Memories (Yoo Youngjae)

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot

 

He left him.  Daehyun actually left him.  For days that was all that Youngjae could think about, how Daehyun had chosen to go with Yongguk to join the Red Tigers and leave Youngjae all by himself.  Youngjae could hardly eat.  He had mostly stayed in his bed, not to sleep, but simply because he just didn’t feel motivated to actually get up.  Youngjae didn’t stay depressed for long though.  He couldn’t.  He had plenty of time to think, and what finally motivated Youngjae to get up was the memory of how he ended up at B.A.P’s door in the first place.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
He was a prodigy.  He was still a student at the academy, but they needed someone his age, and he was the perfect person for the job.  Not everyone was happy about his professional assignment though, mostly because of his age and because he had no field experience, so Youngjae was all too eager to show them that he was more than capable of handling the case he was assigned.
 
“Did you hear me?” a deep voice asked from Youngjae’s side.
 
Youngjae looked over, bowed, and replied, “Oh, I’m sorry, Seunghyun-hyung.  I guess I zoned out for a minute there.”  Choi Seunghyun was Youngjae’s temporary partner while Youngjae worked with the Mighty Mouth Department of the Seoul Police Force.  Seunghyun, codename TOP, was about six years Youngjae’s senior, but TOP had a young disposition so he and Youngjae got along well.
 
“Don’t let Captain Sangchu see you spacing out,” TOP said.  “You know he’s already skeptical about having you join the department even if just as an intern.”  Youngjae was brought into the MMD to help with a case of a small gang of thieves, locally known as Best Absolute Perfect.  They were not as notorious or dangerous as other gangs, and because of their young ages, Youngjae was believed to be able to infiltrate their gang better than any of the older officers.
 
“The Captain isn’t around is he?” Youngjae asked, looking around nervously.  Captain Sangchu was the head of the MMD, and was a strict and serious person.  TOP had told Youngjae that Sangchu was normally a funny and cool person, but Youngjae had never seen that side of the captain, his partner maybe.
 
Captain Sangchu had a partner whenever he wasn’t doing official work with papers and politics.  Everyone had a partner in the MMD.  Captain Sangchu’s was So Junseob, codename “Shorry J.”  Everyone also had a codename, well everyone except Youngjae.
 
“No, the captain is away, dealing with politicians,” TOP said as he walked alongside of Youngjae.  “You know- his part of the job that makes him so cranky.”
 
“I thought I was what made him so cranky,” Youngjae mumbled.
 
TOP laughed before turning serious and saying, “U-Know and Doojoon are here though, so watch out for them.”
 
“U-Know” was the codename for MMD’s top agent, Jung Yunho.  He wasn’t practically eager to insult Youngjae like the captain did, but Yunho was such a professional person and was quick to criticize whenever someone acted unprofessionally or made a mistake.  Youngjae always got so nervous around Yunho that he always ended up doing something that the older didn’t approve of; and his partner Doojoon (whose codename is Doodoo, though no one calls him that unless in the field for obvious reasons) always laughed whenever Yunho scolded Youngjae, so the younger stayed away from Doojoon as well.  Even though it had never happened before, Youngjae could see Doojoon just trying to trip him up so that Yunho would harshly judge him.
 
Youngjae sighed.  “I have to do my physical today,” he mumbled out, complaining.  “So if the captain isn’t here, then Yunho-ssi will most likely be the one watching over me.”
 
“Don’t worry about it.  You always do well,” TOP told him in earnest.  “Just don’t let Yunho psych you out.  He’s just a regular agent like you and me.”
 
“But I’m not technically considered an agent yet,” Youngjae mumbled.
 
TOP smiled and laughed a little, trying to raise Youngjae’s spirits.  “You will be soon enough.”
 
Youngjae wasn’t so sure though.  The MMD were the elite of the Seoul Police Force.  Yunho and Doojoon were both skilled in martial arts.  Captain Sangchu, Shorry J, and even TOP were masters with a gun.  Captain Sangchu and TOP had the best targeting records.  TOP was a part of the military before joining the MMD, Captain Sangchu also had a military background as well as a boxing background, and Yunho and Doojoon were detectives with the Seoul Police Force before they were promoted to the MMD and became partners.  Youngjae had a lot to live up to.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Closer to the Present~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“I don’t know, hyung,” Youngjae said.  He was talking to TOP on his small burn phone.  He had been given the black burn phone for MMD purposes only and a yellow smart phone for personal reasons, although MMD knew that phone’s contact info too.  “How can I just walk right in and say, ‘Hey, I want to join the team’?”
 
TOP was laughing on the line, causing Youngjae to frown at his phone.  “Well you probably wouldn’t say it like that, but yeah, you’re basically going to have to just walk up to them and ask for help.”
 
“Help!?” Youngjae asked, preposterously.  “Why would I ask for help?”
 
“Apparently they’re a band of misfits, lost boys, little orphan Annies…”
 
“Okay, I don’t need all of the modern fiction references,” Youngjae said, cutting TOP off.
 
“I’m just saying that they’ve all had some kind of problem that they managed to escape from by joining the gang.  The common theme seems to be parental issues.”
 
Youngjae frowned at his phone again.  “And how do we know all of this again.”
 
“Never underestimate the detective power of U-Know and Doodoo.”
 
Youngjae rolled his eyes at Doojoon’s codename before he sighed and responded, “Right” while nodding his head.  “Well, I’m going in.”
 
“Hey,” TOP said quietly and seriously, instantly getting Youngjae’s full attention.  “Be careful.  They might be young, but they can still be dangerous, so stay safe.”  TOP’s voice then got cheerful once again when he said, “Good luck, Jae!”
 
Youngjae hung up and put his phone in his pocket.  He breathed deeply and mumbled to himself, “Okay, you can do this.”  Squaring his shoulders, he walked right up to the front door and knocked.
 
The door flew open and a tall guy with curly, reddish-pink hair was on the other side.  Youngjae was shocked.  Even though he was taller than Youngjae, he looked so young, too young to be in a gang.
 
“Oh, who are you?” the pink-haired guy asked.
 
“Zelo-ah, didn’t I say not to just answer the door without knowing who it is first,” said another guy as he joined Zelo at the door.  This new guy had straight blonde hair.
 
“I’m not a child, Himchannie-hyung,” Zelo whined.
 
“Yes you are,” Himchan argued, “and you’re the maknae too.”
 
Zelo just pouted before he walked away, stomping his feet.  Himchan then turned to Youngjae, cleared his throat, and said, “Mianhe.  What did you want?”
 
Youngjae thought that Himchan sounded a bit rude, but he ignored it and said, “I want to join your gang.”
 
“Mwo!?”  Himchan’s eyes got a bit bigger, and he looked behind him as if someone might have been there.  “What gang?”
 
“B.A.P,” Youngjae said, sighing.  “Please, I have nowhere else to go.  My parents are… they’re dead.”
 
Himchan looked pitifully at Youngjae for a second before he nodded his head and quietly said, “Come on inside.  We’ll need to talk to Yongguk.”
 
Youngjae went over the names of the gang members that they learned at the MMD base.  Yongguk was the leader, and Himchan, whom he was talking to, was the second in command.  They weren’t aware of the two younger member’s names, but Youngjae now knew that the youngest was Zelo, an odd name.  There was just one other member left.
 
“Wait right here while I go get Yongguk,” Himchan said, gesturing at a blue couch in the middle of the spacious room.  The outside of the place was definitely a warehouse, but Youngjae was surprised at how homey the inside was.
 
“I wouldn’t even think that this was a warehouse if all I saw was the inside,” he mumbled to himself, looking around the room before he quickly pulled out his black phone and sent a text to TOP, simply saying:
 
I’m in.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Present~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Youngjae snorted when he thought about how he managed to convince Yongguk to let him join their gang, but the oldest still did not trust him.  The trusting issue seemed to have let up around the time that Yongguk and Himchan were trying to fix things between themselves, but Youngjae could tell that Yongguk still didn’t fully trust him.  The leader was less vocal about it, but he still gave Youngjae these wary looks.
 
A smile came to Youngjae’s face when he thought about how Daehyun used to always stand up to Yongguk for him.  Then he frowned.
 
“Daehyun left me to join the Red Tigers,” Youngjae mumbled to himself.  “If I hadn’t have brought him here, he’d probably wouldn’t even be mixed up with gangs right now.  It’s all my fault.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~When they first met~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Youngjae was on his way back to the B.A.P base.  He was supposed to be out using his skills to get food and money to help everyone out, but because it was illegal what Yongguk and the others were doing, Youngjae had begun to get money from a special account at the MMD.  Captain Sangchu wasn’t happy about paying for a gang’s needs, but he knew that it was crucial that Youngjae came up with something, or they’d think that he wasn’t pulling his weight and would probably try to get rid of him.
 
Walking along the sidewalk, close to B.A.P’s base, Youngjae saw someone lying in the snow.  Panicking, Youngjae ran over to the person.  He tried to get the person to sit up, but Youngjae realized that the young man was unconscious.  He didn’t know what to do at first, but he realized that “home” was right around the corner, so he grabbed the guy by his arms and hoisted him up onto his shoulders and proceeded to bring the person out of the cold.
 
Yongguk wasn’t too happy when Youngjae brought a stranger into the house, but then again, Yongguk wasn’t too pleased with most of anything that Youngjae did.  Himchan eventually convinced Yongguk that they couldn’t throw an unconscious man out into the cold to die.  It was actually Himchan that convinced Yongguk to give Youngjae a chance.  Youngjae should be thankful that Himchan isn’t a suspicious and untrusting person as well.
 
They wrapped the person up in thick blankets and placed heating pads inside of the blankets, trying to warm up the unconscious young man in case he was suffering from hypothermia.
 
“We should call for an ambulance,” Youngjae said, pulling out his phone.
 
“Are you crazy?” Yongguk asked, slapping Youngjae’s hands, causing the younger to drop his phone.  “We can’t have anyone coming here.  We don’t need to bring any attention our way.”
 
“But we don’t even know what’s wrong with him!” Youngjae shouted, gesturing at the unconscious bundle in the middle of the room.
 
“And we don’t know him either!” Yongguk shouted.
 
Youngjae opened his mouth to yell back at Yongguk, when Jongup interrupted him.  “I think he’s waking up,” Jongup said, staring intently at the young man.
 
Everyone crowded around the bundled up man, waiting for him to open his eyes and say something. Well, the young man did open his eyes, but he didn’t say anything.  No matter how many questions were asked, no matter how annoyed Yongguk got, no matter how tense it got, the young man didn’t say anything.
 
They decided to at least let him stay with them for a while if he didn’t have anywhere else to go, not that he’d tell them, and Yongguk said that he should stay with Youngjae in his room.
 
“If he turns out to be a psychotic murderer, let him kill you first since you brought him in here,” Yongguk said to Youngjae.
 
“Bang Yongguk!” Himchan chastised, as he started to push Yongguk out of the room to go help the leader calm down.
 
“Hyung,” Zelo called out, looking worried, “you don’t really think he’s a murderer do you.”
 
“Of course not!” Himchan answered, scowling at Yongguk for scaring Zelo.
 
Yongguk looked apologetic and said, “No, I was just teasing Youngjae.”  Yongguk looked over his shoulder and glared at Youngjae as the younger began to help the young man to his room.
 
It honestly didn’t take long before the silent man started to talk to Youngjae.  It caught the younger by surprise when out of nowhere he heard, “Daehyun.”
 
“Mwo?” Youngjae asked, turning towards the other in his bedroom.  “Did you speak?”
 
The older looked down and mumbled, “My name is Daehyun.  Jung Daehyun.”
 
“Jung Daehyun,” Youngjae repeated, trying the name out.
 
Even though Daehyun had spoken to Youngjae, he still had not said anything to the others yet.  In a way, that made Youngjae feel special, like he had a secret, but the secret wasn’t kept for too long.  After all, Daehyun had to eventually talk to the others, and once he did, Yongguk started to become a bit more at ease around Daehyun.  Then there were talks of allowing Daehyun into their gang.
 
“Say no,” Youngjae said to Daehyun one night.  “Tell them no, and then leave.”
 
Daehyun looked at Youngjae confusedly.  “But I have nowhere else to go.”
 
Youngjae sighed.  He didn’t know where Daehyun could go, and he couldn’t just send Daehyun out onto the streets, but he didn’t want Daehyun to get caught up in what they were doing.
 
“What’s wrong with me staying?” Daehyun asked.  “You’re here.”  Youngjae shook his head in response.  “You saved my life,” Daehyun continued, “and you didn’t try to force me to speak like the others did.  You were kind to me, and patient.  I want to stay with you.”
 
Youngjae could feel his heart beating faster.  He didn’t know what to do.  He didn’t want Daehyun to live a life a crime.  He looked up, ready to ask Daehyun again to refuse to join B.A.P, when he saw that Daehyun’s face was right there, a few inches away from his.  He stared into Daehyun’s eyes, unsure of what was happening until he felt Daehyun’s lips on his.  It was a short kiss, but to Youngjae it felt like it lasted for hours.  He barely heard Daehyun whisper that he wanted to stay with him again.  He felt warm and realized that he just had his first kiss.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Present~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“I should have tried harder to get you to leave,” Youngjae mumbled as he touched his lips, his first kiss still fresh on his mind.  “If only you hadn’t distracted me.  If only you hadn’t gotten so close.”  He sighed before he pulled out his black phone.  It had been a while since he used the burn last.  He dialed a number and waited as it rang.
 
“Yoboseyo?” a voice said on the line.
 
“Hey, Seunghyun-hyung,” Youngjae said, trying not to let his voice crack or show that he had been an emotional wreck lately.
 
“Oh hey, Jae!  It’s been a while,” TOP said cheerfully in his deep voice.  “It wouldn’t kill you to call or text just to say ‘Hey,’ you know?”
 
“Hyung,” Youngjae said, trying to convey the seriousness of what he was about to say.  “We have a situation.”
 
“What kind of situation?” TOP asked, getting serious too.
 
“B.A.P is no more.”
 
“Mwo!?  What do you mean?”
 
“Bang Yongguk, Jung Daehyun, and Choi Junhong have joined the Red Tigers,” Youngjae said mechanically.  “Kim Himchan and Moon Jongup have joined the Black Dragons.”
 
“What the hell?  What happened?” TOP asked, worrying for his partner, but Youngjae didn’t answer right away, so he said, “Those are rival gangs.”
 
The question of why B.A.P had split up was apparent, but Youngjae ignored it, choosing instead to say, “There’s about to be a huge battle between the two gangs, so I figure that this would be the perfect opportunity to capture the Red Tigers, the Black Dragons… as well as B.A.P.”
 
“Are you sure?” TOP asked slowly.  “I know how you feel about Jung Daehyun.”
 
Youngjae had told TOP of his feelings for Daehyun.  It was actually about the last time that Youngjae had got in touch with TOP just for to talk, because the older was very adamant on reminding Youngjae that Daehyun was a criminal.  Youngjae felt like TOP didn’t approve and was beginning to look down on him, so Youngjae didn’t bother with talking to TOP any more than he had to.
 
“I’m sure,” Youngjae replied with no emotion in his voice.  All he could think about was how Daehyun walked out of the door.  ‘He left me,’ was like a mantra repeating itself in his head.  “This is what’s for the best.  We’ll be able to get all three gangs at once.  Tell the captain.”
 
It was silent on the line before Top finally mumbled, “Alright,” and hung up.
 
Youngjae placed his phone in his pocket and sat on the floor, staring into space.  “He left me,” he mumbled, “but I still have a job to do.”
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  So obviously the Youngjae betrayal from the One Shot MV is taking place here as well.  Is anyone surprised?  I left hints here and there, like how Youngjae would not want to do something because he said it was illegal.  Yeah, they are criminals, so they shouldn't exactly be worried about what's legal and what's not.  I guess that Yongguk had a reason to be suspicious.
 
There were some new characters added, though they aren't main characters.
 
There's Sangchu and Shorry J of Mighty Mouth, Yunho of TVXQ, Doojoon of BEAST, and T.O.P of Big Bang.
 
We are finally done with the memory verse of this fic, and now things are getting more serious... duh-duh-dummmm!!!
 
Even though he's not my B.A.P bias, I tink that Youngjae is about the best looking in the group, and there are so many great pictures and gifs of him that I didn't know which one to use.  Then I was thinking that I could just do a pic/gif spam at the end, but I thought that was unfair because I hadn't been doing that before.  So I just went with a One Shot MV pic.
 
Anyway, let me know what you think ;)  and have a nice weekend!