How Could You?

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot

    Zico cursed loudly, punching the wall.

    “Hey, calm down, Zi,” Kyung said, pulling Zico away from the wall.  “At least we’re together.”

    Zico just growled.  He was pissed off.  They were stuck in jail, just waiting to be shipped to a maximum security prison, where he and Kyung will be placed in their own single cells, spending the rest of their lives away from each other.  Zico cursed again.  He shouldn’t have put his gun down.  He should have fought back.

 

    Zico was holding on tight to his gun.  His knuckles were turning white from how hard he was gripping the weapon.

    “Come on, Zico,” Kyung whispered, pulling on Zico’s sleeve, “drop your weapon before they shoot you.”

    “He’s still alive,” Zico whispered back harshly.  Kyung looked over to see that Jaehyo was gasping for air, on the brink of death, but still alive.

    “Put your weapons down now!” a policeman shouted, sounding like he was getting impatient.

    Zico wanted to shoot them all.  He could probably make it out with only a few minor wounds, but he eyed Kyung out of the corner of his eyes.  He didn’t know if Kyung would end up getting hurt in the crossfire, and Zico didn’t want to risk it.  Zico sighed loudly and glared at the policemen, but he did as told and placed his gun on the ground.

    “All of your weapons!” another policeman shouted.

    “Dammit!” Zico grumbled before he began to discard all of his weapons.

    “Slowly!” they yelled.  Zico just rolled his eyes and begrudgingly complied.

 

    “I should have shot down those ing cops!” Zico shouted, startling the third member in their cell.

    “You wouldn’t have made it out alive,” Himchan responded, solemnly.

    Zico just glared at Himchan.  “I blame you and Bang Yongguk with your stupid !  Shouldn’t have even used you stupid B.A.P s in the first place!”

    Himchan just rolled his eyes, but otherwise went back to being quiet and ignoring the other two in the cell with him, especially Kyung.

    Kyung had been sending cold and dark looks towards Himchan, remembering how the older had shot at him, but Kyung didn’t tell Zico anything about it.  Zico was already pissed at being arrested.  Kyung didn’t want Zico to get in anymore trouble by having his lover kill Himchan, because that’s exactly what Zico would do if he found out that Himchan shot Kyung.  He’d kill the ex-B.A.P member with his bare hands.  No, Kyung would just continue to inconspicuously glare at Himchan instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~What is going on?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The atmosphere was tense in B-Bomb’s and Daehyun’s cell and not because the two had been fighting on opposite sides of a gang war.  B-Bomb was pacing the length of the cell, wringing his hands while Daehyun sat on one of the lower bunks, staring at nothing with wide, tearful eyes.

    “Dammit,” B-Bomb cursed before he ran up to the cell bars.  “ing tell me something already!  What’s going on with U-Kwon!  Answer me!”

    “Hey!  Quiet down in there,” a cop said in a deep voice.  It was surprising to see a policeman with cotton candy blue colored hair.  His name was Choi Seunghyun, T.O.P.

    “How is he?!” B-Bomb asked frantically.  “How’s U-Kwon?!”

    “Four of your gang members- I’m not sure who was with which gang- needed to be hospitalized before being moved here.  Two are stable; two are in critical condition,” T.O.P answered monotonously, shrugging.

    “What about U-Kwon?” B-Bomb continued to ask.

    T.O.P sighed.  “I don’t know which one that is,” he replied, exasperated.

    “His name is Kim Yukwon!  He was the one found with me!  He was caught in an explosion!” B-Bomb shouted.

    “There were two found with you, if I’m not mistaken,” T.O.P said slowly, scratching his chin.  “Both were suffering from injuries caused by an explosion.”  B-Bomb growled and felt like cursing the blue-haired cop.

    “He’s still unconscious,” someone else said.

    Daehyun’s eyes widened when he heard the voice.  He slowly looked up to meet familiar brown eyes.

 

    They were all placed in hand-cuffs, except for P.O who was placed on a gurney and loaded up into an ambulance.  Daehyun could tell that the Black Dragon was trying to act strong, but as soon as the paramedics arrived, a look of relief flashed across P.O’s quite pale face.

    Daehyun, Jongup, and Zelo were led to some police vehicles, where they noticed Yongguk and Himchan already detained, about to be placed in a police car.  At first, Daehyun was just glad that both Yongguk and Himchan were still alive, and that neither seemed to be injured, but as they got closer to the police cars, and therefore closer to Yongguk and Himchan, they could hear their used-to-be leader yelling and cursing.

    Jongup and Zelo were quickly ushered into the back of one of the police vehicles, but Daehyun was being led to another car, so he managed to hear some of the things that Yongguk was shouting.

    “You bastard!” Yongguk shouted as a couple policemen tried to hold him back.  “I knew it!  I ing knew it!  Just wait until I get my hands on you, you goddamn liar!”

    Daehyun craned his neck, trying to see who Yongguk was talking about, but the policeman started to push him into the back of a car.  Right before the door was closed he heard it.

    “This whole time you were a ing cop!” Yongguk continued to yell.  “I swear!  I’ll kill you, Yoo Youngjae!”

    Daehyun’s eyes widened, and the door closed.  It couldn’t be.  He swiveled and tried to look out of the back window, but it was hard to turn around while his hands were still handcuffed behind his back.  Every time Daehyun could almost see who Yongguk was yelling at, the pain from the handcuffs digging into his wrist got too unbearable.

    Daehyun sighed and gave up trying to see.  It couldn’t really be Youngjae.  Yongguk must have been mistaken or confusedly shouted out the wrong name in a heated moment.

    A police officer got into the driver’s seat and started up the car.  Daehyun sighed again.  It just hit him that he had been arrested and was going to jail.  At first, when the police arrived, he was relieved because that meant that the cops could stop the others from killing one of his friends, but the true realization had caught up to him.

    The car turned around, about to exit the parking lot of the park, and that’s when Daehyun saw it.  Yongguk was just then being put into the back of a police car like he, Jongup, and Zelo had been, but what caught Daehyun’s attention was the cop that was standing there watching as Yongguk was roughly placed into the car, the cop that received a sympathetic pat on the back and a shoulder grab from a blue-haired cop, the cop that Daehyun had been in love with almost ever since he brought Daehyun to B.A.P.

    That cop was none other than Yoo Youngjae, Daehyun’s boyfriend.

 

    “Jae,” Daehyun whispered, but Youngjae didn’t look his way.

    “The doctors think that he could have suffered from brain damage,” Youngjae told B-Bomb, “but they can’t be sure until he wakes up.  Right now… it looks like he may be in a coma.  All they can do is wait for him to wake up.”

    B-Bomb collapsed.  He sat on the floor, looking down at his hands.  All the times that he and U-Kwon shared together started to run through his mind.  He didn’t know what he’d do if U-Kwon never woke up.

    “Jae,” Daehyun called again, sounding desperate.

    Youngjae cleared his throat and side glanced T.O.P.  “Can you give me a minute?” he asked his partner.

    T.O.P looked over at Daehyun and sighed before turning towards Youngjae and nodding.  “Ne,” he replied, “but don’t take too long.  It’ll only make it harder.”

    Youngjae barely nodded before T.O.P walked away.  Slowly, Youngjae turned back towards Daehyun, who came up to the bars.  B-Bomb had already at some point crawled over to one of the bunk beds and got into it.  Youngjae tried not to look Daehyun in the eye.  It was killing him to see all of the hurt and betrayal on the older’s face.

    “Jae,” Daehyun whispered again as if he couldn’t get the younger’s name out of his mouth.  “How could you do this?  W- Why?”

    Youngjae looked down sadly, sighing.  “It was my job.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Silent Animosity~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    It was quiet- too quiet for Zelo.  He looked back and forth between his two favorite hyungs waiting for one of them to say something… anything, because he didn’t know what to say.  He sighed and sat down on the bottom bunk.

    Each cell had two bunk beds against opposite walls.  Yongguk was lying on the bottom bunk across from where Zelo was sitting, and Jongup was sitting with his legs crossed Indian-style on the bunk above Zelo.  Neither Yongguk nor Jongup had acknowledged that the other was in the cell, but eventually Zelo figured that that might be for the best.

    “Ugh!  That damn rat!” Yongguk suddenly shouted, making Zelo jump and bump his head on the top bunk.  Yongguk got up and went over to the bars of the cell, glaring out into the hallway.

    Yon- Yongguk-hyung?” Zelo nervously called.  “What’s wrong?”

    Yongguk turned around, facing Zelo.  He was frowning so much that it frightened the maknae a bit.  “I knew we couldn’t trust him!  I knew it!  But damn Himchan…!”  Yongguk scowled and walked back over to his bunk, plopping down onto it.

    “Who are you talking about?” Zelo whispered, partly hoping that Yongguk wouldn’t have heard him because he thought that if the older didn’t talk about it then Yongguk would calm down, but Zelo still was curious.

    Yongguk looked up and caught Zelo’s eye.  The maknae gulped at the fierceness of Yongguk’s gaze.  He was tempted to look upwards, where he knew Jongup to be – because he thought that Yongguk might be talking about Jongup – but Zelo wouldn’t do anything to draw the leader’s attention to Jongup.

    “Yoo Youngjae,” Yongguk said firmly.  “He is the reason that all of us are in here.”

    “What are you talking about?” Jongup asked.  Zelo silently gasped when he heard his other hyung.  He was hoping that the two wouldn’t end up fighting, and if that meant ignoring each other, then Zelo was all for it.  “How…?  Why…?  Youngjae-hyung…  What are you talking about?” Jongup asked again after struggling.

    Zelo didn’t really think much about Youngjae.  Sure Zelo liked him, but Yongguk and Jongup had always been the two that he was closest with.  It was different with Jongup, though.  Jongup was the only other person who easily accepted and got closer to Daehyun when Youngjae brought the older to the group, so as a result, Youngjae and Jongup got closer as well.  Zelo actually wasn’t sure who Jongup’s favorite in the group was.  He thought that it would be him or Himchan, but Zelo just realized that Jongup was pretty close with Daehyun and Youngjae too.

    Yongguk sighed and eventually answered, “Youngjae is a cop.”

    “Mwo?!” Zelo asked.

    Yongguk ignored the way that Jongup was shaking his head as if refusing the idea and said, “He was undercover the whole time… from day one.  He didn’t stumble upon our group accidentally…”

    “He was sent to us,” Zelo whispered, finishing Yongguk’s sentence, “as an assignment.”  The oldest just nodded, closing his eyes as if trying to go to sleep.  “That’s why he never wanted to do any of the stuff we did.”

    Yongguk snorted.  “Always saying, ‘That’s illegal.  We’ll get into trouble.” Yongguk mimicked Youngjae’s voice rudely.

    “So, does that mean that the whole time, Youngjae-hyung was just lying to us?” Zelo asked.

    “Shut up!” Jongup shouted, startling Zelo.

    The maknae watched as Jongup jumped down to the floor from the top bunk.  He thought that Jongup was going to round on him for some reason.  He thought that he had irritated Jongup somehow, but instead Jongup walked over to where Yongguk was reclining.

    Yongguk opened his eyes when he heard Jongup’s exclamation.  He saw the younger walk over to him.  He saw the tears in the younger’s eyes.  He didn’t really know how he felt about that, whether he cared or not.

    “Why are you doing this?” Jongup asked.  “Why are you destroying everyone around you?!”  Jongup then turned his head to glance back at Zelo and said, “Yongguk is the liar, not Youngjae-hyung.”

    Yongguk snorted and sat up.  He didn’t miss how Jongup didn’t call him hyung.  Normally that wouldn’t bother him, but it pissed him off when the two hadn’t got along in quite a while and now that the younger was accusing him of lying and destroying everyone.

    “Youngjae-hyung wouldn’t do that to us… to Daehyunnie-hyung,” Jongup said, looking back at Yongguk.  “Youngjae-hyung is not like that…”

    It was obvious how that last part came out more as a question than a statement.  Yongguk stared into Jongup’s eyes.  He could see how broken the younger was.  Even though Jongup denied it, Yongguk could see that deep down the younger knew that what Yongguk had said was very plausible.  Yongguk didn’t say anything.  He lied back down, folding his arms underneath his head and closing his eyes.

    “Hyung,” Zelo whispered, “what if it’s true?”

    Jongup looked back at Zelo, thoughtfully before he sighed and climbed back onto the top bunk.

    Zelo looked over to Yongguk to see the oldest lying on the bottom bunk, eyes closed.  He looked upwards where he knew Jongup was.  Zelo pouted and just accepted that it was going to be another long period of silence again.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  Sorry it took me so long.  At first it was because of Christmas and New Years, but then afterwards I was having trouble with this chapter.  I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do, and then I wasn't feeling too motivated.  Anyway, I eventually got an idea as to what I wanted to happen, so there it is.  More to come in the next chapter.  I promise that I won't make you wait as long. :)

Oh btw, I'm using a different web browser and it automatically formats everything the way I originally typed it.  Hope it's not a big deal.