Chapter 15.1

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 15.1: Importance

 

What is it about love that caught so many people in a bind? There are ones who fall into love and there are those who only receive heartbreak, when will this so-call love end?

 

 

 

TAIPEI

 

 

Rainie lift herself out of the cozy blanket to bend down, picking her dress off the floor, she disregarded last night.

She was still half-asleep by the time she made it over to the vanity to look at herself in the mirror. In her reflection, she took a deep, piercing gaze into her reflection before glancing over to the man still sleeping and in response, a playful smile grace her face. All she could remember from last night was that the two of them indulge themselves with bottle after bottle of alcohol, not once complaining about how much they were taking in and the after-math was certainly not a concern for them.

From the start, from the moment she laid her eyes on him on the dance floor to this point in time where she is finding herself getting out of bed in a hotel suite, she recalls absolutely nothing as her mind try to recover what she vaguely remembers. Was it the steps they took? The kisses? Or was it the endless flirtation it took to get them both to sleep with one another?

She smirked as her fingers slowly went to her back, searching for the zipper to her dress but to her surprise, she felt him behind her.

He was ‘awake,’ maybe suffering from an hangover but there is one thing they both are feeling; like her—he was still half asleep. Placing his chin on her shoulder and lean in, trapping her between his two arms.

“I hope you aren’t leaving without a goodbye.”

She could feel his lips as it made its way up to her neck. “Why don’t you stop teasing and tell me what it is you want.”

In a blink of an eye, he turn her around to face him. Catching the eyes of the women in front of him, he could see the playfulness he was seeking for—they were seeking for.

Why are boys so easy to command? Let alone be with, they are so easy that she almost felt guilty playing them like this.

The man look at her lips, touching her lips with his thumb. “I just want a simple farewell present.”

She eyed him cautiously while his eyes caught something interesting. He broke their gaze as he took a hard look at the ring that was dangling from the silver chain around her neck.

“Don’t tell me, are you cheating on your boyfriend?”

“What boyfriend?”

“The poor boy that gave you this.”

She knew he was indirectly asking about her past relationship but as slick as she was, there is no way she’s going to spill nor does she plan to.

“I thought I have given you all you wanted last night. Don’t tell me you are craving for more.”

“Well isn’t the princess full of herself.” He whisper seductively as she felt his hand on her bra. “Why don’t you undo the strap?”

“You don’t think I will?”

“I dare you.”

She whispered seductively into his ear and to her surprise, he only responded her invitation with a grin as he pin her against him. She could feel everything and at that moment, he knew he caught her. The princess that everyone was raving about was under his spell and he knew he had her right where he wanted. It was a matter of time before news gets out and he’s not planning on waiting for the exact time and place for it to happen.

 

Right then and now.

 

“You are still a little lamb compared to this bad wolf. Why don’t you ease up and stop the tease.”

Her eyes widen when he push himself off her as he made his way to the bed, putting his briefs on swiftly.

“What? Little lamb?” 

 

‘Unbelievable! Everyone calls her princess, not one man was able to resist her charm but this guy... He actually said that she was a what? A little lamb? PUH-LEASE!’

 

 

She watch him lit a cigarette in an effortless notion; nonetheless, it was y in the right way that was more than enough for any girl to fall head over heels for him. “I have been seeing you work your way around and honestly, it’s all cute.”

He sneak a look over to her and from the his line of sight, he could tell she was fuming inside.

“It’s a compliment; there is no need to get your in a twist.”

“You jerk!”

She quickly zipped her dress up and grabbed her purse. “I never want to see you again, JERK!”

Just like that, she stormed out of the room and into the elevator which came in the nick of time. She has always regarded herself as lucky so it didn’t come as a surprise to her. The guy was just a jerk and there is no way she’s going to stick around for him to compile all her mishaps so what better solution then to get out?

As she watch the elevator LED lights go down, indicating the levels she was passing by; she hummed a tune in her head as she took out her compact and re-adjusts her make-up in a rush but proper manner.

Once she heard the elevator made a bell-like sound, she exchanged her make-up essentials with her signature LV sunglasses. As mad as she was with her one-night-stand man, she couldn’t keep his words to her heart so the next best thing was to forget and erase him completely. Why hang around a man who’s bad news?

It soils her mood and no one wants to be with someone like that.

Rainie glance over to the door that will lead to her freedom but she came to a halt when something caught her attention unintentionally. At first, she thought it was her mind playing tricks but after getting a good look at it, it wasn’t a trick. She walked over and picked up the paper that was on the display.

 

 

 

 

Vi Wu’s Ultimate XII Goddess Collection was a success.

 

 

 

Rainie smirked as she skim through the pictures. “Vi Wu is in Kaohsiung?” In a quiet voice as she continues to look at the pictures. “Hhmm, I look like a model, why don’t they scout me?”

She shrug at her own question as she stop at one of the pictures where Aaron was looking at the stage, almost like he was admiring something. “Hey... isn’t he...?”

Just then, she picked up the call from her father.

“Yes daddy? You called like 20 times already.”

“My beautiful daughter, come back home right now.”

“Why should I? I still unfinished business I still need to take care of.”

“Unfortunately, I promised my good ol’ pal that I was going to be attending his birthday celebration but I have a conference meeting that week so you will have to go in my place.”

“DAD! YOU ARE BEING UNREASONABLE!”

“Daughter, this is for your own good. Go back to Kaohsiung and greet old acquaintances.”

“But there is nothing to do there, I don’t want to go back there!”

“Unless you want me to freeze all your accounts, do what I say.”

And he ended the call.

Rainie sighed as she stared at the magazine in her hands and smirked. “On the other hand, Vi Wu is in Kaohsiung, I can make myself one of her models... than I can be a model and walk on runways!”

She place the newspaper back on the newspaper stand and smiled happily. “Wait for me, Kaohsiung.”

 

 

••••

 

 

 

As the sun shine through the curtains, Gui rolled over to her other side and tried to escape the sun’s rays but since there were windows on the centre and to her left, there’s no way she could escape from the brightness.

‘Ugh.’ She lazily sneak a peek over to her alarm clock to read 7:00 a.m.

“Good morning Stitich~!” Gui cried out happily as she grab the stuff Stitch beneath the covers. Hugging him tightly as she closed her eyes. “Wait...” Gui eyes slowly open and in a flash, she jumped out of her covers and ran out of her room to see an empty balcony.

 

E.M.P.T.Y BALCONY? = WHERE’S AARON?

 

“How did he get out?!” Gui walk over to his bedroom door, twisted the door knob only to walk in to see Aaron, standing in front of her with a towel over his head and wearing only briefs.

“HOW’D YOU GET OUT!?”

He looked over to her and smirked. “Good morning beautiful.”

Huh?

She stared at him for a moment before her cheeks flush. “WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS?!” She instantly turned around and covered her eyes, hoping that he didn’t see her blush. 

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? WEAR YOUR T-SHIRT AND JEANS NO, YOUR SCHOOL UNIFORM! ANYWAYS, I HAVE TO GET DRESSED, BYE!”

He watch her march away in less than a second.

When he heard her slam the door shut, it was enough for his lips to curve into a smile. He walk over to his closet and scanned his clothes. From the start, if he was going to spend 6 months together with her, he’s going to have to get comfortable. Now, 2 months have flew past them and before he knew it, they are getting along—like friends. He held his hand to see his empty finger, the ring that he cherished more than his well-being is no longer visible.

He knew this day would come.

His lips curve up as he look back to his closet, taking his uniform out and placed it on. But before he moved on to do his hair, he stopped and sneezed.

‘What is this? Am I getting sick?’

He shook his head in disbelief, ‘no way.’

 

.

.

.

 

 

While he got dressed, Gui walked back and forth from one end to the other, biting her thumb.

“Something is different about him..” She whispered as she walk back and forth; trying to figure out what was wrong with him. “Why is he so... bright in the morning?” She asked herself as she scratched the back of her head.

“WHATEVER! I need to get ready for school! What am I doing still standing here like a fool?”

She quickly ran into her washroom to get started on her daily routine. When she brought her hair into a ponytail, Gui look at herself to see her eyebrows knot—a clear indication that something is bothering her. “No really, why is he glowing this early in the morning? What did he do last night?”

“Is this what happens when you like someone? You see them in a different light?!” She put her glasses back on and deeply sighed. “Look at me, I am already thinking about him like this. What a fool I am...”

She slap her cheeks a few times, snapping her back into reality as she made her way out of the her room where Aaron step out at the same time as she did.

They caught each other’s gaze and to keep her feelings pushed aside, Gui quickly put her shoes on and step into the elevator where it patiently awaits them. Seeing her busy-body this early in the morning, Aaron smiled as he followed after her, standing beside her as she look up to see their penthouse level disapper with every passing level in the building.

“How did you get out?”

“You didn’t know? There is a switch on the other side.”

“WHAT?!”

Gui stare at him, flabbergasted. This was the first time she has ever heard of such an invention and because she goes out on the balcony more than he has, it made no sense how he knew about it and she didn’t—wait, does it?

“How did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter