’s beautiful face and gently caresses her cheek.

 

“In one condition”

 

“What is it?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Seungri smiles brightly at the girl he loves.

 

“You need to flash your sweetest smile first and promise that you won’t be sad anymore and that you will have fun and enjoy your party tonight”

 

Seungri told his friend. Sungmin nods happily and flashes her sweetest smile.

 

“That’s better. Let’s go now and have fun and let’s party tonight”

 

Seungri told Sungmin happily. He holds Sungmin’s hands as they stand together. Seungri holds Sungmin’s hand tightly, guiding her way as they leave the room together.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin is already having fun with her friends. Mrs. Cho finally feels relief seeing her daughter in law already enjoying her party while happily greeting her guests. She’s very thankful to Seungri for convincing Sungmin to go with them at courtyard garden and celebrate her birthday happily with her friends and with all her guests. It’s already ten in the evening, but Kyuhyun is still not arriving at the party and that worries Mrs. Cho. They keep on trying to contact Kyuhyun, but his mobile phone is always out of coverage area. Mrs. Cho already sends her secretaries and three Personal Assistants to look for Kyuhyun. But they can’t found him. He’s no longer at Cho International Group of Companies. The security guard informs them that Kyuhyun leaves the company at eight in the evening and he didn’t tell him where he’s going.

 

“Seriously aunt, where is Kyu?”

 

Tiffany asks worriedly while rubbing her big tummy. She was sitting on her chair while happily eating some sweets. Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“I’m already worried. Minnie will be very sad if he will not show up. I already told him not to work today, but he still chooses to go to his office and work. He’s being too busy lately and that’s the reason why he and Minnie often fight and because of Seulgi.

 

“SEULGI?”

 

Tiffany and Siwon ask with shock expression, wondering who Seulgi is.

 

“She’s the new business partner of Kyu and Min is jealous because Kyu is always with her since they are business partners. Kyu is busy and he doesn’t have time with Min, that’s why our innocent Min is jealous and already thinking that her hubby is already dating that Seulgi girl”

 

Jessica informs Tiffany and Siwon, answering their questioning glares. Tiffany nods her head.

 

“Well, Min got a point. I mean, if I were her, I will also get jealous and think like that because my husband is always busy and doesn’t even give me some time”

 

Tiffany told them.

 

“But your cousin confess that he’s not cheating and I know that Kyu can’t do that to Minnie because he loves his wife that much and he’s already a good boy now”

 

Mrs. Cho told Tiffany.

 

“Yes aunt. I know. But it’s normal for Min to get jealous. I wish he will arrive now or else Min will cry again. It’s good that her friends manage to catch her attention, so she won’t always look for her husband. Seriously, where is Kyu?”

 

Tiffany sighs sadly and continues eating happily. Mrs. Cho gets her mobile phone inside her clutch and tries calling her son, hoping that he can already contact Kyuhyun.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Donghae and Hyuk Jae are fighting over Sungmin again. They both want to dance with Sungmin. Hyuk Jae was pulling Sungmin’s right hand while Donghae pulls Sungmin’s left hand, trying to pull her away from Hyuk Jae. But he can’t do it because Hyuk Jae was holding Sungmin’s right hand tightly. She doesn’t want to give Sungmin to Donghae and she will never ever lose to him.

 

“Yah! Let go of my baby Juliet. She’s mine. I’m the one who first court her and I’m the one who ask her first to dance with me and not you!”

 

Hyuk Jae told Donghae, trying to pull Sungmin away from Donghae, but he won’t let go of Sungmin.

 

“I told you to let her go! This girl is mine because she’s my baby Juliet. She’ my girlfriend!”

 

Hyuk Jae told Donghae while frowning at him. Donghae shook his head and hugs Sungmin’s left hand.

 

“Who told you that Minnie is yours? She’s mine. She’s my girlfriend. I’m her boyfriend and not you lesbian girl! Let her go! Minnie and I will dance”

 

“NO!”

 

“YES!”

 

Hyuk Jae and Donghae keep on fighting over Sungmin who is already feeling dizzy because of them.

 

“Unnie, Oppa, please let me go. I’m not feeling well. Stop pulling me. I’m feeling dizzy”

 

Sungmin told them, but Hyuk Jae and Donghae are too busy, that’s why they didn’t hear Sungmin. Youngwoon and Heechul pulls Hyuk Jae and Donghae away from Sungmin before they end up breaking her bones and hurting her.

 

“Stop pulling her ok. Minnie is only for Kyu Oppa. If you want to dance then let’s dance all together”

 

Youngwoon told them. He smiles at Sungmin as he and Heechul quickly pulls Hyuk Jae and Donghae with them at the dance floor, dragging them away from Sungmin, joining Zhoumi and Ryeowook on the dance floor. Sungmin holds her head because she feels dizzy. Seungri holds her tight, so she won’t fall on the ground. Seungri helps Sungmin to sit on the cahir and gives her a cold glass of water. Sungmin drinks it up in one gulp.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Seungri asks upon noticing Sungmin’s pale face. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“I just feel a bit dizzy, but I’m ok now”

 

Sungmin told Seungri, smiling at him. Seungri sits beside Sungmin.

 

“Sure?”

 

Seungri asks while staring at Sungmin worriedly. Sungmin nods her head again.

 

“Can I already give my gift for you? You see. I need to go home soon because Umma is alone in the house”

 

Seungri told Sungmin. He gets a small box inside his pocket and opens it. He gets the small silver butterfly clip and holds it in front of Sungmin.

 

“Minnie, my gift for you is not expensive. It’s just simple. I’m really sorry. I don’t have a lot of money to buy expensive gift”

 

Seungri told Sungmin, feeling shy. Sungmin shook her head and holds Seungri’s hands, making him blush a little.

 

“Don’t say that Seungri-ah. I don’t need expensive gift. You know that I always appreciate things no matter how small it is. So, what is your gift for me?”

 

Sungmin asks excitedly. Seungri smiles brightly and puts the clip on Sungmin’s hair.

 

“It’s a silver butterfly hairclip”

 

Seungri told Sungmin. He touches Sungmin’s right hand and places it on the clip, allowing her to touch it. The clip is just simple, but beautiful and it suits Sungmin’s beauty.

 

“This is beautiful”

 

“I remember when we’re in high school. You told our biology teacher that you love butterflies because your mom told you that butterflies are beautiful and they are happy whenever they fly. You also wish to become a butterfly and fly freely”

 

Seungri told Sungmin, remembering some of their high school memories. Sungmin smiles and nods her head happily.

 

“Wow! You still remember that. It was a long time ago. Our classmates laugh at me, but it’s ok. They always laugh at me whenever I’m speaking and they always think that everything that I will say is nonsense”

 

“That’s because they are insecure with you because you’re so smart and you always top every subject”

 

“Seungri…”

 

Sungmin flashes a sweet smile. Seungri was shock when Sungmin hugs him. His heart starts beating fast, enjoying the moment and Sungmin’s arms around him. He also wraps his arms around Sungmin, hugging her as well.

 

“Thanks for coming to my party tonight and thank you for the beautiful butterfly hairclip. I know that it’s simple, but it’s beautiful. I’m really happy. Thank you so much. See you in school on Monday. Don’t forget to study for our short exam in Introduction to Broadcasting”

 

Sungmin told Seungri happily.

 

“Ok. See you on Monday and Happy Birthday. I enjoy this night with you even though I just stay for a short time”

 

Seungri happily told Sungmin while hugging her tight. Kyuhyun finally arrives at his wife’s party. He looks tired, but still very gorgeous in his formal clothes. He was holding a very beautiful bouquet of pink peonies, carnation, lilies and roses.

 

“Finally!”

 

Mrs. Cho hugs her son.

 

“You made us worry about you that much. Where have you been? We keep on contacting you, but your mobile phone is always out of coverage area”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son, frowning at him.

 

“I’m sorry mom. I didn’t want to worry all of you. I forgot to charge my phone yesterday night. My meeting with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang finished at eight in the evening. I immediately leave the company after the meeting and drive straight at The Flower Paradise to get the bouquet that I order for my wife. I need to go home and take a bath and change into my formal clothes. It’s a bit traffic. I’m so tired”

 

Kyuhyun told them, explaining why he’s late.

 

“Where is my baby?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho points her finger on Sungmin’s direction. Kyuhyun suddenly frowns upon seeing his wife and Seungri hugging each other.

 

“You let her be with him?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, feeling jealous.

 

“Yah! Stop being jealous ok. Be thankful that Seungri manages to convince your wife to show up in her party and enjoy this night. She’s feeling upset because of you. I already told you not to work. You told her that you will be here early for her party, but you’re late”

 

Mrs. Cho told Kyuhyun, reprimanding him. Kyuhyun just sighs and starts walking towards Sungmin and Seungri’s direction because he can no longer take seeing his wife hugging other man.

 

“Baby, I’m here”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he stands beside them. Seungri quickly let go of Sungmin upon hearing Kyuhyun. He looks at Kyuhyun and stands up.

 

“Hyung, I’m just saying my goodbye to Minnie and thanking her for inviting me here in her party”

 

Seungri explains. Kyuhyun just ignores him.

 

“Minnie, I’m going now. See you on Monday”

 

Seungri told his friend. Sungmin nods her head and smiles at Seungri.

 

“Ok. You take care on your way home. Thanks for your gift and for coming. Bye Seungri”

 

“Bye Minnie”

 

Seungri looks at Kyuhyun and bows at him before leaving the party. Kyuhyun sits on Seungri’s chair and stares at Sungmin who is already frowning.

 

“Awhile ago when you’re talking to him, you’re smiling. But now, you’re frowning because you’re already dealing with me. I think you’re being unfair. I’m jealous”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin didn’t speak.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m late”

 

Kyuhyun apologizes, but Sungmin ignores him.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun puts down the beautiful bouquet that he’s holding on top of the table. He holds Sungmin’s hands. Sungmin pulls her hands away from her husband’s grip, but Kyuhyun quickly grabs it and holds it tight.

 

“Baby, please…”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses his wife’s hands.

 

“I’m sorry. I know that you’re mad at me because I promise to be here early. I’m sorry because I’m late. I didn’t want to be late for your party. My meeting with Mr. Im and Mr. Jang finished at eight in the evening. After the meeting, I drive straight at The Flower Paradise to get the bouquet that I order for you. I go home and take a bath and wear my formal clothes. It’s a bit traffic. I’m really sorry. Please don’t get mad at me anymore”

 

Kyuhyun explains. Sungmin’s eyes start getting teary because of anger towards her husband.

 

“You just have a date with her”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“Min…”

 

Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“To tell you the truth, I already terminate my contract with Seulgi’s company. She’s no longer my business partner”

 

Kyuhyun informs his wife. Sungmin was shock on what she heard.

 

“Why? I didn’t tell you to do that. I know that you know that I’m jealous with her, but…”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“You don’t need to do that. You need to have a lot of business partners in New York for the expansion of the company there”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, worrying about her husband and the company.

 

“It’s ok. I still have Mr. Anderson. It’s not my lost. It’s her lost. Dad has a lot of business partners in New York. I can have a deal with them. You see. I terminate the contract because she’s trying to flirt with me and seduce me. She wants me to cheat on you. She wants to ruin my happy marriage life with you”

 

Kyuhyun informs his wife as he shook his head.

 

“I don’t want to work with the person who has a bad intention towards me. I’m not going to exchange you with her. I told you that I’m a good boy now and I don’t want to hurt you”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He gets the beautiful bouquet on top of the table and puts it on his wife’s lap. Sungmin smiles as she runs her fingers on the flowers.

 

“This is for me?”

 

Sungmin asks happily. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes baby. Everything is pink. It’s pink peonies, carnation, lilies and roses. It’s very beautiful like you”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while staring at Sungmin happily. Sungmin was very beautiful on her white glossy fabric gown with bodice cut-outs and a thigh high leg slit. Her hair is wavy and she has a butterfly hairclip on the right side of her hair; it was the hairclip that Seungri gave her as a birthday present.

 

“Seungri gave me a beautiful hairclip. It’s his birthday gift for me”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, touching the hairclip on her hair.

 

“Are you still mad at me?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin can sense tiredness in her husband’s voice. Sungmin puts down the bouquet on top of the table.

 

“Kyu, please move closer to me”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stands up and holds Sungmin’s hands to help her stand.

 

“Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he wraps his arms around his wife’s waist, pulling her on him.

 

“I want to see you”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She closes her eyes and starts running her hands gently on her husband’s gorgeous face. Sungmin suddenly stops touching Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face when she feels warm tears falling from her husband’s eyes that are closed. Sungmin slowly opens her eyes.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly, wiping Kyuhyun’s tears away. Kyuhyun shook his head and slowly opens his eyes. He hugs Sungmin.

 

“I’m just sad because I thought that we can already give you eyesight before your birthday party, so you will be able to see on this day”

 

Kyuhyun whispers sadly. Sungmin wraps her arms around her husband, hugging him.

 

“Don’t be sad Kyu or else I’ll cry. It’s ok if I still can’t see. The most important thing is you’re here with me and you’re not leaving me alone. I told you that your love for me is my light through the darkness and it’s ok for me if I wouldn’t be able to see anymore as long as we’re together. That matters most. Please don’t be sad anymore ok”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She suddenly holds her head because it’s aching again and at the same time she’s feeling a bit dizzy again.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin tightly, making sure that she will not fall.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly.

 

“My head is aching again and I’m a bit dizzy. I’m already tired and sleepy. Can we go in our hotel room now and take a rest?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stares at his wife worriedly. He notices that Sungmin is still pale even though she has make-up. Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun and rests her head on her husband’s chest.

 

“Let’s go now Kyu. I know that you just arrive and you still want to have a party with the CEOs that are present here and with your friends. But I want us to take a rest now. Please don’t leave me. I want you”

 

“You want me?”

 

Kyuhyun ask. Sungmin nods. Kyuhyun stares at his wife curiously.

 

“Why is my innocent baby being naughty all of a sudden? I thought you’re sick?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, teasing his wife. Sungmin blush a little.

 

“I want you Kyu. Let’s go in our hotel room now ok”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles and carries his wife like a bride.

 

“Ok. Let’s make our baby now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her smile. He kisses Sungmin’s lips and sneaks out of the venue with his wife.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun sits on the bed and gives his wife a glass of water and Tylenol that he asks from the head maid. Sungmin drinks it, hoping that her headache will go away soon and that she will already feel better. Kyuhyun gets the empty glass on Sungmin’s hand and puts it down on top of the bedside table. He gently flicks his wife’s forehead.

 

“Tell me Min. How are we supposed to make our baby if you’re not feeling well?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, teasing Sungmin.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun.

 

“It’s ok. I’m not mad. Maybe we can do it on my birthday. That will be a best birthday present from you. I hope we can already be successful in making our baby. I’m feeling really envious of Siwon Hyung. I also want to be a father soon just like him”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as they lay down on the bed. Sungmin rests her head on her husband’s chest. Kyuhyun wraps his arms around his wife, hugging her.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu. Are you already disappointed with me?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly. Kyuhyun shook his head. and softly kisses Sungmin’s forehead,

 

“Shhhh, don’t think like that. You’re just going to stress yourself. Our baby will arrive at the right time. We just need to keep trying and wait for him patiently”

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin holds Kyuhyun’s free hand and puts it on her tummy.

 

“I already want us to have a baby. I hope he already arrive soon. I’m feeling envious of Fany Unnie. Her tummy is really big and I can feel her baby moving inside her tummy. I also want that. I want a baby in my tummy as well. Maybe when I’m already pregnant, you will already give me time and attention all the time and you wouldn’t ignore me anymore”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, feeling upset.

 

“You see. You’re always busy. You never care about me anymore. We no longer see each other that much because there are days wherein you need to stay in your office or in a hotel near your office. We don’t go out anymore and you’re always working, forgetting about me. I understand that you need to work, but I hope you also understand that I also need you”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, telling him how she really feels.

 

“You’re going to leave again tomorrow at four in the morning”

 

“I won’t be gone for a long time. I’ll be back in Seoul on February 2 in the evening. I can take you with me in Jeju because you have school. We’re going to celebrate my birthday together”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin nods her head.

 

“What do you want on your birthday? I’m going to cook for you”

 

“No need. Let’s just have a date. I want to spend that day alone with you. Is that ok?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“How about mom and your cousins?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously.

 

“I can celebrate my birthday with them on the next day. What I want for my birthday is to be with you the whole day…just you and me…us…together. Is that ok with you baby Min?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin smiles and nods her head.

 

“Ok. I won’t argue since it’s your birthday. You’re free to choose what you want on your birthday. But let me bake a cake for you ok”

 

“You’re just going to tire yourself and you might hurt yourself”

 

“No”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’m used to it and you’re going to help me. You’ll be my assistant ok”

 

Sungmin told her husband happily. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Ok baby. No problem. I already have an idea for my birthday. It’s a secret first. You’ll just know it on my birthday”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife happily.

 

“Min…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Sungmin yawns, feeling sleepy.

 

“Are you going to sleep now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head slowly.

 

“Can I? I’m really feeling sleepy”

 

“You’re always sleeping. Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head and yawns again.

 

“I don’t know. I just want to sleep all the time. Let’s sleep now ok”

 

“I need to tell you something first”

 

“What is it Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks as she slowly closes her eyes, feeling very sleepy…really sleepy.

 

“We’re going to fly in Sydney…all of us. I just need to finish important things for the company and you still need to finish your school before we fly in Sydney”

 

“Why?”

 

Sungmin asks before yawning again. Kyuhyun smiles brightly.

 

“Because we’re to see an eye doctor for you. He’s Doctor Lee’s brother. Apparently, he’s the ex-boyfriend of Jess”

 

Kyuhyun happily informs Sungmin.

 

“Really? I didn’t know that Jessica Unnie’s ex-boyfriend is Doctor Lee’s brother. Does Jessica Unnie know about it? That we’re all flying in Sydney to look for her ex-boyfriend?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun nods.

 

“Yes baby. I already talk to her about it and she will help us”

 

“That’s good. I hope her ex-boyfriend is still single, so Jessica Unnie still has a chance. I also want to see Jessica Unnie happy with someone. She deserves to be happy and to have a loving boyfriend”

 

Sungmin happily told her husband. She suddenly gets up.

 

“Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Kyu, please accompany me inside the bathroom. I’m going to pee again”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“You keep on peeing”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before standing. He holds his wife’s hands, helping her to stand up. He went inside the bathroom with Sungmin to accompany her and help her pee.

 

“Baby, let’s see a doctor on February 4 ok. I want to make sure that you’re fine because you still look pale and it seems that you’re sick”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin worriedly while staring at his wife who is sitting on the toilet bowl, peeing. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Kyu, I’m done”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun holds her hand to help her stand. He helps Sungmin wear her and flashes the toilet before they go back inside their room. Kyuhyun helps Sungmin to lay down on the bed.

 

“Let’s sleep now Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun nods and lay down beside Sungmin. He grabs the blanket and covers their bodies. He hugs his wife tightly.

 

“Sleep now baby. Good night. See you in dreamland. Sleep tight. I love you baby”

 

“I love you too Kyu”

 

Sungmin smiles when Kyuhyun kisses her. She hugs Kyuhyun and slowly closes her eyes when Kyuhyun starts singing a lullaby for her to be able to sleep.

 

~~~

 

*SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA...1AM*

 

 

Joon was sitting inside his office at home, reviewing the medical records of one of his patients that will undergo a surgery next week when his mobile phone rings. He gets it on top of his desk and stares on the caller’s name. His younger sister is calling.

 

“Yeoboeseo”

 

Joon answers the phone.

 

“OPPA!!!!”

 

Soon-kyu shouts at the top of her lungs.

 

“Yah Lee Soon-kyu! Why are you shouting like hell?”

 

Joon asks as he frowns.

 

“Oppa, where the hell have you been? I keep on calling you, but you’re not answering my calls and you’re not even returning any of it! You see. I need to talk to you because I’ve got something to tell you and it’s very important”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, frowning because that’s the only time that her brother answers her call.

 

“I’m sorry little sister. I went in Jakarta for a medical mission. I just arrive yesterday. I decided to leave my mobile phone because I don’t want someone to disturb me while I’m doing the medical mission in Jakarta. I want to concentrate on that you know. So, tell me now little sister. What is that important thing that you want to tell me? Is it about Umma and Appa? Are they disturbing you again, insisting that I should go in Seoul and visit them when they can always go here in Sydney and stay with me?”

 

Joon asks. Soon-kyu shook her head.

 

“It’s not like that Oppa. You see. I have a patient here in Seoul who has LCA. Her husband wants her to see. Please help me…help us. I want to give her a chance to see the world and see herself and her husband as well as the people around her”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, hoping that Joon can help her. Joon sighs and puts down his pen on top of his desk.

 

“Why me? You have a lot of friends who are also an eye doctor and you can ask someone you know. I’m busy and you know that”

 

Joon told his younger sister. It’s not that he doesn’t want to handle a LCA case since it’s a bit complicated to treat and hard to study. It’s just that, he’s really busy because he has a lot of patients who will undergo an eye surgery and he’s not really sure if he can focus on Sungmin’s case.

 

“I don’t know if I can focus on your patient’s case. There’s no treatment in LCA. How old is she?”

 

Joon asks curiously.

 

“Nineteen years old”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Joon shouts as he feels worried.

 

“It will be very impossible for us to treat a LCA in her age. It’s already too late. Why not tell them the truth? Gene therapy will no longer work on her and so far, that’s the only medical procedure for a person who is suffering from LCA. I know that we have advance technologies, but it’s still hard. Just tell her the truth that she will forever be blind rather than giving her false hope. That’s much painful you know”

 

Joon told his sister, explaining his opinion very carefully. Soon-kyu sighs sadly as she stares at Sungmin’s medical records.

 

“I know Oppa. But please, give it a try. I don’t want to give up the fight for her. I know that she will be able to see and you’re the one who is going to help her. You’re the one who is going to give her hope, so please…just try. There’s nothing wrong if you study her case. If you’re really busy and you really can’t focus on her case then ask someone who can study my patient’s case, so we would be able to find the best treatment for her. I want her to see and you’re the one who told me that doctors should give hope no matter what happen and we should keep fighting for our patients and we must not lose the battle that easy”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother, convincing Joon to agree on her idea that he should study Sungmin’s case or just asks someone who will handle Sungmin’s case if he’s really too busy and if he really can’t attend to it properly.

 

“I already send her medical records and history in your email as well as the results of all the tests that we perform on her when she has her eye check-up with me. Please Oppa. Please help her. You’re her hope. Give her chance to see the light and the world…please. If I need to beg for her then I’m going to do that”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother, begging him. She’s really hoping that her older brother will say yes and accept Sungmin’s case because Soon-kyu thinks that her brother can give Sungmin a hope to see the world and have her eyesight. Joon thinks for the meantime. He thinks about it very carefully before committing his self on it. Joon nods his head, agreeing to his sister.

 

“Ok. I’ll review and study her case and see what I can do”

 

