Weight is Off My Shoulders

Opposite of My Ideal Type

EUNBAE'S P.O.V

“So, what’s our lesson in math? I forgot what the teacher was saying and just spaced out,” Eunjung chuckled while shaking her head left to right before looking at me. I turned to her with a big and sweet smile on my face while my eyes were bulging out. I blinked at her thrice before answering.

 

“That is a very interesting question, a very interesting question indeed. We learned about polygons today and do you know what a polygon means? Do you want me to repeat it for you? Because I think you were thinking about someone too much that you were spacing out,” I ended with a tilt of my head before started studying for my Science exam. It wasn’t studying actually, it was a method of studying called ‘look at your book and pretend you’re reading’ method.

 

“Uhh…okay,” I growled while I was still looking at my book. I kept on thinking about what happened yesterday. I have an exam later in the afternoon and all I could think about is about Eunjung and Seunggwan. I huffed out of frustration and tried to study for my subject. I was getting in the zone into literally studying until someone had to interrupt.

 

“Eunbae, I’ll just borrow Eunjung for a while okay?” and there you have it, the main source of my frustration. Bu Seunggwan. I robotically looked up from my book and turned to him with a sick grin but there he is looking as innocent as possible like he didn’t do anything wrong. Actually he didn’t but he is making me so frustrated so I guess he did do something wrong.

 

“Oh sure, you have all the time in the world for her. Get to know each other better and maybe when I meet you two again, I caught you guys already kissing each other or we might all be best friends since my best friend is dating my other best friend and I can be the third wheel that can be ignored because your overly sickly in love with each other that no one can disturb you. Borrow her? You can get her, as long as I don’t see you—!” I pointed at Seunggwan, “—or you in my life anymore!” I pointed at Eunjung with fierce eyes.

 

“Good day to both of you!” I said in the most sarcastic way as possible before walking away. That felt actually good but now I don’t have any friends to hang out. Well, I don’t freaking care because they can date for all I care! Seunggwan is a freaking annoying bastard anyway and I hate hit to the guts!

 

“I hate you Seunggwan!” I shouted at the top of my lungs at the rooftop. I don’t even mind if someone thinks I am a crazy because I don’t even asked for their opinion. I ruffled my hair and kept on pulling it and pulling it. I didn’t know that Seunggwan can have this much effect on me. He used to be always by my side but now he is like somebody that I used to know.

 

Okay, I just used a line in a song.

 

“This is what you are going to do Eunbae, at this point you won’t care anymore. You’re just going with the flow. Whatever happens, happens,” I forced a smile but as I kept on smiling, I started smiling for real now. I breathed out a sigh of relief before going back downstairs. It was already my last class but we were eventually not doing anything so I just decided to skip it.

 

“Why am I even like this in the first place?” I muttered to myself as I kept my head hung low.

 

Bad choice

 

I bumped into someone who immediately screamed with the highest pitch that I think Mariah Carey couldn’t even perfect yet. I bit my lip and looked up to see Minah looking at me with hard eyes.

 

“What is wrong with you?! The last encounter was also when you spilled juice on me!” she yelled at me with all her might that I had to wince since I think my ears couldn’t take it anymore. I got some coins inside my pocket and gave it to her.

 

“Go to the nearest laundry shop and have a dry clean there,” I got her hands and placed the coins in the palm of my hand. I walked away but I think she threw the coins since it at least two landed on the back of my head and some on my back pack.

 

“You think I can’t pay for my own? You are just one filthy poor girl and maybe you’re just jealous of me. You’re jealous,” I could imagine her smirking right now so I turned around and glared at her but she seemed unfazed by my stare. I shook my head before giving a smirk back myself. Two can play in a game like this .

 

“Me? Jealous of you? Bless your delusional heart,” I said with a sarcastic tone but again she doesn’t mind it. She walked closer to me and closer until she was just right in front of me. She smirked once again before focusing on me. She was tall for me and I had to look up since she had heels on. I don’t know why girls who are popular has to have heels on when they go to school. Like, what the hell? Like, I hope you trip and die and resurrect and die again because of your heels.

 

“Ah, I get it. Did you notice that Eunjung and Seunggwan is hanging out a lot lately. Oh here they come now,” she looked at their direction and yeah, they were hanging out. They seemed to be n an intense conversation right now that I mentally cheered since I think they will break up but when I saw Seunggwan held her hand and started pleading using his puppy eyes that only uses on me, I started killing these two in my own head.

 

“Nice, your crush already has a girlfriend. Are your feelings crushed already?” she snickered at me and turned to walk away but before that, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back with much force. I kicked her knee and she sat on the ground in pain. I cracked my knuckled but I wouldn’t beat up this because I wouldn’t stoop down that low.

 

“Crushes are stupid, liking people is stupid and feelings are stupid!” I spat my saliva on the ground beside her and she cringed in disgust. I heard someone calling my name and saw that it was Eunbae. I rolled my eyes and strutted away before we can talk. I am just really in a bad mood right now that I don’t want to talk to anyone.

 

“Yah! Why are you leaving me?! I didn’t do anything!” Eunbae yelled at me and that already broke my patience. If this was an animation, smoke is already coming out of my ears and nose already and my eyes were bloody red.

 

“Oh yeah? Hanging out with my other best friend? Yeah that’s cool, ignoring me like I am not there? Yeah that’s fine either? Dating my best friend? Well, let me see, that is crossing the line! You know that he is my best friend and I don’t want to lose him right?! And now you are dating him! Just run back to him and didn’t I repeat myself? I don’t want to see your face!” I yelled ferociously but before I ran away she started talking.

 

“YAH! BIRTHDAY GIRL! If YOU DON’T WANT SEUNGGWAN’S HARDWORK! THEN DON’T GO TO THE BEACH WHERE YOU WENT TO AS KIDS! YOU ARE SO FORGETFUL THAT YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW YOUR OWN BIRTHDAY! Yes, you’re right, Seunggwan has been paying attention to me because I am helping him plan your birthday party now, why don’t you go and find him before I drag you there myself—Oof!”

 

I immediately attacked her with one big hug and she responded by hugging me back too.

 

“Thank you so much! And I am so sorry that I shouted at you and said things about you and Seunggwan dating—“

 

“Yeah, why the heck do you think that I would be dating that unicorn?” she asked me with sadness in her voice. I chuckled at her before hugging her tightly than ever, “Yeah yeah, I know you love me now go, to your precious Seunggwan,”

 

“We’re just friends,” I corrected her but she looked at me with a yeah-right look and I looked back at her with a yes-way look. She laughed at me before hugging me again. I sighed in relief as I felt the weight on my shoulders being lifted up. I could finally breathe again.

 

“Go, you jealous girl,”

 

“I am not jealous!”

 

“See? You are denying it,”

 

“Yes! Because I am not his girlfriend!”

 

“I didn’t say anything about you dating Seunggwan,”

 

“GAAHH!”

 


11/26/13 - author's note:  Hello everyone! It has been six days since I haven't updated and I am very sorry. I don't know if this is a long chappie but I think for me it is but I don't know to you fellow readers. Thank you all for subscribing and I hope you all upvote this story and also please comment! I don't want to see anyone not commenting and I don't want comments that only say 'please update author-nim"  arasso? Thank you! And Goodnight! Or Goodmorning! Or good afternoon to all of you! :DDDDDDD