LOVE IS NOT BLIND (Chapter 30)

LOVE IS NOT BLIND

Chapter 30

 

 

*SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA*

 

 

Joon was sitting inside his clinic, busily studying Sungmin’s eye x-ray while talking to his little sister over the phone.

 

“Oppa, did you already find an effective treatment for my patient to cure her LCA?”

 

Soon-kyu asks her brother. Joon sighs and starts scanning Sungmin’s medical records that he just file in one folder yesterday night before he goes to sleep.

 

“The medical records that you gave me is not complete”

 

Joon told his sister.

 

“Of course not Oppa. I send everything in your email”

 

“But you didn’t include what type of LCA she has. How will I know if there’s still a very small chance for her to be able to see again if you didn’t even include what type of LCA does your patient has? There are eleven types of LCA Sunny and I don’t have a power to guess which is which. You didn’t even test the different parts of the eye. You just test it as a whole. You’re making it hard for me Sunny”

 

Joon informs his sister.

 

“But the previous medical records that her husband gave me resulted as an LCA. I just double check it and it’s really positive. She has an LCA and that eye disease is hard to be cured. She supposed to undergo an eye surgery when she was twelve for her to be able to see, but she didn’t. I can no longer think of a possible treatment for her. That’s why I pass the case to you”

 

Sunny explains herself, making her older brother frown.

 

“Seriously Lee Soon-kyu, I think you must go back in school and study a lot because you’re being too careless and doctors are not like that. How can you just rely on your patients’ old medical records? Aish! I’m expecting you to do good, but what the hell is this? Very disappointing”

 

Joon told his younger sister, reprimanding her with great disappointment in his voice. He can’t believe that Soon-kyu will just rely on Sungmin’s old medical records, that’s why she didn’t check her very carefully and didn’t bother to know what type of LCA does Sungmin has.

 

“I didn’t even have the chance to present Ms. Cho’s case in the doctor’s conference because the information is not complete. How are we going to figure out on what kind of treatment should we use in order to cure her blindness?”

 

“But it’s an LCA”

 

“YES IT’S AN LCA!!!”

 

Joon raises his voice because of anger. He’s already tired and really stress out because of studying Sungmin’s case and then his little sister will just add up.

 

“You’re a doctor and you must know how to give hope to your patient even though the case is very impossible to be cured! I know that an LCA has no cure! But we can always find ways on how to cure it because there’s a lot of new technologies today in curing blindness and that include LCA because there are types of LCA that are still curable!”

 

Joon told his little sister, feeling a bit angry and really disappointed on her.

 

“You already know that it’s an LCA. You supposed to check the eye carefully, including its parts. But you didn’t do that. You just perform a test to make sure that her eye disease is really an LCA. You’re being too careless. It’s good that you pass the case to me or else your patient will really be blind forever unless they decided to see another eye doctor”

 

Joon told his little sister. He sighs heavily, giving Soon-kyu an impression that he’s disappointed to her. He really wants his sister to feel it, so she will learn her lesson and won’t be too careless next time.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa”

 

“Can your sorry save your patient and give her eyesight? I hope you won’t be too careless again with your patients”

 

Joon told his sister, still feeling disappointed on her. He scans his ipad to check his schedules.

 

“I’ll be in Seoul next week, Saturday with some of my fellow doctors. We will be the one who will check Ms. Cho. Please inform her and her husband”

 

Joon inform his sister. Soon-kyu nods her head.

 

“Yes Oppa. See you next week”

 

“Ok. See you”

 

Joon told his little sister before hanging up.

 

“I can’t believe that my sister will be too careless like that…very disappointing”

 

Joon sighs heavily. He grabs the cordless phone on top of his desk and calls his secretary.

 

“Yes Doctor Lee?”

 

“Please go inside my clinic now. I need to tell you something”

 

Joon told his secretary before hanging up. After few seconds, Joon heard a soft knock on the door.

 

“Please come in”

 

Joon’s secretary opens the door and went inside. She closes the door before walking towards Joon.

 

“Yes doctor, what can I do for you?”

 

Joon’s secretary asks him.

 

“I want you to call Doctor Bang and Doctor Jung. Tell them that we’re going to fly in Seoul next week. We’re leaving on Friday at two in the afternoon. We will go there to see Ms. Cho Sungmin and check her for her upcoming eye surgery since the information that my sister gave me about Ms. Cho’s eye disease is incomplete, we need to see her and check her for us to find ways on how to cure her blindness”

 

Joon informs his secretary.

 

“No problem Doctor Lee. I’ll tell it to them. Anything else?”

 

Joon’s secretary asks. Joon shook his head and smiles at his secretary.

 

“That’s all. Thank you”

 

Joon’s secretary bows at him before leaving his clinic. Joon stares at the picture on top of his desk. He gets the picture frame.

 

“Are we going to see each other when I arrive in Seoul since my patient is your cousin in law?”

 

Joon asks while staring at the picture of him and Jessica.

 

“What am I thinking?”

 

Joon asks his self.

 

“Of course I agree to be Cho Sungmin’s doctor because I want to help her have her eyesight and not because I find out that she’s my ex-girlfriend’s cousin in law”

 

Joon told his self and sighs.

 

“I need to concentrate now”

 

Joon puts down the picture frame back on top of his desk and continues studying Sungmin’s case though the information that his little sister gave him is incomplete.

 

~~~

 

*THE BAUME COUTURE BOUTIQUE HOTEL, JEJU ISLAND*

 

 

Kyuhyun frowns hard while staring at his wife who is still lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. It’s already eleven in the morning and he keeps on waking Sungmin, but she doesn’t want to wake up. His plan for romantic breakfast didn’t happen anymore because Sungmin didn’t wake up early and he doesn’t want his plan for lunch and his entire plan on his birthday be ruined because of his wife’s laziness. Kyuhyun can’t understand why his wife is being too lazy lately and really moody. His mother keeps on telling him about that since he’s not in Seoul the past few days because he has work to attend in Jeju Island. He supposed to be back on February 1 in Seoul, but that didn’t happen. He needs to extend his stay in Jeju Island because of meetings and the much awaited Executive Awarding which will happen on the day of his birthday. Kyuhyun decided that his wife will just fly in Jeju Island after her school on February 2, so he will be able to be with her and spend his birthday with her. Kyuhyun plan a lot of things on his birthday before he and Sungmin prepare their selves for the Executive Awarding on that night, but unfortunately, Sungmin just keep sleeping. She keeps on sleeping and really lazy since she arrives in Jeju Island yesterday night. Sungmin just eat and then sleep and then disturb Kyuhyun during midnight just to eat and then she will sleep again and will wake up whenever she wants.

 

“Cho Sungmin, I’m telling you! I’m really going to hate you if you will not get up now! As in now!”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while frowning at her. Sungmin didn’t move. She just keep on sleeping and ignore her husband.

 

“Seriously…”

 

Kyuhyun sighs heavily. He sits beside Sungmin and holds her forehead.

 

“I’m not sick Kyu. I’m just sleepy. Please give me enough time to sleep. Don’t disturb me ok”

 

Sungmin told her husband, making him frown again.

 

“Give you enough time to sleep?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Let me tell you this Cho Sungmin. You’ve been sleeping for like one hundred years already. Why are you so lazy? Mom told me that you keep on missing your classes the past few days because you’re being lazy. There are times wherein you’re just going to attend your afternoon class. What is wrong with you? Just tell me if you don’t want to go to school anymore, so I won’t waste my money paying your tuition”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife with a bit of anger in his voice. Sungmin ignores him.

 

“CHO SUNGMIN, I’M TALKING TO YOU! DON’T IGNORE ME LIKE THIS!”

 

Kyuhyun raises his voice, feeling annoyed because his wife is ignoring him as if she didn’t hear anything.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin runs her hand on the soft mattress, searching for her husband’s hand. Sungmin stops when she touches it. She holds it tight.

 

“You lay down beside me”

 

Sungmin commanded.

 

“What if I don’t want?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, controlling his remaining temper.

 

“Then I’m going to cry”

 

Sungmin threatens Kyuhyun. She knows that her husband can’t resist her. Kyuhyun just sighs and accept his defeat. He doesn’t want to argue with Sungmin because he knows that his wife will just end up crying and he doesn’t want that to happen. Kyuhyun lay down beside his wife and stares at her beautiful face and notices her being pale, just a little.

 

“You’re pale again”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, feeling worried about his wife. Sungmin moves closer to Kyuhyun and hugs him tight, burying her beautiful face on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Let’s stay like this. I want you to cuddle me in your arms. Just stay closer to me all the time because I always want you to be near me. You will go home with me tomorrow, right?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“Kyu, please spend some time with me. Stop being busy. I already miss you that much. I’m always sleeping at night without you and I’m also eating my breakfast, lunch and dinner without you”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly, hoping that Kyuhyun will already go home in Seoul with her and will stop being busy with his work for the meantime because she needs Kyuhyun that much. Sungmin always look for her husband lately even though she knows that Kyuhyun is in Jeju Island, working. She will always look for him and will tell her mother in law that she wants Kyuhyun. Mrs. Cho keeps on worrying about Sungmin because she will end up crying if Kyuhyun won’t be beside her and she won’t eat anymore because of feeling sad and upset. Everyone in the Cho mansion is really worried about Sungmin and that’s why Mrs. Cho keeps on begging her son not to be busy always and give his wife some time, so Sungmin won’t be like that.

 

“Eat? Mom told me that you’re not eating, especially in the morning and sometimes at night. You’re stressing the people at home because you’re acting like a brat and why do you always need to cry whenever I’m not beside you? Do you really need to demand for me all the time? Mom is worrying so much about you. Why are you being a hard headed brat huh?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, frowning again.

 

“That’s because I need you. I don’t know why and I can’t understand myself why I always want you to be beside me. Maybe because you don’t spend your time with me and you’re always away from me”

 

“I need to work and there are times wherein we can’t be together all the time and you need to understand that. Stop being childish Min because you’re already nineteen years old and married”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, reprimanding her.

 

“Kyu, please don’t get mad at me anymore ok”

 

“I’m not mad. I’m just reprimanding you because I want you to know that you’re becoming a brat and you’re worrying the people around you, especially mom”

 

“Sorry”

 

Sungmin whispers sadly. Kyuhyun feels guilty for being grumpy towards his wife when he heard her sad voice.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun cups Sungmin’s beautiful face. He looks at her. Sungmin’s eyes are still closed. It’s because, Sungmin is feeling dizzy and she doesn’t want to tell it to Kyuhyun because she’s afraid that her husband will bring her to the hospital and Sungmin is afraid of hospitals and doctors.

 

“Sorry for being grumpy. It’s just that…well…”

 

Kyuhyun sighs and softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

 

“I have a lot of plans for this day because it’s my birthday. But it seems that I won’t be able to do all of it because you don’t want to wake up. You see. I’m just upset because it seems that you didn’t want to celebrate my birthday with me. You see. I ask my PA to bring you here after your school yesterday because I want to be with you on this day as I celebrate my 25th birthday and I have romantic plans for both of us.  I guess, you don’t want to join me”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling really sad because he’s thinking that Sungmin doesn’t want to spend his birthday with her that’s why she’s just making excuses. But what Kyuhyun doesn’t know is that Sungmin is really not feeling well lately and she’s feeling something strange going on with her…things that she can’t even explain and things that she never experience before. Sungmin is actually confused and scared because she thinks that there’s something wrong with her and she’s thinking that she has a very serious illness and that she will die soon. She can’t understand why she’s being too lazy and always dizzy and nauseated, especially in the morning. Her appetite is not normal compare before and there are times wherein she always want to eat and she’s craving for something and that something is no other than her husband, Cho Kyuhyun. Sungmin doesn’t know why she always wants Kyuhyun to be with her and that’s why she always cry because Kyuhyun is always busy and not going home because of work. Sungmin wants her husband and she wants Kyuhyun because she’s scared on the strange things that she’s experiencing. She just doesn’t want to tell it to anyone, not even to her husband because she knows that they will bring her to the hospital and Sungmin doesn’t want that. Aside from craving for something, she also experience throwing up. She once throws up when she’s in school. But she didn’t tell it to anyone, not even to her friends because she doesn’t want to worry them.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin slowly opens her eyes and touches her husband’s gorgeous face. Sungmin’s touch always melts Kyuhyun’s heart.

 

“I’m sorry. I want to spend this important day with you. But can we just please stay here in our hotel and let me sleep some more? You see…I’m feeling really lazy. Please understand. I just want to stay on bed the whole day”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before closing her eyes and hides her beautiful face on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Just go back in Seoul ok. I’ll call Onew and tell him to get a ticket for you back in Seoul. One of my personal assistants will just accompany you back in Seoul. I’ll tell mom that you’re going back in Seoul today”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, feeling angry towards his wife.

 

“But Kyu…”

 

“I’m only asking for this day Min. Today is my birthday. This is the only time that we can go out together and have a husband and wife bonding time because I’ve been very busy lately. If you don’t want to spend my birthday with me then you’re free to go. Just stop making excuses ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he gets off of the bed.

 

“Yah! Are you really not going to get up? Are you just going to sleep like a pig the whole day?”

 

Kyuhyun asks irritatingly. Sungmin didn’t answer.

 

“Fine. I’ll just spend my birthday alone!”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling upset, sad and angry at the same time. He goes inside the bathroom to take a bath. He shut the door so loud, indicating that he’s mad at his wife. Sungmin slowly gets up and sits on the bed. She runs her hands on the soft mattress, looking for something. She puts her hands under her pillow and found her talking wrist watch. Sungmin presses the talk button to know the time.

 

“It’s now twelve noon”

 

Sungmin puts her talking wrist watch under her pillow after hearing the time. She holds her head, feeling really dizzy again.

 

“What’s wrong with me? Aigoo! I think I’m going to die really soon. Do I have a serious illness? Why am I experiencing strange things lately?”

 

Sungmin asks herself, feeling nervous and scared.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin calls her husband’s name. Her voice is too soft because she doesn’t have that strength to shout or to make her voice loud because she’s feeling weak.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin calls her husband’s name again. She wants Kyuhyun to hug her because she’s feeling scared because of what she’s feeling on that moment.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin slowly crawls on the bed. She was about to stand up when she feels like throwing up. Sungmin holds and try her best to hold it back. She closes her eyes and calms herself.

 

“Should I tell Kyu about those strange things that I’m experiencing lately or not? If I tell him, he will bring me to the hospital and I’m scared. I think I will just keep it by myself and just pretend that I’m fine even though I’m going to die soon because I have a very serious illness”

 

Sungmin told herself, feeling sad all of a sudden. She feels sad because she’s still not yet ready to die and she doesn’t want to leave her husband. She wipes the tears that fall down from her eyes.

 

“I must not cry. I must be strong for him and spend my remaining days happily with him. Today is his birthday. I need to do something to make it special for him. I should stop being lazy because I can feel him being upset because of me”

 

Sungmin starts thinking of a way to make it up to her husband for being lazy and ruining his plans on his birthday and for getting angry with her. She suddenly smiles and snaps her fingers happily.

 

“I know!”

 

Sungmin slowly nods her head.

 

“I’m going to cook a delicious lunch for him. I can do it because Umma teach me how to cook and I can still cook even though I’m blind”

 

Sungmin proudly told herself. She slowly opens her eyes when she feels that her world is no longer spinning.

 

“I’m sure that Kyu will love my dishes and he won’t get mad at me anymore”

 

Sungmin happily told herself. She carefully gets off of the bed and gets her long cane on top of the bedside table. She unfolds it and carefully leaves the room to go at the kitchen and cook delicious lunch for her and her husband as one of her birthday presents for Kyuhyun.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on the bathtub while taking a bath. He was still frowning because he still feels upset because of Sungmin.

 

“Aish! Why is that girl being a brat? She’s so lazy!”

 

Kyuhyun told his self, feeling irritated just by thinking about Sungmin’s laziness and the way she demands for something. Kyuhyun thinks that his wife is becoming a super brat and it’s no longer cute.

 

“Aish! Seriously, this is my birthday. But what the hell? All my plans have been ruined because of her. She can tell me that she doesn’t want to fly here in Jeju and celebrate my birthday with me rather than making excuses. I can always spend my birthday alone, like the usual thing that I do before…I never celebrate my birthday with my family before because I hate them”

 

Kyuhyun told his self sadly. He sighs heavily.

 

“Seriously, what is wrong with her? Ever since she arrives here yesterday night, all she did is to eat and sleep and disturb me and demand for this and that. She’s very lazy and I really think that she gain some weight. Maybe because of always sleeping and eating and sleeping and eating”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes suddenly grow big.

 

“OMO! Is she pregnant?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his self, feeling excited all of a sudden.

 

“It will be a great gift for me on my birthday”

 

Kyuhyun told his self happily. He’s really excited to have a child soon because he really want to be a father like his cousin in law. Kyuhyun already wants him and Sungmin to have a child.  He’s already imagining his self carrying his adorable baby on his arm while singing a lullaby when something hits his mind.

 

“Of course Min is not pregnant because she just have her period before and beside, how will I know if a girl is pregnant or not? I never impregnate a girl before and I didn’t even see Fany’s transformation when she finds out that she’s pregnant. All I know is that her tummy grows big. That’s all”

 

Kyuhyun told his self sadly.

 

“Maybe I can ask Fany later and I’ll just observe Min. But then…it’s really impossible because Min just have her period. Oh well! I guess, we need to keep on trying. The baby will surely arrive soon…I hope so”

 

Kyuhyun told his self. He sighs sadly and just continues taking a bath, still hoping that the baby will arrive soon.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun went out from the bathroom after having a two hour bath. He really did that on purpose because he doesn’t want to see his wife. He still feels upset and angry to Sungmin because he’s still thinking that his wife doesn’t want to spend his birthday with her. Kyuhyun was wearing a simple jeans and stripe shirts. He stops drying his hair with a clean towel when he didn’t find his wife inside their room.

 

“Where on earth is she?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He went at the balcony to look for Sungmin, but she’s not there. Kyuhyun goes back inside the bathroom and hangs the towel that he’s holding on the towel rack. He combs his hair before going out. Kyuhyun wears his bedroom slippers and went out of the room to look for his wife.

 

“MIN BABY, WHERE ARE YOU?”

 

Kyuhyun shouts, looking for his wife. He starts feeling worried because Sungmin is blind and she might hurt herself. Kyuhyun heard a loud noise at the dining room. He quickly runs at the dining room.

 

“Baby!”

 

“Kyu, I broke the plates. I accidentally drop it”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun nervously. She drops the plates on the floor because she’s feeling dizzy again. Sungmin slowly sits on her heels. Kyuhyun runs towards her before she can touch the broken plates and hurt herself. Kyuhyun hold Sungmin’s hands.

 

“I’ll be the one who will clean it. Just sit down ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He slowly stands up with Sungmin. Kyuhyun check if his wife hurt herself. He sighs in relief when Sungmin is absolutely fine. Kyuhyun pulls a chair and helps Sungmin to sit down.

 

“Just stay there ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin’s hands and starts cleaning the broken plates. He throws it inside the trash bin and gets another plates inside the kitchen and puts it on top of the dining table.

 

“What are you doing? Why are you here inside the dining room while ho—“

 

Kyuhyun stops talking when he notices a lot of food on top of the dining table. All of them really look delicious.

 

“I cooked a delicious lunch for you, so you won’t get mad at me anymore. I’m sorry Kyu if I ruin some of your plans for your birthday. I’m really feeling lazy earlier and I’m really sorry for that. But please don’t think that I don’t want to spend this day with you. I want to be with you on your birthday and I want to make this day very special for you, that’s why I cooked delicious lunch for you. It’s one of my birthday presents for you. Are you still mad at me?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“You really cook everything?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while staring at all the food on top of the dining table. He suddenly feels hungry just by staring on those delicious foods that his wife cooked for him.

 

“Yes. I cook everything. Why?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun looks at his wife and starts examining her, checking if his wife ends up hurting herself because of cooking alone.

 

“What are you doing Kyu?”

 

“I’m just checking if you hurt yourself because you cook alone”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, feeling worried about her. Sungmin laughs softly and slowly shook her head.

 

“Don’t worry about me Kyu. I didn’t hurt myself. I know how to cook”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, still worried. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Yes I am. Just take a seat and let’s eat now because I’m already hungry”

 

“You’re always hungry”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He gently pinches Sungmin’s nose before grabbing a chair and sit down beside his wife.

 

“I’ll just feed you, so you won’t have a hard time ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, but Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I can eat alone Kyu. You see. If you will always feed me and I get used to it then I wouldn’t be able to eat by myself when I already have eyesight”

 

“It’s ok. I’m still going to feed you when you finally have your eyesight. Don’t argue with me baby because it’s my birthday. Just let me do the things that I want today”

 

“Ok. But make sure that everything that you want to do today is good because if not, I’m going to get mad at you”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles and happily nods his head.

 

“Of course baby”

 

Kyuhyun leans forward and softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips, making her smile.

 

“I love you Min”

 

“I love you too Kyu”

 

“Ok. Let’s have our lunch now”

 

Kyuhyun starts putting food on his plate.

 

“After lunch, you take a bath because we’re going somewhere”

 

“Where is that somewhere?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously.

 

“It will be a secret baby. I’m going to show you something and I’m sure that you’re going to like it because it’s really beautiful”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her feel excited. Sungmin happily nods her head.

 

“Just make sure that you’re going to wear thick clothes because it’s really cold outside, so you won’t catch cold”

 

“Maybe we can make snowman later”

 

“Ok. We will see”

 

Kyuhyun smiles and gently pinches Sungmin’s nose before feeding her happily.

 

~~~

 

*HALLA MOUNTAIN, JEJU ISLAND*

 

 

Kyuhyun brings his wife at Halla Mountain which is still covered with snow because it’s still winter. He wants to show Sungmin the fairy-tale sight of snowflakes and icicles covering tree branches on Halla Mountain. He’s very sure that his wife will love it, especially the calming sound of the frozen branches of the trees when the wind starts blowing.

 

“Kyu, where are we going? It’s so cold out here”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she holds on tightly to Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

“Why do we keep on walking? Are we going to walk all day? Is this the surprise that you’re telling me?”

 

Sungmin asks innocently. She’s already feeling tired because she and Kyuhyun are walking nonstop.

 

“We’re climbing up the Halla Mountain”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin’s eyes grow big.

 

“Why do we need to climb up the mountain? It’s winter and it’s really cold. Are we there yet?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“It’s still a long journey for us baby”

 

“What? Are you planning to kill me Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks. She’s really feeling so tired and she already want to take a rest.

 

“I’m sorry baby. But there’s no other way to go at the place where I want to take you. We really need to walk. Don’t worry because once we get there, all your—“

 

Kyuhyun stops talking when he feels his wife pressing his hand so tight. He stops walking. Sungmin also stops walking. Kyuhyun slowly turns around to face his wife.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks nervously. He notices that Sungmin is holding her tummy.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin presses Kyuhyun’s hand again. She feels a bit pain in her tummy and it’s really making her weak. Kyuhyun quickly removes his coat and lay it down on the snowy ground. He helps Sungmin to sit down, so she can have a rest.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong? Please tell me”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. He can see pain on his wife’s beautiful face and she’s sweating coldly. Sungmin was breathing hard.

 

“My tummy…it’s aching…Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Tears start forming in her eyes because of pain. She can’t even explain how painful it is.

 

“Oh my goodness Kyu! It’s so painful”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she continues to breathe hard. Kyuhyun starts to panic when he notices Sungmin turning pale.

 

“OMO! I’m going to bring you to the hospital”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin in a panicked voice. Sungmin shook her head. She really doesn’t want to go at the hospital.

 

“I’m fine. It’s just that….ahhhhh…it’s so…painful”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, holding her tummy.

 

“Kyu, I think I’m going to die”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she starts crying, making Kyuhyun even more panicked and worried at the same time.

 

“Aigoo!”

 

Kyuhyun starts pulling his hair because he doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know how to stop his wife from crying and how to stop the pain that she’s feeling on that moment.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between his hands and stares at Sungmin who is still pale and really sweating hard in spite of the cold atmosphere. Her sweat is cold and Kyuhyun can tell that his wife is really in pain just by staring at her painful expression.

 

“Stop crying Min”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he starts wiping Sungmin’s tears away.

 

“I’m scared Kyu. It’s really painful”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she continues to cry softly.

 

“I told you…I’m going to die now”

 

“Of course you’re not going to die”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and continues wiping Sungmin’s tears away, hoping that his wife will stop crying because he really doesn’t know what to do.

 

“I’ll bring you to the hospital, so we know what is happening to you ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. But instead of stopping from crying, Sungmin cries even harder.

 

“Aigoo! Why are you crying so hard? Baby, please don’t give me a hard time. I feel like crying too. I don’t know what to do”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, worrying too much.

 

“I don’t want you to bring me to the hospital. I’m scared of hospitals and doctors. Please don’t bring me there. I’m just going to get hurt”

 

“But baby, how will I know what’s happening to you if I won’t bring you to a doctor?”

 

“I don’t want”

 

Sungmin shook her head as tears keep on falling from her innocent eyes. She hugs Kyuhyun and buries her beautiful face on her husband’s chest.

 

“I just want us to take a rest for the meantime. Please don’t bring me to the hospital Kyu. Just stay with me and I’ll be fine”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Arasso. We won’t go to the hospital. Please stop crying now because crying will only add up to the pain that you’re feeling. I want you to stop from crying and calm down ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin slowly nods her head. Kyuhyun wraps his arms around Sungmin, making her stop from crying.

 

“I’m scared Kyu. I’m going to die now”

 

Sungmin whispers with fear in her voice. Kyuhyun shook his head and starts Sungmin’s hair.

 

“Shhhh, stop talking like that. Of course you’re not going to die. You’re not going to leave me because if you do then I’ll be very sad and I might follow you in heaven right away. You’re fine. There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re just tired of walking that’s why you feel pain in your tummy. You’re going to be fine soon and the pain will slowly vanish. Let’s just take a rest first until you feel better again”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, calming her. Sungmin slowly nods her head. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin and wipes her tears away.

 

“No more crying ok”

 

“Ok. Don’t leave me”

 

“Yes baby”

 

Kyuhyun removes his backpack and puts it down before sitting beside Sungmin. He opens his backpack and gets a bottle of water and helps his wife to drink.

 

“Are you feeling better now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while closing the bottle of water.

 

“A little. I’m still feeling a little pain in my tummy”

 

“Can I hold your tummy?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head. Kyuhyun puts the bottle of water back in his backpack. He closes his bag before touching his wife’s tummy gently.

 

“Are you sure that you really don’t want to go to the hospital and let a doctor check on you? I’m really worried baby. I want to know what is happening to you and I want to makes sure that you’re fine and there’s nothing wrong with you”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife with worried voice. Sungmin holds Kyuhyun’s hand that was on her tummy.

 

“I’m fine Kyu. There’s nothing to worry about”

 

Sungmin suddenly smiles when Kyuhyun gently rubs her tummy, pretending that there was a baby inside.

 

“I wonder how you will look like if you’re already pregnant. I bet you still look beautiful even though you will grow big and your tummy will also grow big. I really wish that our baby will arrive soon. It’s my wish for my birthday”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while rubbing her tummy.

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Kyuhyun stops rubbing Sungmin’s tummy and looks at her.

 

“Are you already disappointed to me because I’m not yet pregnant? You see. We keep on trying. But the baby just don’t arrive”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun sadly. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I’m not disappointed. I can always wait for you to be pregnant. We can always keep on trying because we’re both still young. I mean. I’m just on my twenties and you’re just on your teens. You’re not even an adult yet. It only means that we still have a lot of time, so no need to be in a hurry. The baby will arrive at the right time. Just don’t think about it too much because I don’t want you to stress yourself because of thinking about it”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, taking her worries away. Sungmin is already feeling upset because she’s not yet pregnant. She always hopes that she will be pregnant whenever she and Kyuhyun will make love. But she just can’t understand why the baby won’t arrive and that makes her feel depressed and really sad. Sungmin is getting worried as well because Kyuhyun might get disappointed on her because she’s having a hard time on becoming pregnant.

 

“Are you not going to exchange me to other girl?”

 

Sungmin asks with fear in her voice. Kyuhyun gently flicks Sungmin’s forehead.

 

“Yah! What the hell is that? Why will I exchange you to other girl?”

 

“That’s because I can’t get pregnant and I’m really having a hard time getting pregnant. Other girls can easily give you a child that you want”

 

“But they can’t give me the love and happiness that I’m feeling every time that we’re together. You’re the only girl who can love an arrogant man like me unconditionally. You’re the only girl who can understand a very busy CEO like me and you’re the only girl who can make a grumpy man like me laugh and be happy and contented in life”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before kissing her lips softly.

 

“We just need to wait for the baby to come. I know that he will come soon. I can feel it. Call me weird. But I can really feel it and I’m not being delusional. Don’t lose hope ok. We have a lot of time and he will arrive soon. Trust me. Don’t be sad anymore and don’t think stupid things because I’m not going to exchange you to other girls and I won’t do that. I’m telling you Cho Sungmin. I’m already a good boy”

 

Kyuhyun happily told his wife, making Sungmin smile.

 

“Are you feeling better now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head happily.

 

“Can we continue our journey now on top of Halla Mountain? I’ll just carry you on my back, so you won’t be tired and so that your tummy won’t hurt again”

 

“Is that ok?”

 

“Yes baby”

 

Kyuhyun stands up and puts his backpack in front of him. He holds Sungmin’s hands and helps her stand.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Kyuhyun looks at his wife and notices her blushing.

 

“Why are you blushing? Are you hurt again?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, checking his wife. Sungmin slowly shook her head.

 

“Can I remove my bra?”

 

Sungmin asks shyly. Kyuhyun stares at his wife curiously. He was confused as to why his wife wants to remove her bra all of a sudden.

 

“Why do you want to remove your bra? You can’t do that baby. People might see your…you know”

 

“I’m wearing a thick coat. They won’t see it ok. It’s just that, I forgot to bring a bra without wire. My s are really feeling so sore and it’s already aching because my bra has wire”

 

“Ah…ok”

 

Kyuhyun removes his backpack and puts it down on the snowy ground. He helps Sungmin removes her thick coat.

 

“I’m just wearing a strapless bra, so it won’t be hard to remove”

 

Sungmin informs her husband. Kyuhyun slowly lifts Sungmin’s blouse a little and runs his hands on his wife’s back. He reaches for the hook of Sungmin’s bra and quickly unclasps it. Kyuhyun removes his wife’s bra away from her, making her s press on the fabric of her clothes. Kyuhyun quickly puts Sungmin’s thick coat on her to protect her from cold and to avoid the people from seeing his wife’s s. Kyuhyun puts Sungmin’s bra inside his backpack. He grabs his coat and puts it on before putting his backpack in front of him.

 

“You’re feeling better now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods slowly.

 

“That bra is really torturing my s. It’s really painful, but I feel better now”

 

“Let’s go?”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin flashes a sweet smile. Kyuhyun kisses her wonderful lips.

 

“I love you”

 

Kyuhyun whispers before carrying Sungmin on his back.

 

“Ok. Let’s go now and continue climbing the Halla Mountain. We need to arrive on top because the beauty of the mountain lies on top of it”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife happily.

 

“You hold on tight ok”

 

“I will”

 

Sungmin smiles and hugs her husband tightly from behind. She rest her head happily on Kyuhyun’s back. Kyuhyun smiles and continues walking for them to be able to reach the top of the mountain soon.

 

~~~

 

“Finally! We’re here”

 

Kyuhyun happily told his wife as they finally arrive to their destination.

 

“Where are we Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks as Kyuhyun puts her down very carefully.

 

“On top of the mountain”

 

Kyuhyun answers his wife. Sungmin quickly hugs Kyuhyun upon hearing him because she’s afraid that she will fall down.

 

“OMO! Don’t let go of me. I’m going to fall down. Seriously, what are we doing to a very dangerous place? Mom will get mad at us”

 

Sungmin told her husband while pouting cutely and hugging her husband tightly. Kyuhyun laughs because of his wife’s childishness.

 

“Yah”

 

Kyuhyun gently flicks Sungmin’s forehead.

 

“Of course you’re not going to fall because I’m here. I’m not going to let you fall and it’s not dangerous here ok. Mom won’t get mad because she knows that we’re going here today. I inform her about my plan on going here with you before you arrive in Jeju yesterday night”

 

Kyuhyun informs his wife. He stands behind Sungmin and hugs her tight.

 

“What are we going to do here Kyu? Seriously, what is that surprise that you’re talking about? It’s so cold here”

 

“That’s why I’m hugging you, so you won’t feel too cold”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, making her smile. Kyuhyun kisses Sungmin’s cheek before resting his chin on his wife’s shoulder while hugging her tight.

 

“Are we just going to stay here like this? I mean, stand all day and feel cold?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Why are you so impatient huh? You’re being moody again”

 

“That’s because I’m already tired and I’m hungry”

 

“Hungry?”

 

Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow.

 

“Let me remind you my dear Cho Sungmin. We eat lunch before we leave our hotel. We eat everything that you cooked. We went to a pastry shop before we go here because you tell me that you’re hungry and you want to eat sweets. After eating sweets, you told me that you want to eat tteokbokki. You already eat a lot and now you’re telling me that you’re hungry again?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He’s starting to get confused because as far as he knows Sungmin doesn’t eat that much like what she’s doing lately.

 

“Honestly baby, you’re a bit heavier compare before and I really think that you gain some weight because you keep on eating”

 

“But I want to eat. I’m already hungry Kyu”

 

“Ok…”

 

Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“We will eat again after I show you my surprise”

 

“But what is that surprise?”

 

Sungmin asks irritatingly. Her mood is starting to change again. She can’t understand why she’s feeling irritated all of a sudden and she’s getting impatient and she’s not like that before.

 

“Shhhh…just be quiet and wait. You will see my surprise once the wind starts to blow. Just wait baby”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. The couple waits for few minutes. Sungmin’s eyes widened when she heard a soft and beautiful sound as the wind starts to blow slowly. It’s like thousand of chimes are ringing softly. Sungmin slowly closes her eyes as she listens to the soothing sound of wind chimes.

 

“It’s so beautiful Kyu. The sound is so relaxing and very calm. I can see the beauty of the world”

 

Sungmin whispers as she listens very carefully to the beautiful and soft sound.

 

“Do you know what is it?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head. Her eyes are still closed. She feels so happy hearing the sound of wind chimes and bells. She loves listening to those calming sounds. Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s right hand and slowly moves it, ringing the little bells on her bracelet.

 

“Are there a lot of bells or chimes on top of Halla Mountain?”

 

Sungmin asks innocently. Kyuhyun shook his head and slowly puts down his wife’s right hand and hugs her tightly again.

 

“No. The sound of the chimes and bells that you’re hearing right now is produced by the branches of all the trees around us that are covered with icicles. You see. There’s a Halla Snow Festival that was held late in January to early February every year. But unfortunately, the festival was stopped a long time ago because whenever they will set a date for the festival, it will rain and the people will just end getting mad”

 

Kyuhyun informs his wife.

 

“I check on the weather today and it won’t rain today. I think it’s the best day for us to go here and listen to the calming sound of chimes and bells produced by the branches of trees that are covered with icicles. I bring you here because I know that you love bells. Since it’s my birthday today and I want it to be special with you, I decided to bring you here because seeing your sweet smile…”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his wife’s sweet smile on her lips.

 

“Seeing your sweet smile completes my day and it makes my birthday very special. This is really my plan for my birthday. I just want us to be together and I just want to make you happy on my birthday because you’re my happiness”

 

“Thank you so much Kyu. This surprise is really lovely. It’s really beautiful and I feel very special”

 

“That’s because I love you and I’m going to show you how much I love you everyday”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. The couple continues to listen to the calming sound of the frozen branches.

 

“Are you happy?”

 

Kyuhyun whispers as he closes his eyes, feeling the cold wind that continues to blow slowly while listening to the beautiful sounds of the frozen branches of the trees around them. Sungmin nods her head as an answer.

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Sungmin moves carefully. She turns around, facing her husband. She wraps her arms around Kyuhyun as they hug each other.

 

“Promise me that we’re going back here when I already have my eyesight. I also want to see the frozen trees. Promise me that we’re going back here every year on your birthday”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she rests her beautiful face on Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun smiles and nods his head.

 

“Yes baby. I promise that we’re going back here every year on my birthday. We will always visit this place and we’re also going to bring our kids with us. I also want them to see how beautiful this place is and we’re going to spend my birthday doing snowman and playing on the snow and then we’re also going to travel around the world when you finally have your eyesight. I want you to see the beauty of the world”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife happily.

 

“Come. Let’s play on the snow now. Let’s make our snowmen”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, but she shook her head and starts crying.

 

“OMO!”

 

Kyuhyun gently lifted Sungmin’s chin. He stares at her worriedly.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

Kyuhyun asks, wiping Sungmin’s tears away. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I don’t know”

 

Sungmin answers Kyuhyun who stares at her with blank expression. He can’t understand why his wife is crying all of a sudden for no reason.

 

“You’re crying without a reason?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“I feel too emotional. I don’t know why I’m crying”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as tears keep on falling from her eyes. Kyuhyun wipes his wife’s tears away and hugs her tight. He’s thinking that maybe Sungmin is crying because she feels overwhelm by his surprise and she just doesn’t want to tell it to him because she’s shy to be called ‘crybaby’.

 

“Stop crying now baby. I thought you’re happy?”

 

“I am happy”

 

“But why are you crying?”

 

“I don’t know…I really don’t know”

 

Sungmin buries her beautiful face on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

“Let’s just go back to our hotel now ok?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head and wipes her tears away. She slowly lifted her head. Kyuhyun looks at her.

 

“We’re still going to eat before we go back in our hotel and bake your cake”

 

Sungmin reminds Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh yes of course! We’re going to eat and then bake my cake when we arrive in our hotel. Are you sure that you don’t want to stay here a little longer and play on the snow?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head as she sneezes.

 

“Aigoo! I think we really need to go down now before you catch cold and beside it’s already getting so cold up here. Mom will kill me if you catch cold and fever. I’m just going to carry you again as we go down the mountain, so you won’t get tired”

 

“Is it ok? You told me that I’m already heavy. I don’t want to give you a hard time Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband, feeling worried about him. Kyuhyun smiles and softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

 

“It’s ok baby. No matter how heavy you are, I can still carry you. No need to worry about me”

 

Kyuhyun happily told Sungmin to take her worries away. Sungmin sneezes again.

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun carefully carries Sungmin on his back.

 

“We really need to go down now because you keep on sneezing. I’m not a very good nurse, so please don’t get sick and I don’t want you to get sick. Hold on to me tightly my Princess because we’re going down the mountain now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun tightly and gives him a sweet peck on his cheek.

 

“What is that for?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he turns his head around to look at Sungmin who is smiling sweetly.

 

“I love you”

 

Sungmin told her husband with a sweet smile on her lips. Kyuhyun smiles at her.

 

“I love you too baby”

 

Kyuhyun whispers before kissing Sungmin’s lips.

 

“Ok. Let’s go down now and eat and bake my cake”

 

Kyuhyun happily told his wife as he starts walking slowly and carefully while carrying his beautiful wife on his back.

 

~~~

 

Onew and Nicole are nervously sitting at the living room of their boss’ suite. They are with the hairstylist and make-up artist who will do Sungmin’s hair and make-up for the Executive Awarding on that night. Kyuhyun will attend the event because he is nominated as Best CEO of the Year. There are a lot of CEOs who will attend and Kyuhyun will bring Sungmin with him because he wants his wife to be his partner on that event and he wants Sungmin to be there if ever he will win the Best CEO of the Year. He also wants to show his beautiful wife to those CEOs because he is proud to have Sungmin as his wife; beautiful, talented and really smart.

 

“Onew, do you think Sir and Ma’am are fighting?”

 

Nicole whispers, feeling her heart beating fast because she and Onew can hear Kyuhyun’s angry voice.

 

“Do you think we should go inside their room now and see what’s happening?”

 

Nicole asks. Onew looks at her.

 

“Go ahead Collie. If you want to be grilled alive then go inside their room and in to their business. I want to be alive, so don’t drag me in your craziness. Aish! Seriously, why do we need to meddle on a couple’s fight? It’s their business ok and not ours”

 

Onew told Nicole who nods her head, agreeing to Onew.

 

“But why are they fighting? It seems that Sir is really angry at his wife”

 

Nicole asks in a very soft voice, making sure that she and Onew are the only one who can hear it.

 

“Well…”

 

Onew sighs before continuing.

 

“It goes like this. Ms. Cho is having her mood swing. It turns out that she doesn’t want to go at the Executive Awarding anymore. That’s why our grumpy boss got mad at her”

 

Onew told Nicole.

 

“Don’t tell him that I tell you”

 

“Ok. If that’s the case then Sir won’t have a partner in that event”

 

Nicole told Onew who nods his head.

 

“And that’s why they are fighting”

 

Onew whispers.

 

“Then why do we need to be here? We supposed to go now and just wait for Sir at the venue of the awarding?”

 

Nicole asks curiously.

 

“Sir wants us to stay”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know”

 

Onew shook his head.

 

“Maybe Sir wants us to be his for the event if ever he fails to convince Ms. Cho to go with him”

 

“Is that so?”

 

Nicole asks while raising an eyebrow because she thinks that Onew’s reason is weird.

 

“Maybe”

 

Onew told Nicole while smiling weakly at her.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Kyuhyun is staring at his wife angrily. Sungmin is crying while sitting on their bed. She’s wearing her bathrobe because she just finished taking her bath when she suddenly changes her mind. Sungmin doesn’t want to go anymore at the Executive Awarding because she’s no longer on the mood to go out and she’s feeling lazy again and really sleepy.

 

“WE ALREADY TALK ABOUT IT CHO SUNGMIN! WHY ARE YOU BEING A BRAT ALL OF A SUDDEN? YOU WILL GO WITH ME OK!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. Sungmin shook her head as she keeps on crying softly.

 

“I don’t want”

 

“STOP CRYING!!! WHY ARE YOU SO MOODY LATELY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

 

Kyuhyun keeps his voice loud because he’s really feeling angry and irritated towards his wife. He can’t understand why Sungmin is acting really strange lately and there are times wherein she’s becoming too irritating and really brat.

 

“I said, I don’t want to go! Just leave me here! I don’t want to go”

 

“STOP CRYING!!!”

 

“Why are you shouting on me? I’m already scared of you”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she continues to cry, but this time, it’s much harder. Kyuhyun takes several deep breaths to calm his self. He sits beside Sungmin, joining her on their bed.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun wipes Sungmin’s tears away.

 

“I’m sorry. I won’t shout anymore”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before holding her beautiful and pale face between his hands.

 

“Tell me. Is there something wrong with you? I need to know, so I can understand your mood and I know what to do with you. You see. There are times wherein, you’re really getting irritated and very brat and I don’t understand why. Tell me. Are you hurt or you’re not feeling well, that’s why you’re like that?”

 

Kyuhyun asks with concern in his voice.

 

“I’m fine”

 

Sungmin whispers while holding back her tears.

 

“Are you sure or you’re just afraid that I’m going to bring you to the hospital so the doctors can check you up?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while staring at Sungmin worriedly.

 

“You’re pale again. Tell me what’s wrong. I’m worried”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin shook her head slowly. She closes her eyes and places her hands on Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face, touching it gently. Sungmin’s soft and gentle touch takes Kyuhyun’s anger away and makes him feel calm and no longer irritated.

 

“I’m fine”

 

Sungmin lied. She doesn’t want to tell her husband those strange things that are happening to her lately because she knows that Kyuhyun will bring her to the hospital and let the doctors check on her and Sungmin doesn’t want that to happen because she’s scared of hospitals and doctors and she’s scared that the doctors will just tell her that she has a very serious illness and she’s going to die really soon.

 

“You don’t need to worry about me Kyu. I’m fine…really fine”

 

Sungmin told her husband. She slowly let go of Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face and wraps her arms around Kyuhyun, hugging him.

 

“Let’s just stay here. Let’s not go there anymore”

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin and shook his head.

 

“We can’t. I mean, we really need to attend that event. You see. If you won’t go with me there then I’ll be alone because I don’t have a partner. I am nominated for Best CEO of the Year. I want you to be there if ever I win the award. So please baby…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“Please go with me. Let’s attend the awarding together. I’m only asking for a simple favor from you. Please give it to me”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, begging her. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Ok. But we’re going back here in our hotel early because I already want to sleep”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun stares at his wrist watch; it’s just six ten in the evening.

 

“It’s still early and you’re already feeling sleepy?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while raising an eyebrow. Sungmin nods slowly.

 

“Let’s not stay there for a long time ok”

 

“Ok. I promise that we’re going home early. We won’t stay there that long. I’m going to call your make-up artist and hairstylist now ok, so they can already do your makeup and hair”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun smiles and wipes Sungmin’s tears.

 

“Don’t cry anymore. I’ll just go out to tell them that you’re ready”

 

Kyuhyun stands up and kisses Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I love you”

 

Kyuhyun whispers, making Sungmin smile. Kyuhyun smiles and gently pats his wife’s cheek before leaving their room.

 

~~~

 

*THE EMPIRE PLACE, SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA*

 

 

Jessica arrives at her luxurious suite apartment in The Empire Place. She decided to stay there for the meantime because Cho Mansion is a bit far from her work compare to her place. She will just stay there for a week because she needs to go to work very early every day because she’s finishing a report and their team is finishing their proposed project for their new beauty product. Jessica’s nanny approach her young lady who is sitting on the sofa with her eyes closed.

 

“Young lady, do you want to eat dinner now? The chef cooked a very delicious dinner for you. Should I prepare it now or you’re going to take a bath first?”

 

Jessica’s nanny asks her. Jessica slowly opens her eyes and looks at her nanny. She still manages to flash a smile even though she’s feeling really tired.

 

“Nanny, please call a room service massage. I’m too tired to go up the 10th floor and visit the massage and spa. But before you do that, please prepare a warm milk bath for me. I’ll take a bath first before the massage and then I’ll eat after”

 

Jessica told her nanny.

 

“Ok. No problem young lady. By the way, your dad called earlier…I think fifteen minutes before you arrive here. He’s just asking when do you plan to have vacation in LA. I think they already miss you”

 

Jessica’s nanny informs her. Jessica sighs.

 

“They are the one who supposed to visit here in Seoul. I’m too busy with my work here. I still don’t know when I will be able to have vacation in LA. I’ll think about it first and it will depend on my schedules. Maybe I can bring aunt, Kyu and Min with me. Fany and Siwon Oppa can’t go because this month is already her due month and she’s no longer allowed to take the plane. I’ll just call dad”

 

Jessica told her nanny who nods her head happily. She bows at Jessica and went inside her young lady’s room to prepare her warm milk bath. Jessica opens her handbag and gets her mobile phone inside. She scans her contacts and stares at Lee Soon-kyu’s number. Kyuhyun gave Sungmin’s eye doctor’s number to Jessica for her to contact Soon-kyu and ask about her brother who happens to be an eye doctor as well and Jessica’s ex-boyfriend. They need to contact Joon and rely Sungmin’s case to him, hoping that he can help Sungmin to have her eyesight.

 

“I can do this. This is for Min”

 

Jessica told herself. She takes a deep breath and presses Soon-kyu’s number.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

Jessica’s heart starts beating fast upon hearing her ex-boyfriend’s sister’s voice.

 

“Hi Sunny! It’s me Jess”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu with a mixture of excitement and nervousness in her voice.

 

“OH MY GOD! JESS UNNIE!!! IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME! HOW ARE YOU?”
 

Soon-kyu shouts over the phone, feeling happy to hear Jessica’s voice. Jessica smiles brightly.

 

“I’m fine and I’m doing great. How about you? It’s nice to hear your voice Sunny”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu while smiling. Soon-kyu giggles happily before talking.

 

“I’m doing great as well. I’m so happy to hear your voice. So, where did you get my number?”

 

Soon-kyu asks curiously.

 

“My cousin was the one who gave it to me?”

 

“Cousin?”

 

Soon-kyu raises an eyebrow, feeling confused.

 

“Who?”

 

Soon-kyu asks.

 

“His name is Cho Kyuhyun. Actually, his wife, Cho Sungmin is your patient”

 

Soon-kyu’s eyes widened upon hearing Jessica.

 

“OMO! So, my patient is your cousin in law? Wow! That was amazing. That’s why Mr. Cho’s face is a bit familiar to me. I already remember since you inform me that he’s your cousin. I already saw him once, during your birthday party. So, what can I do for you Unnie?”

 

Soon-kyu asks. Jessica takes a deep breath.

 

“Can I ask for a simple favor? It’s for my cousin in law”

 

“Ok. What is it?”

 

Soon-kyu asks curiously.

 

“Ah…”

 

Jessica takes a deep breath again before continuing.

 

“Joon is an eye doctor as well, right? Can you give me his contact number? We just need to contact him. It’s about Min’s case”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu.

 

“Ah…”

 

Soon-kyu nods her head happily.

 

“No need to ask Unnie because Oppa is flying here in Seoul next week. He’ll be here by Saturday. He will fly here with his fellow doctors to check on your cousin in law. I already gave Ms. Cho’s case to him and they are going to check on her next week when they arrive here. Oppa is already studying Ms. Cho’s case and he and his team are already finding ways on how they will cure your cousin in law’s blindness”

 

Soon-kyu informs Jessica, making her feel happy because she really wants Sungmin to have her eyesight someday.

 

“Oh my God! It’s a great news. Kyu will be very happy for sure as well as Min and of course aunt”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu.

 

“Just rely the good news to Mr. Cho since he’s your cousin. I was about to call him when you gave me a call”

 

“Ok. I’ll be the one who will tell them. Kyu is currently in Jeju with Min. They will celebrate his birthday there and Kyu will attend an Executive Awarding tonight. I’ll tell it to them when they arrive here, so everyone can hear the good news. Thanks a lot Sunny. It means a lot and I hope Joon can really help Min to have her eyesight. Everyone will be happy, especially Kyu if Min will have her eyesight soon”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu, feeling excited and happy for her cousin in law.

 

“Don’t worry Unnie. You know Oppa. He never gives up easily. I know that he will do his best to give your cousin in law eyesight. Maybe after that, you guys can already continue your broken love story”

 

Soon-kyu told Jessica, teasing her.

 

“Stop teasing me Sunny. Joon already has a girlfriend or probably he’s already married you know”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu who nods her head.

 

“Who told you? Oppa doesn’t have a girlfriend. Well, he has a girlfriend before. But they already broke up for a very long time. Oppa is still single and he doesn’t have a girlfriend or wife”

 

Soon-kyu informs Jessica.

 

“Maybe you’re the one who is no longer single”

 

Soon-kyu told Jessica, but she didn’t answer. Jessica was already spacing out because she’s thinking about Joon. She doesn’t know whether she will be happy or sad upon knowing that her ex-boyfriend is still single. Jessica can’t understand what she’s feeling on that moment. She feels a bit excited because it only means that she and Joon still have a chance to be together again after long years of being apart from each other. But on the other hand, Jessica also feels nervous. She can’t take her fear in her heart and she keeps on asking herself ‘What if Joon doesn’t love her anymore’. Jessica doesn’t want to hope that she and Joon will be together again because if there’s no more chance at all for both of them, she will only end up hurting herself.

 

“Unnie, yeoboseo…Jess Unnie, are you still there…yeoboseo”

 

Soon-kyu speaks, making Jessica jumps and go back to reality.

 

“Oh yes! I’m still here. Sorry about that. I’m just thinking about a lot of things. It’s about work”

 

Jessica lied.

 

“Well, I need to go now Sunny. Thanks for the information”

 

“Can we go out sometimes? I really miss you Unnie”

 

Soon-kyu asks. Jessica nods her head.

 

“Ok. No problem. I’ll just give you a call when I’m already free. You see. I have a lot of things to do and to finish for my work. Maybe next week, I’m no longer busy. I’ll just give you a call ok”

 

“Ok. No problem. It’s nice to hear your voice”

 

Soon-kyu told Jessica while smiling. Jessica smiles.

 

“It’s also nice to hear your voice and I really miss you Sunny. See you soon. Thank you so much. Bye”

 

Jessica told Soon-kyu before hanging up. Jessica puts down her mobile phone on the center table.

 

“Joon is still single”

 

Jessica whispers. Her nanny approach her.

 

“Young lady”

 

Jessica looks at her nanny.

 

“Your warm milk bath is ready”

 

“Thanks”

 

Jessica’s nanny bows at her before walking away.

 

“What am I thinking? Why should I hope? Stop it Jessica Jung or you’ll just end up hurting yourself if ever there’s no more chance for both of you. Stop thinking about Joon ok. You still have a lot of things to think and to finish”

 

Jessica told herself. She nods her head and takes a deep breath.

 

“I need to take a bath now”

 

Jessica stands up and went inside her room to take a warm milk bath, hoping that she can drift Joon away from her mind.

 

~~~

 

*PHOENIX ISLAND RESORT, JEJU ISLAND*

 

 

Kyuhyun arrives with Sungmin at the grand ballroom of Phoenix Island Resort in Jeju Island. He’s very gorgeous with his formal clothes. Everyone is staring at her, especially girls and most of the men at the event are staring at Sungmin who looks very beautiful and really stunning with her simple baby pink strapless cocktail dress. Some girls who are present on the event feel really jealous of Sungmin because her beauty is really stunning and they envy her for that.

 

“Well, who is the very beautiful woman with you Mr. Cho?”

 

Mr. Anderson asks Kyuhyun as he approaches him. Kyuhyun smiles and shakes Mr. Anderson’s hand.

 

“She’s my wife, Cho Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun told Mr. Anderson, introducing Sungmin with a proud smile on his lips.

 

“Baby, he’s Mr. Anderson. He’s my business partner in New York”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin bows her head to greet her husband’s business partner.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Anderson. I’m Kyu’s wife, Cho Sungmin”

 

Sungmin told her husband’s business partner. Mr. Anderson smiles at her. He was about to hold Sungmin’s hand to shake it and kiss it, but Kyuhyun quickly holds his wife’s hand, preventing his business partner to touch his wife.

 

“Please excuse us for awhile. I’m going to introduce my wife to the other CEOs and I need to talk to my Vice-President. I’ll talk to you later”

 

“No problem Mr. Cho”

 

Kyuhyun gently pats Mr. Anderson’s shoulder before walking away with his wife. Kyuhyun talks to his Vice-President first about the Berlin contract in which Jonghyun told him that he successfully get that five billion contract in Berlin, Germany and that the President of Berlin Telecommunication and President of Berlin Technology, Inc. want to meet Kyuhyun to formally merge their companies to Cho International Group of Companies. Kyuhyun feels so happy about it because it only means that he can expand the company in Berlin, Germany. Sungmin feels happy for her husband because she knows that it’s a great achievement for her husband though she also knows that Kyuhyun will be busier compare to his busyness lately because her husband already needs to deal with a lot of things, companies and people which only means a lot of working time for Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m going to introduce you to some of my business partners and to some CEOs here”

 

Kyuhyun whispers to Sungmin after talking to his Vice-President. Sungmin nods her head. She’s actually feeling nervous because she’s blind and she’s afraid that the people will judge her again and will only laugh at Kyuhyun for marrying a blind girl. But she needs to support Kyuhyun and part of supporting her husband is socializing with his business partners and other CEOs. Kyuhyun introduces Sungmin to his business partners and other CEOs. He’s very happy because Sungmin already knows how to socialize with other people and he’s very proud of his wife because she speaks so well and really smart and he’s happy because he knows that Sungmin is enjoying having a chat with his business partners and their wives and to the other CEOs and their girlfriends, fiancées and wives.

 

“You marry a very wonderful woman. I envy you”

 

Mr. Anderson told Kyuhyun who smiles proudly at him.

 

“I also wish to find a wonderful woman “

 

Mr. Anderson added.

 

“The right girl for you will surely arrive someday. Thirty two years old is not that old”

 

Kyuhyun told Mr. Anderson. On that night, Kyuhyun got a lot of compliment for having a wife like Sungmin. People think that Sungmin is not just beautiful, lovely and nice, but she’s also really smart and good on talking and socializing with people even though she’s blind. Sungmin enjoys socializing with them because they don’t judge her for being blind and they don’t make fun of her. She loves talking to people like them because they are fun to be with and they are not arrogant and they accept her as a blind person without judging her and making fun of her and Sungmin is happy about that and Kyuhyun is giving her a lot of confident to socialize with them.

 

“Kyu, can we take our seats now. I’m already tired of standing”

 

Sungmin whispers softly that only she and Kyuhyun can hear. Actually, Sungmin is feeling dizzy at that moment, that’s why she wants to sit down.

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He and Sungmin excuse their selves as they look for their seats. Kyuhyun found their table and walks towards there with his wife.

 

“We’re already eating our dinner Sir. I’m already hungry. You and Ma’am should eat too because the awarding will soon start”

 

Onew told his boss. Kyuhyun nods his head. He pulls a chair and helps Sungmin to sit down. The waiters arrive to serve their dinner. Jonghyun pats Kyuhyun’s shoulder and sits beside him.

 

“When do you plan to go in Berlin?”

 

Jonghyun asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I still don’t know Mr. Lee. It depends on my schedules. I still have a lot of things to do at the company”

 

Kyuhyun told his Vice-President before looking at his wife, assisting her in eating her dinner.

 

“You’re just going to show yourself. They only want to see you and of course talk to you. You don’t need to stay in Berlin for a long time”

 

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun before taking a sip on his wine.

 

“I’ll check my schedules first. Min and I will fly back in Seoul tomorrow at four in the morning. I’ll go straight at my office. If I can finish my work then I’m going to fly in Berlin tomorrow in the evening. Are you going with me?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Jonghyun nods his head.

 

“Ok. I’ll just tell my secretary to find a flight for us tomorrow evening. I’ll just call you tomorrow to inform you about it”

 

“No problem”

 

Kyuhyun told Jonghyun before focusing his attention to Sungmin who is eating her dinner quietly.

 

“Do you need something?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head and wipes her lips with her table napkin.

 

“Kyu, do you really need to go in Berlin? You’re going to leave me again”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, feeling sad because her husband needs to fly in other country again and to be away from her again. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes baby. I really need to go in Berlin tomorrow. It’s for the company. Please understand. But I won’t be away for a long time. I’ll be back after two or three days ok. Don’t be sad ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin didn’t answer. She just nods her head sadly and continues eating her dinner while controlling her tears from falling.

 

~~~

 

The awarding ceremony is already ongoing and Cho International Group of Companies already received three awards; Best Marketing Director, Media Executive of the Year and Best Company of the Year. Kyuhyun feels very happy and proud because he knows that his dad is really happy and very proud of the achievements of the company and the employees. Sungmin also feels happy because she knows that her husband is happy. She already forgets about Kyuhyun’s trip to Berlin tomorrow in the evening because the awarding ceremony really catches her attention. It’s already time to announce the last award and that is the Best CEO of the Year and Kyuhyun is one of the many CEOs who is nominated in that very special category.

 

“Are you feeling nervous?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“A little. Well, I don’t expect to win. I’m just happy that I got nominated on this category”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin reaches her hand out. Kyuhyun holds it.

 

“Why?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head with a smile on her lips.

 

“I just want you to know that I am very proud of you whether or not you will win the award. For me, you will always be the best CEO and I’m your number one fan and supporter”

 

Sungmin happily told her husband, making Kyuhyun smile.

 

“Thanks baby. You see. Even though I don’t win an award, it’s ok with me because I have you. You’re the best award that I have”

 

“So mushy”

 

“What? I’m just telling you the truth”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before pinching her nose gently.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, our Best CEO of the Year goes to Mr. Cho Kyuhyun from Cho International Group of Companies”

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin were shock upon hearing the MCs announcing Kyuhyun’s name as the winner of Best CEO of the Year award.

 

“THAT’S OUR BOSS!!!”

 

Onew and Nicole shout happily, feeling very happy and proud of their boss.

 

“Kyu, it’s you. You should stand now and go up the stage and receive your award. Oh my gosh! I’m so happy…very happy”

 

Sungmin told her husband happily. Onew and Nicole start cheering for Kyuhyun. Jonghyun joins them because they are all happy for Kyuhyun. Sungmin starts laughing because she knows that her husband is already feeling shy because of Onew, Nicole and Jonghyun’s weirdness. Mr. Anderson stands up and starts clapping his hands. The people joins him as they all start clapping their hands.

 

“Go now Kyu. Don’t keep them waiting”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun is still shock because he really never expects to win the award. He stands up and happily went up the stage to receive his award. All the people inside the grand ballroom keep quiet as Kyuhyun begins his speech.

 

“To be honest, I never expect to win this very special award because I’m just a newbie in the business industry. I’m just on my twenties and still young and need to know more. I was really shock to hear my name awhile ago. Well…wow! This is a great gift on my birthday. Actually, I’m celebrating my 25th birthday today”

 

Kyuhyun told them.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

 

Onew, Nicole and Jonghyun shouts, feeling really proud of Kyuhyun who starts laughing softly because of them.

 

“I won’t make my speech that long. I just want to thank all the people who support me. My Vice-President, Mr. Lee Jonghyun, to my two weird and very talkative secretaries, Lee Onew and Jung Nicole, to all my business partners and to other CEOs and to all the employees and Board of Directors of Cho International Group of Company. Thank you so much. I also want to thank Mr. Anderson for all the support and for always believing on me”

 

Mr. Anderson nods his head, feeling very proud of Kyuhyun.

 

“To God for giving me a very wonderful life. To my family, especially to mom and of course to my dad who is already in heaven…”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes start getting teary.

 

“Dad was the one who taught me how to be a good CEO like him. I know that I will never surpass him because he’s such a very great CEO and he did a lot of things for the company before he died. To my dad, I know that he’s already happy in heaven and I know that if he’s still alive he will tell me that he’s very proud of me. I know that he’s happy for what I achieve and for what the company achieves and I promise that I will take care of his company and his employees just like what he did when he’s still alive”

 

Kyuhyun wipes the tears at the corner of his eyes.

 

“Before I end my speech for this night…I want to thank my very wonderful wife, Cho Sungmin. She’s over there. She’s the beautiful woman sitting beside Nicole. She’s the lovely lady wearing a pink cocktail dress that has red lips”

 

Kyuhyun told the people while pointing at Sungmin who is smiling sweetly, feeling very proud of her husband. Sungmin can feel that the people are all staring at her happily, including Onew, Nicole and Jonghyun.

 

“I really love her so much. I want to give this award to her because if it wasn’t for her I won’t be able to get this award and become a best CEO. I owe my success to her because she’s the reason why I am here standing in front of you. She’s the woman who gives me hope and who understand me nonstop and who keeps on loving me unconditionally. I am not going to be the best CEO if I don’t have a very wonderful and best wife. Baby Min, this is for you. I love you so much”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife happily.

 

“Thank you everyone and have a good night to all of you”

 

Kyuhyun end his simple, but very meaningful speech. Everyone stands up and starts clapping their hands happily, including Sungmin. She’s very happy for her husband and she feels very special because Kyuhyun mention her in his speech. She feels very proud of herself for being the wife of the best CEO. Kyuhyun happily runs towards Sungmin upon going down the stage. He’s like a kid who happily runs towards the girl he loves and hugs her tight.

 

“Congratulation my dear CEO. I’m so proud of you. I’m sure that mom will be very happy and will also proud of you and of course dad. I’m really happy Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she hugs him tight, feeling really happy for Kyuhyun.

 

“Thank you so much baby for all the support, understanding and love”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before kissing her lips, making his secretaries giggle happily.

 

“Do you want to dance with me my dear Princess? Let’s have a dance first before we go back to our hotel and continue celebrating my birthday on bed?”

 

Kyuhyun whispers to Sungmin’s ear, making her blush.

 

“Kyu, don’t be too naughty”

 

“It’s included in your birthday gifts for me, right?”

 

Kyuhyun asks happily. Sungmin nods shyly.

 

“I knew it”

 

Kyuhyun giggles happily. He puts down his trophy and holds Sungmin’s hand as they walk at the center and starts dancing to the romantic melody being played on the grand piano.

 

“I know that you’re feeling proud Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her husband while smiling at him. Kyuhyun stares at his wife and nods his head happily.

 

“Of course baby. I’m really proud because I win the award and not only that…I have a very wonderful wife and everyone is envy of me, especially those men here. They keep on staring at you and drooling at you and they really envy me so much”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife with a proud smile on his lips.

 

“Now I know why you keep on guarding me. That’s why you don’t want them to touch me…not even my hands”

 

“Well, I’m the only one who can touch you because I’m your husband. They are not allowed to touch you. Nobody can touch you, only me”

 

“Someone is being a possessive jealous brat again”

 

Sungmin told her husband, teasing him before laughing softly.

 

“Ah…you’re teasing me huh? I’ll just punish you on bed later”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

 

“Just don’t be too harsh ok”

 

“I can’t promise”

 

Kyuhyun keeps on teasing his wife, making her pout.

 

“Kyu”

 

“I’m just kidding ok. You know that I don’t want to hurt you because I love you”

 

Kyuhyun looks at his wife and softly kisses her lips.

 

“Ok. I think we need to go now before someone accused us on having PDA here. You see. I just can’t help but to kiss your tender and very wonderful lips. Let’s go back to our hotel now before I lose control and eat you here”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making Sungmin’s innocent eyes grow big.

 

“Kyu, why are you so in public place?”

 

Sungmin asks as she pouts. Kyuhyun gently flicks his wife’s forehead.

 

“That’s why we need to go back in our hotel now and start making our baby”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin as he smiles sweetly at her. He holds Sungmin’s hand and walks towards Onew and Nicole who are also dancing on the romantic music.

 

“We’re going now ok. Min and I still need to celebrate my birthday. Thank you guys. Be safe. I’ll just see you in Seoul when I return from Berlin”

 

Kyuhyun told his secretaries while smiling at them. Onew and Nicole nod happily. Sungmin waves her hand to them. Kyuhyun and Sungmin bid goodbye to Mr. Anderson, Jonghyun and to some of Kyuhyun’s business partner before leaving the venue to go back to their hotel and continue celebrating Kyuhyun’s birthday together”

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun starts lighting the candles on the birthday cake that he and Sungmin bake after climbing the Halla Mountain.

 

“Are you done lighting the candles Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun nods his head and places the match box on top of the dining table.

 

“Yes baby. You can sing happy birthday song now”

 

Kyuhyun happily told his wife. Sungmin smiles and takes a deep breath before starts clapping her hands happily as she starts singing the Happy Birthday song.

 

Saeng il chu kah ham ni dah

Saeng il chu kah ham ni dah

Saranghae neun Kyuhyun

Saeng il chu kah ham ni dah

 

Sungmin happily sings the Happy Birthday song.

 

“Make a wish now Kyu before blowing your cake”

 

Sungmin told her husband happily.

 

“Ok. I’m going to make a wish now”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before closing his eyes. He two wishes before opening his eyes.

 

“I’m done now. Let’s blow the candles together, arasso?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods happily. She smiles brightly and together, she and Kyuhyun blow the candles.

 

“Happy 25th birthday my love”

 

Sungmin greets her husband happily before kissing his soft pinkish lips and hugs him tight.

 

“Are you happy?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes baby. I’m very happy because we’re together and you’re here with me to celebrate my birthday. Let’s eat the cake now?

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin smiles brightly.

 

“Let’s just share on one plate ok”

 

Sungmin nods happily, agreeing to her husband. Kyuhyun starts slicing the tiramisu cake that he and Sungmin made. He puts a slice on a small plate and gets a small fork.

 

“You take the first bite before you feed me”

 

Sungmin instructed her husband.

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun obeys his wife. He takes the first bite and chews the cake very carefully.

 

“So, how is it? Delicious or not?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun smiles brightly.

 

“Very delicious”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, making her smile.

 

“Say ah”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin opens as Kyuhyun starts feeding her with the Tiramisu cake.

 

“It’s very delicious, right?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods happily while chewing the cake carefully.

 

“I’m such a great chef”

 

Sungmin told her husband proudly. Kyuhyun coughs softly.

 

“Excuse me baby. Don’t forget that I help you”

 

“But I did everything. You just assist me”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before sticking her tongue out, teasing her husband happily.

 

“You already know how to tease me huh?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before kissing her wonderful lips and continue feeding her. Kyuhyun gets her glass of cold water and drinks it before helping Sungmin in drinking her cold water.

 

“You sit on my lap”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin stands up. Kyuhyun helps her sit on his lap. Sungmin happily wraps her arms around Kyuhyun’s neck.

 

“What did you wish for?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“Do you want me to tell it to you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Well, it won’t come true if you tell it to me”

 

“Of course it will come true. Don’t believe the old saying. I just need to have faith and believe that my wishes will come true”

 

“Wishes?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods happily.

 

“Yes wishes because I have two wishes on my birthday. First…”

 

Kyuhyun slowly runs his fingers on Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Is for you to have eyesight soon and the second one is…”

 

Sungmin smiles when Kyuhyun puts his hand on her tummy.

 

“For us to have a baby soon”

 

“Do you think our baby will arrive soon?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously, hoping that she will be pregnant really soon. Kyuhyun nods his head and starts rubbing Sungmin’s tummy gently.

 

“Yes baby. I know that our baby will soon arrive. You see. You and I love each other so much and we’re happy. The only thing that is missing is our baby. But I know that he will arrive really soon. He will be in your tummy soon and of course…”

 

Kyuhyun flashes a naughty smile.

 

“For us to have our baby, we should start making him now”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, making her laugh softly.

 

“Let’s go to our room now”

 

“Later. I want our first round to be here inside the dining room. You see. I’m too lazy to get up”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before capturing Sungmin’s wonderful lips. He kisses her softly and slowly. Sungmin opens to respond to the kiss, but she quickly pulls back because she suddenly feels dizzy and nauseated. Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin with a questioning glare, wondering why his wife stops kissing him.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly as he stares at Sungmin who is holding her head.

 

“Kyu, can we just make our baby next time? I’m feeling dizzy and I want to sleep now”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between his hands and stares at her worriedly.

 

“OMO! You’re pale again. Are you sick?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He quickly holds Sungmin’s forehead and she’s a bit hot.

 

“You’re sick”

 

“No”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’m not sick Kyu. I’m ok. I just feel a little dizzy and nauseated. Maybe because I’m already tired. I’m sorry Kyu. I know that you want us to have a baby soon, but I—“

 

Kyuhyun hold Sungmin’s lips to stop her from talking.

 

“It’s ok. I understand. We always have chance to make our baby. The most important thing is your health. I think we need to take a rest, especially you. We did a lot of things today and I know that you’re already tired. Let’s just make our baby next time when you’re already fine. I can wait and the baby can wait. Don’t worry too much and think too much ok”

 

“Ok”

 

“You stand up first”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife and helps her to stand. Kyuhyun stands up and helps Sungmin to sit down on the chair.

 

“Stay there first. I’ll just clean the mess”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He puts the cake back inside the refrigerator and puts the used fork and plate on the sink before walking towards his wife.

 

“Are you sure that you’re fine? You really don’t want to drink medicine?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head and yawns.

 

“I want to sleep now”

 

“Ok. We’re going to sleep now. Have a good night rest. We’re going back in Seoul later at four in the morning. You should sleep now. I’m the one who is going to pack our things. No need to worry about it”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He slowly bend down and kisses Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I love you so much baby”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. Sungmin smiles weakly, feeling dizzy again.

 

“I love you too Kyu and happy birthday again”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before yawning. Kyuhyun smiles and brushes his nose on hers.

 

“Let’s sleep now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He carries Sungmin like a bride.

 

“Good night Kyu. I love you”

 

Sungmin told her husband before closing her eyes.

 

“I love you too Min. Good night and sleep tight my Princess”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He went out of the dining room and go inside their room to put Sungmin to sleep before he packs their things for their flight at four in the morning going back in Seoul.