Chapter 13.1

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 13.1: Caught

 

 

 

Aaron slung his backpack and walked past his fan club and into his classroom.

 

“Hi Aaron~” –Girl Student 1

“Good morning Aaron~” –Girl Student 3

“Hey, did you do the homework assigned by Mr. Luo? I need help with one of the–” –Boy Student 1

 

He went straight to his desk and sat down.

Most people know Aaron as the boy who was emotionless and straight-forward. He wasn’t the type to allow his emotions get the best of him and that is how it is every moment, every day and maybe his entire life. But today was different, if someone ask him if he was expecting something to explode, they would be correct. He was waiting for something but it was still early so this BIG news he was waiting for probably wouldn’t reach their ears this early in the morning.

But on the other hand, something as big as ‘AARON YAN IS ALREDY THINKING ABOUT MARRIAGE,’ that would cause an uproar.

He was an bachelor that was well-loved in the city. If the news of him getting engaged entered the press’s ears, they would be all over it with a snap of a finger, thus ending his shot of privacy.

Aaron heavily sighed as he lean back and heavily inhaled. Mentally preparing himself for the blast of bad press, noisy media and reporters prying into his life.

 

 

 

Flashback

“Helloooo, earrrthhh too Aaarooon~” Gui spoke as she suddenly turned around to see a figure from afar.

“Ahh! IS THAT GE?! He is still bothering you? Well, if I do this, he won’t pick on you anymore right? Let’s complete this role as the magical couple that got everyone talking!”

Before Aaron got the chance to comprehend what she really meant by that, she closed the distance between them as she softly press her lips onto his. And in response, the sudden flash of lights blinded them.

End of Flashback

 

 

Was his eyes seeing things?

No, he was certain that a party guest took advantage of the situation and snapped a couple of pictures of him. The more he thought about the situation, the more strange it sounded.

Was he starting to fall for her? Why did he pictured them kiss? Was it because he wasn’t getting enough party time? If that was the case, then he would hit the club more often. If that were to solve everything, then it would be easy.

No matter how many times he ran-sacked his mind, there was so explanation for it.

‘Damn, what the hell is going on with you Aaron Yan? Have you finally hit your head?’

 

 

 

As if timing couldn’t be more prefect, Aaron watch his friends drop their bags on their desk and instantly, Jiro ped his backpack and took out a newspaper. “GUESS WHAT I HAVE HERE~!”

Aaron’s eyes widen when he saw the newspaper in Jiro’s hands but no words came out.

So he sat there, his gaze fixated on the newspaper that Jiro was proudly showing off. Flattening the front section of the newspaper so that everyone could see what the bold heavy black front headlines.

 

 

 

Fashion Designer Vi Wu charity party accumulated $100 Million TWD in just one night.

 

 

Call him paranoid but when he finished reading the vicious looking title, his heart stopped.

On impulse, Aaron instantly grabbed the newspaper away from Jiro and read the small print underneath the headline. Only to read a great big chunk of heavy applause and great reviews that the party held at the Wu Mansion, all influential guests were present for the charity gala. They gave a short list of people and printed some picture of the party guests interacting with Vi Wu and Mr. Wu.

Where was the picture someone took? Did they delete it? Are they going to blackmail him later on?

“DAMN, WHERE IS IT?!”

“Where is what?” Jiro asked as they peered over his shoulder to look at the newspaper over Aaron’s shoulder.

 

‘WHERE IS IT?!’ 

 

When Aaron read to the end, he sat back down and hand the newspaper over to them.

“What do you guys think?”

“I think we should’ve went with our parents to Vi Wu’s party. We could’ve made it on the front page but someone had to call us in to hang out at club Secrecy instead.”

“Not what I meant, what I really mean is that... do you guys think I changed?”

“Well, you do go to the club less then you did before. I think it’s a rather good thing since you are almost... you know, tied.” Wu Chun explained as he nudged Aaron happily.

“Anyways, what’s the story? You bailed on school yesterday, don’t tell me you actually went to find Rainie.”

Aaron look over to his friends.

He knew they only asked him out of concern but to be honest, where does he begin? Was there a need to tell them everything that happened or should he leave out some bits of information?

There are some things that are better left unknown and if it makes the world happy, then he will have to do just that.

“I went to the beach to cool down.”

“You didn’t go skinny-dipping by yourself did’cha?”Jiro glared at Calvin who brought it up once more. Jiro was about to strangle him when Wu Chun blocked Jiro as he stepped in between.

“How many times do I have to say it? STOP BRINGING IT UP!” They all laughed at the fuming Jiro.

“Then what did you do?”

“I went to Vi Wu’s party.”

“WHAT?!” Jiro cried out as they look at Aaron, bewildered that he was at the party.

They have known Aaron for so long and for him to personally be at the party, there must be h-o-t girls, great music, lots of alcohol and excellent entertainment. Otherwise, don’t bother sending an invitation.

“You? The Aaron Yan went to Vi Wu’s party? That explains whY your phone was off.”

He knew they were mocking him but he didn’t care. “It was?”

Aaron pull out his phone only to press a random button and true to their accusations, his phone didn’t turn on. “That’s odd...” He whispered as he drop his phone into his bag, out of sight and out of mind.

“Wow, so how was the party, hot babes everywhere huh?”

“I’m sure there was, for you to go, I’m sure that something caught your eye that night.” Calvin backed Jiro’s early statement easily as they smiled over to him, still surprised that he would still go to a party as grand as Vi Wu’s.

 

Aaron smirked as he took his water bottle. Halfway through their on-going accusations, something clicked in Wu Chun’s mind as he stare at the Vi Wu’s name on the newspaper. On the right hand corner, they gave out a short background information and just by skimming through it, Wu Chun can make out most of it.

“I’m going to go out of the limb and say that... something happened between you and Ying Jie right?”

Aaron choked on his water and in an instant, Calvin and Jiro’s eyes brightened with stars. “Oh?~” They began to tease.

“It says here, Vi Wu is the wife of Chairman Wu who just happens to be one of the director and chairman to Taiwan National Bank. They have two children, a son who is expected to inherit his father’s excellent work ethic and a daughter who is said to be pretty like her mother. So if you put two and two together, Aaron was with his girl at the party. And just to put my wild guess in there, the girl you went skinny-dipping with is none other than her, did I hit jackpot?”

“Okay, let’s get our facts straight. We did go to the beach but we, absolutely did not go skinny-dipping.”

Aaron froze while his friends gleam in happiness, they threw their bait and all they had to do was wait for Aaron to pick at it for them to come out victorious.

“Oh you... you and that smart mouth of yours will lead you to your demise.”

“Me and my smart mouth will get me to the top.

“SO YOU REALLY WERE WITH HER? And I thought you went all the way to that city to find Rainie!” Calvin nudged Jiro who immediately zipped his lips. “Sorry, it slipped out.”

Aaron heavily sighed as he sat back down, calming himself down as he saw that there was a couple of seconds left until the teacher comes in to start the day.

“But Aaron, you went to the party so you should be bursting with energy. But then it begs the question, did something happen at the party that you don’t want anyone to find out?” Wu Chun started and then Calvin took the second part.

“Oh yeah! You were glaring the newspaper like you wanted to rip it apart. So tell us, what happened at the party? Or would you like us to guess... Okay, let me take a chance and throw this out there. Did you and Gui do anything that you don’t want us to find out.. Like, did you.. hug?”

.

.

.

There was no response.

.

.

.

“Embrace?”

.

.

.

Still no response.

.

.

.

“Get drunk together...” Calvin whispered as he could see Aaron begin to look away as if he was trying to dodge the question.  “...or did you guys k.. i... ss?”

.

.

 

O_____________________O

WHATT\$?%??^?^?

 

 

B I N G O

 

 

When Calvin sneered the last words, Aaron’s eyes widen.

 

“OKAY, TIME TO START OUR LESSON ON EDGAR ALLEN POE, IF I SEE A CELLPHONE OUT IN THE OPEN, IT WILL BE MINE FOR THE TAKING SO BE AWARE OF THAT FACT WHILE YOU ARE IN MY CLASS. YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO–”

 

“Oh my–” Wu Chun eyes widen as Jiro burst his excitement, that got the whole class’s attention. “WHAT? YOU KISSED HER?!”

 

“AARON! WHO DID YOU KISS?” –girl student 1

“WHAT?! BUT, BUT, BUT! MY AARON! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?!” –girl student 2

“IS THIS THE SAME GIRL AS LAST TIME?” –girl student 3

“WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE AARON?” –girl student 4

“DID SHE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU IN YOUR WEAK STATE?!” –girl student 2

 

The teacher slammed her wooden stick on the board, demanding that everyone calm down. “MISTER JIRO WANG, PLASE SIT DOWN AND GET YOUR BOOKS OUT!”

And just like that, the secret that Aaron wanted to keep to himself got blown up. The only difference was that there was no need for the newspaper for everyone to know, he only needed his friends or friend... to get the news out there.

While they were in class, Jiro chuckled as he threw a piece of paper to him.

 

‘How was the kiss? Was it fantastic?!’

 

Aaron crumbled the paper and threw it at his head, Jiro quickly turned around and smiled. “You like her.” Jiro hummed.

“No I don’t.”

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that.” Wu Chun sneered as Calvin smirked, which irritated Aaron.

“I mean it, she is not my type.”

“Okay there, believe what you want.” Calvin joined in on the fun and at that point, he exploded.

“I don’t!”

“MISTER AARON YAN, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WILL LIKE TO SAY TO THE CLASS?” The teacher looked up from her book and stare at Aaron who suddenly rose up from his chair.

“No, nothing.” Aaron shouted out as he sat back down only to receive a bunch of smiles from his friends and in addition, the girls in the class looked like they were holding onto their tears.

‘Great job Aaron, now you’ve done it.’

 

 

 

••••

 

 

[VI WU FASION SHOW]

 

 

“Mrs. Wu, your husband is on l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter