WAR I

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot
They were in a black van, checking over their equipment- lightweight bullet-proof vests, guns, ammunition clips, and any specialty weapons.  They were riding in silence, heading to a place that was decided on last minute.  No one knew where they were going.  The leaders chose the place and decided to keep it a secret.  So Zico was driving the van, telling no one where they were headed.
 
Zelo was shaking in his seat.  He was nervous.  He hoped that no one he knew got hurt, that included Himchan and Jongup.  Daehyun, who was sitting next to Zelo, grabbed the maknae’s hand, comfortingly.  They had both decided that they’d do their best to protect both Himchan and Jongup, no matter how Yongguk felt about the situation.
 
Taeil was obviously excited about what was about to happen.  He couldn’t stop smiling.  Both Daehyun and Zelo thought that he looked like a psycho.  They missed the days when he looked more like a small child wrapped in his favorite blanket.  Kyung was nervous and obviously so, but the others couldn’t see him too well from his position in the passenger seat next to Zico.
 
Yongguk was the one that Daehyun and Zelo kept eyeing.  He hadn’t told them how he’d react if he came across Himchan or Jongup on the battlefield, but they were hoping that he’d come to his senses and realize that he couldn’t kill them.  He was looking very emotionless, to Daehyun’s displeasure.
 
Daehyun sighed.  It was going to be hard trying to keep Himchan and Jongup alive while trying to stay alive himself.  He looked over at Zelo.  At least he wouldn’t be alone in his secret mission.  He just had to make sure to get back to Youngjae safely.
 
“Listen,” Zico said, getting everyone’s attention.  “When we leave, I want every last one of you back in this van.  This isn’t a hearse.  We won’t be taking any dead bodies back with us.  So if you want to ride back with me, because I will definitely be driving back home, then I suggest you stay alive.”
 
Taeil just snorted while Kyung tried to chastise Zico for his speech.
 
“If I die, you better take my body back and give me a proper burial,” Kyung said snippily.
 
“Tch!  You won’t die,” Zico replied as he slowed the van down.
 
It felt like it was taking hours for them to get wherever they were supposed to be going, which was irritating Daehyun, but now that they were slowing down, his heart was pounding out of his chest.  Zelo was no better off next to him.
 
“The park?!” Kyung questioned, surprised.  Taeil, Yongguk, Daehyun, and Zelo all looked forward to peer out of the front windshield since all the side and even rear windows were painted over black.
 
“What the hell?  Are we seriously going to do this in the park?” Taeil asked.
 
“Yep,” Zico replied.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Black Dragons~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Which one of you idiots chose this place?” B-Bomb asked Jaehyo after getting out of his car.  Jaehyo drove one car with Himchan, P.O, and Jongup in it, and B-Bomb drove another car with U-Kwon, following behind Jaehyo.
 
Jaehyo just looked appalled.  “What’s wrong with the park?”
 
“Kids play here,” U-Kwon mumbled.
 
“But not now,” Jaehyo argued.  “There won’t be anyone here at the park at this time of night.
 
B-Bomb sighed and said, “Whatever.  Look, let’s just do this alright.”
 
Jaehyo nodded.  “Okay, so the Red Tigers should be at the Northwest side of the park.  We’re at the Southeast.”
 
“Time to split up?” P.O asked, checking his guns one last time.
 
“Time to split up,” Jaehyo concurred.  “Just head on in to the park, kill whomever you come across.”
 
“Well not just anyone,” U-Kwon disagreed.  “Make sure they’re a Red Tiger first, or working with the Red Tigers.”
 
Jaehyo rolled his eyes.  “There aren’t any kids in the park right now!”
 
“Come on,” B-Bomb said, pulling on U-Kwon, who was mumbling about the possibility of a kid running away from home and to the park.  They started heading further south before entering the park.
 
“Be safe,” Jaehyo whispered before looking at Himchan.  He sighed and asked, “Okay, you ready?”
 
“Uh… ne,” Himchan replied.
 
“Kaja,” Jaehyo said as he began heading a bit further East.
 
Himchan quickly hugged Jongup.  “I love you, Jonguppie.  You’re the best little brother I ever had.”
 
Jongup smiled.  “At least you don’t think of me as a son anymore.  That was weird.”
 
Himchan chuckled.  “Yeah,” he agreed before looking at P.O and sternly saying, “You better protect him.”
 
“I will,” P.O said, dead serious.
 
Himchan smiled and hugged Jongup again before he ran to catch up with Jaehyo.
 
“We can just enter right here,” P.O suggested.
 
“Araso,” Jongup mumbled.
 
“Hey, don’t worry,” P.O said, grabbing Jongup’s arms.  “I swear.  I will protect you.”
 
Jongup smiled and looked up at P.O.  “And I’ll protect you.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Red Tigers~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“This just feels so wrong, doing this in the park,” Taeil mumbled.  The others sans Zico had to agree with him.  “I’m not going to be able to look at playground equipment the same way ever again.”
 
“Like you ever go to a playground,” Zico responded.  “Just be glad we didn’t decide to do this at an aquarium.”  Taeil just glared at Zico in response.
 
“Why are we fighting at a park?” Zelo quietly asked.  He completely understood what Taeil was saying.  He often went to the park to skateboard.  After everything goes down, he doesn’t know if he’d be able to skate in a park again.
 
“This park specifically is extremely large, so we can properly split up and not be right on top of each other.  Plus, there are a lot of trees to provide cover, which is why I chose this side of the park for us – more trees – so we should have a small advantage.”
 
Taeil smiled approvingly before smirking at Zico and saying, “I didn’t realize that you needed to have an advantage to win.”
 
Zico growled at Taeil.  The two were ready to fight.  It was obvious in how they were starting to snip at each other.  Without saying anything, Taeil headed further West, disappearing into some trees.
 
“You two can enter here,” Zico said to Daehyun and Zelo before he started to go North, Kyung following behind.
 
“Be careful,” Yongguk said, speaking for the first time that night.  “Don’t lose each other, and if it gets to be too much, run.  You’re more important than any stupid feud.”  Yongguk then went after Zico and Kyung, leaving a confused Daehyun and Zelo behind.
 
“About damn time,” Zico said as soon as Yongguk caught up to him and Kyung.  “Look, you two can go North a bit more and enter up there.  I have a feeling that I should enter right here.”
 
Yongguk nodded, and Kyung flung himself at Zico.
 
“You better not go crazy in there and take on more than you can handle,” Kyung whispered into the younger’s ear.
 
“Please, I can handle anything,” Zico replied smartly.
 
“I’m serious!”  Kyung pushed Zico back roughly.  “Nothing better happen to you.  I love you.”
 
Zico pulled Kyung back into a hug.  He looked over Kyung’s shoulder and glared at Yongguk.  “Nothing better happen to you either… and, nado.  Nado saranghae, Kyungie.”
 
“When you say it all seriously like that, it makes me think that something bad is going to happen,” Kyung said, stepping back and wiping at his tearful eyes.
 
“Nothing bad will happen.  I promise you,” Zico said, kissing Kyung on the forehead.  “Now go before I get impatient and decide to kill Bang here.”
 
Yongguk snorted before he continued walking North.  Kyung glanced back at Zico and mouthed “Saranghaeyo,” before he quickly went with Yongguk.
 
“Okay,” Zico said with a sigh, “let the games begin.”  He smirked and entered the forested area of the park.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DaeLo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was silent as they walked between the trees.  Zelo thought it was odd how the part of the park they were in was more like a forest.  Trees were too close to each other for someone to properly run around.  The ground was mostly dirt and fallen leaves.  It was uneven, and plenty of tree roots arched out of the ground, making it hard for Daehyun and Zelo to walk without tripping.
 
Zelo wanted to ask Daehyun about Yongguk, but he was so nervous, he couldn’t bring himself to say a word.  A part of him that was thinking about fighting the Black Dragons thought that he’d draw attention to them if he started talking.  Another part of him that was fixated on their surroundings was afraid that something would pop out of the forest-like part of the park if he spoke.
 
There was a crack in the distance, like someone stepping on a fallen tree branch. Zelo instinctively grabbed on to Daehyun’s arm.  The trees were freaking Zelo out.  It was dark too.  It was late into the night, moving towards early morning, and the moon, which was almost full, gave off plenty of light, but because of all the trees the light was blocked, and Daehyun and Zelo were in pitch blackness.  Zelo was scared.
 
“Hey, everything is going to be alright,” Daehyun said, pointing his gun in the direction where they heard the noise come from.  “Araso?  It was probably just an animal.”
 
Zelo’s eyes got bigger.  “What kind of animal?” he asked, nervously.
 
“Molla,” Daehyun mumbled before laughing.  “Don’t tell me that we’re heading into a gang war and you’re scared of some animal coming out and eating you.”
 
“Hyung,” Zelo whined, “this park is creepy.  It’s like we’re in the forest.”
 
“This is a bit strange to have such a wooded area in the park,” Daehyun mumbled.
 
“It’s like the Forbidden Forest from Harry Potter,” Zelo said.
 
Daehyun rolled his eyes.  He’d chastise Zelo for being childish at an inopportune time, but he figured that the maknae needed to calm his nerves however he could.  “Come on, young wizard,” Daehyun said as they continued trekking through the trees.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~JongPyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
P.O cursed as he tripped over yet another tree root sticking out of the ground.  He might have been a strong fighter, but stealth didn’t seem to be in his forte.
 
“Gwenchanha?” Jongup asked for what seemed like the tenth time.
 
“I’m fine,” P.O grumbled.  “I’ll be even better as soon as we get out of these damn woods.”
 
“I didn’t know that parks had woods,” Jongup said, “or at least, not the parks in the city.”  Jongup appeared to not be bothered at what was about to happen.  In truth, he had been trying to convince himself that they were just doing a training exercise, and everyone would be fine at the end of it.  “I think it’s kind of cool that there are so many trees here.”
 
“It would be even cooler if the trees would stop tripping me,” P.O mumbled sarcastically.
 
Jongup stopped walking to bend down towards the trunk of a rather large tree.  He patted the tree and asked, “Can you please stop tripping my friend here?  He doesn’t think it’s too fun.”  He then straightened up and smiled at P.O.
 
P.O didn’t know whether to laugh or to question Jongup’s sanity.  He just stood there, mouth hanging open, surprised at Jongup’s talking to the tree.  P.O shook his head and smirked at the younger before saying, “Come on, let’s go, and be on the look out.”
 
Jongup saluted and followed P.O.  He was looking around aimlessly and smiling, but on the inside he didn’t feel like smiling.  He was trying to optimistic, and he actually kind of enjoyed walking around with P.O, but he just had a bad feeling.  Not really paying attention, he walked right into P.O, who had stopped.
 
“Look, I think that’s a clearing,” P.O said, ignoring how Jongup just walked into him.  He smiled and then began walking faster, mumbling, “Finally I can get away from these damn trees.”
 
They walked past tree after tree… after tree.  The moonlight was visible to them, and it was getting brighter.  They made it.  Finally!  They passed the last line of trees and made it to a clearing.
 
“Thank God!” P.O said, happy to be away from the trees and the arching roots.
 
Right in front of them was a lake, and on the other side they could see a winding path made of paved cement, as well as a few scattered trees – though nothing like the dense brush that they just left – and some benches here and there.  They finally made it to the main part of the park.
 
“How are we going to get across?” Jongup asked, searching the edge of the lake for a boat.
 
P.O also looked for a way across the lake, but did not see one.  He sighed.  “I guess we’ll just have to go around.”  P.O didn’t want to because that meant that they were going to have to go through a much wooded area again.
 
“We can just walk along the edge of the lake until we have to go through the trees,” Jongup said, understanding that P.O wanted to stay away from the trees completely.
 
“Ne, let’s go,” P.O said, leading the way.  “Keep your eyes open.  If you see something moving, shoot it.”
 
Jongup nodded, even though P.O couldn’t see his movement since the older was walking in front of him, pointing his large semi-automatic wherever he looked.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Zico~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Zico was mad.  He was pissed off.  He chose that park because he knew how big it was.  He didn’t want to be fighting Jaehyo with the others fighting right next to him.  That could cause for him to get distracted, worrying over Kyung, or for him to be ganged up on if the Black Dragons decided to help Jaehyo when they were fighting; so of course Zico wanted a large area to hold their little war, but Zico was beginning to regret the decision.
 
“Damn ing park!  Why is it so freaking big?!” He growled out.  He was hoping to have come across someone by now, but no.  He hadn’t seen the first person.  “Tch!  I could have killed Jaehyo already and been on my way back home if we just went to the docks like I first planned.  Damn princess getting me to doubt my first choice.”
 
Zico’s foot fell into a hole, and he silently cursed.  He slowly pulled his foot out of the hole and checked it to make sure that there wasn’t any damage.  He was fine, though, just still pissed off.
 
He had actually already left the first section of trees that he first entered and made it to a clearing, but because he preferred the cover that the trees provided, he eagerly walked into another section of trees that he spotted ahead of him.  Now Zico just felt like hollering.  It was like they were playing a never ending game of hide-and-go-seek, and Zico was ready to yell out, “Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!”
 
“Taeil better not have killed anyone yet,” he mumbled before he heard something.  He instantly froze and listened.
 
It was a voice.  He heard a voice.  Someone was talking, and it didn’t sound like one of s.
 
Zico walked closer to the edge of the treeline that he was staying close to and smirked when he saw two people headed his way, walking along the lake.
 
“Looks like I get to pay you back for that rib you broke,” Zico whispered.
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  The main image is someone else's creation, dealing with Block B, B.A.P, and zombies, so just ignore the zombie part for this fic, yeah? :)
Anyway, the gang war has officially begun, and it's happening in a park!  So far, many are nervous, some - Zelo and P.O - are creeped out or pissed off because of the trees.
 
Remember, the pairings (not romantic pairings) are:
The Black Dragons
Jaehyo - Himchan     P.O - Jongup     B-Bomb - U-Kwon
 
The Red Tigers
Zico     Kyung - Yongguk     Daehyun - Zelo     Taeil
 
War part 2 will be coming up.  :)
 
So tell me what you thought of this, please.  If you loved it, let me know.  If you hated it, let me know, If you were like, "Eh, it was whatever," let me know.  Just drop off a comment :)