Chance

GHOST
"since we gonna work together lets get to know each other" Baekhyun says as he lays down in Sehun's old bed. Sehun still sitting on the desk afraid he might say to much, or too little, or if his gonna say the right things. "okay, find i'll start" Baekhyun puts his hands in the back of his head, "im Baekhyun, i play baseball im also the captain. Im the popular kid at school" Baekhyun chuckles
 
"you probably already knew that" Sehun nods, "okay im gonna say something that i never told anyone before, but you need to come closer" Baekhyun sits down. Sehun waits alittle, before he stands up, "come closer" Baekhyun makes a sign for Sehun to move, Sehun gives small steps waiting for Baekhyun's sign to tell him to stop. But he never does, only when Sehun is face to face with him.
 
"i like you" Sehun open his mouth to either laugh, or say 'nice joke' but all he can do was just open his mouth. Baekhyun looks at Sehun's eyes with his signature smile. Sehun knows was going to happen next, he just waits for Baekhyun to do it first. He sees Baekhyun closing his eyes, so he does the same. Then he feels someone throwing him cold water, waking him up.
 
Sehun shots up from his bed, "what the hell!" 
 
"they told me to wake you up like this" 
 
Sehun goes and grabs a towel, he dries himself before he turns to see the ghost "yeah, well spread the word not to wake me up like this anymore" the ghost of the little girl nods. By looking at her, Sehun can tell she was in a house fire. Maybe the one he read two days ago, "you look funny dreaming" the little girl giggles, Sehun laughs sarcastically. "yeah well i bet you did too"
 
The girl stays quiet trying to remember if she did, but she doesnt "i...i dont know" Sehun grabs a shirt from his closet, "dont worry where your going you would have nice dreams" Sehun gives her a big smile, making the little girl smile too. Sehun enters the restroom, he finish drying his body. Before those awful coughs come back. 
 
He puts the new shirt and leaves the restroom. "okay ready?" the little girl nods. They both exit the dark cold house, as they walk to the direction where the little girl used to lived. Holding the little girls hand, they reach to the burn down house. The little girl sees that it was almost her time to go, so she starts to ask questions to Sehun. 
 
"who were you dreaming about? was it a y dream? do you love that person? how do you know that person?" Sehun stays quiet
 
"come on answer me"
 
"your to little to know about love" Sehun looks down to look at her, "im five years old...im not little" Sehun scoffs "your little okay!" Sehun touches the little girl nose, making the little girl look at him with her 'evil look', but it was just so cute that it made Sehun laugh. "can you at least answer one of the questions? please"
 
The house is two stories, and there wasnt alot of it left. There was Yellow tape around the property, Sehun looks at the little girl trying to understand how could it happened to her. She was only five years old, kids are not suppose to worry about dying, but about who are they gonna meet in school, and having a best friend.
 
To know what they want to do when they grow up. Not about dying. Sehun kneels down to be face to face with the little girl, "okay fine, i'll answer one" The little girl smiles, and nods excited. "i was dreaming about Baekhyun" the little girl pouts, cause she doesnt know who he is "oh please another question!!"
 
Sehun looks down as he smiles cheerful. "fine" he looks at her, "you ask if i love that person, the answer is i might. i think about him all the time, sometimes i get scared of how much he enters my mind" the little girl hugs Sehun, loving the answer "i think is time for me to go" Sehun nods, he takes the little girl to the front of the door.
 
The little girl nods, telling him shes ready. Sehun takes the bag of salt from his pocket, he makes a circle around the littl girl. He cuts a piece of her hair, and cuts himself. He uses the little girl's hair to wipe the blood off. Sehun raises his head as he closes his eyes. He begins to say a spell, as he lets go of the bloody hair, dropping it inside of the circle. 
 
"Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos" Sehun opens his eyes and a bright light appears taking the little girl. When the light disappears, Sehun smiles knowing that the little girl is somewhere where she can be happy.
 
Then a big pain comes to Sehun, he falls to the floor in his knees, and begins to cough.
 
He can feel his throat scraping as he continues. The taste of blood comes to him when he begins to cough blood. It was always like this, so when he starts to see blood, his not surprise.
 
When Sehun finally stops coughing, he walks home. He knows he has to go to the doctor for another check up, but school been hard this couple of weeks. Between him been bully, and teachers who keep on giving homework and projects, he doesnt know how long he can go on. It seems like when his coughing is when he realize that he has to go to the doctor.
 
Never before. He looks at it like when people begin to pray only when they need god, never before. When Sehun opens the door of his home, he finds it empty. Like always. Sehun walks to the calender, and sees that today is his mom birthday. He grabs his cell phone and dials a phone number, that he knows he cant call longer than an hour.
 
The phone rings, and rings. Sehun goes to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. Then he moves to the livingroom to wait for his mom to answer. "hello" someone answers with a tone that never changes when Sehun calls "hi, mom happy birthday!!!" there was silence, Sehun takes the phone out of his mouth
 
To grab more strength for him not to cry, and tell his mother how much he misses her. "how are you darling?" Sehun takes a big breath, before he answers "im been good, top of my class" Mrs. Oh chuckles very lightly, "im proud of you son" 
 
His dying to tell his mom, 'i miss you. come back' but even if he begs he knows they cant. Not because they dont want to, but because Sehun doesnt want them here. "son, i have to go. your sister is here with the cake" "oh yeah, go ahead mom. is your birthday"
 
"do you want to talk to your sister?" Sehun opens his mouth about to say yes, but he hears his sister say no. "uhm no mom, i have alot of work to do. i should do it now, before it gets to late" Mrs. Oh can tell Sehun is lying, but she didnt want to say something that it could make both of them cry. "okay, son. dont forget to eat alot and dont waste your time doing something else when you could be sleepping"
 
"i wouldnt, bye mom" the line cuts, and thats when Sehun get the guts to say 'i miss you'. He lays down on the couch as the phone drops from his hand. It wasnt fair. Why did he had to get sick? why can he see ghosts? Sehun bites his lips, trying to stop the tears from coming. Ever since he got Tuberculosis, his life change completely.
 
Dying for one minute, gave him the ability to see ghosts. He told his mom and sister about it, but of course they didnt believe it. He tried to push the ghosts away, to ignore them. But they appear everywhere, at school, at work, at home. It was one day, when they hurt Sehun's mom making them leave Sehun. It was Sehun plan, but its still hurt.
 
So for Sehun safety and everyone around him, he doesnt get close to people. At school people bully him because his a loner, and they had seen Sehun talked to himself(if they only knew he was talking to ghosts). Phone calls that can only last an hour long, so the ghost wouldnt get jealous. He now lives for the ghosts, as for everyone he's the ghost.
 
 
 
 
 
Sehun wakes up by the alarm of his phone, he goes to the restroom, takes a shower, and gets out. He puts on his school uniform and from the hundredth time he practice on a friendly smile. He goes to the picture of his mom and sister, "i'll be going now, bye mom, bye sis" He kisses the picture and leaves the house.
 
He walks on the same road, on the same side, alone. Sehun sees people from his school using the same road, but they dont say anything to him, nor him to them. Although he wishes he could. Sehun sighs, at the thought of having at least one friend. Someone who he doesnt have to call for an hour, someone who he can hang out with.
 
Sehun stuck on his tought of having a friend, he doesnt see Baekhyun behind him. Baekhyun moves slowly, trying to scared the poor Sehun. "wake up!" Baekhyun breaks an boil egg in Sehun's head. Baekhyun laughs, like if its the last laugh he would ever have.Sehun turns around massaging where Baekhyun hit him. He couldnt believe that Baekhyun was here infront of him. So all Sehun can do was stop, and just admire Baekhyun.
 
"what?" Baekhyun smiles as he continues to eat his breakfast. "i..." "sorry, did it really hurt? i didnt mean it, i just thought it would be funny to scared you" Sehun puts his hand down, he didnt want to see like he was weak "no...i..." Baekhyun touches where he hit Sehun, "heal, heal, if you dont heal today you will tomorrow" Baekhyun winks, as he continues to walk away.
 
Sehun only stares at Baekhyun, forgetting about everything. Baekhyun turns around, seen how Sehun still stuck on the same place "hey your going to be late!" Sehun comes back to life, and begins to run to the school entrance before they close it. 
 
When Sehun enters his first period, he's out of breath. He finds his seat, and tries to calm down. However, when Baekhyun enters he seems like a big cloud was carrying him. He was a pure angel, walking on earth. "hey!" Chanyeol hits Sehun in the forehead, It was always the same thing everyday. His bully.
 
"hey!" Chanyeol hits him again, most of the students laugh. Like it was really funny, "oh look what you have there?" Chanyeol points at Sehun uniform, Sehun looks down just to received a slap from Chanyeol. The students continue to laugh, no one was there for Sehun. No matter how Baekhyun want it to stand up, and say something.
 
Chanyeol was his best friend, which he also belong to the popular clique. The teacher enters, and just tells Chanyeol to go back to his seat. It was abvious that Sehun got hit, since his pale skin shows a big red mark. But the teacher doesnt say anything, and just starts the lesson. "okay so today, is project time" Sehun puts his head down.
 
Now more than ever he feels alone. He didnt understand how a single human can feel like this, it wasn fair and it wasnt right. "this time you guys would do it with partners" Sehun sighs, his gonna get a partner that doesnt do anything, and makes Sehun do all the work. He just hopes its not Chanyeol, he just cant take after school bullying.
 
"i put all your guys name in this box so it would be fair" Sehun continues to put his head down on the desk, not caring. I guess today it could be on of those 'i dont give a day'. "okay the first name is Chanyeol" Sehun closes his eyes, and crosses his fingers "please let not be me, please let not be me" Sehun whispers. "Chanyeol your partner is....." The teacher sees that is Sehun.
 
She has seen how Chanyeol treats him, although she really doesnt care. She knows it wouldnt be fair, so she lies "Chanyeol your partner is Suho" Sehun breaths again, he dodged a bullet. He hears Chanyeol and Suho high five, liking the idea of working together. "okay next is..." The teacher puts the hand on the box and takes a paper out.
 
"Baekhyun your partner is...." Sehun's heart begins to beat so fast, he starts to count the possibility of him being Baekhyun's partner. Theres 25 students, so it could be 1 in 25? or 1 in 23? "Baekhyun your partner is, Sehun"
 
Sehun raises his head as the students gasp. He looks at Baekhyun, and Baekyun only gives him a nod. His big chance of getting to know Baekhyun is finally here.
 
He only waited, four years.