Chapter 7

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 7:  Two Halves

 

 

DING!

 

 

From the market to their penthouse, he held her hand all the way home. “Oh young master, I didn’t know you guys were out. Your father gave us permission to cook your meals while your stay here at the penthouse. They are worried if you and young miss are getting the nutrients needed so they request our presence here.”

The Yan butler look over to see Ying Jie quivering. “Miss. Ying Jie, are you cold?”

When the butler asked that, the Wu butler quickly rush over to check her temperature.

“What happened?” He asked, hoping to get a reply from her but there was silence.

“When we were down at the market, we saw a notice on the wall that says to beware of a kidnapper. The police is currently on a look-out for a kidnapper that was kidnapping children.” Aaron said flatly as he put the bags on the kitchen counter.

“Miss...” Wu butler whispered as Gui tightened her grip on Aaron’s hand.

“We’re home.” Aaron quietly said but she wouldn’t let go. “Aren’t you going to let go!?”

“Young master!” Butler Yan cried out at his young master’s sudden harsh tone.

“I don’t want to...” Gui responded as butler Wu stare at her for a moment before looking up to meet the eyes of Aaron.

“Excuse me for just a moment.” Butler Wu stated as he lean in to whisper something in Ying Jie’s ear. If it was like medicine to her, it worked. So when butler Wu straighten his posture, Ying Jie instantly released his hand and in a minute, she smiled.

“Did you bring my other suitcase? I cannot attend school without it.”

“Yes, I did bring it. I took the liberty to place your suitcase in your room.”

“Good...”

Ying Jie sighed as she remembered why she went down to the market for, to cook dinner.

“Butler Wu, do you remember that fried rice recipe you taught me? I will be the chef for tonight and I want you to be my assistant.”

“Yes, miss.” The butler replied as they took out the products they brought one by one.

 

While they did, Aaron stared at the Ying Jie, something bothered him. Why did she react that way? Is there something wrong? What happened? What did that butler say to bring her back to reality? What on earth is going on?

 

“Should I be worried?”

Aaron thought as he scratch his head, sitting down on the chair that was in the kitchen. Like a mind reader, Gui answered the question. “Nothing, what is there to worry about?” Ying Jie asked him as she concentrate on chopping the vegetables.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, there is nothing to worry about. I’m fine, see!”

Gui flashed him a smile, a goofy smile that made him nod his head in agreement. “That’s good, then there is no need to worry.”

“I’m fine.”

“Good, I’m going to take a shower.” Aaron said as he went into his room without looking back.

 

Secrets, everyone has them. It’s a secret because they don’t want anyone to know. Secrets can come in all sizes, big or small, gigantic or tiny, each individual secret has its down and ups. It is up to the holder to choose whether or not to release that secret out.

But no matter what secret it was, shouldn’t he know about it? Wait– Wait a minute, it’s her secret, why is he suddenly bothered by it? He is no one special to her so why should he know?

“I’m going to take a long, looonng shower~” Aaron took off his top and hopped into the shower.

Give Aaron approximately 30 minutes to 50 minutes, he will be out of the shower looking fresh and y.

 

Once Aaron came out of the shower with only a towel around his waist, he heard Ying Jie call out to him that the food was ready and if that wasn’t enough, he heard a knock on the door and whoever it was, that person came in.

“What is it? I already heard you that the food is–”

Aaron stop to see that it wasn’t Ying Jie who came into his room but her butler who came in.

“What is it?” He asked as he dug into his suitcase.

The butler responded to his irritation with warmth, “Young man, it would be better if you start unpack your suitcase.”

“It’s only 6 months. To me, 6 months go by pretty quickly.”

“Well, then you better start making use of that time.”

“What do you have to say? You came in here, closed the door behind you and came into my room. It’s something important right? That’s why you came in here.”

“Indeed, you are a smart man so I will get to the point. I heavily advise you not to bring young miss down to the market anymore. When she was little, her little brother and young miss was involved in a kidnapping incident when they were 6 years old.”

 

It came out unexpected.

 

When butler Wu said that, Aaron stop for a split second then he went back to what he was doing. On the outside, it might seem like he didn’t care but on the inside, he was listening to his words carefully. Of course, Butler Wu could tell where the young man’s mind was really at so he continued, knowing that Aaron was listening.

“There will be times when she will recall her past memories and when she does, she will be in shock. So to snap her out of it, her brother would hold her hand so that she would go back to sleep. Although he isn’t here right now, that role has been given to you now.”

“I thought I needed to say something to her just like what you did to calm her down, just a couple of minutes ago. Holding her hand is a little too much for us because she doesn’t want anything to do with me so tell me, verbally, what do I have to say to her to calm her down?”

“I only told Miss. Ying Jie a message that her brother wanted me to pass onto her.”

“What happened to the kidnapper?”

“He was caught and put behind bars.”

“I see.” Aaron whispered, a bit relieved to hear that the kidnapper was caught. “So from now on, please refrain yourself from going down to the market.”

Butler Wu stated as he excused himself and walked out of the room, leaving Aaron alone to absorb and contemplate.

 

“FOOD’S READY!”

He could hear her voice penetrate through the closed door, once again. Rubbing his temple, he deeply sighed as he got up and prepare himself to go out.

“What took you so long? The food is going to get cold! No cross that out, it’s already cold.” Ying Jie cried out as she re-heated their food one plate at a time.

As soon as she did, she glance over to see Butler Yan and Butler Wu get up to bid their farewells to them. “If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to call either Butler Wu or I.” Butler Yan state as they walked out of the penthouse.

 

Once they were left alone, the house became quiet with only the two of them.

“Let’s eat!” She shouted out in happiness as Aaron stare at the nicely made fried rice in front of him.

“I cooked this, of course, with the help of butler Wu but you can still eat it.” Ying Jie said as she watch him take his first bite. “See, it’s good!”

“WOW it is good! What’s the secret ingredient?”

 

Gui smiled as she put her finger on her lips, “It’s my little secret.” She whispered playfully as she continued eating.

“You seem to have a lot of secrets.” Aaron whispered as Gui caught his statement.

She didn’t know how they got into this topic but one way or another, she doesn’t have anything to hide since she promised herself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter