Lovers or Friends, Friends or Rivals

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot
A/N:  This is the second chapter that I uploaded to day, as an apology to you all.  If you have not read chapter 15 yet, or if you're just not sure, please go back to read it so as not to be confused.
 
 
 
 
 
“So…” Jaehyo said as he barged into Himchan’s room, “how’s everything going?”
 
Himchan just stared at Jaehyo and mumbled, “Thanks for knocking.”
 
“I’m just checking on my new favorite person,” Jaehyo said, shrugging.
 
“I’m only your ‘new favorite person’ because B-Bomb dumped you,” Himchan replied as he continued to fold his clothes and put them away.
 
Jaehyo pouted at Himchan’s comment and replied, “He didn’t dump me.  We were never going out.”
 
“Oh right, you were just bed buddies.”
 
“The point is,” Jaehyo said, raising his voice to hush Himchan up, “is that I didn’t mind when he wanted to stop because there is someone else in my life now.”
 
Himchan perked up at that reveal.  “Someone else!?  You’re dating someone now?  So let me get this straight.  B-Bomb is dating U-Kwon, but he was also sleeping with you, while you were also dating another person.  I thought it was a , but this is a four-way.  You guys are crazy.”
 
“No, no, no!  Ani!” Jaehyo shouted, stomping his foot dramatically, causing Himchan to laugh.  “There was no four-way, and there wasn’t any either, not technically.  I am not dating anyone right now, I just like someone.  I didn’t mind when B-Bomb wanted to end our little ‘thing’ because I realized that I liked someone else.”
 
“Who?” Himchan asked.
 
“Who what?”  Jaehyo started twiddling with his fingers, looking the other way.
 
Himchan rolled his eyes.  “Don’t play dumb.  Who do you like?”
 
Jaehyo sighed and responded, “It doesn’t matter.  He likes someone else anyway.”
 
“Well how do you know for sure unless you tell him,” Himchan said, having completely abandoned his unfolded clothes.
 
“Because he told me,” Jaehyo answered as he sat down on Himchan’s bed, pouting.
 
Himchan laughed and grabbed the younger by the shoulders, commenting, “You’re cute when you pout like that.”  Jaehyo looked up at Himchan with wide, surprised eyes, but Himchan continued, “So you confessed and he said that he likes someone else.”
 
“Ani,” mumbled Jaehyo.
 
“Then what happened?” Himchan asked, sighing.  “Stop making me assume everything.”
 
Jaehyo sighed buried his face in his hands before he mumbled, “Are you still in love with Yongguk.”
 
“Mwo?” Himchan asked, sitting back.  “What does that have to do with this?”
 
“I think that the one that I like is still in love with his ex.”
 
“Oh,” Himchan responded dryly.  He was beginning to wonder if Jaehyo could be talking about him, but a huge part of him didn’t believe that it could be so.
 
“You know, don’t you?” Jaehyo asked, looking deeply into Himchan’s eyes.
 
“Kn- know wh- wha- what?” Himchan stuttered.
 
Jaehyo smiled and looked back at his hands.  “It’s you, Himchan.  I like you.”
 
Himchan just looked at Jaehyo shocked, his eyes wide.  He opened his mouth to reply, but he honestly didn’t know what to say.  What was he supposed to say in a situation like that?
 
“Do you still love Yongguk?” Jaehyo asked again.
 
Himchan snapped out of his shock and looked back at Jaehyo.  “I… I don’t know exactly. I mean of course I love him, even though things are really hectic right now, but I don’t know… I don’t know if I’m still in love with him.”
 
Jaehyo grabbed a hold of Himchan’s hands and caressed them before asking, “Do you think that you could love me?”
 
“I… I… I,” Himchan couldn’t answer because he wasn’t sure.  He knew Jaehyo for a long time, and they shared some character traits and got along fine.  Himchan also knew that Jaehyo was very handsome, in fact they often argued over who looked better, but Himchan wasn’t sure because he was still trying to figure things out with Yongguk.
 
Jaehyo smiled sadly at Himchan.  “Can you promise me something?  Will you let me know if you ever do think that you could feel the same way about me too?”
 
Himchan searched Jaehyo’s face, just looking at Jaehyo, realizing that there are things that he didn’t know about the younger.  Himchan smiled and nodded.  “Ne, I promise.”
 
Jaehyo smiled warmly now and went to hug Himchan, just a friendly hug, but they were interrupted.
 
“Hyung,” P.O said, sticking his head in the room and making both Himchan and Jaehyo jump out of their skin, “will you tell me when Jongup gets back?”
 
“Mwo?  Where did Jongup go?” Himchan asked.
 
“You know… he went to do what you sent him a text about,” P.O replied.
 
“Text?” Himchan repeated questioningly.
 
“Ne!  Jongup was really secretive about it, but I guess I know why now,” P.O mumbled, looking down.
 
“What are you talking about, P.O?” Jaehyo asked.
 
“Huh?  Uh, ani, nothing!  It’s nothing.  Just tell me when he gets back, arasso?” P.O said before he quickly left the room.
 
“What was that about?” Jaehyo asked, turning to Himchan.  “Where did you send Jongup?”
 
Himchan shook his head, frowning.  “I didn’t.  I haven’t texted Jonguppie today.”
 
Jaehyo started frowning too.  “Then who sent him a text?”
 
Himchan sighed and scratched his head.  “Something’s not right.”
 
Jaehyo shrugged as he watched Himchan trying to figure things out.  “I think we can find out,” Jaehyo said.
 
Himchan looked at Jaehyo, confused.  “How?”
 
“Well… there’s no way B-Bomb, U-Kwon, and P.O would let me just sit on my while they go off doing all the work.”
 
Himchan arched an eyebrow as he looked at Jaehyo.  “I thought that was what you did.”
 
Jaehyo smirked.  “Not only do I provide the sufficient funds that we need…”
 
“Rich brat,” Himchan mumbled.
 
“…but I’ve gotten pretty good with a computer,” Jaehyo said as he pulled out his laptop and turned it on.
 
Himchan began to laugh hysterically.  “You have- got to be- kidding me!” he said in between laughs.  “I remember when you were tech-retarded.  I was the one who had to explain to you how a smartphone worked, and you couldn’t do anything with a computer, but turn it on, and you couldn’t even do that all the time.”
 
“It only happened once that I accidentally turned the computer off right after I turned it on, and that’s all in the past.  I’ve had classes since then,” Jaehyo explained, causing Himchan to burst out laughing again.  “I can use the police database to see all incoming and outgoing calls and messages for Jongup’s cell.”
 
Himchan stopped laughing and gawked at Jaehyo.  “You’re serious?”
 
“Of course, look!” Jaehyo said, turning his head to smile back at Himchan.  “It’s already done.”
 
“What!?”  Himchan went to look at the laptop screen, completely floored by the revelation that Jaehyo was not only tech-savvy, but was able to hack the police force’s database.  “What kind of classes did you take to be able to do this?”
 
Ignoring Himchan’s question, Jaehyo asked, “Do you recognize this number?”  He was pointing at the last phone number to have sent a text message to Jongup’s phone.
 
Himchan groaned.  “It’s Zelo’s.”
 
“B.A.P’s maknae?” Jaehyo asked.  “Who went with your ex to the Red Tigers?”
 
Himchan nodded his head sadly before sighing.  “Come on, we have to find Jonguppie.”
 
Jaehyo smiled and started typing on his laptop again.  “I’ve got that covered too, tracking his phone’s GPS signal now.”
 
“You know what a GPS is?” Himchan asked Jaehyo, still so surprised at Jaehyo’s abilities now.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~There was a bang~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The gun flew a few feet away, but as it hit the ground, it went off.  The loud bang sounding in the area drew Yongguk’s attention, he was trying so desperately to ignore the current situation, despite Zelo’s pulling and pleading.  Yongguk immediately looked to see if Zico had shot Jongup, but he was alarmed when Zelo let go of him and fell to the ground, screaming.
 
“Zelo, what’s wrong!?  Zelo!?” Yongguk shouted as he knelt next to Zelo.
 
Jongup turned around when he heard all of the shouting and saw a frantic Zelo lying on the ground and a panicking Yongguk next to him.
 
“My leg!  My leg!” Zelo screamed out as tears fell from his eyes and he tried to reach for his leg.  Yongguk then noticed the red blood staining Zelo’s pants around his thigh.
 
“!” Yongguk said as he tore at his own shirt to wrap around Zelo’s leg.
 
Jongup’s eyes widened when he realized that Zelo had been shot, and he went to approach the two on the ground, but was yanked back into a tight headlock.
 
“You little !  You’ll pay for that,” Zico said as he tightened his hold on Jongup, making it hard for the younger to breathe.
 
Jongup struggled in Zico’s grip.  He could already feel himself slipping into unconsciousness.  His face had turned bright red, and veins popped up on his head as Zico tightened his hold even more.  Jongup couldn’t pry Zico’s arms off of him, and he knew that he didn’t have long, so as a last resort, using all of his strength, Jongup elbowed Zico in the ribs.
 
“Dammit!” Zico yelled as he pushed the younger away from him and grabbed his side.
 
Jongup fell to the ground after Zico released him.  He still needed to catch his breath, but he had no time to sit there and recuperate.  He quickly got up from the ground and pulled out a knife from his back pocket, glad that P.O convinced him to always carry it with him.
 
When he saw the knife, Zico started to laugh.  “What are you going to do with that puny thing?  Clip your fingernails?”
 
Jongup just glared at Zico before rushing him.  Jongup had never killed anyone before, but he figured that if he did it quickly, it wouldn’t be so hard, and it helped that Zico was just about to kill him.
 
Jongup aimed for Zico’s heart, but Zico caught Jongup’s wrist and kept the younger from driving the knife into his chest.  They struggled for a bit.  Jongup was stronger than Zico, getting really close to stabbing Zico.   The tip of the blade poked at Zico’s chest, feeling like an irritating prick, but where Jongup was strong, Zico was experienced.  Zico managed to maneuver Jongup’s wrist, twisting it, causing Jongup’s grip on the knife to loosen.  It didn’t take long before Zico had control of the knife, twisting Jongup’s arm behind his back and bringing the blade up to Jongup’s throat.
 
Zico held Jongup in front of him, locked in place.  He laughed in the younger’s ear before whispering, “You might be strong, but you’re an idiot.  You don’t even know how to fight, and you’re definitely an idiot to try to fight me.”
 
After Yongguk had wrapped Zelo’s leg and got the younger to calm down, he helped Zelo stand up, allowing the maknae to lean on him for support.  They both looked over to see Zico had a knife to Jongup’s throat.  Zelo started to tear up again, panicking.
 
“What do you think?” Zico asked, addressing Zelo.  “He did just shoot you.”
 
Zelo’s eyes widened, he didn’t actually see what happened because he was too busy looking at Yongguk at the time.  “Wae?” Zelo asked.  “Why would hyung shoot me?”
 
“I didn’t,” Jongup said, but Zico jerked his arm up, causing Jongup to hiss and be quiet.
 
“He’s with the Black Dragons,” Zico said.  “Bang knew it.  Daehyun knew it.  He’s no longer your friend.  He’s your enemy.”
 
Zelo looked at Yongguk questioningly, but Yongguk avoided looking at Zelo’s tear-stained face.  Yongguk was instead staring at Jongup.
 
“Yongguk-hyung, please…” Jongup croaked out before Zico yanked his arm again.
 
Zico laughed.  “He’s pleading with you, like that’ll work.  You’re going to die now.”
 
Zelo looked back and forth between Yongguk and Jongup, not sure of what to do.
 
“Yonggukkie-hyung,” Jongup called out again, tears rolling down his face as Zico pushed the blade closer to Jongup’s skin, causing a thin line of blood to appear.  Just as Zico was about to cut Jongup’s throat, something hard hit the back of Zico’s head.  He heard a familiar click.
 
“Let him go or your brains will be all over the place,” Jaehyo said as he held a gun up to Zico’s head.
 
“Tch!  Is that you, princess?” Zico asked as he tightened his hold on Jongup.
 
“Let him go!” Himchan shouted from beside Jaehyo.
 
“Slowly,” Jaehyo added, pushing the gun harshly against Zico’s head.
 
Zico glared, but replied, “Fine!”  Slowly, Zico let go of Jongup’s arm and raised both hands into the air.  As soon as Jongup was free Himchan pulled the younger into his arms.
 
Jaehyo stepped back, away from Zico, taking Himchan and Jongup with him, while Zico slowly approached Yongguk and Zelo.  Zico and Jaehyo were glaring at each other.  Zelo was looking at Himchan and Jongup, saddened, confused, and full of anguish, while Jongup looked at Yongguk, completely disheartened at the revelation that Yongguk was going to let Zico kill him.  Yongguk was in a state of shock and confliction as he looked at Jongup.  He couldn’t bring himself to tell Zico to stop, but he felt some relief at Jongup being saved.
 
Yongguk then noticed Himchan glaring at him, and it was like their previous fight had just resurfaced and Yongguk quickly glared back.  Zelo’s leaning on him also reminded Yongguk about the maknae being shot, and Yongguk glared at Jongup too.
 
“Well this was fun,” Zico said dryly.
 
“What are you waiting for?” Himchan asked Jaehyo.  “Shoot him!”
 
Zico chuckled.  “Where’s the fun in that?”
 
“It wouldn’t be right to shoot him when he’s without his gun,” Yongguk said.
 
“Screw you, Bang Yongguk!” Himchan shouted.
 
“You already did!” Yongguk replied menacingly, causing Zico to laugh.
 
Jongup pulled on Himchan’s arm and said, “Hyung, let’s just go.”
 
“He’s right,” Jaehyo said, backing up slowly, never taking his eyes off of Zico or Yongguk.  “Come on.”  As they began to leave, Himchan made sure to take a hold of Jaehyo’s hand, conveying a message about their earlier conversation to the Black Dragon leader.
 
“Go run home,” Zico said as they walked off.  “Take care of that neck of yours!”  Zico didn’t cause any fatal damage, but Jongup was going to have to bandage the small cut on his neck.  As soon as Jaehyo, Himchan, and Jongup were out of sight.  Zico cursed and grabbed his side.  “Damn!  I think he broke a rib.”  Yongguk and Zelo began heading to the car that Yongguk and Zico had used to get there.  Zelo was hopping on his good leg and using Yongguk as a crutch.  Zico followed behind them glaring and grumbling as he felt at his side.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
So now there's more tension and a larger wedge between some of the B.A.P members.  In the next chapter, I plan to address DaeJae more, as well as to go back to some UBomb, ZiKyung.  Let me know what you all thought.  Thanks :D