The Star Is Finally Caught and Maybe the Heart Also?

Opposite of My Ideal Type

SEUNGGWAN’S P.O.V

“Where is that girl?” I puffed out my cheeks as I kept on drawing lines on the sand. I sighed and folded my knees that touched my chest. I rested my chin on top of my knee and closed my eyes. I prepared a lot for Eunbae’s birthday and the beach isn’t even that far! It was only a four hour trip. I sighed once again when I checked the time on my watch. It was already 8:43 in the evening and still no sign of Eunbae.

 

“If she leaves me alone, I swear I’m going to seriously—Wait, she’s too special to be left, I’ll just forgive her,” I cracked up a smile and just continued drawing on the sand. I drew me and Eunbae holding hands together. I had a big smile while she had a big smile on her face too.

 

“Yah! You idiotic pig!” I grinned like a maniac when I noticed my new nickname. Cute isn’t it?

 

EUNBAE’S P.O.V

“Yah! You idiotic pig!” I yelled so loudly that I almost felt the ground shake beneath me. That idiot turned around and when he smiled, I almost softened up right there but I remembered, it was Seunggwan. Why would I be kind to him? I stomped towards him and strangled his neck.

 

“Why the hell were you ignoring me?! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!” I continued strangling him for a while and then stopped. I huffed and sat down beside him in the sand. I turned to him and his perfectly styled hair was already looking like a bird nest. I smirked at my makeover and just mentally chuckled.

 

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” I heard him muttered sadly and I just sighed myself. I tapped his arm and he looked at me with teary eyes. I bit my lip and felt guilty for what I’ve done and just decided to apologize.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? You were just ignoring me for some while and I got pissed—“

 

“You want to pee?”

 

“No Seunggwan! I got mad that you were always with Eunjung and you were not anymore paying attention to me. I saw both of you in a café and both of you were laughing. I didn’t want to see you guys anymore so I left. You looked happier with my best friend than with me,” I explained to him and I didn’t know why. I just wanted to release everything that bottled inside of me and now I did, it made me feel a little lighter.

 

“Eunbae, you’re the best girl in the whole wide world! No one could ever replace you because your mine and nobody else’s,” I looked at him weirdly and when he finally realized it he started breathing deeply, almost like he was chest pumping.

 

“Aniya! I-I mean y-you’re my best friend! O-Of course you wouldn’t leave me!” Seunggwan started whining like a child and I grinned at him. I ruffled up his hair before looking up at the stars.

 

“The stars are really pretty at night, don’t you think?” I questioned Seunggwan as I turned to him, only to see him staring at me. I almost got lost in those pretty brown eyes but I got myself together and ignore what I was feeling. Seunggwan pursed his lips before saying something.

 

“For me, you’re the most beautiful in my eyes,”

 

“Eww~! Seunggwan! There you go again, being cheesy,” I cringed at his pick-up lines and looked back at the stars. They were oddly twinkling so brightly tonight. Must’ve been that there were no city lights that outshone them. I sighed and laid down on the grass, Seunggwan following.

 

“Remember when we were kids we used to do this all the time?” Seunggwan remembered and I nodded. Memories started flashing back when we were kids. We were playing in this exact same beach and then rested under the stars, just looking at the way they were shining brightly at us.

 

“Of course, you tripped on your feet and fell flat to the ground!”

 

“Don’t bring that up!” Seunggwan pouted and I really, really found him cute. I pinched his nose and then he glared at me cutely. I looked at the waves and just watched it. Seunggwan suddenly held my hand and pulled me up to stand.

 

“Ah wae~?” I complained but then he pointed his finger up to the sky while he was still talking to me.

 

“No, stupid,”

 

“Look who’s talking,” I crossed my arms and raised a brow but he just shook his head at me with a smile.

 

“I promised to catch you a star, didn’t I? But I think I need someone’s help to help me,” Seunggwan wiggled his eyebrows at me and I knew what he was implying. I cupped a hand around my mouth, making an ‘o’ shape.

 

“Anyone here who wants to help this elephant?!” I shouted but of course, no one answered back since we were the only ones on the beach. Hands crept up around my waist and I froze at the sudden action. A breath tickled my neck and I knew it was just Seunggwan. We used to do this all the time when we were kids, why am I reacting now?

 

“Come on, ready?” he let go and I nodded absentmindedly.

 

“Go! Catch the star Dora! Catch it!” Seunggwan and I yelled together. We both laughed as we were pretending to catch stars like in Dora the Explorer. We were laughing and laughing and jumping and jumping until Seunggwan stopped. I turned to him and he had a shock face on. Every hole on his face were wide open.

 

“I caught one!” he yelled happily while he held his fist up that seems like he was holding a star

 

“What?” it was impossible. How can someone catch a star when it was far away? Like you need a spaceship to go there and I don’t even—

 

“Dja Jan!” he opened his fist and a star-shaped necklace came out. He was holding the lace of the star while I was examining it in awe. I was not shocked by the star actually, I was wondering if it was real silver. Is that bad?

 

“Here, I’ll put it on,” Seunggwan went behind me and I moved my hair. His fingers touched my neck and it felt like a thousands of bolts like zapped through me. I shivered at the cold air after the necklace was put on. I stared at it and it just seemed like a normal star necklace, but it mean the world to me since Seunggwan gave it to me as a present.

 

“Hey, you’re unfair. It’s not a real star,” I pouted and he pinched my cheeks. I felt all the blood in my body rush to my cheeks before slapping his arm away from my face.

 

“Happy Birthday, my Eunbae!” Seunggwan happily cheered while he was pumping up his fist in the air and turning around. I punched him in the stomach but not that hard. He rubbed his tummy before I laughed at him. I’ll ignore the ‘my Eunbae’ part and just go with the flow.

 

“After you,” he made the gesture to go first and I gladly did. I looked down at the star necklace that was hanging on my neck and smiled. He had a unique idea of how to give me this and it’s quite…moving and romantic actually. He would be a good boyfriend, if you only cancel out the craziness.

 

“Seunggwan, you’re a one cute and mysterious boy,” I shook my head while I was making sounds with me mouth. He appeared beside me and I smiled at him. A hand was hanging on my shoulder and I grinned. I put my head on his shoulder while we were walking. I felt a little sleepy and he abruptly carried me and put me on his back. I snuggled into his shoulder and he carried me back home.

 

SEUNGGWAN’S P.O.V

“You’re really the most beautiful girl in the world Eunbae,” I whispered to myself as I watched her back view. I wanted to say a lot more but, important things are really the hardest to say. I sighed and caught up with her. I put a hand around her shoulder and she put her head on my shoulder. Is it wrong that I felt like I was flying into heaven already? What is this angel doing with me?

 

I noticed that she was tired so I put her on my back. She snuggled onto my shoulder and I felt a little ticklish at the new feeling.

 

“Eunbae, what am I feeling? Why do I feel like I’m in heaven whenever I’m with you? Why do you make me feel like this? Why are you so beautiful? I thought when I go to another country for a while, I’ll forget about you, but I guess not. Yeah, you’re my best friend but again, why do I feel like something stabbing my heart when I say the word friend? I really don’t know—Eunbae?”

 

I heard her snoring already and I sighed, defeated. I was relieved that she didn’t hear me but at the same time, disappointed was written on my face.

 

“Eunbae, you’re one devilish-angel like girl,”

 


12/14/13 - author's note: Hello! It's me again! It's been a little while but I hope this chapter satisfies you. Please do comment and maybe upvote too. You guys will be really helpful. I promise. Thank you!