Chapter 22

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 22: A Clean Slate

 

 

 

Genie and Gui walk into their school library and sat down in one of the table. But before either of the girls begin working on their homework, Gui and Genie look up to see two boys around their age at their table.

“Are you Genie and Gui?”

“Yes... I am...” Genie faintly responded only to see them grab her wrist. “W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

“There is something he wants you and your friend to see.”

“Who? Why can’t he come over to us? Tell him to come here!”

“But–” He was interrupted by the librarian who madly stomped her way over to them. “ALL OF YOU, OUT OF MY LIBRARY!”

As they watch the doors to the library close behind them, Genie and Gui eyes widen at the sudden turn of events. They were kicked out of the library for causing a ruckus for other students who were studying quietly.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Genie cursed under her breath as she turn to look at the two boys who was led them over to the part of the school where it was rumoured where the popular kids hang out.

When Genie and Gui started having a funny feeling in their stomach, they immediately start to swirm. They have fully caught the weird vibe that was creeping in and once they finally know where they were headed, they spoke up.

“We cannot be here... This area is–“

“We are here.”

A boy interrupted Gui as they squint their eyes, adjusting their vision to see a scene where their stomaches twist and turn. This part of the school was known to be where the popular kids hang out and that’s why no one really comes to this part of the school. Let alone Gui and Genie who weren’t part of their social crowd, they weren’t even social butterflys.  

As they adjust their eyes, as vividly as her blurred vision was, she caught George making his way over to them. He took her by the hand and made his way over to Li Quan who was still trying to deal with the situation he had been replaying over and over in his mind. How does one begin to apologize for the things he laughed at? Where does he begin? Everything was at his disposal but because of these two girls standing before him, his time of fun games suddenly came to a halt.

Who were they?

Why were Calvin, Wu Chun, Aaron and Jiro so keen on him apologizing to them?

Who are they really?

Gui look up to see the grand oak tree that was rumoured to be the oldest tree in their school. True to rumours, Gui could see how old, rusty but beautiful the tree stood tall and grand. How beautiful it is.

Tuning their attention back to the situation, they saw Xiao Man and Li Quan sitting side by side with their pack of friends as they watch with much curioustiy as to why Gui and Genie are standing on par with them.

“What are they doing here?” One of Xiao Man’s friend asked as she shrug, questioning it as well. “Geroge, why did you bring them here?”

George look over to Li Quan who was in the midst of debating with his inner self, should he do it or should he leave it be?

 “...W–Why am I here?” It was Gui’s turn to ask George only for him to turn his attention to Li Quan. “Well, what are you waiting for? Do it.” George urged Li Quan to do something in a tone of voice that was more firmer than a command, but that wasn’t the most surprising event that happened.

"George, coach wants to see you."

"What does he want to say?"

"All he says is that he wants you to see him in his office."

George telepathically apologize to Gui and Genie before walking away quickly.

After George left the scene, one thing led to the next and it came as a shock to everyone. Gui’s eyes widen while Genie gasped at the sight before them. Li Quan has always done things on a whim but this, this was different.

“OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Xiao Man cried out as everyone around them began to murmur.

Gui look down to see Li Quan drop to his knees in front of her.

 

‘What is this?’

 

“I am... sorry for treating you how I did at the party.”

Li Quan bite his lips and cursed under his breath, agitated that he have to do this in broad daylight and thinking about his image... It’s probably going to shatter to a million pieces.

“Just forgive me okay? I said I was sorry so this should be fine.” Li Quan got back up, dusting the dirt off his pants. “I APOLOGIZED OKAY?!” Li Quan called out, loud and clear. But for who to hear?

“Geez.” Li Quan whisper as he look over to Xiao Man whose eyes were blazing with flames.

He was about to flee from the scene but the Xiao Man didn’t want to let this go. She wanted to get to the bottom of it, no matter how heroic his actions appear to be, it didn’t sit well in her stomach. Who were they to do this to him? Is he insane? Why the hell did he do this to himself? To his reputation?

She didn’t give any time to recollect her thoughts as she walk over to Gui, staring at her furiously.

“AND WHO ARE YOU TO DO THIS TO LI QUAN? WHO ARE YOU B!TCH? ANSWER ME!” Xiao Man push Gui back only to have Genie push her back in return. “I thought I gave you guys my warning?!”They were both hard-headed girls so neither of them are going to yield. “TEELL ME B!TCH, THAT YOU JUST WANT SOME ATTENION AND THAT’S WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS TO US.”

“Xiao Man, we didn’t so anything!” Rage, fury and disappointment was written all over Xiao Man’s beautiful face.

No one was brave enough to stand up to her, let alone talk back.

Xiao Man glared at Genie, wondering where this heroism bullsh!t came from. Enough time was spent pondering so it was now time to strike, she went over and smack Genie’s face. But only to find her hand did not smack the one person she hoped, it was Gui who push Genie away just in time.

“DO NOT MAKE ME MAD, YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ME MAD.” One of Xiao Man’s friend restrained Gui and Genie back as the girl smirked happily. “I thought you know better than to pick me as your opponent. I guess you didn’t... or is it because you don’t want to?”

Her lips curve into a smile as she got back up, straightening herself. “I am your queen-bee Xiao Man.”

“And because we are soo nice, we will let you off gently this one time.” Xiao Man raise her hand, preparing to do the same thing to Genie as she did with Gui, preparing for the same impact as before. Xiao Man can feel the aftermath of slap but she didn’t care, the thrill of it was exciting enough to forget the sting but instead, the feel of the adrendeline.

Genie close her eyes tightly as Xiao Man’s hand came down.

 

And the sound of that slap was louder than before.

 

Gui’s glasses flew out and landed on the ground.

 

“OH MY GOD! GUI ARE YOU OKAY?!” Gui had taken the blow for Genie which set everyone back. “W–W–WHY DID Y–YOU DO THAT B!TCH?!”

“GUI! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! GUI!”

“Genie is my friend... My only friend... SO STOP FOOLING AROUND AND GET REAL XIAO MAN. YOU CAN HAVE LI QUAN, WE DON’T LIKE HIM SO HE’S ALL YOURS.”

“AND WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHO IS MINE AND WHO ISN’T? LITTLE B!TCH, KNOW YOUR STATUS!”

Xiao Man yelled out as she look at Gui and Genie furiously. No one has the guts to say that to her, no one; except for these two girls. Which irritated her, for one, their sudden outburst was probably to due to the fact thay they see her as a threat. But nonetheless, she needed to put these two in their rightful place.

Xiao Man was about to grab their collars when one of her girl friends begin to swoon, like fan-girls at a Show Luo concert.

‘Who the heck is making that noise?’

Xiao Man stare at her friend in disbelief. “What? I can’t help it!” Her friend responded as she  point in the direction. Curious as to who rained on their little moment, Xiao Man turn around to see a group of boys head in their direction.

Genie didn’t notice Aaron and his friends walking over to them because all she could think about was how Xiao Man step on Gui’s glasses on the ground caused by that slap—she looked like a hot mess. Her hair was all over the place and her cheeks was beaming red.

“OH MY~ WHO DO WE HAVE HERE~!” Xiao Man squealed in a cute voice that sent shivers down Genie and Gui’s spine. “YOU BOY’S DON’T GO TO THIS SCHOOL RIGHT? WOULD YOU LIKE A TOUR– Huh? Where are you going?”

They walk past her.

No words can describe how irritated she was, when they walked past her like she was nothing, it felt her whole world had stopped. ‘NO ONE TREATS XIAO MAN LIKE THIS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.’

When she turned around, she felt like her world has taken a step back and the next thing she knew, she watch the four boys make their way to Gui and Genie.

‘What is this? Are they blind? Don’t they know I am the queen-bee here? Obviously, someone needs to bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter