Ripples in the Water

Three Gang War: Nillili One Shot
A/N:  I am so sorry about the wait.  It's been about a month since my last update, and the only excuses that I have is procrastination and writer's block.  I know where I want this story to go, but I wasn't sure of how to begin taking it there, but now I think I've got it.  :)
 
Once again sorry.  OTL  I've updated two chapters to apologize, so please accept my apology.  OTL
 
 
 
 
 
 
They were having a meeting on what to do with the Black Dragons.  Zico wasn’t paying much attention though because he didn’t care about planning, not when it came to fighting that is.  He preferred to just go in guns blazing.  Taeil was kind of the same way.
 
The oldest Red Tiger was in his favorite chair, a ways away from the others, bundled up in a thick blanket and appeared to be asleep.  Yongguk, Daehyun, and Zelo wouldn’t even know Taeil was in the room if they hadn’t all went in at the same time.
 
In truth, the planning wasn’t going too well.  Kyung was enthusiastic at first, but given all that has happened, he wanted to steer clear from the thought that Yongguk would have to fight his ex-boyfriend, and even though Yongguk was doing better since his little chat with Zico, it was obvious that he was still sensitive over the whole issue, understandingly so.
 
Zico and Taeil weren’t productive for obvious reasons, but neither was Zelo, who basically agreed with whatever Yongguk wanted.
 
Zico snorted after Zelo said something on the issue.  “You try to give your opinion, but all you’re really doing is saying the same that Bang said,” Zico grumbled, although, looking bored.  “You’re stuck on repeat mode.”
 
Yongguk growled and firmly said, “Shut up, Woo Jiho!”  Zico glared at the use of his full name, while Daehyun sighed dramatically.
 
“Will you stop that already!?  Nobody wants to smell your hot breath,” Zico said, glaring at Daehyun now.  Daehyun had been sighing quite a bit since they started the meeting, which he had yet to add anything to.
 
“Zico,” Kyung whispered, trying to get the younger to calm down.
 
After glaring at Zico, Yongguk turned to Daehyun and asked, “What’s wrong, Dae?”
 
Daehyun looked over at Yongguk with glassy eyes and moaned.  “Jae hasn’t been answering any of my calls.”
 
Zico rolled his eyes before he abruptly stood up and walked over to where Taeil was, muttering, “Damn idiots and their stupid drama.”  Even though they all heard him, everyone ignored Zico’s comment.
 
“Maybe his phone needs charging,” Zelo suggested.
 
Daehyun chuckled humorlessly and replied, “This is Youngjae we’re talking about.  He always had his phone charged up.”
 
Yongguk snorted and mumbled, “Always acted like someone other than us was going to call him.”
 
Daehyun frowned at Yongguk and practically yelled, “Don’t start all your suspicious crap about him.”
 
Yongguk just looked the other way, frowning at the thought of Youngjae as well as at his own unsupportiveness.  Yoo Youngjae was not his favorite person in the world, nowhere near it, but Yongguk did still want to help Daehyun who seemed to be heartbroken.
 
“Maybe you could go and visit him,” Kyung whispered, hoping that Zico wouldn’t hear and object.
 
Daehyun looked up at Kyung as if thinking about it before he nodded his head and agreed.
 
“And we can come too,” Zelo said happily.  He secretly wanted to go back to their old base, even if just for a little while.  He wanted to see Jongup again.
 
Daehyun shook his head at what Zelo said and responded, “Ani, I should go alone.”  Zelo pouted, but nodded his head, understanding.
 
Yongguk patted Daehyun’s shoulder and said, “Be careful… in case Himchan shows up.”
 
Daehyun looked at Yongguk aghast at the notion.  Daehyun realized that Himchan was in fact considered their enemy now, but after all they’ve been though together, Himchan wouldn’t hurt them, would he?  Could they hurt Himchan?  Or Jongup?  These thoughts were running through both Yongguk’s and Daehyun’s minds.
 
Zelo, who hadn’t witnessed the anticlimactic showdown and the choosing of sides, didn’t really understand the situation fully.  He was mostly concerned with meeting up with Jongup again.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Black Dragon Base~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“What’s wrong?” P.O asked Jongup when he saw the younger frown at his phone after getting a message.
 
Jongup shook his head and replied, “Ani, nothing’s wrong.”  But the way Jongup gripped his phone tighter and refused to look P.O in the eye told the Black Dragon maknae that something wasn’t right.  “I- I have to go somewhere for- for Himchannie-hyung.  I’ll be back soon,” Jongup said as he quickly got up to walk out of the room.
 
“I’ll come with you,” P.O responded, eagerly going to catch up with Jongup, partly because he liked being around the younger and partly because he was suspicious of how Jongup was just acting when he got that message.
 
“That’s okay,” Jongup reassured, “I can go alone.”
 
P.O looked at Jongup quizzically, wondering what was up with the younger.  “Was that Himchan-hyung who messaged you?  What does he want?  I can help you.  I don’t mind.”
 
Jongup sighed and looked at the ground.  He started to toe at the carpeting before he mumbled, “I think that I should go by myself.  I don’t want you to get the wrong idea.”
 
P.O was confused.  “The wrong idea about what?”
 
Jongup looked up at P.O, wishing that the older had understood what he was trying to say.  He didn’t want to outright say it, for fear that he could be wrong, but even Himchan had seemed to be thinking along the same lines.
 
“I don’t want to lead you on,” Jongup replied, now looking at the wall.
 
“Lead me on?” P.O questioned.
 
“I like being friends with you, Jihoonie-hyung.  Just friends.”
 
“Oh,” P.O mumbled, taking a step back as he realized what Jongup was saying.  “Arasso, I get it.  I understand.”  But he didn’t understand.  He himself was confused as to what he felt towards Jongup, but he constantly insisted in his head that he only liked Jongup as a friend.  It wasn’t until the younger had just said that he only liked P.O as a friend, did P.O realize that he did in fact like the younger as more than just a friend.
 
Jongup looked back at P.O sadly.  “Mianhe, hyung.”
 
“It’s fine,” P.O said, trying to laugh it off.  “You better hurry up and go do whatever it is that Himchan-hyung wanted you to do.”
 
Jongup nodded slowly as he started to leave again.  “See you later,” Jongup said quietly as he left the room and headed out of the Black Dragon’s base.  He felt bad about turning P.O down as a distraction, but Jongup was glad to have addressed it.  Maybe they could go on as really good friends now without any awkwardness or hidden intentions.  Though, he still felt bad about lying to P.O.  Jongup didn’t have to go do anything for Himchan, and Himchan wasn’t the one who texted him.  It was Zelo.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~B.A.P’s Base – Youngjae’s Place~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Daehyun quietly stepped inside of his old home.  He was nervous.  He knew that Youngjae didn’t want him to help the Red Tigers and that Youngjae didn’t want him to leave, but he did anyway.  Daehyun didn’t know how Youngjae would react.  He was scared that Youngjae would not be able to forgive him.
 
Daehyun opened his mouth to call out for the younger, but Youngjae’s name got caught in his throat.  He couldn’t say anything.  Daehyun closed his mouth again and sat down on the sofa in the living room, sighing.
 
“Okay, Daehyun, this is what you came here for,” Daehyun mumbled to himself.  “Get up and go see if Jae is here, and talk to him.”
 
“Daehyun,” Youngjae said, startling Daehyun and causing the older to jump up in fright.
 
“Youngjae!  What are you doing here?” Daehyun asked nervously.
 
Youngjae frowned at Daehyun before he crossed his arms and replied, “I live here.  I’m the only one that lives here now; so what are you doing here?”
 
Daehyun sighed again and looked at the floor.  He studied the floor a bit, causing Youngjae to start tapping his foot impatiently.  Eventually Daehyun looked up at the younger with teary eyes and approached, saying, “Jae, I’m so sorry.  I’m so sorry.  I know, I shouldn’t have left you behind.  Mianhe.”
 
Daehyun went to hug Youngjae, but Youngjae stepped back, out of Daehyun’s reach, and responded, “You shouldn’t have left me behind?  Are you implying that you should have taken me with you?  Ani, you shouldn’t have gone at all.”
 
Daehyun looked at Youngjae pitifully and started to apologize again.  “Please, tell me.  What can I do to make it up to you?  What can I do to make it right?”
 
Youngjae shook his head and looked the other way, still frowning.  “You want to make it right?  Then leave the Red Tigers, leave Yongguk, but don’t think that you can make anything up to me.”
 
Daehyun looked at Youngjae surprised when the younger told him to leave the Red Tigers and Yongguk.  Daehyun didn’t want to have to choose, but what really pained him was when Youngjae said that Daehyun couldn’t make it up to him.
 
Daehyun dropped down to his knees, the tears in his eyes were now rolling down his skin, cascading down his face.  “Please,” Daehyun choked out between sobs.  “I’m so sorry.  I love you.  I love you so much, and if you want, I’ll leave them, all of them.  I’ll leave them for you, because I love you, only you.  And I’m so sorry.  Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe!”
 
Youngjae’s frowning face began to relax as he saw Daehyun crying on the floor in front of him, pleading to work things out.  Youngjae was truly begin to feel sorry for him, but he couldn’t help remembering when he himself was crying on the floor, completely devastated after Daehyun left him without so much as a single goodbye.
 
Youngjae sighed before saying, “Don’t bother leaving them.  You’ll all get what you deserve.  Every one of you.”
 
Daehyun looked up at Youngjae through the tears in his eyes.  “What do you mean,” he asked, swallowing back a wail, “we’ll get what we deserve?”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Maknae Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hyung!  You came!” Zelo said happily when he saw Jongup approaching.
 
“Of course, you asked me to,” Jongup replied, smiling at the giddy maknae.  Zelo had them meet outside of an arcade near the city limits, away from prying eyes of any gang.
 
“I missed hyung,” Zelo said, hugging Jongup.  “You’ll never know what I’ve been doing with Yonggukkie-hyung and Daehyun-hyung.  Yongguk-hyung said it was supposed to be a secret, but I really want to tell you.”
 
Jongup looked down when he realized what Zelo wanted to tell him.  It seemed that Zelo didn’t realize that they were on opposite sides of a war.  Zelo didn’t realize that Jongup already knew his secret.
 
“If Yongguk-hyung didn’t want you to tell, then you shouldn’t,” Jongup said, hoping to keep some sort of normalcy to their visit.
 
Zelo smiled and nodded his head.  “Ne, Yongguk-hyung has really gotten better about the whole Himchan thing, but I guess he still wouldn’t want me to tell you.”
 
“Doesn’t matter, he already knows,” a familiar voice said, causing both Jongup’s and Zelo’s eyes to go wide.  Out of the alley next to the arcade, Yongguk stepped out of the shadows and approached the two.  “Why don’t you tell him what’s going on with you, Jongup.”
 
Jongup stared at Yongguk, taking a step back.  Something was different in the way that Yongguk talked to him.  Even when Yongguk was mad as hell and yelling at him, it still wasn’t like how Yongguk was talking to him now.  Though speaking calmly, Yongguk’s voice chilled Jongup to the bone, and it scared him.
 
“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Zelo asked Yongguk.
 
“We followed you,” another voice answered from behind Jongup.  Jongup spun around to see Zico walking up to him with a gun pointed straight at Jongup’s chest.
 
“Zico-hyung!  What are you doing!?  This is Jonguppie-hyung!” Zelo shouted, going to stand in front of Jongup, but Yongguk held him back.  “Hyung, let go!”
 
“Your Jonguppie-hyung didn’t tell you, but he’s here to kill you,” Zico said, stepping closer to Jongup.
 
Zelo stopped struggling in Yongguk’s grip and responded, “What?  Jonguppie-hyung wouldn’t do that!  Never!  Right, Yongguk-hyung!?”  Zelo looked up at Yongguk, but Yongguk was looking the other way, as if trying to ignore everything that was happening at the moment.
 
Zico smirked and got even closer to Jongup while Zelo was distracted with Yongguk.  “Say goodbye, you Black Dragon wannabe trash,” Zico said as he cocked the gun and was preparing to shoot Jongup.
 
Panicking, Jongup quickly threw up his leg in a high swooping arch and kicked the gun out of Zico’s hand.  The gun flew a few feet away, but as it hit the ground, it went off.
 
-BANG-
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Block B is back!  To be honest, that's what really motivated me to get up off my and get to working on this fic.
 
So the gun went off, but was anyone shot?  Find out in the next chapter.  :)