New Cellmates

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot

    “Where the hell have you been?” Zico asked when he saw one of the guards escorting Taeil into the cell.  Upon closer inspection he noticed the older had his arm in a sling.  “What happened?”

    Taeil frowned.  “I got shot,” he grumbled.

    Zico’s eyes widened before he ended up glaring.  “Those bastard cops shot you?!”  Kyung was once again holding Zico back, trying to calm his lover down.

    “Ani,” Taeil responded, sighing and walking over to a bed.  “One of the Black Dragons did it.”

    It was silent, and even though Himchan hadn’t made a sound or shown that he was listening to the Red Tigers’ conversation, he had a feeling that Zico would blow up at him for being with the Black Dragons when everything went down.

    The cell was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, until… laughter.  Zico was laughing, making Taeil scoff.

    “What is so funny?” Kyung asked.  “Taeil-hyung was shot!  He could have been…  It could have been worse!”

    Zico shook his head and looked at Kyung.  “Don’t you see?” he asked.  “Baby-Taeil wanted to go out and fight, claiming how indestructible he is, and as soon as he does, he gets shot.”  Zico smirked before turning back to Taeil.  “You see why we don’t let go on the big missions?” Zico asked, cooing as he palmed Taeil’s cheeks.

    The older pushed Zico’s hands away from his face and jumped up, glaring.  “You act like this was the first time I was in a fight, besides I took one down!” Taeil shouted.  “And if you call me a baby one more time, you’ll be next!”

    “You know, hyung,” Zico said slyly, “I used to think you actually could take me down – you know, since you almost killed me once – but now… you let a Black Dragon almost kill you.”  Zico was laughing again.

    Taeil glared darkly at the leader before he sat back on the bed and to his side that his crippled arm wasn’t on.  “You’re an ,” he mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disruption in the Not-So-Tense Atmosphere~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Things were getting better.  Zelo thought for sure that Yongguk would have tried to kill Jongup by now, especially since the younger had yelled at Yongguk and called him a liar.  Of course, the two hardly made conversation, but they at least were beginning to acknowledge the other.  Zelo was happy about this.  Being in jail wasn’t so bad when he was with his two favorite hyungs, and said hyungs were starting to get along again.

    “Junhong,” Yongguk called, snapping the maknae out of his thoughts, “you’re staring into space again- and with a goofy smile on your face.”

    “He’s been doing that quite often since we’ve been in here,” Jongup whispered to Yongguk, but Zelo heard him.  “Should we be worried?”

    Yongguk stared at Jongup for a while before offering a friendly smile and shaking his head.  “Nah, don’t worry about him.  I’m sure he’s okay.”

    Zelo didn’t even care that they were talking about him, he was just happy that they were getting along.  Yongguk even smiled at Jongup.

    “Jihoon!”

    Zelo heard Jongup shout happily, which made him snap out of his daze.

    “You’re okay!”  Jongup ran over to the Black Dragon as soon as the guard let him in.  He went to touch P.O’s stomach, where he knew the older was shot, but hesitated not wanting to cause P.O any more pain.

    P.O smiled at Jongup and recognized the younger’s curiosity.  He pulled up his shirt to show his bandaged abdomen.  “Yep!” he responded.  “All patched up and ready to seek revenge.”

    Yongguk had started to frown as soon as he saw the Black Dragon coming into their cell, and at the mention of revenge, Yongguk was full out glaring.

    Zelo sighed when he saw Yongguk scowling as P.O and Jongup walked past him.  It was like the older’s glaring wasn’t just for P.O, but for Jongup too.  Just like that, they were back to square one, and Zelo felt saddened that his hyungs couldn’t go back to how they were before the whole Himchan blow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Heart Failure~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    There was a thick depressing atmosphere in the cell when Jaehyo hobbled in.  The two occupants didn’t even hear when the guard let him in.  He sighed as he looked at B-Bomb.  He heard about the other occupant in the ICU.  Jaehyo slowly shuffled over to B-Bomb’s bed and sat down next to his right-hand and closest friend.

    B-Bomb stirred from his daze when he felt the bed dip next to him.  He looked next to him.  For a second B-Bomb thought that it was going to be U-Kwon sitting next to him, but it turned out to be Jaehyo, smiling sadly at him.

    “Jae,” B-Bomb whispered.  “U-kwonie… he…”

    “I know,” Jaehyo said, leaning his head against B-Bomb’s, who sighed.

    “They won’t tell me anything.”

    “I- I heard about U-Kwon,” Jaehyo said hesitantly.  “I was in the ICU too…”

    “Are you okay?” Daehyun asked quietly, surprising the other two.  B-Bomb had forgotten that the other was even in the cell.  They hadn’t been talking.  Jaehyo didn’t even realize the younger was listening.  When he first arrived, neither had noticed him.

    “Zico shot me in the chest; one of my lungs collapsed,” Jaehyo answered.  “I’m okay now, just a little sore.”

    B-Bomb looked Jaehyo over as if he just realized how sickly the Black Dragon leader looked.  “I knew you shouldn’t have gone after Zico.  You aren’t really that great in the field.”

    Jaehyo scoffed and asked, “Then how come I’m the leader of the Black Dragons?”

    “I’ve often wondered that,” B-Bomb mumbled teasingly, making Jaehyo pout.  “Never mind that, though.  How is U-Kwon?”

    Jaehyo sighed.  “He apparently was in a coma, but he came out of it,” he said.  B-Bomb perked up at the news, making Jaehyo disheartened with what he had to say next.  “He’s still not doing well, though.  His- his heart… stopped.”

    “What?!” B-Bomb shouted, eyes wide as he jumped up.

    “They got it pumping again,” Jaehyo quickly said.  “He’s alive.”  B-Bomb sighed and sat back down.

    “You look like you have more to say,” Daehyun quietly spoke.  Jaehyo cut his eyes toward the other and shook his head, but it was too late.

    “What else is there?” B-Bomb asked.

    Jaehyo looked down at the floor.  It was dirty.  He wasn’t surprised.  “Apparently his heart keeps failing.  He isn’t really stable.  They think that he might need a pacemaker, but he has to stabilize first, and right now…  It just might be a while before he’s released.”

    B-Bomb placed his head in his hands before quietly asking, “Other than his heart, how is he?  I mean, he was caught in an explosion.”

    “I think I heard mention of slight burning, molla, but I do know that he hasn’t lost any limbs,” Jaehyo replied.  “It’s just his heart.”

    B-Bomb didn’t say anything.  He just sat there with his head still in his arms, breathing heavily.  It sounded like he might have been hyperventilating, so Jaehyo wrapped his arms around the other as best as he could without disrupting his wound.

    “It’ll be okay,” Jaehyo cooed.  “U-Kwon is not going to let this come between the two of you.  He didn’t let me.  He glared the hell out of me until we stopped fooling around.”

    B-Bomb nodded and slowed down his breathing.  “Ne, you’re right,” he said.

    “Of course I am,” Jaehyo replied, smugly.

    B-Bomb rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thank Yous and Nightmares~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Jongup smiled at P.O, sitting close to the older.  “I’m glad that you’re okay,” he told P.O.  “And I never really properly thanked you.”

    P.O blushed.  “Aw, it’s okay, Jonguppie.  You don’t have to…”

    “Ani, I want to,” Jongup interrupted.  He took P.O’s hands into his and stared into the older’s eyes.  “Thank you for saving my life.  Sincerely, gomawo, Jihoon.”

    P.O smiled and allowed Jongup to hug him, but he couldn’t help the hiss that escaped his mouth when the younger squeezed him a bit too tight.

    “Oh, mian,” Jongup mumbled, pulling back from P.O.

    “It’s fine,” P.O said, being sure to keep hold of one of Jongup’s hands.  “I want to say thank you too.”

    Jongup scrunched up his face in confusion.  “But I didn’t do anything,” he mumbled.

    P.O smiled at Jongup before turning to another occupant in the cell.  “Actually, I want to thank him,” P.O said, pointing at Zelo.

    “Mwo? Me?” Zelo asked, shocked.

    “Ne, it’s thanks to you and your friend that Zico didn’t kill Jongup, so thank you,” P.O said.  Zelo just nodded, not knowing what to say to the Black Dragon.

    Yongguk rolled his eyes.  “Tch!  Are you two done with your thank yous yet?” he asked snidely, making P.O frown.

    “Don’t think that I’ve forgotten what you’ve done to Jongup!” P.O sneered, standing up and approaching Yongguk.

    Yongguk also got up, glaring back at P.O, and asked, “What the hell did I do to him?!”

    Zelo sighed.  P.O being assigned to their cell was definitely not a good thing.

    “You just stood by while Zico tried to kill him!” P.O shouted.

    “I don’t see how it’s any of your business,” Yongguk replied, dangerously calm.

    “It doesn’t matter anymore,” Jongup interrupted, jumping between Yongguk and P.O, slightly pushing P.O back over to his bunk.  “It’s in the past, and I’m over it.”

    P.O looked at Jongup incredulously.  “How can you say that you’re over it?” he asked.  “I know that you still have nightmares about it.”

    Jongup looked down, ashamed.

    Zelo gasped.  “Is it true, hyung?” he asked, looking at Jongup with large, blinking eyes.  He remembered that day.  He got shot, but worse- Zico almost killed Jongup, and Zelo felt guilty for not trying harder to help Jongup.

    Jongup didn’t say anything.  He just climbed back up into his top bunk, ending the conversation.  P.O sighed and climbed up to Jongup.  He sent one last glare to Yongguk before trying to get Jongup to talk to him.

    Zelo looked at Yongguk to see how the older was taking what happened to Jongup and learning that Jongup was having nightmares about the incident, but Yongguk, after scowling at P.O, lied down facing away from Zelo, so he couldn’t gage the older’s reaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Mole~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Since being in the cell, Taeil noticed Zico’s animosity towards the police – no surprise there – but he also noticed a bit of animosity between Himchan and Kyung.

    “How exactly did the police decide who goes in what cell?” Taeil asked no one in particular.

    Zico scoffed.  “How should we know?”

    “It’s just odd that all of the Red Tigers are in one cell,” Taeil responded, shrugging.  He kept eyeing Himchan and Kyung, wondering what had happened between the two, but he wouldn’t outright ask because then it would be brought to Zico’s attention, and Zico was a hothead.  Taeil figured that the two must have met on the battlefield, and things most likely didn’t go too well.

    “So which one are you again?” Taeil asked.

    Himchan blinked, surprised.  He realized that Taeil was talking to him.

    “What does it matter?” Kyung asked darkly.  “He was helping those Black Dragon scum.”

    “Just curious,” Taeil replied, shrugging again.

    “Yongguk’s ex,” Zico stated, staring out past the bars of the cell like a caged animal.

    “Ah… Himchan, right?” Taeil asked.  Himchan slowly nodded in response.  Taeil smiled softly and added, “I’m Taeil.  Lee Taeil.  We haven’t met.”

    “What’s with the freaking niceties?” Kyung asked.  “He’s still a dirty rat.”

    Taeil lied down on one of the bunk beds and mumbled, “I kind of feel sorry for B.A.P.  They broke up and went separate ways only to end up fighting against each other.  It .”

    “Well I don’t give a damn,” Zico said before turning to Himchan.  “I don’t like any of you, B.A.P… ex-B.A.P, whatever the hell you want to call yourselves.”

    “What about Yongguk?” Taeil asked, amused.  “He, Daehyun, and Zelo did help us.”

    “Help us what?!” Zico asked, throwing his arms in the air.  “We’re in here all because of B.A.P and their !  They had the undercover cop!  Dumb useless s!  And you know I never liked Bang.  I give him one thing to do!  One!  Watch Kyung’s back, and he screwed that up!”

    “So we’re in here because B.A.P had a mole?” Taeil asked nonchalantly.  “Huh, dumb luck.”

    Zico snorted.  “Don’t you worry.  I’ll have us out of here in no time.”

    “Who’s worried?”  Taeil mumbled before turning over.  He was tired of watching Zico pace back and forth in front of the bars, reminding Taeil of a tiger at the zoo.  He was also tired of the weirdness between Kyung and Himchan.  Neither were saying anything, so all of the glaring seemed pointless to Taeil.

    Himchan looked between Taeil, Kyung – who was still glowering at him – and Zico, curious of the dynamic between the three.  He also wondered how the cells were arranged, cursing his luck for being placed in the cell with the Red Tigers.  Somehow he doubted that Zico would just let him tag along if they were to escape, and if he did escape with them he’d guess that he wouldn’t survive long afterwards.  Kyung would see to that.