[S2] Chapter 4.1

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finally, it's first part one since I began season two (woohoo)!! I am floored and absolutely giggling my sillies away as I write and introduce a new couple that will be joining us in ESE. Obviously our hearts are tightened becasue of what happen last chapter and I will get to what happens to our heartwrencing guilun (soon!). -what's gonna happen to our guilun?- / -what will aaron do?- But before we do, as cal and genie tackle wedding planning, I want to bring a fresh, new couple into ESE. Who needs spice when I can sugar-coat instead? Although the picture up there ^-^ might've gave it away... Anywho lets not waste time and get on with it!

a.n

 

 

CHAPTER 4.1: Compelled

 

 

‘Augh’ He got out of bed with a groan and but it wasn’t until he stood up straight―then the migraine hit him hard.

“Hey baby, can you hand me my bag?” He picked up the girls handbag and left it by the bathroom door. He didn’t even bother looking to see if she opened the door to grab it because he decided to take care of his appearance first before getting started with anything else. In a swift move, he scooped up his clothes and placed it on. Without further delay, he walked to the table to leave his number and a note before leaving the room.

It wasn’t in his best interest to stay and get acquainted with his one night stands; it was always wake up and go; that’s how it has always been. It’s a one night stand after all, he came into the club looking for a good time and she partied next to him the majority of the night―like glue. There was no harm in flirting is there? She flirted and he simply returned the favor. They hit it off… exceptionally well. So this explains why he is now walking out of his fun the next morning with the clothes from his last night’s rendezvous; his shirt still smelled like alcohol, cologne and sweat but that was the least of his worries.

He stares at the elevator floor lowering the lift down to the lobby.

He wasn’t a man who took pleasure waking up early in the morning but when his answered his call earlier, his father wanted to speak with him about taking over the family business. He knows a lot of rich folks (like him) who made it their goal to inherit their family business but in his agenda, he never took it seriously. He had it all, a masters in the arts of culinary, aced all his classes with honors and to top it off, he was featured in Times magazine as one of the youngest, hottest new chefs in the city. Although he had all the credentials, he was always preoccupied with his own lifestyle that he never gave it more than a day’s thought.

When he heard the elevator reach the floor he wanted, he threw on his sunglasses and walked out of the lift only to get a phone call from an unknown number.

“Hel―”

“YOU ! DO I LOOK LIKE A E TO YOU?! I DON’T WANT YOUR DAMN MONEY!” He heard a ripping sound. “I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER! SO STAY AWAY OR ELSE I AM GOING TO THROW YOU INTO RIVER OR I MAY DROWN YOU, YOU CHOOSE! SO DO NOT LET ME SEE YOU !”

He stared blankly at the call for a moment before smirking. Thank god it was a one night stand; hell will break lose if she was more than just a one-night―enough said. He stuffs his hands into his pockets and walked out of the hotel like he was a model, he made heads turn. Anyone who was entering and leaving the hotel can’t help but look his way.

“Is that him?” One by-passer asked. “It looks like him.” One answered.

He was about to inquire what they were talking about but his ride pulled up, talk about coincidence. He stares at his ride and smiles, walking into the car without inquiring about what they were trying to say.

“Hey Jiro, did you have a good time?” Jiro leaned back and arched his neck back. His assistant continued to speak to him while he goes through his schedule. “Oh and Calvin told me to let you know that he is getting engaged, you weren’t answering his messages or calls so he wanted to pass this message to you.”

Jiro cranes his head back in place and smirks, taking off his sunglasses. “I know, I just read the messages and the voice message he left me in the elevator.”

“Great and if you haven’t checked already, the feature you did last week is out.” Jiro took the magazine and skim through the pages. “Looks like they couldn’t wait any longer to release your interview.” He tosses the magazine aside and leaned back, enjoying the rest of his ride in silence. “Wake me up in a bit.”

Not even 1 minute in, SCREEEEEEECCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

“WHAT THE HELLL?!?@??”

“Sorry boss but we are experiencing a―”

Jiro got out of the car and took a glance at the scene someone caused. To say that he wasn’t entertained is right. Jiro took a glimpse at the girl freaking out over a couple of mushed boxes on the road. He rubbed the back of his head and deeply sighs, “Move lady, my day cannot be wasted like this.” The lady looks over to Jiro, flabbergasted at his attitude. “YOU GUYS SHOULD APOLOGIZE! I HAVE TO MAKE A DELIVERY AND YOU GUYS CRASHED INTO MY CAR!”

Jiro’s assistant came out and bowed. “We are deeply sorry for your loss but―”

“I WANT SOME COMPENSATION!” Then someone came out from the girl’s side with a frown. “OH NO, WHAT THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW? THESE CAKES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE IT FOR THE PARTY!”

The girl crossed her arms; she didn’t look like she was going to go away like this. So Jiro scanned the scene, taking note of the bakery’s logo on the boxes. They were bakers? He was at a loss for words.

“Do you know who I am?” Jiro asked. The guy from the girl’s side held the girl back but she stepped forward. Was she brave or stupid? Jiro shrugged the thought out momentarily but in his eyes, she looked like she was too stubborn for her own good. “Does it look like I do?” He was right!

Jiro clicked his tongue, shocked that this girl was in the same field as he was… but she didn’t know who he was. For Christ sakes, he was even featured on Times magazine!

“I’ll ask you one more time; do you know who I am?” and again, she didn’t give a rat’s a.ss. “And for the last time, I don’t give a rats who you are so tell me, how are you going to compensate for this?!”

Then the guy from the girl’s side pulls her aside briefly. He cleared his throat and started talking in a quiet voice. Nevertheless, whatever they were saying, he could hear it.

“NO WAY, YOUR TELLING ME THAT HE―” The girl points at Jiro. “―IS THAT GUY? THE ONE FROM THE MAGAZINE YOU WENT ON ABOUT THIS MORNING AND TO ADD, YOU WERE IN HIS CLASS TOO?! NO WAY!”

The girl looks at the man and her jaws dropped. She couldn’t believe it, who could? This guy… who looks no more than 24 years old is the one who has been the talk of the town? With that attitude of his? How could he score that?

Jiro’s Assistant smiles. “As a matter of fact, what your co-worker said is correct. You are looking at the man who is one of the few who shaped Taiwan’s cuisine. Featured on Times, this is―” the man stepped forward and held out his hand. “Let’s start over, I’m Jiro Wang. I am big on forgiveness so I’ll let this slide.”

The girl looked at his hand and scoffed. Which caused Jiro to stare at her for a brief moment, anticipating her to return his hand but instead; she held her palm out to him. She didn’t take his hand, she didn’t look like she was asking for an introduction, and she didn’t even complete the simple steps of mannerism. Where the hell did she come from?

“How are you going to compensate?”

Jiro and his assistant’s jaws dropped. ‘What did she just say?’

Just in case if they didn’t hear it, she repeated herself. “How are you going to compensate for this Mr. Wang?” With more firmness in her voice.

 

 

.

.

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Jiro’s assistant shrugged as he put all his things down and smiled at Jiro’s pink-hearted apron. “It’s cute.”

Jiro was ready to throw the pans at his assistant when the girl came in; he set them back down and straightens his posture. Now seeing her in the work environment, she passed as a baker… but what about her skills? Jiro looked over to his assistant and the assistant knew; his boss was mentally regretting coming back already. To think this all happened within 24 hours was something his friends would laugh it, no scratch that―they will laugh.

“You are going to be my assistant so follow my lead.”

Jiro’s Assistant laughs, never in his mind would he imagine his boss allowing this type of treatment. Surely he works as a team but he has always been a leader; it was in his blood. He likes being front stage and the attention is what kept him going through his career.

“You are dead.” He hissed over at his assistant who shrugs, stepped back as he watches his boss sift flour.

“I can’t believe I have a chance to see this again… It has been… 6 years since I last seen Jiro in person…. He hasn’t changed… If anything, he is better…”

Jiro’s assistant looks over at the co-workers who were watching Jiro bake. “I can’t believe this! Jiro Wang is in our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter