Chapter 5

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 5: Like Cat and Dogs

 

 

 

“THANK YOU FOR COMING OVER SO QUICKLY!”

Genie cried out as she grabbed her entire wardrobe and displayed it on the bed. Genie had been going through her entire closet since she woke up, trying to find the perfect outfit to where for her date. But no matter how many combinations she tried to put together, she couldn’t make up her mind.

“THIS IS SOO HARD! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? ALL I WANT IS A GOOD DECENT OUTFIT, I HAVE TRIED SINCE 7 A.M. AND I STILL CAN’T SEEM TO FIND THE PREFECT DOWN-TO-EARTH OUTFIT TO WEAR! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? GUI GUI, WHAT AM I–”

Gui Gui smiled happily as she tried to calm her down.

“CALM DOWN! WE WILL FIND YOU THE PERFECT OUTFIT FOR THIS DATE OF YOURS! And speaking of date, who is this lucky guy? You still haven’t tell me who this guy is! C’mon, SPILL! WHAT IS HE LIKE, DO I KNOW HIM? DOES HE–”

“GUI! Calm yourself!” Genie and Gui stared at each other and started to laugh at their silliness. “So who is this guy?”

“Gui, hurry and help me find the perfect outfit! He is going to come by anytime now!” They glance at the time, “SEE, IT IS NOON AND I HAVEN’T EVEN GOT MY OUTFIT PICKED OUT!”

“Okay Okay, let’s focus on what you are going to wear for this date with this mysterious man of yours.”

Gui examined each outfit as she looked over to the anxious Genie beside her.

“What did he say? Did he say to dress down-to-earth?” Genie nodded and Gui smiled. “What do you think about this...”

Gui reach over to grab a pair of clothes and held it in front of Genie.

“What’cha think about this?” Gui asked as Genie stared at her baby blue striped short-sleeve shirt paired up with her jean shorts as Gui suddenly grabbed her translucent white cardigan. 

“Mission accomplished.” Gui said as she pushed her glasses up.

“THANK YOU SO MUCH GUI!” Genie cried out in happiness as she grabbed the outfit and dashed into her washroom to change into them.

“I’m glad to help.”

 

While Genie was prepping herself in the washroom, Gui took the time to put all of Genie’s clothes back into her wardrobe before sitting on her bed.

“So spill, who is this guy?”

“He is someone we met.”

“Someone we met? Who? Who did we met recently?”

“You’ll see who he is when he gets here but Gui, as your friend, I am worried about you.”

“About me?”

“Yeah, how is it living with him? I thought that since your parent’s pick him, they must love him. Otherwise why would they put you and him together? I mean we are still in school, but anyways, how are you? Are you and Aaron getting along?”

“Me and him? Getting along? I guess so. When I woke up this morning, I was planning on asking him if he wanted breakfast but when I knocked on his door, no one answer. So I opened the door to see an empty room, he must’ve went out. So in conclusion, I ate breakfast alone. To be honest, from day one, we have been arguing but I guess it’s because we are two different people living two separate lives. You know how I feel about people who play girl’s feelings. I hate players and now that he knows that, I hope he maintains his distance. I made it clear to him that I do not want him cross any lines. As well, we will respect each other’s privacy.”

“Gui... “

“I know you want to say something, say it.”

“Do not blame me for saying this but since you are my best friend, I can say this to you.”

“Genie, just say it.”

“I am on the same boat as you, I hate players as well but even if they are players, they are still people with feelings and emotions. From my eyes, you are treating him like some sort of disease that needs to be contained so Gui, stop. Just like us, players have feelings too. I don’t hate the fact that you hate players but it is how you deal with them makes me a little worried about you two. With my keen eyes, Aaron seems like a nice guy. Even if he is a player, I think he is a nice guy.”

“So what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to give him a chance.”

“A chance?”

“Yes, a chance. Not every player is like Li Quan and do you want to know what I think?” Genie looked over to Gui and smiled. “I think you are scared of falling in love with him. That’s why you are keeping your distance from him! You don’t want to repeat what Li Quan did to you so that’s what you are backing away.”

“He is still a player who I will never fall in love with so do not worry about me.”

“Gui Gui...”

 

When Genie was about to talk, she heard the doorbell ring then a minute later, Xiao Yu ran into the room.

“JIE! IRON MAN IS HERE!”

Xiao Yu shouted out as Genie blushed, Gui who watched everything gasped.

“Iron Man... Iron Man? Xiao Yu called him Iron Man, GENIE! THAT’S THE GUY YOU HAVE A DATE WITH?”

As Gui watch Genie flush bright red, it was true. Genie’s date was one of Aaron’s circle of friends, Calvin Chen.

“OH GENIE~!” Genie smiled happily as she grabbed her purse, linked arms with Gui and walked out to greet Calvin.

“Why are you holding onto me?”

“I don’t want you to run away.”

“Runaway? Who is? Last time I checked, this was a date. Which means two people, a boy and a girl go on a–”

 

When Genie opened the door, she saw Calvin who was holding out a bouquet of tulips.

“Hi Genie!”

Calvin greeted her in a upbeat tone as he hand the flowers over to Genie who blushed a deeper colour of red.

Gui lips curve into a smile as she felt Genie’s grip got tighter.

“Okay Genie, you can let me go now. Your date has came so–” Gui stopped to see another person behind Calvin. “IT’S YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Gui’s shock was Genie’s happiness.

Calvin stepped over to Genie’s side as Aaron became the center of attention. Gui look over to Calvin and Genie who smiled happily at their successful plan.

“No No No, is this what I think it is?”

Gui look over to Aaron who was thinking just the same, so he stuff his hands in his pocket and started whistling to himself. “Genie!”

“Gui, just treat this as an opportunity to get to know each other!”

“No! With him? No. I do not want to. You cannot make me.” Aaron stopped whistling and glanced over to Gui. “Me too, I do not want to spend my Sunday with s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter