LOVE IS NOT BLIND (Chapter 33)

LOVE IS NOT BLIND

Chapter 33

 

 

A/N: All the medical terms used in the story are not exactly what it is. I’m not a doctor or expert in any medical fields. Thank kyu :)

 

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin are happily sitting on the bathtub, taking a bath together. It was Sungmin’s request. She wants her and Kyuhyun to take a bath together. Kyuhyun agree on it because of some reasons—first, he needs to follow Sungmin’s command because he promise his pregnant wife that he will be her nanny while she’s pregnant. Second, Kyuhyun doesn’t want Sungmin to feel sad and upset and to get mad at him. Third, he needs to follow everything that his pregnant wife wants, just like what Doctor Park told him before and lastly, he just wants to have an intimate time with Sungmin. Kyuhyun thinks that there’s nothing wrong if he and his wife will have some naughty time together and he believes that their intimate time should not stop even though Sungmin is already pregnant.

 

“Seriously Min, you should sleep some more. Why do you need to wake up early? It’s just six thirty in the morning. You don’t have morning sickness anymore?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he hugs his pregnant wife from behind. Sungmin comfortably laid her back on Kyuhyun’s body while she’s playing on the bubbles with her hands.

 

“I feel fine this morning. I don’t feel dizzy at all and sleepy. Maybe our little cherub is still sleeping and he’s behave today”

 

Sungmin happily told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles as he feels relief knowing that Sungmin doesn’t experience any discomfort on that day. He is always worried whenever Sungmin will throw up and will feel weak because of her heavy morning sickness.

 

“It’s good to hear that. You see. I always feel so worried about you whenever you’re having a hard time because of your morning sickness. It’s good that our little cherub is behaving now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he place his hand on Sungmin’s tummy, rubbing it gently.

 

“Kyu, am I growing too fast?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun stares at his wife curiously.

 

“What do you mean by you are growing too fast?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Well…”

 

Sungmin pouts cutely.

 

“I think I’m gaining a lot of weight because I keep on eating a lot these past few days. I always sleep and then eat. Mom and Jessica Unnie told me that I already gain some weight”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun rests his chin on Sungmin’s shoulder.

 

“You really gain some weight. I also notice it. But it’s ok. You need to eat a lot and rest a lot for our little cherub and you’re still beautiful and will always be beautiful even though you grow big”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her smile. Sungmin is actually worried that her husband will no longer find her beautiful when she already grows big.

 

“I’m afraid that you will no longer find me beautiful if I grow really big”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

 

“Who told you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while raising an eyebrow.

 

“I’m just thinking”

 

Sungmin answers. Kyuhyun kisses Sungmin’s cheek.

 

“You will always be beautiful no matter what happen and to tell you honestly, you’re the most pregnant woman that I ever seen”

 

“That’s because I’m your wife”

 

“No…”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I’m telling you the truth Min. Well, Fany is beautiful when she’s pregnant, but not that beautiful like you. So don’t feel depress if you’re already growing big because that’s part of pregnancy. Actually, your tummy is also growing a little. Maybe because you’re really eating that much. But it’s ok. Just eat whenever you’re hungry and take a lot of rest. It’s for you and our little cherub”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before burying his gorgeous face on Sungmin’s neck, slowly brushing his soft pinkish lips on his wife’s milky skin. Sungmin bites her lower lip when Kyuhyun starts her milky skin gently while slowly running his hands on her body, touching her gently.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin holds her husband’s hands when Kyuhyun caresses her s.

 

“Don’t touch my s. It’s painful when you caress it. It’s really sensitive, so not now ok. Let’s just continue taking a bath because I’m already hungry. I already want to eat”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, ruining the supposed to be romantic atmosphere. Kyuhyun nods his head and didn’t complain. He wants to make love with his wife, but he’s thinking that maybe Sungmin is not on the mood to do it and he respects that. He’s already getting used of his wife’s mood swings. There are days wherein Sungmin ignores him and really hates him even though he’s not doing anything. There are also times wherein Sungmin wants to cling to him all the time. He even needs to bring his wife with him every time that he’s going to work because Sungmin doesn’t want to let him go not unless she’s with him and if he wouldn’t agree, Sungmin will end up crying and he doesn’t want it to happen because he’s worried about her condition and of course he is also worried about their little cherub inside his wife’s tummy and there are also times wherein Sungmin is very lazy. All she wants is to sleep and eat and lay down on their bed the whole day. Kyuhyun is also used to his wife’s sudden change of mood. There are times wherein Sungmin is happy then she will feel very irritated and angry without any reason and she will also becomes sad and really emotional without any reason at all. Kyuhyun will just give her a hug and then Sungmin will be back to normal. Kyuhyun is really having a hard time because Sungmin always give him hard time, especially when she’s craving for something. There are times wherein Sungmin will wake him up in the middle of the night because she wants to eat and she wants to go out. Kyuhyun will drive along Seoul with Sungmin until she falls asleep. He will wake up in the middle of the night whenever his wife wants to eat or whenever Sungmin will wake him up because she needs to use the bathroom and pee. There are times wherein Kyuhyun will go to work without sleeping because his bringing his work at home for him to be able to go home early because Sungmin always want him to go home early. He should be home before six in the evening and that’s why he needs to bring his unfinished work with him. Kyuhyun try his best to monitor his wife’s pregnancy and he always make sure that he will have a lot of time with her even though he’s already feeling very tired because of his work. But there are also times wherein Kyuhyun will go home late because of meetings and Sungmin is already sleeping peacefully when he arrives at home. But he always makes it up to her on the next day, so Sungmin won’t feel sad.

 

“What do you want for breakfast?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin thinks for awhile.

 

“I want pancakes, blueberries, strawberries, cherries and frozen peaches with whip cream. I also want watermelon shake and your French toast”

 

Sungmin happily told her husband. Kyuhyun learns how to make French toast because of his wife. Sungmin keeps on demanding for French toast. The chefs will make one for her, but she will never eat it because for her it doesn’t taste good even though it really taste good. She asks Kyuhyun to make French toast for her. Kyuhyun asks the chefs to teach him and he successfully learn how to make it and it’s the only French toast that Sungmin wants to eat. She always eat all the food that Kyuhyun is cooking for her though it doesn’t really taste good and that’s why the chefs, Mrs. Cho and Jessica as well as Kyuhyun himself really think that Sungmin has a very weird taste.

 

 

“Ok. I’ll make a French toast for you. Is that all you want to eat?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin thinks for awhile and nods her head.

 

“I’ll just tell you if I change my mind and want to eat something else”

 

Sungmin happily told her husband. Kyuhyun crosses his fingers and really hope that his wife will never change her mind just like what happen before. He cooks for her, but Sungmin didn’t eat it because she already changes her mind. There is also a time wherein Sungmin call Kyuhyun in his office to ask him to buy her a cherry torte cake and when Kyuhyun arrives at home with the cherry torte cake that his wife wants him to buy for her, Sungmin told him that she doesn’t want it anymore because she already changes her mind. She doesn’t want the cherry torte cake anymore because she already wants to eat blueberry cheesecake. Kyuhyun obeys her and bought blueberry cheesecake for her, but Sungmin didn’t eat it because she changes her mind again. She keeps on demanding for different flavors of cake on that day. Kyuhyun will buy it for her, but she will end up changing her mind all of a sudden. Sungmin ends up sleeping without tasting any of the cakes that she asks Kyuhyun to buy for her. Mrs. Cho, Jessica and all the helpers at Cho mansion end up eating the cakes. Kyuhyun even invite Onew and Nicole to join the so-called ‘cake party’.

 

“Ok. But please don’t change your mind all the time just like what you did before with the cakes”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin laughs softly when she remembers it.

 

“I’m really sorry Kyu, but I can’t promise you. I will try my best. But it will depend on my mood. Am I already giving you a hard time?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“No. I can steal manage”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He is already having lots of hard times, but he never complains because he loves his wife that much and he wants to take care of her and their little cherub inside her tummy. Kyuhyun is enjoying everything that he’s doing for his pregnant wife even though he’s really having a hard time.

 

“It’s ok Min. You can always demand for what you want and I’m always willing to do it for you. Experiencing such things is really hard, but very enjoyable. Taking good care of my pregnant wife is really priceless. So you don’t need to worry as to whether you’re already giving me a hard time or not. You know that you and our little cherub are very important with me and I really don’t mind having a hard time as long as both of you will be healthy and safe all the time”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife.

 

“Thank you so much Kyu. Don’t worry because I’m not going to give you a lot of hard time”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, making him laugh softly because of his wife’s innocence.

 

“Ok baby Min”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before kissing her cheek.

 

“Let’s finish taking a bath now, so we can already eat our breakfast. I still need to meet Doctor Park and Doctor Lee and her brother later”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head happily. She already feels excited to meet Joon and of course she’s also feeling excited for her cousin in law. Sungmin is excited for Jessica and Joon’s first meeting after long years of not seeing each other. Sungmin is very excited for her cousin in law’s love story with Joon and she’s really hoping that there will still be another chance for Joon and Jessica to be together again because Sungmin knows that Jessica still love her ex-boyfriend and she knows that Jessica will surely be happy if she and Joon will still have a chance to be together again and Sungmin is really looking forward for that day to come and she’s willing to become their cupid because Sungmin wants her cousin in law to marry her Prince Charming and the right man for her and be happy just like her and Tiffany and Sungmin thinks that the man who can make Jessica happy is no other than Joon.

 

~~~

 

*SHILLA HOTEL*

 

 

Soon-kyu went at Shilla Hotel to have breakfast with her older brother and because they need to go at the Coffee Lab together to meet Kyuhyun. Joon is currently staying at Shilla Hotel with Byunghee and Cheolyong. He doesn’t want to stay at their house because his parents will just bother him all the time to stay in Seoul instead of living alone in Sydney.

 

“Umma and Appa are upset because you don’t want to stay at home”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother. Joon carefully takes a sip on his coffee.

 

“You know the reason why I choose not to stay at home”

 

Joon told his sister. He puts down his cup of coffee on top of the saucer and continues reading some research about the possible cure for LCA.

 

“But they are right. I also don’t get your point Oppa. Why do you choose to stay in Sydney when you can always stay here in Seoul? There are also a lot of good opportunities here in Seoul and if you will stay here, you wouldn’t be alone because your family is here”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother. She suddenly frowns when her brother didn’t even react. His attention is just focus on his ipad.

 

“Oppa, I’m talking to you”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother. Joon nods his head, indicating that he’s listening.

 

“I’m listening Sunny. Just keep on talking. I’m just reading something ok”

 

Joon told his sister. Soon-kyu sighs.

 

“Was it because of Jess Unnie?”

 

Soon-kyu asks curiously. Joon stops reading and stares at his sister.

 

“Do you really need to drag my ex-girlfriend’s name here? Why do you always want us to talk about her? She’s already a past ok”

 

Joon told his younger sister, shooting her a serious glare. Joon hates it whenever Soon-kyu will initiate a topic about Jessica.

 

“Working in Sydney and living there is my choice and Jess got nothing to do with it ok. So stop dragging her name whenever we’re talking. Past is past. Do you understand Lee Soon-kyu?”

 

Joon asks his sister while frowning at her.

 

“Why are you so bitter with Jess Unnie? She just support you dreams”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother. She’s actually confused why Joon is bitter with Jessica when all she did is to support his dream in studying in Sydney and become a good eye doctor.

 

“Don’t talk as if you know everything that happens between me and Jess. You know nothing Sunny, so shut your mouth ok”

 

Joon told Soon-kyu.

 

“Then tell me what happen between you and Jess Unnie”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, encouraging him to open up about his past relationship with Jessica. Soon-kyu is really curious as to why her brother is always bitter when it comes to his past relationship with Jessica. Soon-kyu doesn’t really know what exactly happen between Joon and Jessica. The only thing that she knows is that they decided to break up before Joon fly in Sydney to study medicine and chase his dream of becoming a good eye doctor, but aside from that, Soon-kyu doesn’t know what else happen that causes her brother to get bitter with Jessica. Joon is a very private person. He never opens up his problem to anyone. He just keeps it all by his self. Even his close friends don’t even know his problems in life and don’t know much about him because Joon never speak about his life with them or to any other people.

 

“Past is past Sunny”

 

Joon told his sister, trying to avoid the topic about his break-up with Jessica. Joon doesn’t want to talk about it anymore and he really wants to forget about it.

 

“Past is past, but you still can’t move on. You’re still bitter and judging by the way you speak every time that our topic is Jess Unnie, it seems that you hate her”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, still insisting that Joon should speak up about his break-up with Jessica. Soon-kyu wants to know because she wants to help her brother and Jessica to be together again. She really wants Jessica to be her sister in law and she knows that her brother still loves his ex-girlfriend though he keeps on denying it and even though he’s still a bit bitter with her.

 

“Lee Soon-kyu…”

 

Joon takes a deep breath, controlling his temper towards his sister. He really hates it whenever Soon-kyu bothers him like that. He hates it when his sister starts nagging.

 

“I’m here in Seoul because of work and not to chase my ex-girlfriend ok. Whatever happens between me and Jess is none of your business. It’s between the two of us and you’re out of it. Stop playing cupid ok before I lose my temper to you. Don’t try me honey”

 

Joon told his sister, shooting her a deadly glare. Soon-kyu gulps nervously. She didn’t speak anymore and stop nagging her older brother to speak up and tell her the real reason behind his break-up with Jessica because she knows that her brother is already mad and she’s really scared of Joon whenever he gets mad.

 

“Ok. I won’t talk anymore Oppa”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, avoiding his deadly glare. Joon takes a sip on his coffee before standing up.

 

“Where are you going? We’re not yet done eating our breakfast. I mean, you’re not yet done with your breakfast”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother.

 

“I’m going back in my room now and prepare the things that I’ll need later when I check on Sungmin-shi. I’ll also tell Byunghee and Cheolyong to already prepare for our meeting with Kyuhyun-shi. We’re leaving soon, so finish your breakfast now”

 

Joon told his younger sister before walking away, leaving Soon-kyu alone.

 

“Seriously, he’s becoming more snobbish yearly. Why so serious?”

 

Soon-kyu asks herself.

 

“I wonder what really happen between him and Jess Unnie. He wouldn’t hate Unnie that much if they have a proper break-up”

 

Soon-kyu told herself as she pouts.

 

“Well, if Oppa doesn’t want to tell me about it then I will try to ask Jess Unnie about it. I just hope she will tell me because I’m really curious about it and I hope that she and Oppa will be together again. I really want her to be my sister in law. Umma and Appa also want her for Oppa”

 

Soon-kyu told herself. She takes a sip on her cranberry juice. Soon-kyu sighs and continues eating her breakfast alone.

 

~~~

 

 “Kyu, why can’t I go with you and mom?”

 

Sungmin asks her husband as she eats dark chocolate cookies happily while sitting comfortably on Kyuhyun’s soft bed. Kyuhyun stares at his wife. He smiles because Sungmin is really cute. She looks like a kid eating happily.

 

“She really gains weight”

 

Kyuhyun whispers before sitting beside his wife, joining her on their bed.

 

“You need to stay here because mom and I are just going to fetch Doctor Park and your eye doctors. We will all go here because they will check on you”

 

Kyuhyun explains.

 

“Then why does Doctor Park also need to be here? Is she going to check our baby cherub?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“No. Your eye doctors will talk to her and that’s why she also needs to be here. She needs to know the entire plan for your eye surgery for the safety of our little cherub. She and your eye doctors must cooperate with each other to make sure that our little cherub will be safe”

 

Kyuhyun explains carefully to his wife, so she won’t get confused about Sunyoung’s presence later in the discussion about Sungmin’s eye surgery. Kyuhyun holds his wife’s beautiful and very lovely face between his hands. He stares at Sungmin who is chewing her food carefully, just like a kid.

 

“You just stay here ok. Your nanny will watch over you. If you need something, you can ask her to get it for you. If you need to use the bathroom, ask her to accompany you. Never ever leave the room or go inside the bathroom without a companion. Do you understand?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head as she continues eating happily.

 

“If you’re feeling sleepy, just go to sleep and take a rest. I’ll just wake you when we arrive with your doctors”

 

“Where is Jessica Unnie? Did she go to work today?”

 

Sungmin asks before taking a bite on her dark chocolate cookie that she’s holding. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“No. She just goes in her office to get important documents. She will be back soon. Just wait for her here in our room ok. Don’t get off of the bed unless you really need to”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods cutely.

 

“You and mom will be back soon, right? You won’t be gone for a long time, right? I don’t want you to be away from me for a long time. You need to go back soon because I’m going to miss you”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smiles and shook his head happily.

 

“Don’t worry my baby Min. I’ll be back soon. I won’t be away for a long time. Wait for me patiently ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

 

“I’m going now. I’ll see you later”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods.

 

“You and mom should take care. Be safe. I and our little cherub will wait for you patiently. That’s a promise”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun happily. Kyuhyun carefully leans his head on his wife’s tummy.

 

“Little cherub, daddy is just going out with your grandma. We’re going to fetch mommy’s doctors and bring them here for mommy’s check-up. Wait for me ok. Behave and don’t give mommy a hard time. Don’t worry because daddy won’t be away for a long time. I’ll be back soon. I love you honey”

 

Kyuhyun told their baby. He lifted Sungmin’s blouse, revealing her belly. Sungmin smiles when she feels her husband kisses her tummy before pulling down the hem of her blouse. Kyuhyun raises his head and stares at his wife.

 

“I love you baby”

 

“I love you too Kyu”

 

Sungmin smiles sweetly at her husband.

 

“Massage my feet and legs later ok”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun nods.

 

“Ok. No problem baby. I’ll give you a relaxing massage later. Do you want me to buy you something?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin thinks for awhile.

 

“I want pumpkin pie”

 

Sungmin told her husband while smiling at him. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Your wish is my command my Queen. I’ll buy you a pumpkin pie, so you need to behave while I’m away”

 

“Yes Kyu”

 

Kyuhyun smiles and stands up.

 

“I’m going now. Take care of yourself. I’ll be back soon. Jess will be home soon. I love you my beautiful and very lovely baby Min. See you later”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He holds her tummy and gently rubs it.

 

“I love you too little cherub”

 

Kyuhyun gives Sungmin a sweet peck. He gets his backpack on the lounger and wears it. He kisses his wife’s wonderful lips for the last time before going out of their room. Kyuhyun went downstairs.

 

“Are we leaving now?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks her son who is smiling brightly at her. Kyuhyun nods his head happily and looks at the head maid.

 

“Ahjumma”

 

Kyuhyun calls the head maid’s attention. The head maid quickly walks towards her and bows her head.

 

“Yes young master? What can I do for you?”

 

The head maid asks Kyuhyun with a smile on her lips.

 

“Please tell my wife’s nanny to go in my room now and watch over Min for the meantime while mom and I are away. We’re just going to fetch Min’s doctors. We will be back soon. Remind the chefs that the doctors will have lunch here ok. Jess will be home soon. Tell Min’s nanny not to leave her unless Jess arrives at home”

 

Kyuhyun told the head maid, giving her instructions. The head maid nods her head.

 

“Yes young master. Don’t worry about young lady. We will watch her very carefully and we will take care of her and make sure that she will be fine and safe while you and Ma’am are away from home”

 

The head maid told Kyuhyun happily.

 

“Thank you Ahjumma”

 

Kyuhyun told the head maid, smiling at her.

 

“Ahjumma…”

 

Mrs. Cho calls the head maid’s attention. The head maid looks at her with a smile on her lips.

 

“Yes Ma’am?”

 

The head maid asks Mrs. Cho.

 

“Jess is already on her way home. Fany and Siwon will be here later. Tell the chefs that they will have dinner here with there parents”

 

Mrs. Cho informs the head maid who nods her head.

 

“Is there anything else?”

 

The head maid asks. Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“You may leave now and call my daughter in law’s nanny”

 

Mrs. Cho told the head maid, smiling at her. The head maid bows at Kyuhyun and Mrs. Cho before going at the maid’s headquarter.

 

“Are they going to bring baby Seunghyun with them?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho nods happily.

 

“I already miss my nephew. I must practice holding a baby later, so I already know how to hold my child when he finally arrives”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother, giggling happily like a kid who saw his crush.

 

“Come mom. We need to go now or else we will be late in our appointment and it will be very embarrassing if that happens”

 

“Ok”

 

Mrs. Cho smiles at her son, feeling happy because she knows that Kyuhyun is really happy for his wife’s pregnancy and soon eye surgery. Kyuhyun happily wraps his hands around his mother’s arm as they leave the mansion together. The Cho family driver greets them and bows at them before opening the door of the family’s limousine. Kyuhyun let his mother to go inside first before he enters. The family driver bows at them before closing the door gently. He runs towards the driver’s seat and went inside. The family driver starts driving the limousine as they leave the Cho mansion with Kyuhyun and Mrs. Cho’s bodyguards who are riding the Black BMW cars  in front and at the back of the limousine.

 

~~~

 

*COFFEE LAB*

 

 

Kyuhyun arrives at the Coffee Lab with his mother and Sunyoung. They went there to meet Sungmin’s eye doctors. Soon-kyu smiles brightly upon seeing Kyuhyun.

 

“Good morning Doctor Lee”

 

Kyuhyun greets Soon-kyu, shaking her hand.

 

“Good morning Kyuhyun-shi”

 

Soon-kyu greets Kyuhyun with a bright smile on her lips.

 

“By the way…”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his mother and Sunyoung.

 

“This is my mom and this is my wife’s OB, Doctor Park Sunyoung”

 

Kyuhyun introduces his mother and wife’s OB to Soon-kyu who smiles at them brightly.

 

“It’s good to see you again Mrs. Cho”

 

Soon-kyu told Kyuhyun’s mother who is smiling at her. Mrs. Cho and Soon-kyu already know each other. They already meet once during Jessica’s birthday party. Jessica introduces Soon-kyu to her.

 

“It’s good to see you too sweetheart. The world is really small. Who knows that you’re going to be my daughter in law’s eye doctor? I’m so happy about it”

 

Mrs. Cho told Soon-kyu happily.

 

“This is Doctor Park Sunyoung. She’s a very good doctor and she’s my daughter in law’s OB”

 

Mrs. Cho told Soon-kyu, introducing Sunyoung to her. Soon-kyu shakes Sunyoung’s hand happily.

 

“It’s good to meet you Doctor Park. I’m Doctor Lee Soon-kyu. Sunny for short”

 

Soon-kyu told Sunyoung happily. Sunyoung nods her head and smiles at her.

 

“It’s good to meet you Doctor Lee”

 

Sunyoung told Soon-kyu before letting go of her hand.

 

“Oh! Before I forgot…”

 

Soon-kyu stares at her older brother and his colleagues.

 

“Let me introduce my brother to you”

 

Soon-kyu pulls Joon towards Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi, this is my older brother. He and his team will be the one who will handle your wife’s case and they are the one who will do the eye surgery for your wife”

 

Soon-kyu told Kyuhyun. Joon shakes Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

“Good morning Mr. Cho. It’s good to meet you. I’m Doctor Lee Joon. I and my team are the one who will handle the case of your wife and we’re going to do our best to give her eyesight”

 

Joon told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

 

“It’s good to meet you Doctor Lee”

 

Kyuhyun told Joon while staring at him. Kyuhyun thinks that his cousin’s ex-boyfriend is really gorgeous, but looks so serious and snobbish. He suddenly wonders why Jessica breaks-up with him.

 

“Ah…Mr. Cho, is there something wrong?”

 

Joon asks as he notices Kyuhyun staring at him, observing him. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Oh! Sorry about that. I just remember my wife”

 

Kyuhyun lied. He smiles at Joon and looks at his mother.

 

“I want you to meet my mom and my wife’s OB, Doctor Park Sunyoung”

 

Kyuhyun introduces his mother and his wife’s OB to Joon who bows at Mrs. Cho.

 

“It’s good to see you again. It’s been a long time since we last met. How are you now Joon?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks Joon.

 

“You know him?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho nods her head happily.

 

“Jess introduce him to me before”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers to her son. Kyuhyun just nods his head. Joon smiles at Mrs. Cho.

 

“I’m fine and it’s good to see you again. I read the news about your husband’s dead. My deep condolence to you Ma’am and to your family. But I hope you’re already doing great now. Life still need to goes on no matter what”

 

Joon told Mrs. Cho.

 

“It’s really hard, but I’m doing great now. I’m moving on with the help of my son and my daughter in law. They are my strength and my soon to be grandchild. I know that the baby will bring great happiness to all of us”

 

Mrs. Cho told Joon.

 

“By the way…”

 

Mrs. Cho holds Sunyoung’s hand and introduces her to Joon.

 

“She’s my daughter in law’s OB”

 

Mrs. Cho told Joon. Sunyoung smiles at Joon and shakes his hand.

 

“It’s good to meet you doctor. I’m Doctor Park Sunyoung. I’m Minnie’s OB and it will be my honor to work with you and your team”

 

Sunyoung told Joon happily. Joon nods his head and smiles at Sunyoung.

 

“It’s good to meet you Doctor Park. I’m Doctor Lee Joon and it’s also my honor to work with you. Thank you for your cooperation”

 

Joon told Sunyong.

 

“Before we go, let me introduce two of my colleagues. I bring them with me to check on Sungmin-shi and do some research and studies about her LCA, hoping that we can find the best possible way to cure her blindness and give her eyesight. Let me do the honor to introduce two great doctors in my team who will help me make the eye surgery successful. They are Doctor Jung Byunghee and Doctor Bang Cheolyong”

 

Joon told them as he introduces Byunghee and Cheolyong to Kyuhyun, Mrs. Cho and Sunyoung. Byunghee and Cheolyong bow at them and shake their hands.

 

“Can we go now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Joon nods at him.

 

“We’re going to ride with Sunny. We’re just going to follow from behind”

 

Joon told Kyuhyun.

 

“It’s ok Doctor Lee. You can ride with us”

 

Kyuhyun told Joon who shook his head.

 

“It’s ok Mr. Cho. We’re going to be fine. My sister brings her car with her. Let’s just see each other in your house. Sunny will follow from behind”

 

“Sure?”

 

Kyuhyun asks with concern. Joon nods his head.

 

“Well then…let’s go”

 

Joon nods at Kyuhyun. They leave the coffee shop.

 

“See you at home”

 

Kyuhyun told Joon who nods his head at him. The Cho family driver opens the door of the black limousine. Mrs. Cho and Sunyoung go inside first. Kyuhyun bid goodbye to the doctors and give his bodyguards some instructions and informs them that Soon-kyu’s car will be following the limousine, so they must drive behind Soon-kyu’s car. Kyuhyun go inside the black limousine after talking to his bodyguards. The first Black BMW car leaves followed by the black limousine and then Soon-kyu’s car and finally the second black BMW car.

 

“No wonder he’s the son of the well known CEO. Seriously, we’re like celebrities here because were being followed by his bodyguards from behind”

 

Byunghee told them happily while staring at the back.

 

“Do they usually go out like this?”

 

Byunghee asks Joon.

 

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me?”

 

Joon asks with a serious expression.

 

“Because it seems that you know the Cho family for a long time, especially your baby sister”

 

Byunghee told Joon.

 

“Sunny-ah, do they usually go out like this? I mean, they have a lot of bodyguards”

 

Byunghee asks Soon-kyu.

 

“It depends on their mood Oppa. Sometimes they go out without bodyguards. Why?”

 

Soon-kyu asks. Byunghee shook his head.

 

“Nothing. I just found it daebak”

 

Byunghee smiles and sits properly.

 

“How did you know the Cho family?”

 

Byunghee asks Soon-kyu.

 

“I know them because of my brother”

 

Soon-kyu answers. Byunghee and Cheolyong stare at Joon who is very quiet.

 

“You’re friends with Kyuhyun-shi?”

 

Cheolyong asks. Soon-kyu bites her lower lip to avoid laughing.

 

“It seems that your colleagues don’t know Jessica Unnie”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother, teasing him.

 

“WHO IS JESSICA?”

 

Byunghee and Cheolyong ask excitedly. Joon sighs heavily and stares at his friends through the rare view mirror, shooting them a very serious glare. Byunghee and Cheolyong give him a peace sign and hold their lips, indicating that they will already shut their mouth.

 

“Just focus your attention on the road. Don’t mind other people’s business”

 

Joon told his younger sister coldly.

 

“Fine”

 

Soon-kyu whispers. She sighs and just continues driving her car as the atmosphere starts getting cold and really quiet.

 

~~~

 

*CHO MANSION*

 

 

Jessica was happily combing her cousin in law’s long black hair while they are sitting on Kyuhyun’s soft bed.

 

“I think you should have a new haircut sweetheart”

 

Jessica suggested.

 

“Is my hair not beautiful anymore?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jessica shook her head.

 

“That’s not what I mean. Your hair is really beautiful. It’s just that, it’s a bit long now and maybe new haircut won’t be bad”

 

Jessica explains. She gets Sungmin’s pink lace headband on the bed and puts it on Sungmin’s head. Jessica smiles while staring at her beautiful and really lovely cousin in law.

 

“You’re really beautiful. Maybe you can have a short hair with side bangs and new hair color as well”

 

Jessica happily told Sungmin. She gets her cousin in law’s lip balm and starts applying it to Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

 

“I really love your lips. It’s so beautiful. Seriously, your parents’ genes are really beautiful. If only you can see yourself sweetheart, I’m sure that you’re going to tell yourself that you’re really lovely and beautiful. I’m not kidding Min. Kyu is really lucky to have you as his wife. Beautiful, smart, lovely and really nice. In short, you’re a very wonderful girl and cute”

 

Jessica told Sungmin before gently pinching her cheek.

 

“Thank you Unnie”

 

Sungmin told her cousin in law while smiling sweetly.

 

“Should we go at the parlor on Wednesday after your class here at home? That’s my day off”

 

Jessica told her cousin in law. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Why not?”

 

Jessica asks.

 

“I should ask permission first with Kyu. You see Unnie. Kyu never allows me anymore to go out without him”

 

Sungmin told Jessica who sighs.

 

“Aish! Your hubby is being too overprotective again. Oh well! I do understand. He just wants you to be safe all the time and of course…”

 

Jessica smiles brightly and holds Sungmin’s tummy.

 

“He also wants to make sure that your little cherub will also be fine all the time. He’s such a sweet hubby and soon to be daddy. That brat is really excited and he’s so funny. But honestly Min sweetheart, all of us are already excited for the arrival of your little cherub. Is it going to be little Kyu or little Min?”

 

Jessica told Sungmin happily while rubbing her cousin in law’s tummy.

 

“Soon, your baby bump will already be evident. I already want to see you with big tummy. I bet you’ll be cute and still beautiful. You know Min? To be honest, you’re the most beautiful pregnant woman that I ever saw. Fany is not that beautiful when she’s carrying baby Seunghyun in her tummy and my other friends who are already married is not even beautiful during their pregnancy. I bet they will be envy if they see you because you’re really beautiful…more beautiful”

 

Jessica told Sungmin with a bright smile.

 

“Unnie, when are we going to visit Fany Unnie again? I already miss her and Oppa and of course baby Seunghyun. I want to carry him on my arms again”

 

Sungmin told Jessica with a sweet smile on her lips.

 

“Speaking of Fany…”

 

Jessica happily wraps her hands on her cousin in law’s arm and rests her head on Sungmin’s shoulder.

 

“She will visit us here today. She will be with Siwon Oppa and their parents and of course baby Seunghyun. Let’s play with him later ok”

 

Jessica told Sungmin while giggling happily. She also misses Tiffany that much and she wants to see baby Seunghyun and cuddles him in her arms. Sungmin nods happily.

 

“What time are they going to arrive?”

 

Sungmin asks, feeling excited. Jessica shook her head.

 

“I don’t know. Aunt just told me that they will eat dinner here. Let’s just wait for them ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin nods her head while smiling.

 

“Unnie…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Jessica asks as she stares at Sungmin.

 

“What time is it?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jessica stares at her wrist watch to check the time.

 

“It’s already eleven thirty in the morning. Why? Are you already hungry? Do you want us to eat our lunch now? I’m just not sure if the chefs are already done cooking”

 

Jessica told Sungmin who shook her head.

 

“I’m not yet hungry. I’m just wondering why Kyu and mom are still not home. Kyu told me that he will not be away for a long time. But it’s going to be twelve noon soon and he’s not yet home”

 

Sungmin told Jessica.

 

“Unnie, do you think they able to meet my doctors?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jessica nods her head. She holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between her hands and smiles at her cousin in law.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure that they are already on their way home. They will soon arrive ok”

 

Jessica told Sungmin.

 

“Unnie, you’re going to meet your ex-boyfriend again”

 

Sungmin told Jessica.

 

“Oh! Why don’t we just go at the garden while waiting for them to arrive? I saw gardener ahjusshi last week. He bought new flowers. Maybe we can check it out. Let’s go at the garden first”

 

Jessica told Sungmin, changing the topic. Sungmin just nods her head. She didn’t even bother to ask her cousin in law about how she really feels because she will meet her ex-boyfriend again. Sungmin can feel that Jessica still loves her ex-boyfriend. Sungmin wants to ask if there’s still hope for them to be together again, but she didn’t bother asking anymore because she can feel that her cousin in law is not yet ready to talk about it and she doesn’t want to talk about her past and of course her ex-boyfriend and Sungmin respect that.

 

“Ok. That was a great idea Unnie. I also miss going at the garden. I already miss chatting with garden ahjusshi”

 

Sungmin told Jessica, smiling at her. Jessica smiles and gets off of the bed.

 

“Let’s not bring your cane anymore ok. I’ll be your eyes. I promise that I will not let you fall and I’ll make sure that you and your little cherub will be fine and safe. Just stay on bed for awhile. I’ll just go inside your walk-in closet to get your shoes”

 

Jessica told her cousin in law before going inside her walk-in closet to get Sungmin’s shoes. She opens one cabinet full of shoes. Jessica starts choosing the right choose for her cousin in law.

 

“Min is no longer allowed to wear heels”

 

Jessica whispers. She smiles and gets Sungmin’s flat rhinestone thong sandals.

 

“This will be perfect”

 

Jessica whispers happily. She leaves her cousin in law’s walk-in closet and returns inside the room. She walks towards Sungmin who is quietly sitting on the bed.

 

“I’m back”

 

Jessica told Sungmin. She slowly sits on her heels and puts Sungmin’s sandals on her feet.

 

“There you go. We can go now”

 

Jessica told her cousin in law while smiling at her. She carefully stand up and holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“Careful sweetheart”

 

Jessica helps Sungmin to stand.

 

“Just hold my hand ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin smiles at her cousin in law.

 

“Let’s go now”

 

Jessica told Sungmin. She guides Sungmin’s way as they leave the room together.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

The maids bow at Kyuhyun, Mrs. Cho and to the doctors as they arrive at the Cho mansion.

 

“Where is my wife?”

 

Kyuhyun asks one of the maids while the head maid and the other maids assist their visitors at the living room.

 

“Young lady is in your room with young lady Jessica. They are watching a movie awhile ago”

 

The maid informs Kyuhyun.

 

“Please call the now and tell them to go down because the doctors are already here”

 

Kyuhyun instructed the maid.

 

“Yes young master”

 

The maid bows at Kyuhyun. She was about to go up to call Sungmin and Jessica when the elevator door opens. Jessica went out with Sungmin.

 

“After we visit the garden and have a happy chat with gardener ahjusshi, maybe we can have a tea party at the gre—“

 

Jessica stops talking when she notices Kyuhyun walking towards them.

 

“Kyu is here”

 

Jessica whispers to Sungmin, making her smile. Kyuhyun stand in front of his wife and cousin.

 

“Hi baby. How are you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his wife before giving her a sweet peck on her lips.

 

“I’m fine. Unnie and I eat awhile ago while watching a movie. Did you buy my pumpkin pie?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes”

 

Kyuhyun answers. Sungmin claps her hands happily.

 

“Your doctors are already here”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He holds her hand.

 

“Come. Let’s join them at the living room. They are with mom”

 

“Is Unnie’s ex-boyfriend also there?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun smiles as he looks at his cousin who is blushing a little.

 

“Excited to see your snobbish and very serious ex-boyfriend?”

 

Kyuhyun asks Jessica, teasing her.

 

“Shut up! I’m going back in my room now and review my report”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun. But Sungmin stops her.

 

“No. You need to join us Unnie”

 

“But…”

 

“Please”

 

Sungmin begs her cousin in law. Jessica stares at her. She really doesn’t want to join them because she’s not yet ready to see Joon. She knows that the atmosphere between them will just be cold and they will just feel very awkward with each other.

 

“You can’t say no to a pregnant woman”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin, convincing her to join them. Jessica takes a deep breath and just nods her head.

 

“Ok. I surrender. Let’s go now”

 

Jessica told them. The couple smile at her. Kyuhyun holds his wife’s hand tightly as they start walking at the living room. He and Jessica are guiding Sungmin’s steps to make sure that she will be safe and won’t hurt herself. Mrs. Cho smiles as she saw her beautiful and very lovely daughter in law with her son and niece.

 

“My daughter in law is already here”

 

Mrs. Cho told them. Soon-kyu stares at her older brother as he and his colleagues stare at Kyuhyun with Sungmin and Jessica. Joon’s heart starts beating fast as he stares at his ex-girlfriend. Joon and his colleagues stand up to greet Sungmin and Jessica.

 

“Let me introduce my wife, Cho Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun told them, introducing his beautiful and very lovely wife to Joon, Byunghee and Cheolyong. Sungmin bows at them.

 

“Just as I thought, his wife is beautiful because he’s gorgeous”

 

Byunghee whispers softly to Joon and Cheolyong while staring at Sungmin who looks so cute with her mint short sleeved blouse and silk gray shorts. Joon and Cheolyong both agree to him.

 

“She’s lovely”

 

Cheolyong whispers.

 

“Shut up both of you. We’re here for work and she’s already married”

 

Joon told them before focusing his attention to Sungmin.

 

“It’s good to meet you Sungmin-shi. I’m Soon-kyu’s older brother, Doctor Lee Joon. You can just call me Doctor Joon”

 

Joon told Sungmin as he shakes her hand. Sungmin nods and smiles brightly.

 

“It’s good to meet you Doctor Joon”

 

Sungmin told her doctor happily.

 

“I’m here with my colleagues. They are part of my team. They will help me with your eye surgery. Let me introduce you Doctor Jung and Doctor Bang”

 

Joon told Sungmin. Byunghee shakes Sungmin’s hand while staring at her.

 

“It’s an honor to meet you Ms. Cho Sungmin. I’m Doctor Jung Byunghee”

 

Byunghee introduces his self before letting go of Sungmin’s hand. Cheolyong smiles at Sungmin.

 

“I’m Doctor Bang Cheolyong. It’s nice to meet you”

 

Cheolyong told Sungmin as he shakes her hand. Sungmin bows at them.

 

“This is my cousin, Jung Jessica”

 

Kyuhyun told them, introducing Jessica to them. Jessica bows at them and shakes Byunghee and Cheolyong’s hands, ignoring Joon who just stare at her.

 

“Can we start the things that we need to do now?”

 

Joon asks Kyuhyun.

 

“Ok. No problem Doctor Joon”

 

Kyuhyun told Joon, emphasizing his name before staring at Jessica. He wants to see his cousin’s reaction. But Jessica didn’t even show any emotions. She just sits beside Mrs. Cho and have a chat with Soon-kyu, pretending that she and Joon don’t know each other and at the same time Joon is also doing it. Kyuhyun and Sungmin can feel the coldness and awkwardness between Jessica and Joon.

 

“Doctor Park is here as well”

 

Kyuhyun whispers to his wife, making her smile.

 

“She will check on you later”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin as he helps her sit on the couch while Joon is preparing the things that he will need with the help of Byunghee and Cheolyong. Joon wears his lab gown. Jessica thinks that Joon is really gorgeous with his lab gown as she stares on him.

 

“Let me check your eyes first”

 

Joon told Sungmin. He gets his small flashlight and starts checking Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“You never undergo any medical procedures for your eyes?”

 

Joon asks as he checks Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“No. My doctor when I was twelve told my parents that I should undergo an eye surgery to cure my blindness because if not then I’ll be blind forever”

 

Sungmin told Joon sadly.

 

“Am I going to be blind forever?”

 

Sungmin asks. Joon can feel his patient’s sadness through her voice. Joon stares at her.

 

“No”

 

Joon told Sungmin before smiling at her. Joon turns off his flashlight and puts it in the pocket of his lab gown. He kneels down to have the same level with Sungmin who is sitting on the couch with Kyuhyun. Joon holds Sungmin’s hands and stares at her.

 

“You’re my patient and I am your doctor. As a doctor, I’m going to do everything and will give my very best to give you eyesight. What I want you to do as my patient is to trust me and my team. I’m giving you hope and you need to believe on that hope and never let it go because once you did then it’s over. Don’t give up on that hope because I’m not going to give up on it. I need your cooperation and trust. Do you understand me Sungmin-shi?”

 

Joon told Sungmin, giving her strength and hope that she will be able to see. That’s the way Joon cheer his patients. He always wants them to have faith and hope and never give up. He wants Sungmin to believe that she will be able to see. He wants Sungmin to be strong because his patients’ strength is also his strength and their trust for him will always give him determination to keep going and never give up. Joon believes that he becomes a good doctor because of his patients and not because of his knowledge and ability to become a good eye doctor. His patients are his inspirations in everything that he does and he always give them importance and love them like his own family.

 

“Ok Doctor Joon. I will put my trust in you. But just call me Minnie. I want us to have a good patient and doctor relationship. I know that you’re my only hope. I will be able to see with your help and with your teammates’ help”

 

Sungmin told Joon with a sweet smile on her lips. Joon nods his head.

 

“That’s the spirit Minnie. We can do this together ok and your family is always there to support you, especially your husband. I know that he loves you so much and he will be with you in this long journey towards the success of your eye surgery. He will give you strength and of course your baby”

 

Joon told Sungmin.

 

“Let’s start the things that we need to accomplish on this day?”

 

Joon asks. Sungmin nods her head as an answer. Joon gently pats Sungmin’s cheek before standing up.

 

“Doctor Bang will extract blood from you ok. We need it for some test that we’re going to do in the laboratory and to identify what type of LCA you have”

 

Joon told Sungmin who suddenly feels scared. Sungmin just nods her head and holds her husband’s hand tightly. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin worriedly.

 

“Is there something wrong? Are you not feeling well?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly.

 

“I’m scared because they will extract blood from me”

 

Sungmin whispers.

 

“Don’t be because I’m here. It will be alright, so don’t be scared. Just hold my hand and you will be fine. Get some strength from me”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head. Cheolyong walks towards Sungmin, holding a tourniquet.

 

“It’s not painful. Just relax. You’ll be fine”

 

Cheolyong told Sungmin as he carefully ties the tourniquet on Sungmin’s right arm. He finds a good vein and gently rubs alcohol on that area. Cheolyong gets a syringe in his lab gown.

 

“I’m going to extract blood now. Make a fist. Take a deep breath and relax”

 

Cheolyong told Sungmin who follows his instructions. Kyuhyun holds his wife’s hand tightly, so she won’t be scared of the needle. Sungmin takes a deep breath. Cheolyong carefully inserts the needle and start extracting blood from Sungmin who gently bites her lower lip to calm herself and take her fear away.

 

“Ok. We’re done now”

 

Cheolyong told Sungmin. He puts a piece of gauze over the puncture area and gently pulls the needle. He told Kyuhyun to put a pressure on it for fifteen minutes to stop the bleeding before he walks away and put Sungmin’s blood inside two vacutainer tubes.

 

“You’re ok?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“We’re done now. We will bring Minnie’s blood in the hospital and study it in the laboratory. I’ll just give Kyuhyun-shi a call to set the second appointment with Minnie”

 

Joon told them.

 

“Joon sweetheart, can I just ask when will you perform the eye surgery to my daughter in law?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks. Joon looks at her.

 

“Minnie can undergo eye surgery as soon as we found out about the type of LCA she has. But unfortunately, we can’t do that because she’s pregnant. I don’t want to risk the baby’s life and I’m sure that Doctor Park won’t agree on an early eye surgery. We will wait until Minnie gives birth before we proceed to the eye surgery and some medical procedures that we need to do to Minnie before the eye surgery itself”

 

Joon explains.

 

“What kind of medical procedures?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks.

 

“Gene therapy, but I still need to talk about it with Doctor Park and of course with Kyuhyun-shi because it’s a very sensitive medical procedure since we need to correct all the defective genes to cure the disease. The procedure is very risky, but we really need to perform it. If we can find other medical procedure that is not that risky then we might consider it, but it will still depend on the situation”

 

Joon explains.

 

“It’s a long journey for Minnie for her to be able to have her eyesight. So, I’m asking that we all support each other to make this eye surgery successful. My teammates and I promise that we will do our very best to give Minnie the chance to finally see the beauty of the world, the people around her, especially her family and her husband and her baby. Of course I also want her to be able to see how beautiful and lovely she is and as a doctor, I want my patients to live like normal people do. It will take time, but I promise that it’s worth the wait”

 

Joon told them, assuring Sungmin and her family that there’s still hope for Sungmin to have her eyesight. Jessica smiles inwardly because she feels proud of her ex-boyfriend. Joon’s determination, passion and love for everything that he’s doing are some of the many characteristics that made Jessica fall in love with him. Jessica is happy that Joon was the one who is handling her cousin in law’s case because she knows that Joon will never give up until he finally found the best solution for Sungmin and Jessica knows that Joon will really do his best to give Sungmin the chance to see the beauty of the world.

 

“Doctor Bang and Doctor Jung will be flying back in Sydney next week. I will give them all the useful information that they will bring with them as they attend the Doctor’s Conference in Liverpool with two more doctors in our team. Minnie’s case will be discussed in that conference. Doctors in different countries will attend that conference to help us and share their knowledge about LCA and the possible treatment for Minnie. When I finally gather all the information that I need, that’s the only time that I’m going to go back in Sydney to call for another conference and have a meeting with my teammates regarding Sungmin’s eye surgery. I’ll just keep in touch with Kyuhyun-shi and Doctor Park because I also need to monitor Minnie’s pregnancy”

 

Joon told them, explaining his plans and preparations for Sungmin’s eye surgery. The head maid arrives at the living room. She excuses herself and whispers something on Mrs. Cho before leaving.

 

“Let me interrupt you first Joon sweetheart. I think we need to go now at the dining room because lunch is ready. We can just discuss more of it while having our lunch or after lunch”

 

Mrs. Cho told Joon.

 

“Oh! It’s ok Ma’am. We can set a date for the second appointment. Thanks for the lunch, but we ne—“

 

Mrs. Cho raises her hand to stop Joon from talking.

 

“Please, we really prepare this lunch for all of you. Stay and let’s all have lunch together. This is the only time that I’m going to see you again, so please reject my offer”

 

Mrs. Cho told Joon while smiling at him. Soon-kyu smiles because she knows that her older brother’s excuse won’t work with Mrs. Cho. She knows that Joon is just trying to reason out to avoid Jessica.

 

“Please Joon sweetheart. Do I still need to beg you? And it’s already lunch time. It will be harsh if we just send you away without inviting you for lunch”

 

Mrs. Cho told her niece’s ex-boyfriend. Joon stares at Jessica who is also staring at her. He takes a deep breath and stares at Mrs. Cho, nodding his head. He doesn’t want to be mean towards Mrs. Cho and beside, she’s the one who is inviting them for lunch and not Jessica and it will be ill-mannered if he will keep on refusing knowing that Mrs. Cho prepares lunch for them.

 

“Ok”

 

Joon told Mrs. Cho.

 

“Well then, let’s all go inside the dining room now and have a peaceful lunch together”

 

Mrs. Cho told them. She escorted Joon, Sunyoung, Byunghee and Cheolyong inside the dining room while Jessica and Soon-kyu go there together.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Kyuhyun stares at his wife and notices her holding her head.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong? Are you not feeling well?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly.

 

“I’m feeling so dizzy again and I want to throw up”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“OMO!”

 

Kyuhyun quickly stands up.

 

“What will I do?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he starts to panic.

 

“You stay there. I’m going to call Doctor Park”

 

“No…Kyu…”

 

Sungmin covers with her hand.

 

“I’m going to throw up…please help me go to the bathroom”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun carries Sungmin on his arms like a bride and went inside the bathroom on the first floor. He carefully puts down his wife and assists her towards the sink. Sungmin buries her beautiful face on the sink as she throws up. Kyuhyun starts to worry about his wife again. He can tell that Sungmin is having a hard time again just by watching her throw up. Kyuhyun rubs his wife’s back, hoping that he can at least ease the pain that Sungmin is feeling at that moment.

 

“Baby, please tell me that you’re fine. I’m worried”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife who keeps on throwing up on the sink. Sungmin is feeling really weak. Her body is aching and she’s feeling very dizzy again. She thought that she’s already fine and she won’t be experiencing morning sickness anymore, but she’s wrong. Sungmin washes her face and . Kyuhyun helps her dry her beautiful face with the paper towels. Kyuhyun throws the used paper towels inside the trash bin. He stares at his wife. He starts to worry when he notices that his wife is pale again. Sungmin was panting hard and her sweats are cold. Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s face between his hands.

 

“Baby, tell me how do you feel? Should I bring you at the hospital now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Sungmin shook her head slowly. She buries her beautiful and pale face on the sink again as she starts throw up again.

 

“Oh my God! This is bad. I need to call Doctor Park now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife.

 

“Don’t…leave…me”

 

Sungmin whispers. She washes again after throwing up and wipes it with paper towels.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin falls on Kyuhyun’s arms because she’s already feeling weak to stand and she’s feeling so dizzy. Kyuhyun carries her on his arms.

 

“Let’s go to our room now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He went out of the bathroom and rides the elevator to go up to his room. Kyuhyun went inside his room and laid his wife on the bed.

 

“Do you need anything?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he starts Sungmin’s hair. Sungmin shook her head and closes her head. Kyuhyun quickly grabs the telephone on top of the bedside table and calls downstairs. He told the head maid to tell Doctor Park to go up to his room because Sungmin is not feeling well. Kyuhyun hangs up and puts the telephone back on top of the bedside table. He removes Sungmin’s flat shoes and puts it down on the carpeted floor.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hand and softly kisses it.

 

“Tell me that you’re fine…you and our little cherub are fine, right?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he puts his free hand on his wife’s tummy. He stares at Sungmin worriedly.

 

“We’re fine Kyu. I’m just feeling really dizzy again and I feel so weak because of my morning sickness. I thought I’m already done with it, but I was wrong”

 

Sungmin told her husband. They heard a soft knock on the door. Mrs. Cho went inside Kyuhyun’s room with Sunyoung.

 

“What happen?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks worriedly.

 

“She’s having a bad morning sickness again. Was it normal?”

 

Kyuhyun asks Sunyoung, feeling worried.

 

“Should we bring Min in the hospital now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Calm down. I’ll check on her”

 

Sunyoung told Kyuhyun. Sunyoung puts her doctor’s bag on the bed. She opens it and gets her stethoscope and listens to Sungmin’s heart beat. It’s normal tough her heart is really beating fast, even her pulse rate is normal too. Sunyoung gets Sungmin’s temperature to check if she’s sick or not.

 

“Is your tummy aching?”

 

Sunyoung asks Sungmin as she carefully touches Sungmin’s tummy. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’m just feeling dizzy and throwing up a lot. I’m having a bad morning sickness”

 

“Often?”

 

Sunyoung asks. Sungmin nods.

 

“When I wake up in the morning, I’m fine. I thought that I’m already done with my morning sickness. But I was wrong”

 

Sungmin told Sunyoung without opening her eyes.

 

“Are you not having stress with your studies?”

 

Sunyoung asks. Sungmin slowly shook her head.

 

“You’re not doing any strenuous activities?”

 

“Yes”

 

Sunyoung nods her head and stares at Kyuhyun and Mrs. Cho who really look so worried about Sungmin.

 

“There’s nothing to worry about. Minnie and the baby are fine. Some pregnant women are really experiencing a very bad morning sickness”

 

Sunyoung explains to take their worries away. Kyuhyun and Mrs. Cho sigh in relief.

 

“Kyu, I want you to observe your wife. If Minnie will be having a lot of hard time and if she will continue to experience this bad morning sickness, please call me and bring her at Cha Hospital. We’re going to admit her for observation”

 

Sunyoung told Kyuhyun who nods his head.

 

“As for the meantime, let Minnie take a lot of rest…proper bed rest. She must avoid moving a lot, so she won’t feel dizzy that fast. She needs to drink a lot of water and milk in the morning and evening and take a lot of iron supplements. Make sure that she’s drinking all the vitamins that I prescribed to her and make sure that she won’t stress herself that much, be it physically, emotionally or mentally”

 

Sunyoung told them.

 

“Don’t hesitate to call me whenever you need to”

 

Sunyoung told Kyuhyun.

 

“Yes Doctor Park”

 

“Anything else?”

 

Sunyoung asks. Kyuhyun shook her head.

 

“You can feed her later when she’s already feeling well. Don’t worry too much Kyu. She just needs to take a rest and she will be fine again. Be a good nurse ok”

 

Sunyoung told Kyuhyun before focusing her attention on Sungmin.

 

“You take a rest ok. You eat later when you wake up. Don’t worry because there’s nothing wrong with you and your baby is fine. Have complete bed rest for awhile”

 

Sunyoung told Sungmin who nods her head slowly.

 

“Thanks Doctor Park”

 

Sungmin told her doctor, flashing a smile.

 

“You’re welcome”

 

Sunyoung smiles and gently pats Sungmin’s cheek before leaving Kyuhyun’s room with Mrs. Cho. Kyuhyun sighs in relief. He removes his shoes and joins his wife on the bed. Kyuhyun wraps his arms around Sungmin, embracing her.

 

“You go to sleep for the meantime”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife.

 

“You go down now and join them for lunch. It will be ill-mannered if you will not join them for lunch. I’m going to be fine here. I’ll just sleep”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Mom is there and they will surely understand. I won’t leave you”

 

“But you need to eat your lunch. You’re already hungry”

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I’ll stay beside you until you wake up. Let’s go to sleep”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He holds her tummy and gently rubs it.

 

“Little cherub, please behave so mommy won’t have a hard time. Let’s sleep and take a rest ok. Be good”

 

Kyuhyun told his child inside Sungmin’s tummy.

 

“Go to sleep now. Let’s have our lunch together when you wake up”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head and slowly closes her eyes to sleep. Kyuhyun starts his wife’s hair gently and sings a lullaby to put her to sleep.

 

~~~

 

*INCHEON EYE CARE MEDICAL CENTER*

 

 

Joon was inside one of the laboratories of Incheon Eye Care Medical Center with his sister and colleagues. He’s busy examining the blood that they extracted from Sungmin earlier at the Cho mansion while Soon-kyu, Byunghee and Cheolyong are busy working on the task that Joon assigned to each of them. Soon-kyu stops what she’s doing. She gets her ipad and sit beside her older brother who is busy examining a sample of Sungmin’s blood.

 

“Is there really no chance at all?”

 

Soon-kyu asks her older brother while staring at him.

 

“There is”

 

Joon answers. Soon-kyu smiles at him.

 

“Then why do you keep on ignoring her awhile ago? I can feel your coldness with each other and it’s really awkward, isn’t it?”

 

Soon-kyu told her older brother. Joon stops what he’s doing and stares at his little sister. He thought that Soon-kyu was asking about Sungmin’s eye disease.

 

“I thought you’re asking about Minnie’s eye disease”

 

Joon told his little sister. Soon-kyu shook her head.

 

“I’m asking about you and Jess Unnie”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother happily. Joon just shoot her a serious glare, indicating that he’s not interested to talk about his past relationship with Jessica and if there’s still a chance for them to be together again.

 

“Come on Oppa. This is your chance. Why are you being so hard headed or should I say coward?”

 

Soon-kyu teases her brother.

 

“How many times do I need to tell you that Jess and I are over?”

 

“But it doesn’t mean that there’s no more room for second chance”

 

“OF COURSE THERE’S NO MORE ROOM FOR SECOND CHANCE!”

 

Joon raises his voice because of anger. He can’t understand why his little sister keeps on bothering him about his ex-girlfriend. He’s already trying his best to forget Jessica and that painful day wherein Jessica decided to break-up with him and end their relationship.

 

“Look! I don’t understand why you’re always bitter with her!”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother while frowning at him.

 

“YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT SUNNY!”

 

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO TELL ME WHY!”

 

Byunghee and Cheolyong stop what they are doing. They stare at each other, wondering why the siblings are fighting all of a sudden and they are thinking as to whether they should meddle in their business and stop them from fighting or not.

 

“Why do you always need to meddle in my business? Why don’t you just leave me alone? This is my life Sunny! I have the right to do what I want!”

 

Joon told his younger sister angrily. Soon-kyu nods her head.

 

“I know! But I am your sister! I just want what is the best for you!”

 

“Best for me?”

 

Joon asks in a very sarcastic manner.

 

“Do you think she’s the best for me? How can she be the best for me if she chooses to leave me huh?”

 

Joon asks. Soon-kyu fell silent because she doesn’t know anything that happens between her brother and Jessica that cause them to break-up.

 

“TELL ME LEE SOON-KYU!!!”

 

Joon shouts because of anger. Soon-kyu didn’t answer. She just remains quiet.

 

“And now you’re quiet because you know nothing! You don’t know what happen, so stop telling me that you want what is the best for me because she never becomes the best for me! So stop bothering me about her and just do your work properly Doctor Lee Soon-kyu!”

 

Joon told his younger sister while shooting her an angry glare. Joon takes a deep breath and stares at his friends who are staring at him and Soon-kyu.

 

“I just need to take a break. I lose my concentration because of Doctor Soon-kyu. Tell her to do her work properly instead of playing around!”

 

Joon told his friends before leaving the laboratory. Cheolyong and Byunghee walk towards Soon-kyu who is frowning. Soon-kyu’s tears are starting to form in her eyes because of anger. She’s mad at her brother for being too serious and for being narrow-minded.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Cheolyong asks Soon-kyu with concern. Soon-kyu nods her head.

 

“Just don’t mind your brother. He’s just thinking a lot of things lately since Minnie’s case is really special and really difficult”

 

Cheolyong explains. Soon-kyu nods her head.

 

“I know. But he doesn’t need to be narrow-minded all the time”

 

Soon-kyu told her brother’s friends.

 

“I hope you don’t mind if I ask”

 

Byunghee told Soon-kyu.

 

“Ask about?”

 

Soon-kyu asks Byunghee who is staring at her curiously.

 

“Who is the girl that Joon was talking about when you and he are fighting?”

 

Byunghee asks.

 

“Is she his Australian ex-girlfriend?”

 

Byunghee asks curiously. Soon-kyu shook her head.

 

“She’s also Oppa’s ex-girlfriend, but she’s not his Australian ex-girlfriend. She’s no other than Jessica Jung”

 

Soon-kyu told Byunghee.

 

“KYUHYUN-SHI’S COUSIN IS JOON’S EX-GIRLFRIEND?”

 

Byunghee and Cheolyong shout in unison as their eyes grow big. Soon-kyu nods her head.

 

“But don’t tell him that I tell it to both of you or else Oppa will surely kill me”

 

Soon-kyu told them. Byunghee and Cheolyong nod their heads.

 

“What happen to them? Why is he bitter to Jessica?”

 

Byunghee asks. Soon-kyu shook her head.

 

“Well, that’s the thing that I don’t know. You both know Oppa. He’s not the type of person who shares his life with other people, not even to his family and friends. He’s such a very private person”

 

Soon-kyu told them. She sighs sadly.

 

“Let’s just go back to work now before he goes back here. I’m sure that he will start ranting again if he sees us talking to each other and not doing our tasks”

 

Soon-kyu told Byunghee and Cheolyong.

 

“Joon never change at all. He’s still snobbish and really serious”

 

“He doesn’t even know how to enjoy life”

 

Byunghee and Cheolyong told Soon-kyu.

 

“I bet that’s the reason why Jess Unnie leaves him…just my guess”

 

Soon-kyu told them. They all stare at each other and just sigh before going back to work.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun was staring at his wife worriedly while rubbing her back gently. Sungmin was throwing up again.

 

“Baby, let’s just go at the hospital now. I’m worried about you. You’re throwing up again. It’s no longer normal. It’s much better if you will stay in the hospital for the meantime, so Doctor Park and other doctors can monitor you and our little cherub”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin slowly shook her head after washing and her face. Kyuhyun gets paper towels to dry his wife’s beautiful face.

 

“I’m fine Kyu. I can still manage. I’ll tell you if I can no longer make it and that’s the time that you really need to admit me in the hospital”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before hugging him.

 

“I’m worried”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He was about to hug his wife, when Sungmin suddenly pushes him away from her.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin didn’t answer. She just buries her face on the sink and throws up again.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun starts to panic because of worrying too much. Sungmin washes and slowly raises her head.

 

“Kyu, please don’t go near me”

 

Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin curiously, wondering why his wife doesn’t want him to go near her.

 

“But baby…”

 

Kyuhyun moves towards Sungmin, but she moves away when she smells his perfume.

 

“Please, don’t go near me Kyu. You’re going to kill me”

 

“What? Why will I do that? Why will I kill the girl I love?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Yah! That’s not what I mean. Just don’t go near me. Please I’m begging you. Your perfume is killing me. I can smell it and it’s so awful…you smell so awful and my head is aching and I’m feeling dizzy that makes me want to throw up. If you love me, please don’t go near me. I’m begging you…please”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun smells his self and frowns at his wife.

 

“Yah! This is the scent that you love most”

 

“But I totally hate it now. Just go change your clothes if you want to go near me”

 

Sungmin demanded. Kyuhyun sighs and nods his head.

 

“Just stay where you are. Don’t move a muscle. I’ll be right back. I’ll just change my clothes ok. You stay there. If you move, I’m going to get mad at you”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who nods her head slowly. He quickly went inside his walk-in closet and changes is clothes really quick because he’s afraid that his wife will feel dizzy again or passes out and fall on the floor and hurt herself. Kyuhyun is being paranoid every time that Sungmin is having a bad morning sickness and that’s the reason why he’s being too overprotective husband to her because he always want to make sure that nothing bad will happen to Sungmin and to their little cherub. Kyuhyun wants them to be safe all the time and that’s why he always try his best to be home as much as possible, so he will be able to watch over Sungmin and take care of her. Kyuhyun returns inside the bathroom after changing his clothes.

 

“Are you still feeling dizzy?”

 

Kyuhyun asks as he embraces his wife.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin pushes Kyuhyun away.

 

“You didn’t change your clothes”

 

“I did”

 

“I can still smell your awful scent. You take a bath first ok or else I will never let you to go near me all the time”

 

Sungmin demanded. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife without arguing with her. He wants to obey his wife all the time.

 

“But before I take a bath, I’ll carry you first back on bed ok”

 

“No. Just get my cane because I need to go inside my walk-in closet”

 

“But baby…”

 

Kyuhyun tries to protest, but he stops when Sungmin frowns.

 

“Don’t worry about me Kyu. I can do it. I just need to get something. Give me my cane ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun returns inside his room and gets the cane of his wife on top of the bedside table. He goes back inside the bathroom and gives Sungmin’s cane to her.

 

“You take a bath ok”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before unfolding her cane. Kyuhyun quietly follows his wife from behind. He wants to make sure that Sungmin will be fine. Sungmin stop walking.

 

“Kyu, don’t follow me. I can smell your perfume. I told you to take a bath”

 

Sungmin told her husband without turning around.

 

“Ok. Fine. Just be careful”

 

“I will”

 

Sungmin continues walking. Kyuhyun just sighs and takes a bath. Sungmin went inside her walk-in closet. She starts counting up to ten in her mind. She stops when she finally reaches ten. Sungmin slowly turns to her right and walk a little. She runs her hands on the smooth surface of the cabinet, found it’s handles and carefully opens it. Sungmin runs her hands inside the cabinet until she found what she’s looking for. Sungmin opens the bottle of perfume and smells it.

 

“This is the smell that I want. It’s really lovely”

 

Sungmin told herself happily. She closes the cabinet and carefully went out of her walk-in closet. She returns inside Kyuhyun’s room with the perfume on her hand. Sungmin sits on the bed, put down the perfume on the soft mattress and folds her long cane and waits for her husband to finish taking a bath. After one hour and thirty minutes, Kyuhyun went out from the bathroom wearing a simple blue shirt and short pants.

 

“I’m done taking a bath. Can I go near you now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his wife. Sungmin nods her head happily and taps the empty space beside her.

 

“You sit beside me Kyu. I need to do something to you”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while smiling at him. Kyuhyun follows his wife without asking anything. He sits on the empty space beside Sungmin, joining her on the bed.

 

“Can I cuddle you in my arms now?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods at him.

 

“But before that…”

 

Sungmin raises the bottle of perfume that she gets inside her walk-in closet.

 

“What’s with that cherry blossom perfume that Jess bought in Japan for you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks curiously.

 

“I want you to use it. I love that scent now, so please spray it on you”

 

“What?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, disagreeing with his wife.

 

“No way! I’m going to smell like a girl and no way! No way! I don’t want!”

 

Kyuhyun protested while shaking his head slowly. Sungmin frowns.

 

“Then go out of this room and don’t ever sleep with me. You’re free to sleep outside or in other rooms…just don’t sleep with me”

 

Sungmin told her husband while frowning.

 

“That was so unfair! Why are you torturing me like this? I don’t want to sleep in other rooms. I want to sleep here with you. This is our room, so I will stay here whether you like it or not”

 

“Fine. I’ll be the one who will go in other room”

 

Sungmin was about to get off of the bed when Kyuhyun holds her arm to stop her.

 

“Ok. Give me the perfume. I’m going to use it. Just stay here with me. I don’t want you to go away from me ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, snatching the bottle of cherry blossom perfume away from Sungmin’s grip. Kyuhyun opens it and sprays it all over his body. He closes the bottle before putting it on top of the bedside table. Kyuhyun gently pulls Sungmin towards him and hugs her tight.

 

“Happy?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin smiles and hugs Kyuhyun when she finally smells the lovely scent on her husband’s body. Kyuhyun doesn’t care anymore if he smells like a girl as long as Sungmin is happy and won’t hate him and will never push him away from her. Kyuhyun doesn’t want his wife to go away from him and he will never have a good night sleep if Sungmin will not be beside him.

 

“You need to use that perfume all the time ok”

 

“Ok baby. I won’t argue”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making her giggle happily. They are happily cuddling each other on bed when someone knocks on the door.

 

“Aish! Someone is disturbing as again”

 

Kyuhyun whispers.

 

“I’ll check it out first”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s lips before getting off of the bed. He walks towards the door and opens it. He smiles when he sees Jessica with Tiffany and baby Seunghyun.

 

“Baby, Jess and Fany are here with baby Seunghyun”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin slowly gets up and sits on the bed. Jessica and Tiffany stare at Kyuhyun while raising their eyebrows.

 

“What?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“You smell like a girl”

 

Tiffany told her cousin. Jessica suddenly hits Kyuhyun’s arm when she recognizes the smell.

 

“Ouch! Why are so war freak huh? Is that the effect when your ex-boyfriend acts coldly towards you?”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica, teasing her. Tiffany laughs softly when Jessica frowns.

 

“Pabo!”

 

Jessica hits Kyuhyun’s arm again.

 

“It’s not about him. Why are you using the cherry blossom perfume that I bought in Japan? I gave that to Min. It’s hers not yours”

 

Jessica told her cousin who is already laughing at her.

 

“Why don’t you ask her? She wants me to use it. You know. She’s so weird. Just go inside. She’s actually waiting for both of you”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica and Tiffany.

 

“Let me carry my cute nephew. I need to practice on how to be a good daddy now, so I already know what to do when my little cherub arrives”

 

Kyuhyun told Tiffany.

 

“Oh! You’re so sweet. You’re really excited. I’m really happy for you and Minnie”

 

Tiffany happily told Kyuhyun before giving her son to him, allowing her cousin to carry Seunghyun.

 

“Careful”

 

“Ok”

 

Jessica closes the door before she drags Tiffany towards Sungmin. They happily sit on the bed and hugs Sungmin.

 

“I miss you so much”

 

Tiffany told her cousin in law while hugging her.

 

“I’m so happy when Jess told me the good news. You’re going to be a mother soon just like me. I’m so happy for you and Kyu. Finally, both of you will have a little angel soon”

 

Tiffany told her cousin in law while flashing her eye smile. She puts her hand on Sungmin’s tummy and gently rubs it.

 

“My baby Seunghyun will finally have a playmate”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin happily, making her smile.

 

“Unnie, where is baby Seunghyun? Can I hold him and carry him on my arms?”

 

Sungmin asks. Tiffany nods happily and looks at Kyuhyun who is happily playing to her son while carrying him on his arms very carefully. Kyuhyun was happily sitting on the lounger.

 

“Kyu”

 

Tiffany calls her cousin’s attention. Kyuhyun raises his head and stares at Tiffany.

 

“Minnie wants to carry baby Seunghyun”

 

Tiffany told her cousin. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Let’s go to your lovely and very beautiful Aunt Min. She wants to carry you, so behave ok”

 

Kyuhyun told the baby before standing up. He walks towards his wife and sits beside Tiffany.

 

“Baby Seunghyun is here”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife before giving the baby carefully to his wife. Sungmin smiles as she carries the baby happily on her arms.

 

“Hi baby Seunghyun, how are you today? You’re not giving Fany Unnie and Siwon Oppa a hard time, right? You’re so cute”

 

Sungmin happily told her nephew while touching his little fingers.

 

“Siwon and I are really sorry for not attending your pregnancy party at Conrad Hotels and Resorts. We need to take care of Seunghyun”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin.

 

“It’s ok Unnie. Kyu and I understand”

 

Sungmin told Tiffany while smiling at her.

 

“Where is Siwon Hyung?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“He’s downstairs with Umma and Appa, aunt and his parents. He’s looking for you awhile ago, but aunt told him that you’re inside your room with Minnie because she’s not feeling well”

 

Tiffany told Kyuhyun.

 

“Min is having a very bad morning sickness”

 

“What did Doctor Park told you?”

 

Tiffany asks.

 

“She told us that Min should have a proper bed rest. She’s fine and our little cherub. She just needs to have a lot of rest”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin. Tiffany nods at him.

 

“I’m just going down to talk with Siwon Hyung. I’ll leave you here and Jess with Min. Please watch over her”

 

Kyuhyun told Tiffany.

 

“Don’t worry Kyu. Jess and I will take good care of Minnie. You bring baby Seunghyun with you because aunt wants to borrow him”

 

Tiffany told Kyuhyun.

 

“Minnie, is it ok if Kyu will bring baby Seunghyun with him for awhile? He will go downstairs. Aunt wants to borrow baby Seunghyun for the meantime. You can just play with him later”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin.

 

“Ok. No problem Unnie”

 

Sungmin smiles brightly. Kyuhyun carefully gets baby Seunghyun away from his wife’s arms and carries him carefully on his arms.

 

“I’m going to practice being a good daddy”

 

Tiffany and Jessica laugh upon hearing their cousin.

 

“You don’t need to practice Kyu. All of us are sure that you’re going to be a good dad because you’re already a good and very loving husband”

 

Tiffany told her cousin happily.

 

“I still need to practice”

 

Kyuhyun told her.

 

“You and Jess must take care of my wife. I’ll be back later”

 

Kyuhyun told them. Tiffany and Jessica nod their heads.

 

“Baby, I’ll just go down for the meantime and have a chat with aunt and uncle and as well as with Siwon Hyung. I’ll leave you with Fany and Jess. Just give me a call if you need something. I’ll be back later”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. He kisses Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I love you”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. He smiles at his wife before leaving his room with baby Seunghyun.

 

“He’s so sweet”

 

Jessica told Sungmin, making her smile.

 

“He’s really happy and very excited to be a dad soon”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin.

 

“I’m also excited to see my our little cherub soon”

 

Sungmin told Tiffany.

 

“All of us are excited. Honestly Minnie, you gain a lot of weight”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin.

 

“She’s just on her 4th week, going on 5th next week”

 

Jessica told Tiffany whose eyes suddenly grow big.

 

“Really?”

 

Tiffany asks. Sungmin and Jessica nod at her.

 

“Are you carrying twins? You’re already a bit big for the first trimester. But don’t worry about it sweetheart because pregnant women are not the same. You’re still beautiful…more beautiful. I’m not that beautiful like you when I’m pregnant with Seunghyun. I bet your baby is a girl”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin while giggling happily.

 

“That’s also my guess Fany because I once heard from the elders that if the pregnant woman is beautiful, her baby will be a girl. Oh my goodness! We’re going to have a girl in the family”

 

Jessica giggles happily. Sungmin smiles and touches her tummy.

 

“So, it will be Sulli and not Sandeul”

 

Sungmin told them.

 

“Sulli? That’s the name that you’re going to give your baby if she’s a girl?”

 

Tiffany asks. Sungmin nods happily.

 

“Oh! That was a very lovely name. I’m sure that your baby will be very beautiful and cute like you”

 

“Thanks Unnie. I’m really excited to see my little cherub. Was it hard to give birth?”

 

Sungmin asks while rubbing her tummy gently. Tiffany nods her head.

 

“Yes. It’s really painful. I guess it’s the most painful thing that a woman will experience. My entire body is aching so badly and it’s really hard to push and experiencing labor is also hard and painful”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin.

 

“More painful than making love with your husband?”

 

Sungmin asks. Tiffany nods.

 

“One hundred billion painful…I mean, super painful that you can no longer explain how painful it is”

 

Sungmin gulps nervously upon hearing her cousin in law.

 

“But don’t worry sweetheart…”

 

Tiffany smiles and holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“I know that you can do it. If I did it then you can also do it. The pain will eventually vanish when you finally hear your baby’s first cry and when you finally see him and hold him on your arms. So don’t be afraid and Kyu will be there. I’m sure that your very excited hubby will accompany you inside the delivery room. Knowing that brat, I’m sure that he won’t agree to wait outside the delivery room, so he will definitely go with you inside”

 

Tiffany told her cousin in law.

 

“Well, anyway…let’s change our topic for the meantime. I think Jess needs to tell us something about meeting her ex-boyfriend again”

 

Tiffany told Sungmin while staring at Jessica, giving her a teasing glare.

 

“I’m not going to tell you anything ok because nothing happens awhile ago. He’s just acting cold towards me. He never speaks to me”

 

Jessica told Tiffany.

 

“As in no interaction?”

 

Tiffany asks. Jessica nods.

 

“Nothing, not even one. He’s acting as if we don’t know each other”

 

Jessica told Tiffany who sighs heavily.

 

“Boring”

 

Tiffany pouts.

 

“Unnie, I think you’re the one who supposed to do the first move. Maybe he’s feeling shy because this is the first time that he’s going to see you again after long years of being away from each other”

 

Sungmin told Jessica.

 

“You must approach him, so the atmosphere between you and Doctor Joon is not that awkward. Kyu and I can feel it as well as your coldness with each other”

 

Tiffany nods her head, agreeing to Sungmin.

 

“Minnie got a point. Seriously Jess, what really happen between you and Joon?”

 

Tiffany asks. Jessica shook her head.

 

“Let’s not talk about him anymore. There’s no more room for second chance”

 

“WHY NOT?”
 

Sungmin and Tiffany ask in unison. Jessica stares at them sadly.

 

“He wouldn’t give it another chance”

 

Jessica told them sadly.

 

“How did you know Unnie if you and Doctor Joon are not yet trying it? Things will not really work between the two of you if you will not try to fix it”

 

Sungmin told her cousin in law. She can feel that Jessica is hiding something. She’s guessing that there’s something really bad happen between Jessica and Joon that cause them to break-up. Sungmin wants to ask, but she stops herself from doing so. She just decided to let Jessica open up because she can feel that her cousin in law is not yet ready to talk about it. Jessica sighs sadly and shook her head.

 

“We can no longer fix it Min and that’s the truth. So please, let’s not talk about him anymore. What happen between us is already a past and I can no longer reset the time to correct everything. He will never listen to me even if I talk to him. Let’s not disturb him anymore because he’s already happy in his life”

 

Jessica told them sadly.

 

“I’m happy to see him though I’m not yet really ready to see him again. It’s really awkward you know and it’s hard to see him again. But I’m happy that he’s Min’s doctor. I know that he will do his best to give Min eyesight because Joon is the type of person who never gives up easily. He’s full of determination and he always give importance to all the things that he’s doing and being a good eye doctor is really his dream, so I know that he will do anything for Min to be able to have her eyesight”

 

Jessica told them, flashing a smile though she’s hurt inside. She misses Joon that much, but it hurts to see him again because the painful memory form that past is slowly coming back again. Jessica keeps on thinking about it upon seeing Joon again after long years. She starts to question herself again if what she did before is correct or not and she knows that Joon is still mad at her and she can’t do anything about it because she’s the one who leaves him.

 

“Let’s not talk about him or we will end up crying a river. Kyu will get mad at me if he sees his wife crying. Let’s just talk about Min’s pregnancy or any other thing…but please, not Joon and not about us ok”

 

Jessica told Tiffany and Sungmin who nod at her. They respect Jessica’s decision and they know that it’s still painful for Jessica to talk about her past with Joon.

 

“I know!”

 

Tiffany snaps her fingers happily.

 

“Let’s just talk about Min’s eye surgery. Since I’m not here awhile ago when the doctors discussed about the plan for Min’s eye surgery, both of you must update me about it. I also want to know it. I already told my husband about it and I told him that I want us to be there in Sydney during the eye surgery. I want to support Min and of course Kyu. Siwon agrees on it because he also wants to show his support and I’m so happy”

 

Tiffany told them as she changes the topic before Jessica end up crying because of thinking about her past with Joon. Instead of talking about Jessica and Joon, they just decided to talk about the plans for Sungmin’s eye surgery in Sydney because Sungmin and Tiffany know that Jessica just need some time and courage for her to be able to speak up about the real reason behind her break-up with Joon.

 

~~~

 

It was already nine in the evening when Kyuhyun went downstairs to get his wife’s milk in the kitchen. He was shock to see his cousin preparing sandwich and doing her French vanilla.

 

“I thought you’re already sleeping”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica who shook her head.

 

“Do you want sandwich?”

 

Jessica asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“No thanks. I’m fine”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin. He gets a glass inside the cabinet and gets Sungmin’s milk inside the storage room. He goes back inside the kitchen and starts making his wife’s milk.

 

“I just go down to make my wife’s milk. She needs to drink it before she goes to sleep”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica while busily making Sungmin’s milk.

 

“How is she?”

 

Jessica asks.

 

“Still having a bad morning sickness?”

 

“No”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“It’s good that she’s fine now. I just hope she won’t be experiencing bad morning sickness on the following days. I’m really worried whenever she’s having a bad morning sickness. I don’t want to see her having a hard time”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin. He closes the can of milk and puts the spoon on the sink before returning the milk inside the storage room. Kyuhyun goes back inside the kitchen after putting the milk back in the storage room.

 

“How long do you plan to use that cherry blossom perfume that I gave to Min? You smell like a girl”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun, laughing softy at him.

 

“I need to obey Min. She’s already having a hard time being pregnant. I don’t want to add up and I don’t want to give her headache or make her feel upset and sad. I want to obey her all the time because for me, I’m easing her pain even just a little whenever I will follow her commands”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin. Jessica smiles at him.

 

“You really love her”

 

“Yes I do. I love her with all my heart. I love her so much”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica before flicking her forehead gently.

 

“That’s why you also need to tell him that you still love him”

 

“He will not listen”

 

“Even though he won’t listen”

 

Kyuhyun smiles.

 

“Don’t stress yourself thinking about him ok”

 

Kyuhyun laughs, teasing his cousin.

 

“And by the way…”

 

Kyuhyun flashes a very bright smile.

 

“Can you please accompany Min at Incheon Eye Care Medical Center next next week? She needs to have an appointment with Doctor Joon”

 

“KYU!!!”

 

Jessica frowns.

 

“What? Jess, I’m not teasing you. I can’t accompany her because I need to have a business meeting in Ilsan. I’m going to be there the whole day. Mom is not free on that day as well. She needs to do a charity work and visit an orphanage. Min can’t go along. Fany and Siwon Hyung can’t accompany her because they need to take care of baby Seunghyun”

 

Kyuhyun explains.

 

“How about Min’s check-up to Doctor Park?”

 

Jessica asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Doctor Park told me that Min will have her check-up on her first scan, so she can check the baby as well”

 

Kyuhyun told his cousin while smiling at her. Jessica nods her head.

 

“Ok. I already agree”

 

Jessica told her cousin.

 

“Don’t be afraid of Doctor Joon. Just grab the opportunity because I know that you’re happy to see him again and I know that you want to see him more”

 

Kyuhyun teases Jessica, making her blush.

 

“See? I’m right because I know you because you’re my cousin and we’re close”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica before hugging her. Jessica smiles while feeling her cousin’s warm embrace.

 

“Just the right thing and be happy. I love you Jess and I want you to be happy. If he’s the man who will make you happy then go for it. But if he hurts you, I’m really going to give him a good hard punch. I don’t care if he’s Min’s doctor. I’m really going to do it if he hurts you. Nobody hurts my beautiful cousins. Even Siwon Hyung can never hurt Fany or he’ll get it. You know that you and Fany are like real siblings to me”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica.

 

“That was sweet. Thanks Kyu. I’m happy that you’re a better person now. I’m really lucky to have a protective cousin”

 

“And not to mention that I am gorgeous, genius and a good CEO as well”

 

Kyuhyun told Jessica while flashing his proud smile.

 

“Yeah right”

 

Jessica smiles and gently pinches her cousin’s nose.

 

“Just go upstairs now. I’m sure that Min is already waiting for you. Good night”

 

“Good night and don’t tire yourself thinking about him”

 

“Whatever Kyu. Stop teasing me ok”

 

Jessica told Kyuhyun as she gently hits Kyuhyun’s arm.

 

“I’m going up now”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun gently pats Jessica’s cheek. He holds the glass of milk and leaves the kitchen. He goes upstairs and returns inside his room. He joins his wife on their bed.

 

“Time for milk”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He gives the glass of milk to Sungmin who drinks it up.

 

“You should sleep now ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he gets the empty glass of milk away from his wife’s grip. He puts it down on top of the bedside table.

 

“Kyu, did Jessica Unnie agree on it? She’s the one who will accompany me to Doctor Joon next next week?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes baby. I’m really sorry that I can’t be with you in that day. I really need to attend an important meeting in Ilsan. I’ll just make it up to you ok”

 

“Ok. But promise me that you will be there when I first have my ultrasound. I want you to see our little cherub”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun nods his head happily.

 

“I promise. Kyu…”

 

Sungmin reaches her hands out. Kyuhyun holds it and softly kisses it.

 

“Yes baby?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Is it ok if I visit my friends in school? I just want to see them before their European trip. I promise that I will take care of myself and Jessica Unnie is with me. Can I just go at Korea University before I go at Incheon Eye Care Medical Center?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun thinks for the meantime. He doesn’t want to allow Sungmin because he’s not with her. But since Jessica will be with his wife and he trust his cousin that she will never let anything bad happen to Sungmin and to their baby, Kyuhyun made up his mind and agree on it.

 

“Ok. But you need to be careful and don’t stress yourself that much ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin claps her hands happily and smiles brightly as she nods her head.

 

“Ok Kyu. I promise that I will take care of myself and I’m will not stress myself. Thank you so much. I already miss them. They can’t go here to visit me because they have a lot of things to do in school. I’m going to make a surprise visit. I’m sure that all of them will be shock”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun happily, feeling excited to see her friends again.

 

“You go to sleep now ok. You need to take a lot of rest for the baby and of course for your own good”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin smiles and lay down on the bed.

 

“Do you need massage?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin yawns and shook her head.

 

“You lay down beside me now Kyu and let’s sleep”

 

“I’ll just put you to sleep. I still need to do important things for Cho International Group of Companies and I need to review a lot of business reports and other important documents. But I promise that I will not leave you. I’ll do my work here while watching over you”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head and yawns again.

 

“Ok. Just don’t tire yourself that much. I and our little cherub will sleep now. Good night Kyu. I love you”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun kisses her tummy.

 

“Daddy and mommy love you so much our little cherub. Sleep tight. Good night”

 

Kyuhyun told the baby inside his wife’s tummy. Kyuhyun states at his wife and softly kisses her eyelid and her wonderful lips.

 

“Good night my baby Min. I love you so much. Sleep tight and have a good rest. What do you want for breakfast tomorrow?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“You”

 

Sungmin told her husband while blushing a little.

 

“Me?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods. Kyuhyun smiles at her.

 

“Ok. You’re going to have me tomorrow. You go to sleep now”

 

Kyuhyun kisses Sungmin’s lips. Sungmin smiles as she closes her eyes. Kyuhyun lay down beside his wife and hugs her. He sings a lullaby to put Sungmin to sleep. He slowly let go of his wife when she finally falls asleep. Kyuhyun carefully gets off of the bed and gets his laptop and all his things on top of the lounger before going back to bed. Kyuhyun sits on his bed, opens his laptop and starts doing his work.

 

~~~

 

It was already two in the morning, but Joon is still inside the laboratory, studying Sungmin’s eye disease very carefully. Byunghee, Cheolyong and Soon-kyu already leave him. Joon takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for the meantime to rest it.

 

“Aigoo!”

 

Joon quickly opens his eyes.

 

"Why am I thinking about her whenever I’m going to close my eyes?”

 

Joon asks his self. He’s thinking about Jessica again.

 

“Aish! Seriously, why do I find it hard to forget her? She hurts me so badly and I hate her. I must forget her no matter what…but still…”

 

Joon sighs sadly.

 

“I still love her and that’s the truth. Should I talk to her? But what for? There’s no more second chance for us. I will never forget the pain that she brings into my life”

 

Joon told his self as he sighs sadly again. He was busy thinking about Jessica when the blood sample of Sungmin suddenly caught his attention. Joon stares on it very carefully and rubs his eyes twice, hoping that he’s not dreaming. He even pinches his hand to make sure that he’s not really dreaming.

 

“Oh my God!”

 

Joon smiles at he stares on Sungmin’s blood sample happily.

 

“JUST AS I THOUGHT, IT’S RPE65!!!”

 

Joon shouts happily. He starts jumping because of joy. He’s happy because there’s still hope for Sungmin to have her eyesight. He just needs to study very carefully all the medical procedures that he will do to Sungmin before the eye surgery itself.

 

“I am positive. She will have her eyesight. I know she will be able to see. I’m going to make it happen”

 

Joon told his self happily. He quickly gets his mobile phone in his pocket and gets out of the laboratory to call Byunghee and Cheolyong so that he will be able to talk to them about Sungmin’s case and he also needs to talk to them about the gene mutation in replacement to gene therapy.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin wakes up at two in the morning because she needs to pee. She didn’t bother waking up Kyuhyun because she knows that her husband is tired because of doing a lot of things for his work. Sungmin doesn’t want to disturb Kyuhyun’s sleep because she doesn’t want to give him a hard time. Sungmin manages to get her long cane on top of the bedside table. But she accidentally falls on the floor when she was about to go down on the bed. Kyuhyun woke up because he heard something falls on the floor.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun whispers without opening his eyes. He runs his hand beside him and was shock when Sungmin is not there. Kyuhyun opens his eyes and quickly gets up.

 

“Min!”

 

Kyuhyun quickly gets off of the bed when he saw Sungmin on the floor.

 

“Baby, are you ok? Oh my God! What happen to you?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his wife worriedly. He starts to check if Sungmin is bleeding or if she hurts herself.

 

“Is your tummy aching? Are you hurt somewhere?”

 

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Sungmin slowly shook her head.

 

“I’m fine Kyu. Sorry to disturb your sleep. I need to go to the bathroom to pee”

 

“You should wake me up. I told you to always wake me up whenever you’re going inside the bathroom or if you need something. See what happen?”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, reprimanding her.

 

“I’m sorry. I just don’t want to disturb your sleep. I know that you’re tired and I just want you to take a rest. I don’t want to give you a hard time. I know that you’re already having a hard time because of me”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly.

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between his hands.

 

“It’s ok. I don’t mind having a hard time and I’m not complaining. All I want is to take care of you and our little cherub and make sure that both of you will be fine. Don’t do it again next time ok. You need to wake me up when you need something or else I will really get mad at you”

 

“Ok”

 

“After you pee, we’re going at Cha Hospital”

 

“What for?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously, feeling a bit nervous.

 

“To see a doctor”

 

“But I’m fine. No need to see a doctor”

 

“Baby…”

 

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s lips and holds her tummy.

 

“I want to make sure that our little cherub and you are fine. Just don’t argue with me ok”

 

“Ok”

 

“Let’s go inside the bathroom now. I’ll change your clothes after ok”

 

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s hands as they stand up together. They start walking carefully towards the bathroom. Kyuhyun holds his wife’s hands tightly, leading her way and watching her every step to make sure that she will not fall on the floor again.

 

~~~

 

*CHA HOSPITAL*

 

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin were sitting inside Sunyoung’s clinic.

 

“We’re really sorry to bother you Doctor Park. I just want to make sure that my wife and our little cherub are fine”

 

Kyuhyun told Sunyoung who is smiling at them.

 

“It’s ok. I really don’t mind and it’s my job. Whenever I received a call from my patients, I quickly attend to their need even though I’m already sleeping and having hectic schedules”

 

Sunyoung told Kyuhyun. She takes a deep breath before continuing.

 

“There’s nothing to worry about. I check on Minnie and she’s absolutely fine as well as the baby. You can already go home and Minnie should take a lot of rest…complete bed rest all the time to avoid bad morning sickness. I’ll just see you both on Minnie’s first scan. We will see your baby inside Minnie’s tummy and I’m sure that it will be a lovely experience for both of you. We will also try to hear their heartbeat”

 

Sunyoung told the couple happily.

 

“If there’s any concern, just give me a call ok. Never hesitate to call me whenever you need to”

 

Sunyoung told the couple. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“We’re going ahead now. Thank you so much Doctor Park”

 

“You’re welcome Kyu. You take care of your wife”

 

“I will”

 

Kyuhyun stands up.

 

“Let’s go baby”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin and help her to stand up.

 

“Sorry to disturb you Doctor Park. I will be careful next time. Thanks for your concern and time”

 

Sungmin told Sunyoung before bowing at her. Sunyoung nods her head and smiles at Sungmin.

 

“Ok. Be careful all the time and Kyu is there for you. I’m sure that you and the baby will be fine all the time and will always be healthy. Take a complete bed rest all the time and eat. Don’t worry about gaining weight. You need to eat healthy for the baby ok and don’t forget your milk and your vitamins”

 

“Ok”

 

“See you on your first scan”

 

“Yes Doctor Park. Thank you. We’re going ahead now. Good night and sorry again”

 

Sungmin told Sunyoung. They bow at her before leaving the clinic.

 

“You heard Doctor Park. Don’t be a hard headed girl. You need to take care a lot and always be safe for our baby ok. Don’t be a hard headed girl because you’re going to give me a heart attack whenever you’re not ok”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as they walk carefully and slowly at the hallway. Sungmin laughs softly.

 

“Don’t laugh at me Min. I’m serious. Don’t make me worry about you that much. You know that I love you and I love our baby cherub. I love both of you that much and I’m not going to allow something bad happen to any of you. Do you understand my baby Min?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin stops walking. Kyuhyun stares at her worriedly.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong? Is your tummy aching? We can go back insi—“

 

Sungmin softly kisses Kyuhyun’s soft pinkish lips to stop him from talking.

 

“I’m fine and our little cherub is fine. We’re both fine because you’re always here with us, taking care of us and loving us unconditionally. You always watch over us and even though you’re already tired because of work, you still have time to take care of us and you never complain though you’re already having a hard time. I just want to thank you Kyu and I love you so much”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she smiles sweetly at him. Kyuhyun gently brushes his nose on hers and gives his wife a sweet peck on her lips. He places his hands on his wife’s tummy.

 

“I will always take care of you and our little cherub. I’m going to love you and our kids and our family all the time. I love you too baby”

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Sungmin smiles brightly.

 

“Fany Unnie and Jessica Unnie told me that our baby might be a girl because they heard from the elders before that if the pregnant woman is very beautiful during her pregnancy, it only means that the baby will be a girl. We’re going to have a baby girl, isn’t lovely?”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who pouts at her.

 

“I want a baby boy, so someone will spread my good genes to the universe”

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin pouts. Kyuhyun laughs.

 

“It’s ok baby. I’m just kidding. But I really want a baby boy. But if it’s a baby girl then it’s still ok. The gender is not a big issue to me. If it’s a baby girl then we should make another baby since I want a baby boy”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head happily.

 

“That will be nice. We can make hundreds of babies. I love babies even though it’s hard to be pregnant”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

 

“I won’t say no”

 

Kyuhyun teases his wife before kissing her lips softly. Kyuhyun yawns.

 

“I guess we should go home now”

 

“I don’t want”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“But you need to go back to sleep and rest some more”

 

“I’m not sleepy anymore. Let’s go at the Han River and I want to eat lychee and blueberry ice cream ok”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who smiles weakly. He stares at his watch; it’s four in the morning.

 

“Where on earth am I going to find a lychee and blueberry ice cream at this hour? Seriously…I’ll try my best”

 

Kyuhyun told his self while smiling weakly at his wife.

 

“Kyu, did you hear me? Are you listening?”

 

Sungmin asks when Kyuhyun didn’t answer. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes my pregnant wife. I heard you. Ok. Let’s drive along Seoul first to find lychee and blueberry ice cream before we go at the Han River. What else do you want?”

 

Kyuhyun asks.

 

“Then when go home, let’s eat the pumpkin pie that you bought for me ok”

 

“Ok. Anything else?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“I want a black sesame soy milk and watermelon shake and…”

 

Sungmin thinks for awhile.

 

“And what?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin smiles at him.

 

“And you…I want hugs and lots of kisses from you”

 

“Ok. Wish granted. I’ll give you lots of hugs and kisses before we go back to sleep”

 

“And you’re going to be my breakfast ok”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun laughs softly.

 

“Yes naughty pregnant baby Min”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while smiling at her. He kisses her lips.

 

“I love you so much and our little cherub”

 

“I love you too Kyu”

 

Kyuhyun gently pinches Sungmin’s cheek.

 

“Let’s go now and eat whatever you want to eat”

 

“Ok”

 

Kyuhyun smiles and holds his wife’s hand tightly as they start walking slowly and carefully again at the hallway.