Found You in the Darkness

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot

    “What happened to you?” Daehyun asked when he saw Youngjae’s swollen and split lip.

    Youngjae sighed.  “Listen.  I need to tell you something,” Youngjae said.  Daehyun just stared at Youngjae, slightly nodding.  When Youngjae knew that he had Daehyun’s full attention, he continued, “Yongguk and Jongup are wanted for arrest again.”

    “What?!” Daehyun asked, shocked.  He jumped up from his bed and gaped at Youngjae.  “What for?  They just made bail.”

    “We caught them sneaking out of the Black Dragons’ base.”

    “But Jongup was staying with them,” Daehyun interjected, “you know that.  That’s not trespassing!”

    “No it’s not,” Youngjae agreed, shaking his head, “but the police see it as them getting right back into criminal activity.”

    “They wouldn’t do that.”

    “They were trying to sneak out,” Youngjae said.  Daehyun shook his head and looked down at the floor.  “Plus there are charges for assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.”

    Daehyun looked up at Youngjae when he heard that.  “Assaulting an…?  That’s what happened to you,” Daehyun said.  He looked half amused and half worried.  “You should have known better than to approach Yongguk-hyung.”

    “It wasn’t Yongguk,” Youngjae said stiffly.

    Daehyun’s eyes widened.  “Jonguppie? I can’t even imagine him doing something like that.  What did you do to him?”

    Youngjae sighed again.  “All that matters is that the police are looking for them.”  Daehyun tightly closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair.  “But that’s not the worst part.”

    “Not the worst part?!” Daehyun asked incredulously, looking up at Youngjae with disbelief written all over his face.  “What could possibly be worse?”

    “When… when we went to apprehend Yongguk-hyung and Jongup, hoping that they’d have gone back home…” Youngjae just let his words fade.

    “What?!” Daehyun asked, getting scared from Youngjae’s reluctance to say what he had to say.  “What happened?!”

    “Someone had blown up the living room back home,” Youngjae shook his head, “I mean back at B.A.P’s home.”

    “What?” Daehyun asked quietly, voice barely a whisper.

    “There was a huge hole in the wall, and everything was destroyed on the inside,” Youngjae whispered as if him saying it quietly enough would make the situation less horrible.

    “What about Yongguk-hyung and Jongup?” Daehyun asked fearfully.  “And Himchan-hyung and Zelo?  Where are they?”

    Youngjae shrugged.  “There wasn’t anyone in the house when we went inside to check.”

    Daehyun sighed happily, putting his hand up to his chest.

    “But…”  Youngjae didn’t want to dash Daehyun’s hopes, but he knew that he needed to tell the older.  “But we did find blood on the floor of the living room.  So someone must have been there when it happened.”  Daehyun’s eyes were wide, so Youngjae quickly said, “We’re checking the hospitals now to see if we can find anyone.”

    Daehyun shook his head.  “I can’t believe this is happening,” Daehyun mumbled.  “I should be out there helping them.”

    “I still don’t have quite enough to post your bail, but I’ll have it soon,” Youngjae said.

    “Who would do this?” Daehyun wondered aloud, not hearing Youngjae’s comment about the bail money.

    “The grenade that caused the explosion at B.A.P’s place is the same as the one that was used by the Red Tigers in the park,” Youngjae announced.

    Daehyun looked at Youngjae, amazed.  “It’s Zico.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “What’s the name of the patient?” the nurse asked.

    Zico looked at Kyung and Taeil, who both looked back, shrugging.

    “We don’t know which one got hurt,” Kyung whispered.

    Zico growled.  “Look,” he said, addressing the nurse, “our friends were in an accident, but we aren’t sure if they’re even at this hospital, or who has even been hurt.”

    The nurse just looked at Zico with a bored expression.  “Do you have a name of a patient that you would like to see?” she asked, irritated.

    Zico glared.  “Try Bang Yongguk,” he grumbled, resisting hitting the nurse for her rudeness.

    The nurse typed away on her keypad before quickly looking back up at Zico.  “No one by that name is here.”

    Zico growled one more time before turning back to Kyung and Taeil.  “What are those other s’ names?”

    “Zelo,” Kyung said.

    Zico was about to turn back to the nurse, but Taeil stopped him.  “Zelo isn’t his real name.  It’s Choi Junhong.”

    “Oh right, yeah.”  Kyung nodded.

    Zico rolled his eyes before giving the nurse that name, which turned out to be absent from their patient list as well.

    “Try Jung Daehyun,” Taeil said.

    “He’s still in jail,” Kyung whispered.

    “Damn, that’s right,” Taeil mumbled.

    “Moon Jongup,” Zico told the nurse, speaking up over Taeil and Kyung.

    “Nope,” the nurse said.  “He’s not here either.”

    “Goddammit!” Zico cursed loudly, getting a few shocked and disgusted looks thrown his way.  “We must be at the wrong hospital.”

    “What about Kim Himchan?” Kyung suddenly asked the nurse.

    The nurse sighed before typing the name into the computer.  “You’re in luck,” the nurse said, causing the three to look at her anxiously.  “Kim Himchan was admitted two hours ago into the ICU for trauma and severe burns.”

    “Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Zico mumbled, impatient.  “What room is he in?”

    “He is in room 316B on the third floor, but you have to be a relative…” the nurse didn’t finish her sentence before Zico, Kyung, and Taeil ran off towards the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~316B~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “We’re looking for our friend,” Jongup said, out of breath as he and Yongguk ran up to the nurse’s desk.

    “You and everyone else,” the nurse replied, not looking up from her magazine.

    “Just tell us if Kim Himchan or Choi Junhong is here in this hospital!” Yongguk said heatedly, not liking the nurse’s attitude.

    The nurse was about to type in the names when she suddenly remembered.  “Oh, Kim Himchan!  I remember that name.  Some others had just stopped by looking for him.  They seemed like they didn’t really know him that well.  They gave me a list of names to look for, and…”

    “What room is he in?!” Yongguk shouted.

    “Rude!  So were they,” the nurse mumbled, but at Yongguk’s intense glare, she quickly re-looked up Himchan’s room number.  “He’s in room 316B.  It’s on the third floor.”  She didn’t bother trying to tell them about the rule of only relatives could visit at the moment.

    “Come on, Jongup,” Yongguk said before they headed towards the elevator.

    “Who do you think that nurse was talking about?” Jongup asked when the elevator doors closed.  “They were looking for Himchan-hyung too.”

    Yongguk sighed.  “I think it’s the Red Tigers,” he mumbled.

    Jongup looked at Yongguk, confused.  “Mwo?  But they’re in jail.”

    “I know, I know,” Yongguk said, frustrated, running a hand through his hair.  “It just makes sense that it would be them doing all of this.  The grenade – just like the ones Taeil used in the park.  Zico was always a hothead, always hated me.  And Himchan shot Kyung.”  Yongguk sighed.  “They aren’t really a forgiving type.”

    “But they’re in jail,” Jongup whispered.

    “I know,” Yongguk replied, shaking his head.  The elevator door opened and they stepped out onto the third floor.  “Molla.  It just seems like it would be them doing this.”

    They silently walked down the hall looking for Himchan’s room.  They were worried about Himchan, but they were also happy to be finally joining Himchan and Zelo.

    “316B, this is the room,” Yongguk said, reading the plate next to the door frame.  He sighed and went to enter the room.  The door was already open.

    “Himchannie-hyung?” Jongup called out when he and Yongguk walked into the hospital room, but instead of Himchan in a hospital bed, they saw three other people.

    “You just missed him,” Zico responded with a wicked grin on his face.

    Jongup gasped and took a step back.  Yongguk slightly stepped in front of Jongup, but as slight as the movement was, it did not go unnoticed by the Red Tigers.

    Zico laughed.  “Don’t tell me, Bang, that you’re trying to protect this one now,” Zico said, snorting.  “Not too long ago, you were going to watch as I killed him.”

    Jongup tensed up at the memory.

    “Where is Himchan?” Yongguk asked demandingly.

    Zico pulled out a gun, and Kyung and Taeil did so as well, although reluctantly.  “I’d like to know the same thing,” Zico replied.  “But since the two of you are here…”

    Zico was just beginning to point his gun at Yongguk and Jongup when Yongguk pushed Jongup and said, “Run!”  They ran out of the hospital room and headed back towards the elevator, but they didn’t have time to wait for it to reach the floor that they were on because Zico and the others were right behind them.

    “We’ll split up,” Yongguk said as they ran around a corner.

    Jongup nearly tripped over his own feet.  “What?!  Wae?” he asked.

    “I’m sure Zico wants me more than you right now,” Yongguk reasoned.  “So I’ll lead him away from you while you get out of here.”

    “But…” Jongup never got to say what he wanted to say.  They came to a fork in the hall, where Yongguk told Jongup to turn in one direction while he planned on going in the other direction.  They had split up.

    “Dammit!” Zico cursed as he halted at end of the hallway.  He had wanted to kill both Yongguk and Jongup, but now he had a choice to make.

    “They’re getting away,” Taeil mumbled.

    “Alright, you two go right, I’ll go left,” Zico told Kyung and Taeil, who both looked at Zico a bit surprised.  “And don’t go soft on him.  You’re not friends.”  Then Zico took off down the hall, seeing his target head towards the stairwell.

    Kyung and Taeil watched Zico run off before they too ran down the hall in the opposite direction in pursuit of their target.

    Yongguk ducked into a room, hoping that Zico didn’t see him go in and would run past, but Yongguk’s eyes widened when the doorknob began to turn.  He looked around for anything that he could use as a weapon when the door opened and in stepped two people.

    Yongguk shook his head.  “No, no, you two were supposed to go after Jongup,” Yongguk said, looking at Kyung and Taeil.  “Zico was supposed to come after me!”

    Kyung shrugged.  “It seems he wanted to kill Jongup more than he wanted to kill you,” he responded.

    “I can’t let that happen,” Yongguk said going to walk past Kyung and Taeil, but they pushed him back.  “What are you doing?!  I thought we were cool.”

    “Zico wants you dead,” Taeil said, yawning and looking bored.

    Yongguk just looked at both Kyung and Taeil amazed.  “Well then why didn’t he come after me instead?!”  Kyung and Taeil just looked at Yongguk like it was obvious.  Yongguk shook his head and sighed.  “I thought that we could have been friends, but you’re going to kill me just because Zico is an irrational ?”

    Kyung sighed and stepped back.  He turned to Taeil and said, “He’s right.  I mean, I love Zico, I do, but I can’t do this.”

    “You think that I want to do this?” Taeil asked, never taking his eyes off of Yongguk.  “I know just how crazy Zico is too.  If we don’t do this, he’ll take it as a betrayal, and we’ll never hear the end of it – that is if he doesn’t decide to kill us too.”

    “He’d never kill me,” Kyung said smugly.

    Taeil rolled his eyes and finally looked at Kyung.  “But it’s okay if he kills me?”

    “Aw, no way would I let Zico hurt the baby,” Kyung said, cooing and reaching to pinch Taeil’s cheeks, but the older slapped his hands away.

    “Yongguk, go,” Taeil mumbled, “I’m about to shoot Kyung in the face, and I don’t need there to be any witnesses.”

    Yongguk just stared at Taeil surprised before Kyung winked at him and Taeil looked at him tiredly.  He nodded at them before rushing out of the room and going to find Jongup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Under Construction~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Jongup was on the second floor.  He had planned on going all the way down to the first floor and escaping the hospital altogether, but not too long after he entered the stairwell, he heard someone enter as well.  They were running down the steps behind him, and he panicked and went through the second floor door.  It was a huge mistake.  It was dark on the second floor as if it wasn’t being used.

    After the momentary pause from surprise at the sudden darkness when he entered the second floor, Jongup took off running again, but he slowed down quite a bit, afraid he might trip on something or run into a wall.  It was that dark.  He couldn’t hear his pursuer running behind him anymore anyway.

    Jongup had been afraid of the dark as a child, but he had gotten over that fear.  Now, it was like that fear was resurfacing.  He had at least one, maybe two – hell, could be all three – Red Tigers chasing him to kill him, and on the dark hospital floor, all he could think about were those horrible movies he and Zelo had watched unbeknownst to Yongguk and Himchan.  He and Zelo had been so scared that night that they slept in the same bed.

    Jongup shook his head and tried to rid his thoughts of creepy ghosts, demons, zombies, and psychotic killers that never seemed to die.

    He heard something bang behind him, and his heart started pounding like crazy.  He slowly turned around and searched for what could have made the noise as if he could see in the darkness.

    “It’s kind of creepy on this floor, isn’t it?”

    Jongup’s eyes widened.  He knew that voice.  It was Zico.  Zico was supposed to go after Yongguk.  Jongup turned around and started to run again, at full speed.  He was tired of running into Zico.  Every time he did, they fought, and every time he always almost ended up being killed.  He didn’t want this time to be the time that he didn’t make it out alive.

    “You can’t see me, can you?  But I can see you~” Zico said creepily.

    Jongup tightly shut his eyes – not that it mattered since it was so dark – and tried to drown out Zico’s words.  When he opened his eyes he saw a red light bulb on the wall.  He gasped and came to a halt under the light, just stunned to see the first bit of light on the dark floor.

    Jongup went to run again when he saw the silhouette of a person not too far from him.  Jongup nearly cried out before he took off running in the opposite direction.  He heard Zico’s creepy laughing.

    “You’re not scared, are you?” Zico asked in a voice laced with aegyo.  That was creepy enough, but then Zico said in a deep, dark voice, “You should be.”

    Jongup kept running, but then his foot hit something, and he fell.  His torso hit the tiled floor hard, and he slid a bit.  He knew he needed to quickly get back up, but he was in a bit of pain.  His legs ached from all of the running.  His ribs felt like they’d been hit by a truck, and his elbow was pretty banged up from that fall.  He groaned as he slowly stood up, and then his scalp was burning as someone pulled his hair, yanking his head back.

    “I got you,” Zico whispered into Jongup’s ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Darkness~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Yongguk stepped out of the stairwell, onto the second floor.  He looked around in surprise at how dark it was.  He looked left and then right, but he couldn’t see anything.  It was too dark.  He noticed the few dots of green or orange light, coming from computers, but they didn’t give off enough light for one to navigate themselves with down the corridors.

    Yongguk figured that Jongup and Zico wouldn’t be on this floor.  It was just too dark.  He turned around to leave and go down to the first floor.  He opened the door when he heard someone cry out.  He quickly turned back around, recognizing the voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Slow Motion~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Jongup cried out as Zico jerked him around by his hair.  The older had them enter a hospital room with a large window that allowed a bit of light into the room, even though it was nighttime.

    Jongup was still whimpering a bit from the pain in his head, and Zico didn’t like that at all.

    “Shut up!” Zico shouted as he shoved Jongup.

    Jongup hit a hospital bed, but at the force that Zico shoved him, he flipped over the bed and landed painfully on the floor.  Jongup sighed and blinked away his disorientation.  His joints were complaining, but he actually found the coolness of the floor comforting.

    Zico jerked Jongup up off of the floor by the shirt and threw the younger up against the wall.  “What?!  Not going to fight this time?” Zico asked, pinning Jongup to the wall with his forearm pressing up against Jongup’s windpipe.  Jongup was pulling at Zico’s arm, struggling to breathe, but Zico released his hold all on his own.

    Jongup coughed and tried to steady his breathing.

    “I don’t have anything left to say to you,” Zico said, almost sounding tired.  “I’m just going to kill you now.”

    Jongup heard the slide of a blade being unsheathed before he saw the glisten of the metal from the little light making its way through the window.  It was a big dagger.

    Zico grabbed Jongup by the arm, tightly, most likely to keep Jongup from running.  Jongup closed his eyes when he saw the dagger coming for him.

    “No!”

    Jongup opened his eyes when he heard the familiar deep voice.  It was like everything happened in slow motion.  Jongup saw how Yongguk charged at Zico.  Jongup saw Zico pause his movement to stab him and instead turned to point his dagger at Yongguk.  Jongup felt Zico’s hand rip from his arm when Yongguk collided with Zico.  He saw how Yongguk’s momentum forced Zico back.  He also noticed how the tip of Zico’s dagger started to dig into Yongguk’s side.  Jongup saw as Yongguk kept pushing Zico away from him even when they were dangerously close to the window.  And Jongup watched, horrified, as the window shattered at the force of Zico’s back hitting it, and the two went right through the showering glass of the window as they fell from Jongup’s sight.

    Jongup gasped and he yelled, “Yongguk-hyung!”  He ran to the window to peer out down towards the ground.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  I reused that image, because I thought that it would go well with the creepiness I was trying to go for in this chapter.

Anyway, in the next chapter, you will find out what happened with Yongguk and Zico.  And where is Himchan and Zelo?  You'll find out about that as well.  :)  So, did you like this chapter?  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!