Hide and Seek

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot

    Jongup half hoped that the other Black Dragon members would have put up a fight to keep Yongguk from taking him, but when Yongguk and Jongup reached the Black Dragon base, they saw that it was completely abandoned.  Jongup figured that Jaehyo would have still wanted his lower ranked members to presume things, but the place was empty.

    They were already on their way back to the B.A.P warehouse/home, and Jongup was weighing his options.  Of course he wanted to be with Zelo; they were close friends, and even though Himchan readily agreed to go back to B.A.P with Yongguk there, Jongup still considered Himchan like family.  Yongguk was the member that Jongup wasn’t so sure about, and now with Youngjae…  Jongup didn’t want to even think of that betrayal.

    Yongguk suddenly stopped, causing Jongup, who was lost in his thoughts, to walk right into him.  Jongup frowned and looked up at Yongguk, waiting for the older to yell at him, but instead he saw an expression on the former leader’s face that he thought he’d never see… horror.

    Jongup looked to where Yongguk was looking and saw their home with a huge hole in it.  The lights were out, the outside wall was charred and black around the edges of the obvious bomb blast.  Glass and debris littered the front yard.

    Yongguk cursed and ran inside.  It didn’t take long for Jongup to drop his things and run after the older.

    “Himchan!” Yongguk called out frantically.  “Zelo!”

    Jongup looked around with wide eyes.  The whole living room was destroyed.  Nothing looked salvageable.  Yongguk went to look for the other two in the back rooms, but he came back quickly.  He even checked the garage, where he noticed Himchan’s Hummer was missing.

    “Who would do this?” Jongup asked, his voice just a whisper, but Yongguk didn’t have to strain to hear.  It was so quiet, disturbingly so.

    Yongguk had a feeling he knew exactly who would do something like that, but he didn’t say anything.  “Come on,” he said to Jongup, heading out of their charred, smoky home.  “We need to find Himchan and Zelo.”

    “Do you think that they’re okay?” Jongup asked, following right up on Yongguk’s heels.

    Yongguk first instinct was to chastise Jongup for asking such a dumb and negative question, but he could hear it in the younger’s voice, see it in the younger’s face that Jongup was scared for their friends.  Yongguk couldn’t let himself make it worse for the younger by shouting at him.

    “I’m sure they’re fine,” Yongguk answered, giving Jongup a painful-looking smile as he squeezed the younger’s shoulder.  “We still need to find them, though, but we need to hide too.”  At Jongup’s questioning look, Yongguk clarified, “Someone did this, and whoever did, probably wants us dead, so we can’t be seen.”

    Jongup nodded quietly and followed after Yongguk as the older left the B.A.P base of operations, the Best, Absolute, and Perfect home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hospital~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    They were still in the hospital, and P.O didn’t like it.  They had escaped from prison so there was going to be plenty of people out there looking for them.  It didn’t help that they were out in such a public and predictable place.  Every time someone walked by, P.O’s eyes widened as he carefully watched that person, always fearing that it would be the police.

    “We need to get out of here,” P.O mumbled, but he was only talking to himself because Jaehyo was in U-Kwon’s room, trying to convince B-Bomb of the same thing.

    “Just go without me,” B-Bomb told Jaehyo, never taking his eyes off of U-Kwon.

    Jaehyo looked at B-Bomb pleadingly.  “We’re not going to leave you here.”

    “But you’ll leave U-Kwon?” B-Bomb asked, finally looking at Jaehyo.

    “We can’t take him with us,” Jaehyo replied, sighing.  “You know that.”

    B-Bomb shook his head and looked down at U-Kwon again.  He took the younger’s hand into his and stared at how peaceful and serene U-Kwon looked.  “I can’t leave him,” B-Bomb whispered.  “I won’t, but you and Jihoon should get out of here.”

    B-Bomb had said P.O’s real name, which they hardly ever used, so Jaehyo knew how serious B-Bomb must have been, but he shook his head anyway.  “I’m not going to…”

    “There’s no reason for all of us to be caught,” B-Bomb said, interrupting Jaehyo, looking back up at the Black Dragon leader.  “Just go already.  I’ll be fine.”  B-Bomb’s attention went right back to U-Kwon before he added, “We’ll be fine.”

    Jaehyo sighed.  He back hugged B-Bomb and whispered, “We’ll come back for you, both of you.  I promise.”

    B-Bomb smirked.  “You better,” he replied.

    Jaehyo smiled sadly at B-Bomb before walking out of U-Kwon’s hospital room.  “Come on,” he said as soon as he saw P.O.

    The Black Dragon maknae looked behind Jaehyo searchingly.  “What about B-Bomb-hyung?” P.O asked.  “Where is he?”

    “He’s going to stay with U-Kwon for a while,” Jaehyo mumbled before walking off.

    P.O looked uncertain as he peered into the hospital room’s window.  He didn’t want to leave B-Bomb behind, but he realized that the older most likely wouldn’t be willing to leave without U-Kwon.  Reluctantly, P.O hurried off after Jaehyo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Stay Awake~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “Hyung, where are we going to go?” Zelo asked as he drove the large Hummer.  “Oh, what about Yongguk-hyung and Jongup-hyung?”  Himchan didn’t answer.  “We need to go get them before they go back to the house.”

    Himchan still didn’t answer, so Zelo glanced at him to see the older with his eyes closed, hardly moving at all.

    “Hyung!  Hyung!” Zelo called out, reaching over to pull on Himchan’s arm.  He swerved a bit when he noticed that he had started to run off of the road, and Himchan still didn’t stir.

~-Flashback-~

    Zelo sat up coughing.  His eyesight was blurry and he felt a little dizzy.  He shook his head to clear it and called out, “Hyung?  Himchan-hyung?”

    He heard groaning not too far from him.  Zelo blinked his eyes a couple of times before he could make out the lump that he thought was debris, but saw was actually Himchan, lying in a bloody mess.  Zelo’s eyes widened before he hurried to Himchan’s side.

    There was rubble and debris everywhere.  The whole living room was burned.  Ash floated in the air, and there were a few areas of the room that was actually on fire.

    “Himchan-hyung!”  Zelo rolled Himchan over onto his back.

    “Sounds like someone is up and moving around in there… Good, I want to kill someone.”  Zelo’s eyes widened when he heard the voice.

    “G- go,” Himchan groaned out, trying to push Zelo away from him, but he didn’t have any strength in his movements.

    “I’m not leaving you, hyung,” Zelo replied, looking around the black, burning room.

    “Pabo,” Himchan chastised halfheartedly.  “They don- don’t need to get the b- both of us.  Go.”

    Zelo shook his head before he started to pull Himchan up.  “I’m not leaving without you, hyung, so you’re just going to have to come with me.”

    Himchan chuckled as he tried to help Zelo by moving his legs, but he felt unstable.  “You never did listen to me, did you?”

    Zelo just smiled at Himchan as he finally managed to stand Himchan up and they slowly and jerkily started to go towards the back of the house, where they could enter the garage.

~-End Flashback-~

    Zelo slammed on the brakes and unbuckled his seatbelt, leaning over to check on Himchan.  “Himchannie-hyung,” he said as he shook the older.  He noticed that Himchan was still breathing and had a pulse, although faint.  He sighed in relief before getting ready to drive again.

    “Don’t worry, hyung,” Zelo said as he pressed his foot down hard on the accelerator, “I’m going to get you to a hospital.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BD Base~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “No one is here,” Jongup said, looking around the dark empty room in the Black Dragons’ base of operations.

    “Dammit!” Yongguk cursed as he angrily flipped a chair over.  “I was hoping Himchan and Zelo might have come here looking for us.”

    Jongup opened his mouth to say something when they heard a faint noise from down the hall.  “Did you hear that?” Jongup asked.

    Yongguk nodded before they heard a louder sound.  Jongup’s eyes widened and he went to go towards the noise, but Yongguk held him back.

    “But-” Jongup started to say before Yongguk placed his hand over the younger’s mouth.

    “We don’t know if that’s Himchan and Zelo,” he whispered.  He then moved Jongup around him and peeked past the door.  He slowly pulled back and closed the door.  “It’s the police.”

    “What are they doing here?” Jongup asked.

    Yongguk just shook his head before pointing at a window.  “We can leave that way,” he said.

    Jongup nodded and followed Yongguk to the window.  They both easily slipped out through the window and were ready to sneak off into the night, but as soon as they turned around to run off, they saw a couple of policemen standing before them.

    “What are you two doing here?” someone asked.  From behind the line of policemen stepped out Youngjae.

    Yongguk growled.  “You!”  He was actually shaking from all of the anger that suddenly filled him at the sight of his former member.  He wanted to strangle Youngjae.  He wanted to kill him, but he knew that he needed to restrain himself in front of the police.

    “Why are you here?” Youngjae asked, looking pointedly at Jongup.  “Do you know where Jaehyo and the other Black Dragons are?”

    Jongup just stared at Youngjae before eventually saying in a low voice, “You lied to all of us.  You betrayed us.  Why?”

    Youngjae shook his head and approached Jongup.  “Mianhae, but now’s not the time,” he told the younger, ignoring how Yongguk snorted.  “About the Black Dragons…”

    “Daehyun was in love with you!” Jongup shouted, interrupting Youngjae.  “I cared about you!  I thought we were friends.”

    Youngjae sighed.  “Jonguppie…”

    Before Youngjae could say whatever he was going to say to the younger, Jongup punched Youngjae in the face, making the older fall back, and yelled, “Don’t call me that!”

    Yongguk’s eyes widened, and he couldn’t help the huge grin that came over his face, but he reacted quickly when he saw the other policemen reaching for their guns and moving to apprehend them.  Yongguk grabbed Jongup’s arm and took off running away from the police.

    Youngjae sat up from where he had fallen on the ground and looked after Yongguk’s and Jongup’s retreating figures sadly.

    Yongguk started to slow down.  It was hard for him to run while laughing, but it was okay because they managed to lose the cops.

    “I can’t believe you did that,” Yongguk said, leaning forward and resting his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.  “Damn!  I wish I would have done that.  I mean, the way you just hit him all of a sudden.  The bastard didn’t even see it coming.”  Yongguk continued laughing as he finally straightened himself out.  “You laid him out flat.”

    Yongguk looked over at Jongup, just then realizing that the younger was being very quiet. Jongup had his head lowered, and Yongguk just knew that the other was hiding his face for a reason.  Yongguk sighed as he approached Jongup.

    “What’s wrong?” Yongguk asked.

    Jongup looked up at Yongguk, and the older’s suspicions were confirmed.  Jongup had tears falling down his face.  “Everything is broken.”

    Yongguk shook his head, already knowing what the younger was talking about.

    “You want to go back to how things were, but things will never be the same,” Jongup said.  “Youngjae-hyu- hyu-  Youngjae betrayed us.  Himchannie-hyung and Zelo are missing from our blown up home, and Daehyunnie-hyung is still in jail.”

    “Hey, hey, shhh,” Yongguk responded, pulling Jongup into a hug.  It was like all the drama that had happened between them had never even existed.  It was like when they first started living together with the others, and Yongguk felt the need to console Jongup.

Yongguk did realize how different things were.  Jongup had always been the happy, smiling one.  Him and the others had often wondered if Jongup ever got mad about things, but now it was like the angel-like child that was Jongup died and what was left behind was a sad and angry, dark young man.  Yongguk mostly blamed himself for how Jongup was now.

    “Everything will be fine.  I swear,” Yongguk said, pulling back from Jongup to look into the younger’s eyes.  “We will find Himchan and Zelo, and afterwards we will get Daehyun.”

    Jongup looked up at Yongguk confusedly.  “But he’s in jail.”

    “We’ll just have to post the bail,” Yongguk replied.  “I know where to get the money.”  When Jongup just nodded, Yongguk grabbed the younger’s hand and lightly pulled on it.  “Kaja, we still need to find Himchan and Zelo.”

    “Ne,” Jongup responded, nodding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hospital~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Zelo sighed.  He had been sitting in the waiting room while Himchan was being taken care of in the ICU.  A doctor had told him that Himchan was stable, but they were still trying to treat his burns and had him heavily sedated; so Zelo was still worried about Himchan.

    “You were with the Red Tigers,” a voice said from behind Zelo, making the B.A.P maknae jump.

    Zelo turned around and gasped at seeing a Black Dragon glaring at him.  Zelo stood up and slowly began to back away from the gang member, not knowing what the older would do.

    “What are you doing here?” the Black Dragon asked, still glaring.

    “Him- Himchan-hyung was hurt,” Zelo replied.

    The Black Dragon tilted his head.  “Himchan?” he asked.  “What happened to him?”

    “Someone threw a grenade into our house,” Zelo answered cautiously.  “Himchan-hyung tried to protect me, but he got hurt.”

    The Black Dragon kept glaring at Zelo for a bit before he eventually sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.  He sat down in the chair next to where Zelo had been previously sitting and took a sip from the can of soda that he had in his hand before saying, “I knew Himchan and Jongup.  I’m B-Bomb.”

    Zelo just blinked at B-Bomb before sitting back in his chair and responding, “I’m Zelo.”

    Silence ensued.  It was tense and awkward for Zelo as he tried to think of what to say.

    “It’s those damn Red Tigers!” B-Bomb suddenly shouted, earning a few curious glances from other people sitting in the waiting room.

    “What are you talking about?” Zelo whispered.

    “U-Kwon… a black dragon is hospitalized here for the same reason as Himchan,” B-Bomb said.  “It was a Red Tiger that threw the grenade at my friend, and I bet it was the same one who threw it into your house- hurting Himchan.”

    Zelo’s face scrunched up in confusion as he tried to put the pieces together.  “But Zico, Kyung, and Taeil-hyung are in jail,” Zelo replied.

    B-Bomb rolled his eyes.  “Aren’t you curious how I’m not still in jail?” he asked, watching how Zelo’s eyes widened.  “Trust me.  The Red Tigers got out just like we did.”

    Zelo in air.  “Then that means…”

    “The Red Tigers aren’t just after us anymore.  They’re going to try to kill you guys too now,” B-Bomb mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Search~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “Dammit!” Zico cursed.

    Kyung shook his head as they walked back into their base.  “How could they have escaped?” he asked.  “Taeil-hyung, you said that you’d blow them up with your grenade, but there were no body parts anywhere.”

    Taeil opened his mouth to respond, but Zico shouted out, “Yeah, Taeilie!  You’re starting to make me regret letting you go out on any kind of mission at all!”

    Taeil glared at Zico.  “Fine!” he shouted.  “I’ll just go and let the two of you do everything then.”  Taeil practically stomped his feet as he went to leave, but Kyung grabbed his arm to stop.

    “Ah, don’t be like that hyung,” Kyung said.  “We still need you around.”  Taeil looked at Kyung disbelievingly, so the younger turned to Zico and added, “Right, Zi?”

    Zico folded his arms over his chest and frowned at both Taeil and Kyung.  There was a silent stare down before Zico sighed and lamely said, “Fine, yes, hyung, we need you here.”

    “Could have said that a bit more convincingly,” Kyung mumbled, looking off at a distant wall aloofly.

    “Yes you do need me!” Taeil said, walking up to Zico, “because I bet neither one of you noticed the blood on the floor back at B.A.P’s place.”

    Zico snorted and walked over to the couch, plopping down on it.  “Big deal,” he responded, “you saw some blood.”

    Taeil rolled his eyes.  “It’s just that I bet I know where they’re at, but if you don’t care…”

    “What?!”  Zico jumped up from the couch so fast, it was like he was standing up the whole time.

    “Taeil-hyung, where are they?” Kyung asked.

    “They don’t have to hide out like we do since they made bail,” Taeil said, getting impatient nods from Kyung and Zico, “so they‘re free to go to the hospital without getting caught.”

    “The hospital?” Zico asked.

    Kyung gasped.  “The blood!”

    “Ne,” Taeil replied, nodding.  “Blood… meaning they were hurt.”

    “So they’d go to the hospital like the dumb little s that they are,” Zico said, grinning.  “Alright then, let’s go to the hospital.”

    Taeil and Kyung nodded, eagerly grabbing their weapons again.