Joon told his sister, making her feel happy.

 

“YES!”

 

Soon-kyu shouts happily.

 


“Thank you so much Oppa. I’m going to contact her husband soon and tell him about it”

 

Soon-kyu informs her brother happily. Joon nods his head.

 

“Ok. Let’s just call each other and discuss her case. I remember that there will doctor’s conference on Thursday until Saturday. Maybe I can bring the records with me, so I can discuss it with other doctors and see what we can do for her”

 

Joon told his sister happily. Soon-kyu nods happily.

 

“Thank you so much Oppa. I’m sure that the couple will be very happy about it. You’re an angel”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother happily.

 

“I need to go now because I’m already going home. It’s already late here and of course there. You sleep after finishing what you’re doing. See you soon Oppa. I love you”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother with a smile on her lips before hanging up. Joon opens his laptop to check his email. He opens the message of Soon-kyu to him. Joon downloaded all the documents that his little sister sends to him. Joon opens the documents and reads it.

 

“Cho Sungmin. Nineteen years old. Married. Husband’s name, Cho Kyuhyun…”

 

Joon stops reading Sungmin’s personal information.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun…what a very small world huh? I didn’t know that Jess’s cousin is already married. So, Suuny’s patient is Kyuhyun-shi’s wife”

 

Joon told his self as he slowly nods his head.

 

“Are we going to see each other again Jess after long years? How are you right now? Never heard anything from you for long years. I bet you’re already married now”

 

Joon told his self, thinking about his ex-girlfriend. Joon just smiles and starts reading Sungmin’s medical history and records as well as the results of all the tests that Soon-kyu perform on Sungmin when she had her check-up in Soon-kyu’s clinic. Joon prints a copy for him, so he can review and study Sungmin’s case very carefully and he can bring it with him all the time. Joon gets his mobile phone and calls someone.

 

“Yes Doctor Lee?”

 

Joon smiles upon hearing the voice of one of his fellow doctors.

 

“Doctor Bang, I’m going to send something in your email”

 

Joon told his fellow doctor as he sends Sungmin’s records in Cheol yong’s email address.

 

“I want you to review and study the case of Ms. Cho Sungmin. She’s from Seoul, South Korea. She’s my younger sister’s patients and she has LCA. Soon-kyu wants to help her to see”

 

“But Doctor Lee, there’s still no possible treatment for LCA than gene therapy. But gene therapy is not always successful”

 

Cheol yong told Joon.

 

“I know. That’s why we will study her case first. Maybe we can find a little hope even though it’s really impossible since LCA is really hard to cure since there’s really no cure for it. Cornea transplant is not even a solution. Let’s see what we can do. There’s nothing wrong if we will study her case”

 

Joon told Cheol yong, convincing him. Cheol yong nods his head.

 

“Ok. Count me in. I’ll help you with it and I also want to give the patient a hope that she will be able to see…even just a little hope”

 

Cheol yong told his good friend. Joon nods his head happily and smile.

 

“We can bring up her case at the doctor’s conference on Thursday-Saturday. We can ask some help and opinion from different doctors all over the world”

 

“You can call a meeting tomorrow Doctor Lee. Our team can discuss about her case”

 

“Oh yes! That’s a good idea Doctor Bang”

 

Joon flashes a smile. He can already feel that he can give Sungmin eyesight and he’s feeling really positive about it.

 

“Ok. Let’s see each other tomorrow. We can have our meeting at seven in the evening. I’ll also send other doctors a copy of Lee Sungmin’s case and of course I’m going to send the members of our team as well. Just please call them for me and inform them that we’re going to have a meeting tomorrow at seven in the evening, inside the conference room 4 to discuss about Lee Sungmin’s case and the chances and possibilities to give her eyesight and cure her LCA”

 

Joon told Cheol yong.

 

“No problem Joon. See you tomorrow. Let’s do our best”

 

“Yes we will do our best. Let’s give her hope that she will be able to see someday”

 

Joon told Cheol yong before hanging up.

 

“I hope I can be successful on this, so she can have her eyesight someday”

 

Joon whispers. He focuses his attention back on his laptop and starts sending Sungmin’s records to other doctors for them to be able to study Sungmin’s case very carefully and find ways to help her have her eyesight.