[S2] Chapter 10

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 10:  Consistency

 

 

“Does it make you mad? Furious? Don’t you hate him for putting you through this?!” Tia asked as she stares at her best friend. If she wasn’t feeling those things, Tia was. She felt betrayed, furious, and beyond all else, sad for Puff that she had to find out from the news. Aaron Yan, a bachelor has recently announced his marriage/engagement or whatever it is—he is off the market. And here is Puff, sulking about it. They met up at the coffee shop and ironically, it was raining.

There was a certain beauty in rain—the sound the rain makes the smell of the rain or was it the way the rain comes down? Whatever it was, it was beautiful.

Tia looked over to Puff as she stares at the magazine she was reading. Irritated, Tia grabs the magazine away and held it away from Puff who reflexively reached for it.

“Xue Fu…”

She settled down and sighs, drinking her warm cup of coffee before catching Tia saying her name again.

“I’m so angry at myself. I was the one who stayed beside him and the least I could do was tell him how I felt.”

Tia shakes her head, remembering the night Aaron called her out to comfort Puff. If anything, she did exactly what she sought out to do. She kissed the guy for heaven’s sake! It doesn’t get clearer than that.

“You took your chance Puff… It looks like Aaron is not your guy.”

“When you say it like that, you make it sound like I didn’t stand a chance.” Puff looks over to Tia who just smiles at her. Deep down, Tia knows that Puff had a slim chance of changing Aaron’s heart. After all, Aaron’s group off friends has told them about Aaron’s girlfriend and how madly in love he is with her. In this love triangle, no one is to blame. Tia was sure that there was a reason why Aaron choose to announce his engagement to the entire city—well, more like nationwide. “—Maybe your right Tia. I just have to find another guy right?”

Tia’s nods at Puff’s statement. 

“I don’t think he announced it nationwide… I think it’s more of a global thing—seeing how Aaron’s wife is Emma Wu, notorious fashion designer from Milan and daughter of Vi Wu and Mr. Wu, who works for TNB. And let’s not forget her brother, Danson who sits in his father’s seat at TNB. Her family is really something.” Puff whispers as she gulps down the caffeine. Tia sighs as she nods, recalling the magazine article and the news channel blasting every chance they got to announce Aaron’s and Emma’s love affair.

“I don’t know how to face him… I work with the guy for heaven’s sake!”

“I know a way to help with that!” Puff raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. “Well there’s always the popular travel or shop therapy, which one would you like to do?”

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Gui was walking around the mall with Genie three hours ago. She was extremely excited to see the florist she contacted a couple of days ago. There was no stopping her from doing what she wanted to for her wedding. Genie had left to go with Cal to see the venue and ceremony location and Gui wanted to hang around the mall for a bit before going back. The mall was dazzling as it was in her memory. She stares at the beautiful sculpture in the fountain and smiles. She hasn’t got the chance to relax; the days were busy with her upcoming runway line, Genie’s wedding dress, taking care of Kris and the media talking about her engagement to Aaron. Life couldn’t be more perfect. At this rate, everyone will know about her.

While Gui was in her own bubble, a man walked past her only to stop and do a double-take. He was standing roughly 180 cm, a cool-collected man who others would describe as devilishly handsome. He had to make a trip to the nearest coffee shop to get his daily cup of caffeine, he didn’t work at the mall but relatively close. He had to fly back to Taiwan because Rain had a meeting scheduled in Taiwan and he had to make a trip to get his guitar tuned. Some can argue about him wanting to come back for Rain while some can argue that there are those ‘coincidences’ that should be left unaccounted for.

He steps back and walked right up beside her. He wasn’t the type to linger so he stood beside her, sipping his cup of coffee, staring into the distance as he did, he looks over to her. ‘We meet again, what are the odds?’

 

 

Flashback

 

Mike looks at then T.V his colleagues were all listening in on. What could be more important to them than work? They had heaps of work loaded up and they were more interested in the news channel? What could it be talking about? So he looks up and listened to the anchormen talk on about current events. ‘They can read these things on the newspaper…’ Just when he was about to look away from the T.V, he looks back at the T.V to see they talk about Aaron.

 

“After winning the hearts of millions, looks like Taiwan will have to say goodbye to one more bachelor as Aaron Yan gets engaged to his long-time girlfriend Emma Wu. Aaron Yan is making it really hard for adoring fans to stay mad about his recent engagement isn't he? When we asked how he felt about breaking scores of hearts by proposing to fashion designer Emma Wu, he says, “In the sense that I made one person’s heart, the most important person happy, it’s tough for the fans but I’m really happy to say yes.” he told reporters earlier at Taiwan Daily. The restaurant marked the couple’s first public appearance since rumour broke on their engagement. The two families are excited to sound the wedding bells. With both Calvin Chen and Aaron Yan who announced their marriage, is there any more hearts that will be broken? Stay tuned, this is Elle reporting from Taiwan Daily.”

 

Mike looks at his colleagues and sighs, this was news. He looks over to his cell and noticed that he got an incoming call. So he left the office to answer the call from Rain. When he got off the call with Rain, he taps his phone on his chin and chuckles, “It looks like we are fated to see each other again.”

 

* * *

 

As the rain continues to pour, Mike un-zip his guitar case and took his guitar out. He began to play a couple of strings before making up his mind to play a musical number. He wasn’t the type of person to play in front of strangers because he thought this was a good hobby to keep behind close doors or whenever he is bored; a pastime. As the rain continues to pour, Gui listen to his playing in silence. He flashes his white pearls—his charming smile.

“My name is Mike.”

“I’m Emma Wu.”

“Since I know your name, I think we went beyond being strangers.”

“Then what do you call us?”

“Acquaintances.”

 

*HONK*HONK*

 

Calvin got out of the car and stare at the man carrying a guitar case. ‘Could it be?’ He was about to call out to him but when the man turned around, the two waved at each other, greeting one another like old friends. Mike then turn to Emma and chuckles, ‘it’s funny how small the world is.’

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Mike and Emma look at each other and he waited for her response. He remembers who she is, but would she? Given the circumstance they were in, it was more like a one-time walk past kind of thing. It took a moment for Gui to run through her memory, wondering why this man looked so damn familiar. Gui stares at the man for the longest time before knowing where in her memory her paths crossed with him.

“Hi, I remember you! You are—”

“Mike.” He responded in her place. “Congrats on your marriage by the way, it’s all over the news.” She smiles. “Where’s the groom-to-be? He couldn’t have possibly left you all alone.”

“No I insisted he go to work this morning. We both have lots of work we needed to do so I let him go.”

“That sounds good.”

“You know Aaron?”

Mike looks over to Gui and smiles. Right, he hasn’t told her how he is connected in all of this. He nods and gave her that charming smile of his. She laughs as she ran through her mind and found a whole list of people who flashed their smiles her way. She hasn’t kept track but from what she can gather, she’s lucky. She is surrounded by all these prince-like guys and if anyone who is boy-crazy would have a tinge of jealousy.

After chatting about life, aspirations, dreams and goals, Gui and Mike were off to a smooth start. They got to know each other and through endless topics that seemed to pop up from everywhere, it felt like this was a meet-up of two friends who didn’t see each other in years.

 

“Hey, sorry I’m late.”

Mike turns his head to the voice and smiles, greeting her shortly after. While Mike exchanged greetings with her, Gui froze and looked at the girl who appeared before them. She knew who she was, roughly two years passed them and in her case, beauty worked hand-in-hand with her. She was more mature, more elegant and beautiful—she’s none other than Rainie Yang, Aaron’s first love. If only he could see her now, she was even prettier then Gui remembered her to be.

Rainie was also left speechless, she never imagined that she would bump into her, the time and place was a surprise. Rain glanced over to Mike who just smiles.

“This is Rain, she is the girl who caught my heart and crushed it.” The girl named Rain elbowed him and smiles at Gui. “Don’t listen to him; I haven’t gotten the chance to congratulate you on your marriage to Aaron. Congratulations Emma, I know you two will be happy together.”

Rain was saying it from the bottom of her heart, she whole-he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter