[S2] Chapter 6

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 6:  On & On

 

 

“A private party?” Calvin hugs his fiancé and snuggled closer to her. He was up late last night because Genie wanted to discuss about the wedding plans and their vision for their prefect wedding day; he wasn’t interested in the wedding day because he wanted to skip all that hassle of planning and jump into honeymoon phase. But if he knew he couldn’t argue against his long-time girlfriend, she knew how to wheel him and he had to admit―she puts up a good fight… sometimes.

He lies back down in his bed and pulls her in. She watch him take the wedding magazine out of her hands and placed it on the nightstand before staring at his chocolate eyes. He had his eyes closed with a huge smile on his face, he had a secure arm around her and she snuggled closer to him. Forgetting about her big plans for the day, she let him have his way. Sleeping in on a Sunday didn’t sound so bad.

“This private party, it sounds like Aaron and Gui are back together.”

“Of course they are! I played a big part in reconnecting them together!”

His ears perk when he heard her retort. In a way, he was happy that they were back together. Listening to Genie talk on and on about Gui’s son, he couldn’t imagine what Gui went through to bring him to the boy now. Genie told him a million times how hard it would’ve been to raise a child and he couldn’t disagree with it.

“Do we really have to wait until the wedding date? Why can’t we just skip a step and jump into…”

He rolled on top of her, bringing their lips together. She could taste the coffee lingering as their tongues danced together, she knew he was up before she was; he wanted to play it off coolly as if he just woke up. Two can play it this game! She skillfully rolled him on top of him, changing their positions as she caught the surprise struck on his face. She started on his neck, going up as she planted the sweet kisses on his bare skin. He was getting excited but he couldn’t tell her, not when she was finally starting to seize control. She continued to leave the trail of kisses down his body, before going back up to kiss his lips again. He closed his eyes, anticipating the kiss she was going to give him but he felt her lips move away just inches before touching his.

“Hey Hey, the game isn’t over yet babe!”

She left him wanting more, craving for more, desiring for more… if he marries this women, it would be one heck of a tease.

“I’m sure you can wait for a little longer, Mr. Chen. Our wedding date is getting close, I’m sure you can be patient.”

“OH I can be patient. But when the fiancé comes in early in the morning and teases me in bed, just got serious.”

He watched her silky hair fall over her shoulders as she hands a cup of coffee to him. Calvin stares at her as she went over to his closet to pick out his outfit, he scans the room and took note of the time in the process of doing so, he drank the cup of freshly brewed coffee till the cup was empty. He put the cup down on the desk and headed over to his fiancé, pulling her into an embrace. She smiled as he locked their hands together, bringing it up so that he could see their fingers intertwined. She also looks at their hands and smiles with him.

“I love you.” She turns around and kisses Calvin. “I love you more and more.”

 

.

.

.

 

 

Gui adjusted Kris’s bow and happily smiled.

“Mama.” She heard her son say. “Daddy will be here soon.”

“Papa?” She heard him say. She smiles at her son and gently hugs him. Whenever children call out to their parent, it sounds very natural. She has never heard Kris call out for his dad but hearing the word ‘papa’ escape those lips of his; she was fascinated how that four letter word can roll of his tongue so smoothly. If it’s one thing she knew he got from his dad was his ability to sweet talk.

“Let’s go down and join the party now.”

She took her son by the hand and together, they descended downstairs to see everyone she knows at the party.

Her parents always went above and beyond whenever they have parties at their place. Gui couldn’t remember how long it was to see her mother smiling from ear to ear while her father happily laughs with his crew of friends. She felt his son tighten his grip on her hand and Gui smiles. She bent down and kisses her son on the forehead.

“Come, don’t be shy. All of these people are mommy and daddy’s friends.” She whispered over to Kris as Gui makes her way through the crowd.

Danson excused himself from his business partners to see his cousins Angela and Jack making her over to him with a glass of wine.

“Was Jack trying to sneak into the bar again?” Danson asks just as Angela handed him a glass of wine. “He thinks he can do better than the bartenders.”

“Can’t blame the guy for trying.” Danson silently helped his cousin out by pulling Angela to the side to speak with Xiao Gui. Danson winked over to Jack as he happily roamed around the crowd. “Oh hey Xiao Gui!” He chuckles as he introduced Angela to Alien Huang; the two exchanged hug and kisses (kisses on the cheek).

“I have heard a great deal of your accomplishments from Danson and Gui, thank you so much for doing so much for them. They are a handful aren’t they?” Angela smiles happily as she recalled the late nights she stayed up with Gui, catching up on their life together.

“They keep me busy.” Angela couldn’t help but agree with him.  

Next thing she knew it, she noticed that her circle got bigger when she saw the four boys grace the circle. Danson introduced each one of them to each other before engaging in conversation with the group. Angela nudged Danson quietly but he pretended that he wasn’t aware of it. Angela sighs, taking a sip of her drink as she watches Xiao Gui and Aaron exchange a look. Talk about awkward.

“Your big day is coming up! How does it feel?” Calvin smiles as he kisses Genie on the cheek. “What do you think?” Calvin answered as everyone made a puking noise. “I can’t stand this, let’s go get some food!” Wu Chun spoke up as he walks away from the group to view the large selection of food that was on the table. Calvin shrugs as he looks over to Danson who just laughs. “The entire city knows you are getting married to Genie so stop showing off.” Aaron agrees, “save all of this for your big day.”

“GUIIIII~!” Genie wraps her arms around her best friend and smiles brightly. “We can finally go shopping together, talk and hang out like we did before!” As Genie continues to pour all her emotions out, Gui lets Kris’s hand go to return Genie’s embrace while Aaron bent down and scooped Kris up in his arms.

Gui was expecting Kris to repel from him since he was known for pushing strangers away but he was no stranger; did Kris catch on? Gui silently watch the two boys interaction with each other closely.

Kris reaches over to touch the earring Aaron was wearing, noticing that he had the same one. “Mama…” He whispered as he looks back up to see his dad’s warm gaze looking back at him. Gui was about to reach out for the little guy but when Kris’s lips curl into a smile, she froze and watch him hug Aaron.

Danson held up his glass of wine and toasted to the reunion of the two. Calvin and Wu Chun continue to observe Aaron’s behaviour towards Kris, they had to admit, the two looked awfully similar… he had his father’s looks, but would he follow in his father’s footsteps and become a player? Genie laughs as she hand a glass of champagne to Gui. Jiro smiles as he lifts Kris out of Aaron’s arms and into his, everyone held a surprise face, especially Aaron.

“He’s not crying? Kris is always trying to get away from strangers.” Xiao Gui states as Gui laughs.

Aaron looked at the two converses in laughs and smiles, completely dumb folded. Calvin and Wu Chun couldn’t believe their eyes, the one who said they didn’t want any children or be close to them is holding onto one! Gui continues to laugh as she fills everyone in that Jiro and Kris has met before, coincidentally. Aaron glares at Jiro as he reaches over to take Kris back but the little guy repelled strongly.

“HAJAAHAHHAHAHAHA!” The boys all laughed, except for Aaron.

“Come to daddy, Kris.” Aaron looks over to Gui who shrugs, not bothering to help him out with his own son. “Does this make any sense? How can my own son like this uncle? He doesn’t even like kids!”

Jiro and Kris looks at Aaron at the same time and Aaron freezes. If they didn’t know any better, some would say that Kris was Jiro’s son. Aaron backed down and looked over to Gui who stood beside him, she continues to talk to Xiao Gui and Genie. Genie was immersed in learning about Gui’s ventures into the fashion world and catching up with her. The two best friends have missed each other so much that they instantly went into their own world. Even the fiancés can’t break it apart, it was just that serious.

Even his parents came over to greet Kris. When he told his parents about Kris and Gui, they immediately cancelled all of his blind dates and quickly called the in-laws to schedule a time to see the little boy. At first, his parents didn’t like the idea of being punked by their son but when they called the Wu’s to see if it was true, they were relieved. ‘YES, HE’S NOT GAY!’ was their first thought.

In many ways, he was thankful. His family had been pushing him to blind dates to the point where he questioned himself and his relationships. Seeing how Calvin was going to propose to his long-time girlfriend, he was thrilled for him but at the same time, he felt like he glued himself in the present―with no future to motivate him. Now that Gui was back in his life, he could finally start moving.

Now all he hears from his parents is who will get to hang out with Kris? Who is going to see him more? It feels like his parents forgot all about his son―it was all about Kris. Even Gui admits, all the parents are arguing about who gets to spend time with Kris, who gets to take him out, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter