A Small Misunderstanding with Reunion

Opposite of My Ideal Type

EUNBAE’S P.O.V

“Pick up, pick up,” I kept on muttering to myself but I just heard the familiar technic voice that always happen when no one picks up or it takes long to ring. I dropped my phone onto the couch and just decided to go to his house myself. I wore a purple poka dotted jacket that had a turtle neck. It was a little cold from the rain awhile ago.

 

“Eomma, I’ll go to Seunggwan’s house for a while okay?” I heard a faint answer but I was sure that it was a yes. I went out of the door and jogged towards his house. Our house wasn’t far away from each other so it was fine.

 

“Seunggwan! I need to talk to you! It’s very—Oh, hi,” I was about to bang my hand on the door but the door opened and (what I didn’t expect) Minjung came out with her jacket and in her right hand she was holding her umbrella.

 

“What…What are you doing here?” I gritted my teeth together as I was glaring at her. I sighed heavily while I was still busy murdering her in my mind. What was she even doing here anyway? If she did anything, I swear—

 

“To break your train of thoughts girl, I did not do anything to Seunggwan,” she smiled at me and my mouth almost gaped open because I have never seen her that nice to me. She walked away but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back before she could go.

 

“What do you want now?”

 

“I want to know what you are doing here in Seunggwan’s house?” I told her with clenched teeth and she wrenched her wrist out of my grasp but I didn’t mind. I only want to know what she as doing here. If it wasn’t against the law I would’ve killed her right then and there but too bad, there are rules and regulations in this world.

 

“We just hang out because you broke your promise and I was there to comfort him. Here’s some advice, why don’t you go in that house and apologize instead of arguing with me?” she smartly told me before walking away. She was right and I dashed inside the house.

 

“Seunggwan!” I yelled as I saw him sitting in the couch watching TV. I bit my lip and walked towards him. I touched his shoulder but he just flinched away from me but continued watching. I never broke his promise and I have never seen him even being sad. I knew how to say sorry to a person but to Seunggwan, it was a challenge for me.

 

“Seunggwan, I am really sorry, okay? Can you please forgive me? I have never ever broke your promise and this was just one time. Please forgive me,” I pouted and did a little aegyo here and there but only a little just to break down his imaginary wall.

 

“You do know that I hate people who break my promises,” I heard him whisper as he was looking lifelessly at the TV. I had no choice, I had to do it. I sat with him on the couch, hugged his arm and leaned my head on his shoulder.

 

“I am really sorry Seunggwan. I was just caught up with my time with Hansol—“

 

“So you were with Hansol?” he asked me as he removed his arm from me holding it. Normal people would just take situations like this lightly but for Seunggwan, you do know how stubborn he is and how weird he can be.

 

“Well yeah, you got a problem?” I asked him with an unsure voice but he just looked at me like I was the worst thing in the world, “Who is more important?” he asked me as he stood up and looked at me. I puffed up my cheeks and shook my head at him. He was getting on my nerves but I reminded myself that I am here to say sorry.

 

“I thought I was more important than him! I was there in the rain looking for you but you didn’t show up! I thought you were hurt! I thought that you might’ve been killed! I thought you were sick! But I just knew now that you were with that tofu guy!” if there was a conversation like this, mostly people would get mad because of the words and everything but I didn’t.

 

“You do know that you sound like a whining jealous child you know?” I kept in my laugh and he huffed and crossed his arms.

 

“You’re such a whiny child Seunggwan,” I told him as I went near him. He looked away but I removed his arms from his chest and hugged him. I didn’t want to hug him but I wanted my best friend back. Even though he is annoying and childish, he is still my best friend.

 

“I can cry a river right now,” I heard his voice as he lightly hugged me. I chuckled and looked at him. His lips were slightly pouting and I almost had an urge—wait! Almost okay? Almost had an urge to just kiss him—Okay that’s enough.

 

“Don’t cry me a river. Cry me a bucket full of popcorn and two tickets to a movie?” I joked with him and he smiled a little.

 

“Come on! Where is that rainbow headed unicorn dwarf that I met when we were kids?” I asked him sarcastically and he laughed this time. I grinned at him before dragging him out of his house. I wanted to make it up to him. I seriously wanted to. We went to the bus stop and he was still quiet.

 

The bus arrived and I let him sit beside the window (even though I wanted to sit there) and looked around.

 

“Don’t you always want to stay near the window?” he asked me but I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

 

“You love that seat too and I want to apologize so—Whoah!” I felt him lift me up and I was instantly beside the window. I looked at him with a playful angry gaze and he just shrugged at me with a smile, “Couldn’t help it. I know what are your likes and dislikes,” he made his eyebrows go up and down and I laughed at him. He was slowly turning into the Seunggwan I knew.

 

“Were here, dumbo,” I flicked his forehead and I went out before him. I glanced around the familiar street until Seunggwan was beside me, “Come on, I want to show you something,” I held his wrist and dragged him but I didn’t feel him move from his spot. I turned around but I felt his hand held mine.

 

“You keep on pulling me everywhere while holding my wrist and it’s hurting. Just hold my hand okay?” he tilted his head down and looking at me with cute eyes before he is the one who was pulling me. I was lost for words and I felt myself blushing. I slapped my face with my free hand.

 

“Yah, Eunbae-ah, what’s happening to you?” I muttered to myself before breathing in and out and putting back what I felt a while ago.

 

“So…where are we going?” Seunggwan cheerfully asked and I brought him inside the ice cream parlor. We always used to eat ice cream when we were young and I wanted to bring those memories back with him. I heard the familiar ‘ding’ of the bell and next, we were already in front of the counter.

 

“I’ll have strawberry ice cream while he will have chocolate ice cream,” the girl nodded and once she told me the price. I removed my hand from Seunggwan’s and got my wallet inside my pocket. I got the right amount but then when I gave it to the cashier she didn’t accept it and continued to attend the other customer.

 

“Here’s you ice cream,” Seunggwan handed me my ice cream and went out of the ice cream parlor. I tilted my head at his direction before smiling. I also exited the store and ound him just standing there, eating the ice cream.

 

“You know, I should’ve been the one who will pay—“

 

“Nope. I forgive you already and thanks for the ice cream. Now, to the mall!” he pointed his finger to the sky and started running in the wrong direction.

 

“Seunggwan! You’re going the wrong direction!” I yelled as he ran back to me.

 

“I knew that,” he saluted cutely before running to the right direction with his ice cream in his hand. I chuckled at him before running after him before he might bump into someone and cause trouble. Well, that was the Seunggwan I knew and I got him back!

 


10/30/13 - author's note: Hello guys! I decided to just make them together again since I feel bad for them and I feel bad for myself since I haven't een updating for awhile now and school is very near now. I have to go to school again on November 4 and I haven't finished my project yet and didn't do my homework yet. *sigh* I hate schoola and love it at the same time! Whyyyy????!!!!