Run for Your Life

Opposite of My Ideal Type

“What the hell?! Why is Captain America there?” Seunggwan asked a little too loudly and I chuckled at him when some people turned around to glare at him. Seunggwan pouted and I shook my head at him. We were in the middle of the movie and he kept on asking questions and asking what was going to happen.

 

“Seunggwan, just watch the movie. You were the one who picked this,” I whispered to him and he nodded with wide eyes. I reached at the middle for some popcorn and put at least 5 or 6 pieces in my mouth. I concentrated on the screen as I saw that it was getting more intense. My eyes just looked at the screen while I tried finding the straw with my mouth. I finally found it and sipped on the carbonated drink.

 

*Oh my gosh? What is Thor doing?* I thought in my mind while still sipping. I turned to my left and saw that Seunggwan looked at me at the same time. We were so close and I stopped drinking but the straw was still in my mouth. For the first time in my life, I noticed everything about Seunggwan. The way his eyes were just staring at me intently sent heat towards my cheeks.

 

We didn’t even mind the loud sounds that were booming through the speakers. It’s like I could hear it anyways. It’s like I was trapped under his spell and he was the same. The way his hair was perfectly at the side, the way he blinks cutely, the way his eyebrows were furrowed together wondering what’s wrong, the way—

 

“Ehem,” I heard a cough and when I looked at my other side I saw Daeno. I glanced back at Seunggwan but he already went back to watch the movie. I was glad that it was dark so that Seunggwan nor Daeno could see my cheeks that were already red. Oh if I could just see my face now I think I would be as red as a tomato.

 

“Yah, do you like him?!” Daeno harshly whispered but I didn’t mind him and just stared at him weirdly, “What are you even doing here? And it’s none of your business,” I answered him and turned back at the screen but he kept on tapping my shoulder. I tried to ignore him but it was getting too annoying so I whipped my head to his direction but he just blinked at me.

 

“Can you hang out with me today? I can bring you home if you want after,” Daeno asked and my eyebrows creased. I shook my head and focused on the movie again. I felt the familiar tapping and was about to scream but Daeno covered my mouth.

 

“Get your dirty hands of my mouth and can’t you see I’m hanging out with my friend right now?” I pointed at Seunggwan but the word ‘friend’ somehow didn’t fit Seunggwan. Best friend? Even worse I think.

 

The lights and when I looked at the screen, I see the credits just rolling down/ I turned to my right and Seunggwan wasn’t there anymore. I abruptly stood up and was about to find him but a hand caught my wrist. I glared at Daeno before wrenching my wrist out of his grip. I ran out of the movie theatre and saw Seunggwan sitting in a bench.

 

“GwanBae-yah, do you think Eunbae likes that Daeno guy better than me?” I heard Seunggwan asked the teddy bear that he won me at the arcade. I stifled a laugh and went a little closer to him. He looked like he was talking to the bear so I didn’t interrupt him and just stayed behind him so he wouldn’t see me.

 

“That dinosaur is weird, ugly, skinny, and ugly, did I say ugly? Yes he is!” I could imagine Seunggwan pouting right now so I put both of my palms over his eyes.

 

“Yah! Who are you?!” Seunggwan yelled and kept on moving but I kept a firm grip before he could escape, “Who am I~?” I asked in a sing-song voice and he stopped. I think he was thinking about who I was but we were close since we were birth. Of course he should recognize my voice since—

 

“Are you Captain America?” Seunggwan cheerfully asked and I rolled my eyes and uncovered his eyes. He turned back and I awkwardly smiled at him but he pouted at me. Guess he really wanted that Captain guy. I walked around the bench and sat down beside him. People were passing by us but we just kept quiet, until I couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“What did I do wrong this time?” I obviously asked and he gave a ‘hmph’ sound and I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. Not like he wasn’t childish but he does look cute when he does it but it sometimes irks me when he’s mad at me but I know I didn’t do wrong—Okay Eunbae, you can stop babbling now.

 

“Where is that Daeno guy? I thought you want to hang out with him? I heard him ask you in the movies and you weren’t even watching the movie! You just kept on talking to him!” Seunggwan yelled in a cute but whiny voice. I looked at him weirdly before finally understanding what he was trying to say. I scoffed and stood up.

 

“Come on, let’s go to my house, watch an old Disney movie and drink some hot chocolate, how’s that?” I asked him and held my hand out for him to take. He squinted his eyes at me suspiciously before putting his hand over mine. I didn’t need to like but I did like it when he was holding my hand.

 

“Oof!” when Seunggwan stood up, he abruptly pulled me hard and my head landed on his chest. How did he suddenly get taller?

 

“H-How did you suddenly get taller?” I stuttered while I was asking him, trying to ignore the awkward situation we were in now. I felt his chin on my head and my eyes widened. We were out in public and I bet people are staring but somehow, I didn’t care even a bit. I gulped down my saliva as I heard his heartbeat. It was comforting in a way and I really liked it.

 

“Are you enjoying this?” I heard him ask and I could feel him grinning slyly and I blinked my eyes rapidly before pushing him away. I fixed the jacket that I was wearing while I was trying to look elsewhere except the dummy beside me but my eyes betrayed my and I looked at him.

 

“Come on, Let’s go to your house and we can do your suggestion,” Seunggwan stood up while he held my hand in his. I felt secure and safe and I don’t know why since I never felt that way. I did feel it a little with Hansol but not as good as Seunggwan. Seunggwan can be a little weird—scratch that—he can be really weird but I think he has the biggest heart in the whole wide world.

 

“Yeah, that would be great—I mean, it was my idea after all, so yeah,” I nodded and we swung our hands that were clasped together tightly as Seunggwan held the teddy bear he won for me in his other hand. I couldn’t help it but smile really widely while we were walking and Seunggwan caught that.

 

“Hey! I’ve never seen you smile like that since we were kids!” Seunggwan pointed out and I immediately smiled normally.

 

“Well then, you will never ever see it again,” I walked a little ahead of him while I removed my hands from him, “Hey! Why did you do that?” Seunggwan jogged a bit and clasped our hands together again and I couldn’t hide my smile again, “There it is again!”

 

“Seunggwan I will leave you now. May the odds be ever in your favour,” I bowed and ran as fast as I can. I could hear the walls echoing his shouts and I turned my head to see him running after me with a cute determined face. I smiled again and ran but I know that he would catch me.

 

While I was running, I stopped for a while and looked up at the see-through roof. The stars were twinkling and I smiled as I remembered Seunggwan’s promise. How will he get the star? I hope it’s soon. What the hell Eunbae?! He is not an astronomist!

 

"Yah! Eunbae!" Seunggwan's voice was getting nearer and he stopped beside me while he was panting. He looked like he was going to say something but before he could, I stopped him.

 

"Seriously? You named the bear GwanBae?" I teasingly asked and he widened my eyes at him. Before he could retort back, I put a peace sign beside my eyes and gave him an eye smile before running away.

 

"Yah! Jagiya!"

 

"I am not your Jagiya!"

 

I turned around and this time I was the one who was chasing him. I chased him like a bull around the mall and I am proud of myself. Good job me! Hehehe....


11/9/13: author's note - Hey guys! It's been a while huh? I'm sorry I haven't been updating. I was lazing around as always and there is this storm that hit the Philippines called the storm Yolanda in the Philippines but the international name is storm Haiyan. Good thing I live in Las Pinas, a place somewhere in the Philippines and it didn't rain that much here but the winds were strong and it kind of had a brown out but I still hope that people from the other part of the Philiipines like Cebu and Bohol since they were hit with a 7.1 or 7.3 magnitude earthquake.

 

Can't the storms and earthquakes wait for like a month?!

 

Well then, adios amigos~ Thank you!