LOVE IS NOT BLIND (Chapter 27)

LOVE IS NOT BLIND

Chapter 27

 

 

*SEOUL AMBASSADOR HOSPITAL*

 

 

Kyuhyun’s driver drops Kyuhyun and Sungmin at Seoul Ambassador Hospital after fetching them at Gimpo Airport. Kyuhyun saw his mother talking to three doctors outside the ICU. Jessica is also there. Kyuhyun quickly runs towards them, leaving his wife with her nanny.

 

“Nanny, where did Kyu go?”

 

Sungmin asks as they walk slowly at the hallway.

 

“Young master run towards his mother and young lady Jessica. They are outside the ICU, talking to three doctors”

 

Sungmin’s nanny informs Sungmin.

 

“Nanny, what really happen to dad?”

 

Sungmin asks as tears start forming in her eyes. Sungmin’s nanny stares at her sadly.

 

“Sir has leukemia. He’s battling for his cancer for four years already”

 

“Dad will be fine, right?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly. Her nanny shook her head.

 

“I don’t know young lady. It’s already stage four and the cancer already affects his body. They rushed Sir here in the hospital upon they arrival here in Seoul last December 29. Ma’am really wants to call you and young master to inform both of you about Sir, but he doesn’t want because he wants you to celebrate your birthday happily with young master”

 

Sungmin’s nanny told Sungmin. Sungmin’s nanny stops walking when they finally reach Kyuhyun’s direction. Sungmin jumps because of fear when she heard Kyuhyun shouting.

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING HUH?”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily as tears start falling at the corner of his eyes.

 

“HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT MY DAD IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AND ANY MOMENT FROM NOW HE WILL LEAVE US? HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT IF YOU’RE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO SAVE HIS LIFE? HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT YOU CAN NO LONGER DO ANYTHING? YOU’RE DOCTORS! YOU SUPPOSED TO SAVE LIFE AND NOT TO TELL US THAT THERE’S NO MORE HOPE!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts. Mrs. Cho holds her son’s arm to stop him from arguing with the doctors.

 

“Sweetheart, stop that. You need to und—“

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts at his mother. He pushes her away from him.

 

“DON’T TOUCH ME! I HATE YOU! I HATE ALL OF YOU FOR HIDING ME THE REAL CONDITION OF DAD! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL IT TO ME?”

 

Kyuhyun shouts, releasing his anger and sadness that he’s feeling on that moment. He sits down at the corner and buries his gorgeous face on his knees as he starts crying. He feels like heaven and earth has been cruel to him. He just can’t accept that his father will leave them any moment and he’s not ready to let him go. He still needs his father. He still needs to make it up to his parents for every pain that he gives them when he becomes a rebellious son. He still wants to correct the entire mistake that he made; for hurting them, feeling ashamed of them and for hating them. He still wants to spend a lot of time with his parents, especially with his father. He still needs his advice on how to become a good husband and father like him and of course how to become a great CEO like him and how to handle their companies without sacrificing his time for his wife. Kyuhyun still wants to show his father how much he loves him and he can no longer do that if Mr. Cho will leave them so soon.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho slowly sits on her heels to have the same level to her son. She’s crying so hard because it hurts to see Kyuhyun like that and it also hurt knowing that her husband will leave them any moment. She feels terrible because of their situation and for lying to her son. She doesn’t want to hide Mr. Cho’s real condition from Kyuhyun, but she can’t do anything because that’s what Mr. Cho wants. He doesn’t want Kyuhyun to know about his real condition because Mr. Cho doesn’t want to see his son sad. He just wants to see him happy and he wants to spend his remaining time with Kyuhyun happily and cherish each and every moment with his son. That’s the reason why Mr. Cho doesn’t want Kyuhyun to know about his serious illness. Mrs. Cho already wants to break down upon hearing the doctors that there’s no more hope for her husband and that Mr. Cho will leave any moment. But Mrs. Cho needs to be strong for the family, especially for Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m sorry. Your dad doesn’t wa—“

 

Kyuhyun didn’t give his mother a chance to explain. He pushes Mrs. Cho away from him.

 

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE! DON’T TALK TO ME AND DON’T TOUCH ME! I WANT TO SEE DAD!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts at his mother, feeling angry. He can’t even explain what he’s feeling on that moment. He feels angry, sad, and he feels a lot of emotions and he just wants to cry a river and screams until he get tired. It feels like her heart will burst any minute.

 

“You can see your dad later. The doctors and nurses will transfer him later inside his private room and they are already processing it. We just need to wait”

 

“LEAVE ME ALONE MOM! I WANT TO BE ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANYONE! GO AWAY! ALL OF YOU! AWAY!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily before burying his gorgeous face back on his knees, crying really hard. Mrs. Cho stares at her son sadly. She wants to speak, but she just decided to keep close because she knows that Kyuhyun will never listen to her and she understands him. Of course it’s not easy for Kyuhyun to accept his father’s condition and it’s normal for him to feel upset, betrayed and angry towards his parents for hiding everything to him.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers sadly. She softly kisses her son’s head before standing up. Jessica walks towards her and hugs her tight.

 

“It’s ok aunt. Let’s just give him time”

 

Jessica told Mrs. Cho while crying softly. Mrs. Cho nods her head and wipes her tears away. They walk towards Sungmin who is already crying.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho hugs her daughter in law.

 

“Mom, dad is going to be fine right? The doctors are just lying, right? Dad will not leave us soon, right?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly as she cries softly. Mrs. Cho didn’t answer. She just hugs her daughter in law, getting some strength from her because she can’t get anything from Kyuhyun because he’s mad at her. Mrs. Cho’s tears start falling from her eyes again. She starts sobbing again because of the pain that she’s feeling on that moment. If only she can do something to save her husband and to make his life longer.

 

“Mom, why are you not answering me? Please tell me that dad will be fine”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law while crying. Mrs. Cho holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between her hands and just kisses her forehead. Mrs. Cho pats Sungmin’s cheek gently before walking away with Jessica.

 

“Nanny, where is mom going?”

 

Sungmin asks. Sungmin’s nanny shook her head sadly.

 

“I don’t know young lady”

 

“Where is dad?”

 

“I think he’s still inside the ICU”

 

“Can I go inside? I want to talk to him and check if he’s fine”

 

Sungmin’s nanny shook her head.

 

“We’re not allowed to go inside young lady”

 

“But…”

 

Sungmin’s nanny wipes Sungmin’s tears away.

 

“Stop crying young lady. I’m sure that Sir will be sad if he will see you crying. Just keep the faith and hope. Sir will be fine”

 

Sungmin’s nanny told her young lady.

 

“Where is Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks her nanny. Her nanny holds her hand and leads her way towards Kyuhyun who is sitting at the corner while crying.

 

“Young master is sitting on the floor. He’s crying so hard. I’ll leave you with him”

 

Sungmin’s nanny bows at her young lady before walking away, leaving Sungmin and Kyuhyun alone.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin slowly sits on her heels and reaches her hands out, trying to look for her husband.

 

“Kyu, where are you?”

 

Sungmin asks. She moves a little bit more forward and stops when she finally bumps into her husband.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin heard her husband crying softly. She touches him. Kyuhyun raises his head and stares at his wife who is also crying like him.

 

“Kyu, where is dad? Let’s go and see dad. I want to talk to him. I want to see dad. Please”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while crying softly. Kyuhyun gently pulls his wife towards him and hugs her so tight.

 

“Please give me strength baby. I just don’t know what I will do”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. Tears keep on falling from his eyes. He shook his head weakly.

 

“Dad can’t leave us. He just can’t go. Not now…no…baby, I need him. He just can’t go. Not yet. What will I do? Tell me what I can do to save dad. Baby, please…tell me what to do…please tell me that dad will still live. He can’t go…please”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as he starts crying so hard.

 

“I’m just starting to become a better person for him. I’m just starting to show him how much I love him and how grateful I am that I become his son, but why is this thing need to happen? I still want to share a lot of memories with him, but why? Why is this happening? I just can’t…dad…he can’t…”

 

Kyuhyun stops talking. He doesn’t know what to say anymore and he just can’t speak properly anymore because of crying. Sungmin didn’t speak. She doesn’t know what to say to comfort her husband. She also feels really sad and hurt knowing that her father in law is not in good condition and he might leave them soon. Sungmin doesn’t want that to happen. She knows how painful it is to lose someone who is very special and important in your life. She knows how painful it is to lose someone you love because she’s been there for two times already. First, is when her mother died and second is when her father died. She doesn’t want to lose another father. Mr. Cho becomes a father to her. He loves Sungmin just like his real daughter even though she’s just his daughter in law. He takes care of her and loves her like the way he loves Kyuhyun. Sungmin is hoping for a miracle to happen. She wants her father in law to live and be with them for a long time. Sungmin wants Mr. Cho to see her having eyesight and she also wants him to see his future grandchildren and she wants him to still be with them through good times and bad times. Sungmin knows that it will be really hard for the family if Mr. Cho will leave them soon. It will be hard for all of them, especially to her husband who’s just starting to fill-up the space that he left before because of being a rebellious son and for hating his parents. Kyuhyun might end up blaming his self for being a bad son and person before and Sungmin is afraid that her husband will turn into a beast again because his parents hide the real condition of Mr. Cho to him and she knows that Kyuhyun really feels betrayed by them.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Sungmin touches Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face. Her touch is so gentle that it makes Kyuhyun feel calm and lessen the pain and sadness that he’s feeling on that moment. Sungmin wipes her husband’s tears away.

 

“Kyu, let’s pray at the chapel”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“I don’t want. I just want to stay here and see dad”

 

“But we’re not allowed to see dad. They don’t want to let us see him. Let’s go at the chapel and pray for the meantime while waiting for them to transfer dad in his private room. You ask me what you can do to save dad. Let’s just pray for him. It’s the only thing that we can do Kyu. Please, just go with me and let’s pray together. Let’s pray for dad”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, controlling herself not to cry again. She needs to be strong for her husband. Kyuhyun needs her and she needs to be strong and stay with him all the time and give him strength, especially on that very painful moment for all of them.

 

“Come on Kyu. Let’s pray now. We need to pray and ask God’s mercy and to give us strength, especially dad. It’s the only thing that we can do now. He’s the only one who can help us and He will take our pains away and give us strength to accept whatever will happen to dad”

 

“Dad will not die. He can’t die Min”

 

“Just keep the faith and hope. Let’s go Kyu. Please”

 

Sungmin told her husband while wiping the tears that keep on falling from Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“Dad will be fine. Just believe”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun nods his head. He wipes his tears away.

 

“I need to be strong for dad. He must not see me crying. I don’t want him to be sad”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin as he wipes the tears that fall from his wife’s eyes.

 

“Let’s go baby. Let’s pray now. I’m going to talk to God. I know that he will listen to me. I need Him now”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin nods her head. Sungmin picks her long cane on the floor and slowly stand. Kyuhyun stands up and holds his wife’s hand as they walk together at the hallway to look for the chapel in the hospital, so they can pray together for Mr. Cho’s condition and hope that a miracle will happen that will heal Mr. Cho and make his life longer.

 

~~~

 

Mr. Cho is already inside his private room. Mrs. Cho was sitting beside her husband. She was crying softly while holding her husband’s hand.

 

“I told you not to cry. I don’t want to see you like that”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife, wiping her tears away.

 

“You need to send me in heaven with a smile on your lips. I want you to be happy”

 

“How am I going to be happy if you’re going to leave me?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks. She hugs her husband as she starts crying hard.

 

“Honey, please stay. I don’t want you to leave. I don’t know how I will be able to go on with my life if you will leave me. I’m not ready for this. Please stay. I need you. Don’t leave me. I don’t want you to go. Please tell me that you will stay. Don’t leave me honey, please”

 

Mrs. Cho told her husband while crying a river. It hurts her so much knowing that her husband is soon to leave her. Her heart wants to burst because of the great sadness and pain that she’s feeling. She doesn’t want Mr. Cho to leave her. She just can’t take it and it really hurts so badly. Mrs. Cho doesn’t know what she will do if her husband dies. She doesn’t know how she will live and where she will get strength to live on. Mr. Cho starts his wife’s hair.

 

“I’m sorry honey, but I really need to go”

 

Mr. Cho whispers. He’s feeling so weak and he just wants to close his eyes and sleep forever. Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“But how about me? What will happen to me if you will leave me?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks sadly.

 

“Please look at me honey”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife. Mrs. Cho sits properly and stares at her husband sadly. Mr. Cho wipes his wife’s tears away.

 

“You need to live for our son. I know that you can do it. Your life must go on even though I’m no longer here with you. Our son still needs you. You need to live for him. Our Kyu is just starting to become a better person. You still need to guide him, so he won’t lose his way again. Kyu already found his way back to us. Don’t let him lose his way again. Our daughter in law also needs you. You and Kyu need to give her strength and be her light until the day she finally have her eyesight. You need to be strong for our Kyu and Minnie. Our grandchildren are soon to arrive. You need to guide them and help Kyu and Minnie to raise them very well just like how we raise Kyu and just like how Minnie’s parents raise her”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife. He manages to smile at her even though he’s feeling so weak. Mr. Cho holds Mrs. Cho’s hand.

 

“You see honey. You still have a lot of things to witness, be it sad or happy. I know that you can do it without me by your side. If you need strength, our Kyu and Minnie are always there for you. I’m sure that they won’t leave you and they will always take care of you, especially our daughter in law. I know that she will always be there to take care of you even though she’s blind. I know that she can take care of you. You’re going to be fine ok”  

 

“I will try”

 

“Yes you will be fine. You’re only allowed to mourn for me for just a week. After that, you must bring back the smile on your lips. I promise that I will wait for you in heaven and I’m going to watch over you, Kyu, Minnie and our future grandchildren in heaven. I’ll be sad if I will see you sad. I know that you can do it honey because you’re such a strong woman”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife.

 

“Tell me that you’re going to be fine”

 

“I don’t know”

 

Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“I really don’t know honey. I just can’t…”

 

Mrs. Cho stops talking. She just hugs her husband tightly and starts crying again.

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin went at Petal A upon knowing that Mr. Cho is already inside his private room. They go back at the ICU after praying at the chapel and ask the nurse if they can already see Mr. Cho. The nurse told them that Mr. Cho is already transferred in his private room at Petal A, so the couple went there immediately. Kyuhyun saw his cousin sitting outside Mr. Cho’s room. Jessica is sitting on the chair alone. She’s crying.

 

“How’s dad?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Jessica stares at Kyuhyun and wipes her tears away.

 

“He’s inside with aunt. You can go inside. He’s waiting for you and Min”

 

Jessica told the couple. Tears start falling from her eyes again.

 

“Is he fine now Jessica Unnie?”

 

Sungmin asks, controlling her tears from falling. Jessica didn’t answer. She just shook her head because she doesn’t know what to say. Kyuhyun gently pats Jessica’s head before he go inside his father’s room with his wife.

 

“Dad…”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Cho stare at the owner of the voice. They saw their son and their daughter in law standing at the doorway. Mrs. Cho wipes her tears away. She stands up and walks towards them. She hugs Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

 

“Your dad is waiting for both of you. Go ahead and talk to him”

 

Mrs. Cho told the couple as tears starts falling from her eyes again. She stands at the corner while Kyuhyun and Sungmin walk towards Mr. Cho. He’s smiling at them. Kyuhyun helps his wife to sit beside his father while he sits on the lounger beside his father’s bed.

 

“How are you baby girl? How’s your birthday celebration with Kyu? Did you have fun in Japan?”

 

Mr. Cho asks Sungmin while smiling at her. Sungmin runs her hands on the soft mattress and found her father in law’s hand. Sungmin’s tears start falling from her eyes as she holds Mr. Cho’s hand.

 

“Dad…”

 

Sungmin whispers. Mr. Cho wipes Sungmin’s tears away.

 

“Why is our baby girl crying? I don’t want to see you like that. You need to smile now”

 

Mr. Cho told his daughter in law.

 

“But dad…”

 

Sungmin hugs Mr. Cho.

 

“I don’t want you to go. Just stay with us, please”

 

“Shhhh”

 

Mr. Cho starts Sungmin’s hair.

 

“Dad will be fine. I’m going to be fine wherever I’m going, so no need to cry and to feel sad. Stop crying now baby girl or else dad will be sad in heaven”

 

Mr. Cho told Sungmin who shook her head.

 

“Please don’t go dad. I don’t want to lose another father…please dad. You still need to see your future grandchildren and you also need to see me having my eyesight. So please, stay…don’t go…not now…please dad”

 

Sungmin told her father in law while sobbing really hard. Mr. Cho wipes the tears that fall down at the corner of his eyes. He feels hurt to see his daughter in law crying. He knows that Sungmin is hurt because he already sees her crying like that when Mr. Lee died.

 

“Dad, you need to listen to me ok. We all want you to stay, so don’t leave us. We’re all going to be sad if you will leave”

 

Sungmin raises her head. She places her father in law’s hand on her cheek. Mr. Cho can feel Sungmin’s warm tears that keep on falling from her innocent eyes.

 

“You still have a lot of reasons to live dad. So please stay. You see. We still have a lot of memories to share. We still need to celebrate my birthday and I want you to be there because I’m going to be sad if you won’t be present. I don’t want to celebrate it anymore if you’re not going to stay”

 

Sungmin told her father in law. She just can’t stop crying. Her tears keep on falling from her eyes and heart keeps on aching on that moment. She can’t explain the pain that she’s feeling on that moment and she suddenly remembers the day that her father left her.

 

“Shhhh”

 

Mr. Cho whispers softly. He’s already feeling weak and he just wants to go and sleep. He wipes Sungmin’s tears away.

 

“I want you to celebrate your nineteenth birthday even though I’m no longer here. I don’t want you to cancel it just because I need to leave. I want you to have fun in your party and celebrate your birthday happily with your friends, with your mom, husband and cousin in laws. I’m going to be mad at you if you will cancel the party. You need to promise me that you will continue the party even though I can no longer stay and be there”

 

Mr. Cho told his daughter in law.

 

“But dad…”

 

“Baby girl, don’t be a hard headed girl. You need to celebrate your birthday and be happy. I need you to promise me that”

 

“Ok. I promise, but please don’t go”

 

Sungmin told Mr. Cho, begging him. Mr. Cho shook his head as tears start falling at the corner of his eyes. He touches Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“I really want to see you having eyesight. I’m really looking forward on the day that you will finally be able to see the beauty of the world, the people around you and of course yourself. I want you to see how beautiful you are”

 

Mr. Cho coughs softly.

 

“Don’t forget what I told you before you walk on the aisle and marry Kyu. You are beautiful inside and out. Don’t ever listen to other people who will say bad things about you and who will call you ugly just because you’re blind. Don’t forget that the real beauty of a person can be found in his heart and not in his physical appearance because the beauty of the heart is the beauty that never fades until the end of time”

 

Mr. Cho flashes a weak smile as he stares at his beautiful daughter in law who is still crying hard.

 

“You are beautiful my baby girl and that’s the truth. I want you to see how beautiful you are and that’s why I’m going to give you my eyes. I want you to see an eye doctor soon. Kyu will bring you to an eye doctor soon. You need to undergo an eye surgery and use my eyes for you to be able to see”

 

Mr. Cho told his daughter in law before looking at his son who is quietly crying while sitting on the lounger.

 

“Kyu…”

 

Kyuhyun raises his head and stares at his father.

 

“Dad?”

 

“I…”

 

Mr. Cho coughs softly. He manages to smile and pats the empty space beside him. Kyuhyun stands up and sits on the empty space. Mr. Cho gently pats Kyuhyun’s leg.

 

“I want you to accompany your wife to an eye doctor soon. She needs to have eyesight soon ok. Do it before she celebrates her nineteenth birthday. I want her to have eyesight when she celebrates her nineteenth birthday. Do you understand me?”

 

Mr. Cho told his son. Kyuhyun nods his head. Mr. Cho smiles at him.

 

“Now, do you understand why I want you to marry Minnie? It’s not because her father save my life and it’s not because we want her for you. We let you marry Minnie because she’s an angel and we know that she will help you find your way back to us and she will be the one who will put the meaning back into your life. We know that her love for you will teach you the true meaning of life and love. That’s why you’re very lucky to have her. You need to take care of her and never let her cry. Love her and treasure her as if she’s the only woman alive here on earth. Treat her like a Princess and love her with all your heart, just like how I love your mom. Don’t ever take her for granted and sacrifice your time for her. Always remember that your wife will always be your home and not your house”

 

Mr. Cho can feel his son’s tears falling on his hand.

 

“Dad, I’m sorry…I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I didn’t become a goo—“

 

“Shhhh”

 

Mr. Cho raises his hand to stop his son from talking. He shook his head weakly.

 

“Why are you apologizing? It’s not your fault. I understand you and I’m happy to see you becoming a better person again. I’m happy to see you happy and to see you like this even though it’s just for a short of time, at least…we’ve been together happily and I’ve seen you happy and fine. See? It’s the happiness that I’m talking about and it’s the happiness that I want you to have…true happiness and not a temporary happiness and that’s why I give you an angel”

 

Mr. Cho told his son, controlling his tears from falling.

 

“I’m always proud of you son and I’m always happy that you’re my son. You’re the one who complete our lives. Your mom and I are very happy since the day that we found out that you’re already inside your mom’s womb. You never become a disappointment for us. It’s true that you lose your way before, but you never become a disappointment…always remember that. We love you so much Kyu and we’re always proud of you”

 

Mr. Cho smiles weakly at his son. He starts coughing again.

 

“Dad, I’m going to call your doctor”

 

“No…”

 

Mr. Cho holds his son to stop him. He looks at Kyuhyun and shook his head.

 

“Just stay…I want you to stay by my side until I close my eyes”

 

“Please don’t say that. You’re not going to close your eyes and leave us”

 

Kyuhyun told his father as he hugs him tight.

 

“Stop crying son. I don’t want you to cry. You will take care of your mom. Don’t let her mourn for me for a long time. You need to give her strength ok. You will also take care of Minnie and don’t make her cry. I know that misunderstanding are part of married life, but don’t make her cry. Be her light until the day that she will finally be able to see the beauty of the world. I’m already going to leave everything to you now. You’re the head of the family now, so be responsible”

 

“Please don’t go dad”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head while crying.

 

“I want you to stay. I still need to make it up to you”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. Mr. Cho shook his head and cups his son’s gorgeous face. He looks at him and wipes his tears away. Mr. Cho gently caresses his son’s cheek.

 

“You don’t need to do that anymore son because having you as my son and being a father to you is already enough for me. I can feel your love for me and I’m happy because of it. It’s just sad that I can no longer see my future grandchildren, but it’s ok”

 

Mr. Cho told his son sadly.

 

“We’re very sorry dad. Min and I try to give you one soon, but he just doesn’t want to arrive and we can’t understand why. I’m sorry dad”

 

“You don’t need to…the baby can wait and he will arrive at the right time. I’ll just watch over him from heaven. You need to be a good dad ok. You need to raise him the way that I raise you”

 

Kyuhyun nods at his father. Mr. Cho smiles and holds Kyuhyun’s hand and Sungmin’s hand. He intertwines their hands to each other.

 

“You need to love and understand each other no matter what happen. You need to support each other and be with each other through good times and bad. I know that both of you will become good parents to my future grandchildren. Love each other and always be happy together. Never give up on each other”

 

Mr. Cho looks at his daughter in law.

 

“Thank you for being a nice and very sweet daughter in law. You will take care of Kyu. Don’t let him work so hard and stress his self too much. You will take care, especially when you become pregnant. If you find it hard, your mom is always there to help you. Thank you for coming into my son’s life because of you, our Kyu becomes a better person. Thank you baby girl and I love you like my own daughter. I love you and good bye now”

 

“I love you too dad”

 

Mr. Cho smiles at Sungmin before looking at his son.

 

“I’m proud of you Kyu, don’t forget that. You will take care of everything, especially your mom and your wife. Don’t give them a hard time. Don’t forget to give your wife a time no matter how busy you are. You will be a good President and great CEO. You will surely surpass me. Be a good boy always. I love you son and good bye”

 

“I love you too dad. Don’t worry because I’ll take care of mom and Min. We’re going to be fine. Just be happy wherever you’re going and don’t worry about us ok. You will always stay in our heart”

 

Kyuhyun told his father as he keeps on crying. Mr. Cho smiles at them.

 

“I know that I can no longer see my future grandchildren, but can I just hear what names are you going to give them?”

 

Mr. Cho asks. Sungmin and Kyuhyun nod.

 

“Sandeul if the baby is boy and Sulli if the baby is girl”

 

Sungmin told her father in law sadly. Mr. Cho smiles.

 

“It’s very lovely names. I know that they will be adorable, sweet, nice, loving and smart like you and Kyu. Tell Sandeul and Sulli that grandpa love them so much and grandpa is watching them from heaven”

 

Mr. Cho told them. Sungmin and Kyuhyun nod sadly; tears keep on falling from their eyes.

 

“Honey…”

 

Mr. Cho calls his wife. Mrs. Cho walks towards him and sits on his other side. Mrs. Cho holds her husband’s hand.

 

“I’m here”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers. Mr. Cho looks at her and smiles.

 

“You’re beautiful. Thank you for the love and understanding and for the years that we’ve been together and for giving me a wonderful son. I’m going to leave you now. You’re going to be fine ok”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife. Mrs. Cho just nods her head because she can’t speak anymore. All she can do is to cry.

 

“I love you. Can I close my eyes now? I want to sleep. I’m really tired now”

 

Mr. Cho told his wife. Mrs. Cho touches her husband’s gorgeous face and found her strength to speak.

 

“Go ahead and sleep now. Have a good rest ok. Don’t worry about us. We’re going to be fine. Sleep tight”

 

Mrs. Cho told her husband. She leans her face forward and softly kisses Mr. Cho’s lips.

 

“I love you honey. Go to sleep now and have a rest. Wait for me there ok”

 

Mrs. Cho told her husband. Mr. Cho smiles and nods his head. He slowly closes his eyes and sleep peacefully. Kyuhyun hugs Sungmin while Mrs. Cho rests her head on her husband’s chest and hugs him tight. The room is quiet; only the soft cries of Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Mrs. Cho can be heard as Mr. Cho’s heartbeat finally stops.

 

~~~

 

After Mr. Cho’s funeral, Kyuhyun locks his self inside his office. He doesn’t want to go out and talk to anyone. He just wants to be alone and isolate his self. He doesn’t want to see his mother because he’s still mad at her for hiding his father’s real condition to him. He doesn’t want to see his wife as well because he’s afraid that he might release his anger and frustration towards his mother on Sungmin and end up hurting her. Kyuhyun doesn’t want that to happen, that’s why he just lock his self inside his office to avoid seeing them.

 

“Kyu sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Cho knocks on the door softly. She really wants to talk to her son because Kyuhyun keeps on avoiding her ever since the first night of Mr. Cho’s wake. She wants to explain to Kyuhyun as to why she needs to hide Mr. Cho’s real condition to him. Mrs. Cho really doesn’t want to hide the truth from Kyuhyun, but Mr. Cho keeps on insisting that they should hide it from their son. Its Mr. Cho’s decision not to tell Kyuhyun about his sickness and Mrs. Cho just follow him because she doesn’t want to add up on the hardship that her husband is carrying.

 

“Kyu sweetheart, please open the door. Please talk to me. I know that you’re mad at me for not telling you about your dad’s real condition, but I can explain sweetheart. Please go out and talk to me and not like this. I’m already having a hard time, so please…open the door and listen to me”

 

Mrs. Cho’s eyes are getting teary as she continues to knock on the door.

 

“Kyu, please open the door and talk to me and not like this”

 

Mrs. Cho begs.

 

“GO AWAY! I DON’T WANT TO TALK TO YOU AND TO ANYONE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I HATE YOU MOM! JUST DON’T DISTURB ME OK!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. He was drinking whisky inside his office. His eyes are puffy because of crying and because he’s really tired. He never sleeps during his father’s three days wake and he never eats as well. He’s just crying and he never speaks. Sungmin try her best to force him to eat and talk, but Kyuhyun just don’t want to do anything at all. He feels so lonely and alone because of the death of his father and he just keep on blaming his self for being a rebellious son and for hating Mr. Cho before and for not appreciating his father. He blames his self because it’s already late for him to show his love for his father and he can no longer do that anymore because Mr. Cho is gone. He already leaves them and he’s already in heaven. Kyuhyun also feel upset because he feels betrayed by his mother, his cousins and his cousin in law. They know something about Mr. Cho, but they didn’t tell it to him. He knows that it’s not good to hate his mother, but he just can’t help it. Hatred just keeps on flowing in his heart because of feeling betrayed by her and by his relatives.

 

“I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. Mrs. Cho can tell that her son is crying because of the sound of his voice and she feels hurt knowing that Kyuhyun is suffering and having a hard time because of her husband’s death.

 

“Sweetheart, will you please listen to me?”

 

Mrs. Cho takes a deep breath to control her tears from falling.

 

“I know that you’re hurt and sad and I know that you’re having a hard time because of your dad’s death. But all of us are also feeling that way. I know that you’re hurt, but I’m more hurt than you because he’s my husband…sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho’s tears start falling from her eyes.

 

“Please don’t make it hard for me. Don’t do this to me. I didn’t tell you about your dad’s condition because he doesn’t want you to know. He wants to hide it from you because he’s afraid that you will blame yourself because you become rebellious before. He doesn’t want to see you sad. He just wants to see you happy and he wants to cherish each moments with you happily. I’m really sorry sweetheart, but please understand. I didn’t want to hide it from you. I just follow what your dad wants because I don’t want to give him a hard time. I’m sorry”

 

“I DON’T CARE MOM! IT’S TOO LATE! JUST GO AWAY! I HATE YOU!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts as he starts crying hard again.

 

“I feel so betrayed, don’t you know that? You make me like a fool. Everyone knows about dad, but his own son doesn’t even know about it. You could have at least told me and I won’t tell him that I already know. I could just pretend even though it’s painful, but you choose to be silent! It is as if I’m not a family member!”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother while clenching the shot glass tightly. He really feels so mad at that moment and he just wants to release his anger, but he doesn’t know how.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Cho slowly sits on the floor. She still feels miserable because of the death of his husband and he needs to get some strength to carry the sadness and pain. But she can’t get it from Kyuhyun because he doesn’t want to give it to her because of his anger towards her.

 

“Please don’t hate me. I need you at time like this. It’s still painful for me. My heart is aching because your dad is no longer with us. I need some strength to carry on. I need some strength to fight this sadness and pain, so please don’t be like this. Your dad is already gone. It’s just the two of us now, so please don’t make your heart harder than a rock and don’t hate me like this. I need you Kyu, please understand. Don’t do this to me sweetheart. Don’t hate me like this”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son as she starts crying hard. She can’t even explain the pain that she’s feeling on that moment. She already loses her husband and she’s afraid that her son will turn his back away from her and leave her.

 

“Kyu…please open the door and don’t be like this”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers. But Kyuhyun didn’t open the door. He keeps his pride and anger on top. He just ignores his mother and continues drinking whisky. Sungmin went upstairs to call her husband and mother in law for lunch. Her nanny accompanies her. She went at the master’s bedroom, but Mrs. Cho is not there. She decided to call her husband first inside his office and that’s where she found her mother in law. Her nanny leads her way towards Mrs. Cho. She leaves Sungmin alone with Mrs. Cho.

 

“Mom”

 

Sungmin slowly sits on her heels when she heard her mother in law crying. She puts down her long cane on the floor and runs her hands on the floor to look for Mrs. Cho.

 

“Sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Cho pulls Sungmin towards her and hugs her tight.

 

“Mom, is there something wrong? Why are you crying? Are you feeling sad again?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly. Mrs. Cho looks at her.

 

“Please talk to Kyu. He doesn’t want to talk to me. He hates me so much. I need him Minnie. I need you and Kyu to give me strength. It’s so painful. I miss your dad so much and it’s still painful. I still can’t accept the fact that he’s no longer with us and he won’t be with us anymore”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin as she cries hard. Sungmin’s tears start forming in her eyes upon hearing her mother in law’s cry. She feels hurt as well because of the death of her father in law. It’s still fresh from their heart and mind. Sungmin hugs Mrs. Cho, hoping that she can ease the pain that she’s feeling and hoping that she can give her strength. She knows how painful it is for Mrs. Cho to lose her husband. She knows it because her father once told her when her mother died that he feels so miserable and it seems that his life is no longer complete and he just wants to die as well.

 

“Mom, I’m here. Kyu and I are here. We’re all here for you. I know that dad’s death is really hard for all of us, especially to you, but don’t forget what he told us. He wants us to be happy no matter what happen”

 

Sungmin touches her mother in law’s beautiful face. Sungmin’s touch stops Mrs. Cho from crying. Her touch is so gentle and it makes Mrs. Cho calm down and somehow she manages to ease the pain that her mother in law is feeling on that moment. Mrs. Cho can feel that she’s not alone and that someone cares for her. She looks at her beautiful daughter in law. She notices the tears that were about to fall from Sungmin’s innocent eyes, but she’s holding it back.

 

“You can get strength from me. I’m also weak mom. Actually, you’re stronger than me. But, I can give you strength whenever you need to. Don’t ever think that you’re alone”

 

Sungmin shook her head sadly.

 

“That thing will never happen because Kyu and I will never leave you. We’re going to try our best to ease your sadness and your pain. I know it’s hard and really painful and you’re really hurt, but you need to go on because Kyu and I need you. If you will leave us too then what will happen to me and Kyu?”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law and wipes her tears away.

 

“Mom…”

 

Sungmin holds Mrs. Cho’s hands.

 

“Let’s go down now and eat. You haven’t eaten anything yet. Dad will worry about you. I cook delicious lunch for all of us”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. Mrs. Cho shook her head.

 

“I don’t have an appetite sweetheart. I just want to take a rest”

 

“Just eat a little. I’ll bring your lunch in your room and I’ll feed you ok”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. She holds Mrs. Cho’s hands tightly as they stand up together. Sungmin picks her long cane on the floor. Mrs. Cho holds her left hand and wraps it on her right arm as they slowly walk together. Mrs. Cho leads the way going to the master’s bedroom. They went inside. Sungmin helps her to sit on the bed.

 

“I’ll be back mom”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. Mrs. Cho just nods her head weakly. She watches Sungmin leaving the room quietly. Sungmin went downstairs. She went in the kitchen and asks the chefs to prepare Mrs. Cho’s lunch. She goes back upstairs with her nanny. They went inside the master’s bedroom with Mrs. Cho’s lunch. Sungmin’s nanny carefully places the tray of food on the bed and helps Sungmin to sit beside Mrs. Cho. Sungmin’s nanny bows her head before leaving the room quietly.

 

“Minnie sweetheart, I really don’t have an appetite. I’m really sorry. But I want to take a rest now”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin sadly.

 

“Just eat the soup mom. I’m worried about you. Please eat even just a little, so you won’t get sick”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. She folds her long cane and puts it beside her. She carefully runs her hands on the tray and found the warm bowl of chicken soup. She carefully gets it as well as the spoon. She blows the soup, cooling it before feeding Mrs. Cho.

 

“Mom, even though you don’t have an appetite, you need to try your best to eat. You need to be healthy because Kyu will be worried if you get sick”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law while feeding her carefully with the chicken soup.

 

“Minnie, I want to take a rest now. I’m ok”

 

“But you just eat three spoon of soup”

 

“I’m ok. I really don’t have an appetite”

 

Mrs. Cho told her daughter in law. She gets the bowl of chicken soup on Sungmin’s hands as well as the soup spoon and puts it down on the tray. She drinks the water and grabs the telephone on top of the bedside table and told the head maid to get the tray inside her room. The head maid arrives at the master’s bedroom and gets the tray of food. She bows at Sungmin and Mrs. Cho before leaving the room.

 

“I’m going to sleep sweetheart. Please stay and don’t leave me”

 

Mrs. Cho told her daughter in law. Sungmin nods and helps Mrs. Cho to lie down on the bed.

 

“Go to sleep now mom. Take enough rest. I’ll cook delicious dinner for you later. I’m here. I won’t leave you, so don’t be afraid and don’t worry too much ok. I’ll talk to Kyu later. I’m sure that he won’t get mad at you for a long time”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. She softly kisses Mrs. Cho’s forehead.

 

“Sleep now”

 

Sungmin whispers. She starts Mrs. Cho’s hair gently and sings a song for her; to put her to sleep. Mrs. Cho slowly closes her eyes and listens to her daughter in law’s sweet calming voice until she finally falls asleep. Sungmin stops singing when she feels that her mother in law is already sleeping peacefully.

 

“I’ll be back later mom. I’ll just talk to my husband. Sleep tight ok and rest well”

 

Sungmin whispers. She slowly lowers her head and kisses Mrs. Cho’s forehead.

 

“I love you mom. Please don’t be sad anymore. You need to be strong for me and Kyu”

 

Sungmin told her sleeping mother in law. She carefully runs her hands on the soft mattress and found her long cane. Sungmin stands up and covers Mrs. Cho’s body with a blanket. She unfolds her long cane and starts walking slowly. She leaves the master’s bedroom quietly, avoiding making noises that will wake her sleeping mother in law. Sungmin went at Kyuhyun’s office. She holds the doorknob, trying to open it.

 

“It’s lock”

 

Sungmin whispers.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin starts knocking softly. Kyuhyun heard his wife, but he just ignores her.

 

“Kyu, please open the door. Let’s talk. Mom is worried about you and she’s crying because you hate her. Please don’t be like that”

 

Sungmin told her husband while knocking softly on the door, hoping that her husband will open the door and talk to her.

 

“Kyu, please”

 

Sungmin begs. But Kyuhyun just ignores her.

 

“Kyu”

 

“LEAVE ME ALONE MIN! I DON’T NEED YOU! LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU AND TALK TO ANYONE!”

 

“But Kyu”

 

“I SAID, LEAVE ME ALONE! NOW!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. Sungmin didn’t give up. She stops knocking and went downstairs to ask the head maid for the duplicate key of her husband’s office. The head maid gives it to her. Sungmin quickly go back upstairs and went at her husband’s office. She uses the duplicate key to open the door. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin who quietly went inside his office.

 

“What are you doing here? I told you to leave me alone, right?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin’s heart starts beating fast because of fear. She can sense her husband’s anger through the sound of his voice.

 

“Ah…Kyu …I ju—“

 

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. He throws a book on Sungmin’s direction, making her jump because of fear.

 

“Ky….Ky…Kyu…”

 

Sungmin’s voice starts trembling because of fear. She starts walking slowly.

 

“Kyu…where…where are…you?”

 

Sungmin asks with fear in her voice. Kyuhyun stares at her seriously.

 

“Can’t you understand that I don’t want to talk to anyone? I told you to leave me alone, right?”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife angrily. Sungmin stops walking when she bumps into Kyuhyun’s desk. She folds her long cane and places it on top of the desk.

 

“I’m not going to leave you”

 

Sungmin told her husband. She shook her head.

 

“I will never leave you, especially during this time that you need someone to listen to you”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun with sadness in her voice. She knows that her husband is really sad and upset. She knows that Kyuhyun needs someone who will listen to him and he also needs a shoulder to cry on.

 

“I know that you’re sad because dad is no longer here with us. We’re all sad, but please don’t do this. You’re making us worry about you. If you have problem, you need to tell it to me. I’m your wife and it always bothers me whenever you’re carrying your worries all by yourself”

 

“And what can you do? Tell me. Can you do something? You’re just a blind girl!”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin feels hurt because of what Kyuhyun told her.

 

“See?”

 

Kyuhyun smirks while staring at his wife who fell silent.

 

“You can’t even answer me because you know that you can’t do anything even if I tell you my worries and beside, who do you think you are? I know that you’re my wife, but do I need to tell you everything? Do you think I’m the kind of person who opens up everything? The hell do you care whether I’m quiet and I don’t want to talk to anyone. The hell do you care whether I hate my mom or not. You’re out of it because you’re just my wife, so stop meddling in my whole life”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, hurting her feelings.

 

“Now, if you don’t mind, please leave me alone”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before taking a shot of whisky. The smell of the liquor lingers inside the room.

 

“Are you drinking?”

 

Sungmin asks, but Kyuhyun didn’t answer. He just continues to drink.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin gets her long cane on top of the desk. She unfolds it and starts walking slowly towards Kyuhyun. She knows that Kyuhyun is sitting on his chair.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin runs her hand on the desk and found the bottle of whisky. She grabs it before Kyuhyun can.

 

“Yah! Give it to me”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin while shooting her an angry glare. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“You’re not going to drink anymore. Please talk to mom now”

 

“I told you to leave me alone, right?”

 

Sungmin’s heart starts beating fast again and she heard Kyuhyun standing up. He stands in front of his wife and grabs the bottle of whisky away from her hand. Kyuhyun drinks it before talking.

 

“Why are you such a hard headed girl? I told you to leave me alone”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, controlling his temper. He drinks the whisky again. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’m not going to leave you unless you speak and tell me your problem. I want you to tell me what’s inside your heart”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, trying to hide her fear. But Kyuhyun can sense it. He stares at his wife seriously before throwing the bottle of whisky on the wall, breaking it. He did that to scare Sungmin.

 

“If you don’t want to get hurt, you will leave now”

 

Kyuhyun warns Sungmin whose eyes are starting to get teary.

 

“Go ahead and hurt me. If that’s what you want then do it. If it makes you happy then do it. Release your anger on me. I’m going to take all of it, just don’t be like that”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun holds her chin tightly.

 

“You don’t know me when I get mad. You’re going to regret it blind girl!”

 

Kyuhyun whispers while shooting Sungmin a deadly glare.

 

“Don’t hate mom. Please don’t. You need to understand. It’s not her fault to hide you th—“

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

Kyuhyun pushes Sungmin so hard on the floor.

 

“YOU KNOW NOTHING, SO SHUT UP!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts.

 

“If you need to cry then cry, just don’t be like this. I’m here for you. I’m going to listen. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, controlling her tears from falling. She’s afraid to cry because she’s thinking that her husband will only hurt her more if she will cry.

 

“YOU KNOW NOTHING!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. His eyes are starting to get teary again; anger, frustration and hatred keeps on running in his veins and he just wants to hurt Sungmin and release everything to her. But he’s controlling his self from doing that because he doesn’t want to hurt Sungmin.

 

“Leave me alone!”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin as he tries his best to control his temper before he can do something so bad and hurt his wife. Sungmin shook her head as tears start falling from her eyes.

 

“I don’t want. I’m not going to leave you. I’m going to stay here with you”

 

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts, losing his temper. He harshly pulls Sungmin up and holds her arms tightly.

 

“Kyu, you’re hurting me”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she squirms because of pain. Kyuhyun stares at her seriously.

 

“I don’t care! You don’t want to leave then take the consequence! I told you to leave me!”

 

Kyuhyun slaps Sungmin.

 

“GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! LEAVE ME ALONE!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts, but Sungmin shook her head as she starts crying.

 

“Please stop doing this Kyu. Stop hating mom. I know how hard it is for you, but ple—“

 

“How can you tell me those things? You know nothing you ing blind girl! Stop telling me that you know how I feel right now! You don’t know how painful it is for me to lose my dad and to get betrayed by your own mom! Shut the off and leave me alone!”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin while staring at her angrily. Sungmin shook her head. She doesn’t want to leave her husband because she knows that Kyuhyun needs her.

 

“I know how painful it is to lose someone you love because I’ve been there already. I lose Umma and Appa and it’s really painful because I’m all alone. You’re very lucky because you still have mom and you…you…you had the chance to talk to dad before he goes unlike me…I didn’t had the chance to talk to Appa and tell him that I love him and beg him to stay and not to leave me because when I arrive at the hospital, he’s already dead. You’re a very lucky person, but why do you want to hate those people who love you and who care for you? You have a family, but why do you want to hate them and push them away from your life? I know it’s really painful to get betrayed by someone you love because you did that to me before when you give me to your friends and let them….”

 

Sungmin stops talking when she remembers that day wherein Kyuhyun let his friend touch her and play with her. She remembers that painful day wherein she keeps on shouting Kyuhyun’s name and trust him that he will protect her and defend her from his friends and to the people who wants to hurt her, but Kyuhyun just ignores her.

 

“I know its hard Kyu, but she’s your mom and she loves you. Don’t turn into a beast again. Don’t let your anger and hatred control you again and don’t let it flow in your heart for you to push mom away from your life and lose your way again. Please don’t hate mom. You need to understand that it’s not easy for her to hide the truth from you and to pretend that everything is fine. Dad is gone, but you still have mom and she needs you. You need to be her strength for her to be able to carry all the pain and sadness because of dad’s death. So please Kyu, stop now ok”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while crying softly. Kyuhyun pushes Sungmin away. He grabs his chair and throws it hard on the floor. He throws all the things that were on his desk. Sungmin heard something that breaks; it’s the shot glass. It falls on the floor when Kyuhyun throws away all his things on top of his desk. Kyuhyun sits at the corner and buries his gorgeous face on his knees just like a kid and starts crying hard. Sungmin can hear her husband’s sob. She slowly crawls on the floor to find her way towards her husband.

 

“Ouch!”

 

Sungmin whispers when she touches something sharp; it was the broken shot glass. Sungmin’s hand starts bleeding, but she just ignores the pain as she continues to crawl on the floor, following the sound of Kyuhyun’s sob.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin bumps into her husband.

 

“Kyu”

 

Sungmin kneels in front of her husband. Kyuhyun slowly raises his head to look at Sungmin.

 

“Baby”

 

Kyuhyun whispers. Sungmin reaches her hand out; the hand that was not injured. She places it on Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face and touches it softly. Sungmin’s gentle touch calms Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m here. I won’t leave you. I know that I can’t do anything because of my condition, but I can cry for you. I can always listen to you and be your shoulder to cry on. I love you Kyu, so please…stop now. Please don’t hate mom. She’s already having a hard time, don’t add up. She needs you to give her strength”

 

Sungmin told her husband while gently touching his gorgeous face. Tears start falling slowly again from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Baby”

 

Kyuhyun pulls Sungmin and hugs her tight. He buries his gorgeous face on his wife’s chest as he starts crying hard again.

 

“It’s ok to cry Kyu. Just let it go. I’m here for you”

 

Sungmin whispers as she hugs Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m such a failure son. I never even had the chance to show my love to dad. It’s so painful Min. I just can’t believe that dad will leave us so soon. I had a lot of plans for both of us. I want to ask him to go fishing with me, just like what we used to do in Sydney when I was still a kid while talking about life. I want to ask him to give me advice on how to be a good husband and father like him. I still want to spend a lot of time with him, but it will never happen anymore and I’m so stupid to waste a lot of years of hating him and mom and being away from them. I’m so stupid to listen to my friends and to think that my parents don’t love me at all. I thought dad is not proud of me and never appreciate me because he always opposes me. I thought he doesn’t want me to become happy because he always goes against me and he let me marry you. But I was wrong…damn so wrong. I was blinded by my anger and hatred that I didn’t notice that all dad wants is for me to be happy and have a good life. I didn’t notice that he’s proud of me and he’s happy that I become his son and I didn’t even notice how much he loves me. I’m such a failure Min”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife as tears keep on falling from his eyes.

 

“Don’t say that. You never become a failure. Dad is happy to see you change and to see you as a better person. You never become a disappointment, so stop thinking like that. Seeing you happy and enjoying life as a better person is already enough to dad. You don’t need to prove anything because no matter what happen, your parents will always love you and accept you no matter who you are and what you become. That’s why you need to appreciate them and those things that you have, be it little or big, you need to be thankful for all of it”

 

“But it’s already late for me to do that”

 

“No”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“It’s not yet late Kyu because mom is still there. Don’t make the same mistake like what you did before. You need to say sorry to mom and understand her. Mom needs you Kyu. She needs you to give her strength so she can fight the sadness and pain”

 

“I already miss dad”

 

Kyuhyun whispers as tears keep on falling from his eyes.

 

“Min”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Can I just cry until there are no more tears falling from my eyes? You’re going to stay, right?”

 

Kyuhyun asks sadly. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Go ahead Kyu. Just cry your heart out. It’s ok. I’m going to listen. I’m not going to speak. I’ll just listen. But after this day, promise me that you’re going to be ok even though it’s hard. We need to be ok and strong for mom because she needs us. We need to give her strength and that’s why we need to be strong for her”

 

Sungmin told her husband. She wipes her tears away and hugs her husband tight to comfort him and to make him feel that he’s not alone and that she won’t leave him. Sungmin knows that Kyuhyun is weak on that moment and that’s why she keeps on telling herself that she needs to be strong for her husband and of course for her mother in law. Kyuhyun buries his gorgeous face on Sungmin’s chest as he starts crying so hard, releasing all the pain and sadness that he’s feeling on that moment.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun places the first aid kit on top of the bedside table after putting bandage on his wife’s injured hand. Kyuhyun stares at Sungmin sadly, feeling guilty because his wife got hurt because of him.

 

“Kyu, stop feeling guilty ok. It’s not your fault”

 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who is really quiet. She knows that her husband is feeling guilty because of what happen earlier.

 

“You sit beside me”

 

Sungmin instructed. Kyuhyun follows and sits beside her.

 

“I’m sorry. I hurt you again”

 

Kyuhyun whispers while staring at Sungmin sadly. Sungmin shook her head and embraces her husband in her arms. Kyuhyun rests his head on Sungmin’s chest.

 

“I’m fine Kyu. Don’t worry about me. You should take a rest now. You need to sleep because you’re not yet sleeping and having a rest. I’m already worried about you”

 

“Please don’t leave me. Just stay here beside me”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin helps Kyuhyun to lie down on their bed. She lay down beside her husband. Kyuhyun hugs her and buries her gorgeous face on his wife’s chest, just like a kid that is afraid of a ghost.

 

“Sleep. I’m here, so don’t be afraid. You need to promise me that you’re going to eat dinner later ok”

 

“I’ll try”

 

“Please. I’ll be the one who will cook”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin embraces Kyuhyun.

 

“I love you Kyu. Go to sleep now”

 

Sungmin whispers. She can feel her husband’s tears falling from her chest. Kyuhyun is crying again because he misses Mr. Cho and he remembers him.

 

“Dad will always be with us because he will always stay in our heart”

 

Sungmin told her husband. She starts Kyuhyun’s hair gently. Kyuhyun stops crying when he heard his wife’s sweet and calming voice. Sungmin is singing softly for him, taking his pain and sadness away. Sungmin stops singing when she feels that Kyuhyun is no longer crying.

 

“If you’re feeling weak, you can always get some strength from me. I know that I’m also weak, but I can be strong for you, especially when you need be to be strong for you. I’m just here Kyu. I won’t leave you”

 

Sungmin told her husband. She continues to Kyuhyun’s hair, making him feel sleepy. Sungmin starts singing again. Kyuhyun listens to his wife’s sweet and calming voice that gives him strength and somehow eases the pain and sadness that he’s feeling on that moment. Kyuhyun hugs his wife tight and slowly closes his eyes as he finally falls asleep.

 

~~~

 

It was already eight in the evening when Sungmin went inside Kyuhyun’s room with her nanny. She brings her husband’s dinner because Kyuhyun doesn’t want to eat. She needs to force Kyuhyun to eat because her husband is not yet eating anything since the first day of Mr. Cho’s wake. Sungmin’s nanny puts down the tray of food on the bed. She bows her head to Kyuhyun and Sungmin before leaving the room quietly.

 

“I told you that I don’t have an appetite”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife while staring at her worried face.

 

“Please try to eat even just a little. I’m really worried Kyu. You’re not yet eating anything since the first day of dad’s wake. You see. Mom is already done eating her dinner. I already feed her. She didn’t give me a hard time, so please do the same. I’m the one who cook it, so please eat”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly.

 

“Ok. I’ll eat, so you won’t worry anymore”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife, making his face goes bright.

 

“Do you want me to feed you?”

 

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“It’s ok baby. I can manage. Did you eat your dinner?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. He takes a sip on his pineapple juice before getting the fork to eat. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I’ll eat after I feed you”

 

Sungmin told her husband who is already eating his dinner.

 

“Ok. Then let’s eat together. I can’t finish all of these. You cook a lot”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife and starts feeding her; they start eating together.

 

“Was it delicious?”

 

Sungmin asks before taking a sip on her husband’s pineapple juice. Kyuhyun nods and wipes Sungmin’s lips with the table napkin. He gets the glass of pineapple juice away from his wife’s grip. He takes a sip before putting it down on the tray.

 

“Very delicious. Thanks a lot baby”

 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before feeding his self and of course Sungmin.

 

“Kyu”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Kyuhyun looks at his wife while chewing his food gently.

 

“Now that dad is no longer here with us, I think you should change your mind about us moving out from this house. We can’t leave mom alone”

 

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun nods his head. He takes a sip on his pineapple juice before speaking.

 

“I already think about it awhile ago. You’re right baby. We need to stay. We can’t leave mom alone. We need to watch over her and take care of her now that dad is no longer here with us”

 

Kyuhyun told his wife sadly. His tears are starting to form in his eyes because he remembers his father again.

 

“By the way, where is mom?”

 

Kyuhyun asks his wife.

 

“I leave her in the master’s bedroom awhile ago after feeding her”

 

“I’m going to talk to her after eating my dinner”

 

“I have a great idea Kyu”

 

“What?”

 

Kyuhyun asks while staring at Sungmin curiously.

 

“Let’s just sleep with mom tonight, so she can sleep peacefully and she won’t be sad. What do you think?”

 

Sungmin suggested. Kyuhyun thinks for the meantime.

 

“Please”

 

Sungmin flashes her puppy eyes to convince her husband. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Ok”

 

“Thank you Kyu. I’m sure that mom will be happy. You finish your dinner now”

 

Sungmin told her husband happily. Kyuhyun nods his head and continuous feeding his self and his wife.

 

~~~

 

It was already eleven in the evening when Kyuhyun and Sungmin went inside the master’s bedroom. Kyuhyun saw his mother packing her things.

 

“Mom, what are you doing?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho looks at her son who is walking towards her with his wife.

 

“I just pack my things because I’m leaving tomorrow at five in the morning”

 

“Where are you going and why do you need to leave?”

 

Kyuhyun asks curiously as he helps his wife to sit on the bed.

 

“Mom, is there something wrong?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly. Mrs. Cho shook her head. She closes her luggage and puts it at the corner.

 

“I’m actually going to tell it to both of you, but you already caught me”

 

Mrs. Cho sits beside Sungmin. She holds her hand and looks at Kyuhyun who is staring at her, asking for an explanation as to where she’s going and why she needs to leave all of a sudden.

 

“I just want to travel all by myself for the meantime. I want to be alone for the meantime and unwind”

 

Mrs. Cho told them.

 

“Mom…”

 

Mrs. Cho raises her hand to stop her son from talking.

 

“Kyu, don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I just need to unwind because I’ll just remember your dad and will just cry everyday if I’m just going to stay here. I won’t be able to move on if I’m just going to stay here. I just want to unwind to help me move on. Just please allow me. I promise that I’ll be fine and I’ll be back on Minnie’s nineteenth birthday party”

 

Mrs. Cho told her son.

 

“Do we still need to celebrate it?”

 

Sungmin asks sadly. Mrs. Cho looks at her daughter in law. She nods her head and holds Sungmin’s beautiful face between her hands.

 

“Yes sweetheart. We’re going to pursue it and celebrate it just like what your dad told you. He will be mad if we will cancel the celebration. We all need to move on and try to be happy though the situation that we’re all facing right now is really painful and hard. Life must go on just like what your dad told me before he died”

 

Mrs. Cho told Sungmin while controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Mom”

 

Mrs. Cho looks at her son.

 

“Yes sweetheart?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks. Kyuhyun hugs her.

 

“I’m sorry. I know that I’m not supposed to act like that awhile ago and I’m not supposed to get mad at you and hate you. I supposed to understand and be your strength. I’m really sorry for being hard headed and immature”

 

Kyuhyun apologizes to his mother for hating her. Mrs. Cho hugs her son tightly, getting some strength from him.

 

“I understand sweetheart. Don’t worry about it”

 

Mrs. Cho holds her son’s gorgeous face between her hands.

 

“I love you”

 

“I love you too mom”

 

Mrs. Cho manages to smile. She pats the empty space beside her.

 

“Sit beside me”

 

Mrs. Cho instructed. Kyuhyun obeys her and sits beside her. Mrs. Cho hugs Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

 

“Dad is no longer here with us, but we need to move on little by little. I know it’s hard for all of us and it’s really painful, but we can do this. Life must go on and dad will always stay in our hearts. He may not be here with us physically, but he will always stay in our hearts. No matter what happen, I will be strong for both of you. We can do this. We can surpass this pain and sadness. Just always stay beside me and give me strength whenever I feel weak. We need to stick together and give each other strength and support. Both of you are my strength. I know that I can make it because you are here for me. So, can I rely on both of you?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks as she wipes her tears away.

 

“YES MOM”

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun told her in unison.

 

“Min and I will always be here to give you strength. Don’t worry mom because everything will be alright. Don’t be sad now or else dad will be mad at all of us and he will surely be sad in heaven if he sees you crying”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother as he wipes her tears away.

 

“Thank you Kyu and Minnie. I really don’t know what to do if you guys are not here with me”

 

Mrs. Cho told them while hugging them tight.

 

“We love you mom”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. Mrs. Cho smile.

 

“I love you too Kyu and Minnie”

 

Mrs. Cho softly kisses their forehead, controlling her tears from falling again.

 

“It’s already late at night. You both need to sleep now. I know that both of you are really tired like me”

 

“Well actually…”

 

Kyuhyun smiles at his mother.

 

“My wife suggested that we should sleep here with you. Is it ok mom?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho stares at her son and daughter in law who are waiting for her answer. Mrs. Cho wipes the tears that fall down from her eyes and nods her head.

 

“It will be better, so I won’t feel alone”

 

Mrs. Cho told them as they hug them tight.

 

“Stop crying mom. You’re making us cry as well”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother while wiping his tears away.

 

“Look, you make my baby cry”

 

Kyuhyun teases his mother as he hugs Sungmin who is already crying.

 

“I’m sorry sweethearts. Mom is being too emotional again. I promise that I will try not to cry. Stop crying now ok. Seriously, our family can win all the awards in Oscars”

 

Mrs. Cho told them as they laugh while crying.

 

“See? We’re even getting crazy. Laughing while crying”

 

Mrs. Cho told them as she wipes her tears away.

 

“Let’s sleep now ok. No more crying”

 

Mrs. Cho told them. Kyuhyun and Sungmin nod their heads as they wipe their tears away. Mrs. Cho lay down on the bed.

 

“Mom, why are you lying on the center? It’s Min’s place. She needs to be in the center, so I can hug her”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother while pouting. Mrs. Cho smiles at him.

 

“Kyu, you’re being possessive again. You can have your wife and have a solo time with her when you fly in New York with her”

 

Mrs. Cho told Kyuhyun, teasing him.

 

“But still…”

 

Kyuhyun sighs.

 

“Fine”

 

Kyuhyun told them, making his mother and his wife laugh softly. Kyuhyun lay down on Mrs. Cho’s left side while Sungmin lay down on Mrs. Cho’s right side. They both hug Mrs. Cho.

 

“I hope when we see each other again on Minnie’s birthday party, both of you will have good news for me”

 

Mrs. Cho told the couple.

 

“What good news?”

 

Kyuhyun asks. Mrs. Cho smile.

 

“I want a grandchild soon. Can I demand it?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks the couple, but they didn’t answer. Mrs. Cho looks at her son.

 

“Don’t work too much. Don’t forget what your dad told you. Don’t sacrifice your time for your wife because of your work. I know that you’re going in New York to work and not to have honeymoon, but still…have time for your wife and impregnate her soon. Seriously Kyu and Minnie, what is your problem? You guys don’t want to have a baby yet?”

 

Mrs. Cho asks. Kyuhyun was about to answer and explain his wife’s condition, but Sungmin in.

 

“Ok mom. I promise that your grandchild will soon arrive. Kyu and I will make our baby in New York, right Kyu?”

 

Sungmin asks her husband. Kyuhyun stares at her and she can see a smile on Sungmin’s lips, indicating that she’s positive that they can have a baby soon.

 

“Yes baby”

 

Kyuhyun answers his wife before looking at his mother who is smiling brightly.

 

“You’re grandchild will soon arrive. That’s a promise mom”

 

Kyuhyun told his mother happily. He and Sungmin will really try their best to give Mrs. Cho a grandchild soon.

 

“The baby will be a wonderful blessing for our family and he will give us more happiness and laughter and the baby will bring back the happiness here in the house”

 

Mrs. Cho told them.

 

“Kyu”

 

“Yes mom?”

 

“Don’t forget to bring Minnie to an eye doctor ok.  Your dad donates his eyes for her to be able to see and I’m really looking forward on it. I hope when I go back here, my baby girl can already see. We will all be happy if that happens, so bring her to an eye doctor immediately”

 

Mrs. Cho reminds her son. Kyuhyun nods his head.

 

“Yes mom. Min and I will go to an eye doctor tomorrow”

 

“Good. Don’t forget to update me”

 

“Yes mom”

 

Mrs. Cho looks at her daughter in law who looks so sleepy.

 

“You’re going to have eyesight soon and I will be very happy if you will finally be able to see. I know that your Umma, Appa and dad will be happy as well and of course Kyu”

 

Mrs. Cho told her sleepy daughter in law. Sungmin just flashes a smile.

 

“Ok. Let’s sleep now. I still need to wake up early for my flight. Both of you will take care and don’t fight. Kyu, you need to take care of your wife while I’m away”

 

“Yes mom”

 

Kyuhyun yawns softly.

 

“Good night Kyu and Minnie. Let’s sleep now and take a good rest because we’re all tired. Dad will watch over us. I love you both”

 

Mrs. Cho told them. She looks at Kyuhyun and Sungmin. She smiles because they are already sleeping peacefully.

 

“Honey, I know that you’re watching over us right now and I know that you’re happy in heaven. Don’t worry about us, we’re going to be fine and don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine because Kyu and Minnie are here for me. They are my strength to go on with my life even though you’re no longer here with us. Our grandchild will soon arrive, so you need to watch over him ok. He will make all of us happy and will bring back the happiness in this house. I’m just going to unwind ok and I promise I won’t cry anymore when I return here in Seoul. I love you honey. Good night”

 

Mrs. Cho wipes her tears away. She softly kisses Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s foreheads. She holds their hands.

 

“Thank you for being here with me. I know that I can make it because you’re here with me. I love you both. Let’s sleep now”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers. She knows that she will be able to move on little by little and she will be able to surpass the pain and sadness because Kyuhyun and Sungmin are there for her and she knows that they will always give her strength.

 

“I’m looking forward to have a grandchild. I hope he will arrive soon”

 

Mrs. Cho whispers happily. She believes that they need to have a little Cho in the family soon, so she won’t be sad whenever she’s alone in the house because her grandchild will be there to give her happiness whenever she will remember Mr. Cho. They need a little Cho to give them happiness all the time and so that the house won’t be too lonely and quiet and that’s why Mrs. Cho is really hoping and looking forward to have a grandchild soon and she really expects her son and daughter in law to grant that wish.

 

“He will arrive soon. I know he will”

 

Mrs. Cho told herself. She looks at her son and her daughter in law. She hugs them tight before closing her eyes to join them in dreamland.