[S2] Chapter 8

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 8:  Up on the Scale

 

 

 

“Gui. Let’s go.”

When she heard her name, it was like everything around her froze. George eyes widen as he looks over to Aaron who pulls away from the kiss to look at Gui and George who was standing in front of him.

“Gui?!

While Puff turns around and her eyes widen when she notices the girl who was behind her, she recall seeing her in Aaron’s office—Emma. She looks back at Aaron who looked surprised and stunned to even move. Gui looks at the girl and notices how her dress was ruined, the once beautiful dress was damaged. She was a designer and she knows design, fabric and stitching the best. In a breathtaking place like this garden, she looks over to Puff and she felt terrible. She wouldn’t know how Puff was feeling but being violated like that—unbearable. Anyhow, they were both girls and somewhere deep within, she knew that she was harbouring feelings for Aaron. Which leads Gui to look to Aaron, does he know?

“I’ll go first Aaron.”

When she turned around to go with George, Aaron walked forward but Puff held onto him, pleading him not to leave her alone. Gui caught the gesture Puff did and she note how close they were. She must’ve been through a lot, Aaron was there to save her and out of everyone here, the one she is safe with is by Aaron’s side. Gui could feel her tears coming out but she couldn’t break down here, she didn’t want to complicate matters further so she madly blinked the tears away. 

“Go and bring her home Aaron… if anyone else sees her in this condition, it won’t be good for the press…”

She forced herself to turn around just in time to see Aaron take his jacket off to cover her. She knew she shouldn’t be feeling like this but seeing the gentleman he was, it was a sweet gesture. She was tingling with jealousy and what’s worse is that she can’t show it. She forced herself not to think about it anymore as she left with George. Aaron looks back at Puff as he felt her grip tighten on him. As if she was trying to find security. She was scared, god, he had no idea how violated, humiliated and afraid she was. He had no idea.

“…Please don’t leave me alone Aaron… please… don’t let me go…” 

She shivered and he knew he couldn’t leave her alone. He looked back at George who was escorting Gui out of the garden, his fists tighten. Would any man be in their right mind? To see their girl leave with another man? Aaron looks over to Puff and pats her head, he lightly wraps his arms around her—to comfort Puff. What a night this turned out to be. This friendly dinner was supposed to be about business but it nearly turned into a crime scene. He was just lucky to get there before Zhang went any further.

“Let’s get you home Xue Fu.” She nods her head in agreement. 

Aaron walked out of the hotel together; he drove her home and waited until she is safely in. He dialled Tia’s number, filling her in on what had happened and like the best friend she was, she flew over to Puff’s place in a heartbeat. 

“Thank you for telling me Aaron and thank you for saving her.” Aaron nods. “Stay with her, she is scared and you guys are best friends, you can calm her down.”

“Thank you Aaron.”

Aaron waited for Tia to walk in before he drove out of Puff’s driveway.

 

In the midst of his drive back home, he drove past all the night markets and clubs and smiles. He can’t help but reminisce about his nightlife. Just then, he receives a message from Danson asking why either of them picked Kris up from daycare. So he dialled his number and told him what had happened (well, the general idea), he and Gui went for a dinner and thought it would be a good idea for Kris to spend time with his grandparents. Of course, Mr. Wu and Vi Wu were over-joyed that their grandson were staying over. They always enjoy Kris’s company so they wanted him to stay over even if Aaron or Gui didn’t let like the idea of Kris keeping his grandparents wide awake. He laughs as Danson shakes his head, telling him that he would drop Kris off at daycare tomorrow. 

“Don’t forget to pick up your son man.”

“I’ll make sure to come bearing flowers.”

 

When he ended the call, he parked in the parkade in his building complex and stepped out of the car. He grabbed everything out of his car and made his way to the penthouse. Now the bigger problem is left. How is he going to handle this one? Does anyone have any ideas?

 

 

Flashback

“What is it?” Aaron asked, slightly irritated that he kept crossing paths with him. “What is your relationship with her?”

“It is still none of your business.”

“It is my business.” There was a pause before George continued. “I like her, I like Wu Ying Jie.”

“You like her?” Aaron grins. ‘If only she wasn’t sleeping.’

“Yes, if you like her then that makes us rivals.”

“And what makes you think you can rival me?”

End of Flashback

 

 

‘Him again…’ 

A migraine, he could feel his migraine coming up as he rubbed his temple. There is no escaping now, he walked into the penthouse to see Gui sitting on the couch. A thought crossed his mind and he wonders.‘What were they doing at the hotel together?’ Out of all the places to be, they choose to meet up in a hotel?

When he came back, she heard him coming down the hall. “Who is she? Who is she to you Aaron?” Gui inquired. 

Aaron took off his jacket and settled down on the couch next to her but she got up and looked at him. He leans back and cranes his neck back. 

“She is Puff Guo Xue Fu, my assistant. She is hardworking and talented, she gets everything done on time and she helps me stay on track. She is nice to everyone and somehow, she became my assistant. What else are you curious about?”

“Is she really your business partner?” He looks at her and nods. “Have you seen the way she looks at you? Did you notice ho―”

“Enough about me, what about you? You are with that guy! Care to explain to me why you were with him?”

“This guy is George, he’s my bodyguard. You’ve met him before Aaron!”

“Then what were you guys doing in the hotel?”

“We were not doing anything that would be suspicious Aaron! Xiao Gui, George and I were having dinner at the restaurant. Why are we talking about me when we should be talking about you? I’ll be honest; I was thrilled that someone came to help Puff because if you didn’t come, I would’ve done it.”

“Are you crazy? Why would you do it when George is there? You are still a girl Gui, he could’ve yo―”

As their talk got more heated, she moved away from him and stood by the window. Distance is what these two needed; they needed that space between them to think clearly. Well in her case, she needed that space. He; however detested it.

“No matter how much I try not to think of this, it’s on my mind….” She looks at him. “I’ve seen you two Aaron… You guys were kissing!”

She begins to cry. It hurts; it hurts her so much to see the guy she was in love with kissing someone else. The lips that she thought was hers, was on someone else. It hurts. This a.sshole doesn’t even know how it feels to see someone he loves kiss another, he just played hero and saves her. She cursed herself for falling in love with the player but she knew she couldn’t give up her feelings. She could only laugh at the idea he just gave the girl: a fairytale scenario, close to perfect.

“You jerk.” She whispers before walking away from him.

“GOD DAMNIT GUI, LISTEN TO ME!” He pushed her against the wall and blocked her escape with both of his arms, trapping her between his arms. She couldn’t bear to look at him and he wasn’t going to argue with the eye contact, he could care less. He just needed her to listen to him.

“Yes I saved her. We were at the hotel restaurant with Zhang who I came to know during my stay in one of my exchange programs. He was all fun and games, he and I hit it off because we share the same hobby; partying and girls. You know the story. But when those stupid lights and alarms went off, I noticed they were both gone. I should’ve noticed, his stares, his eyes, and his words were all directed at her. I should’ve noticed but it was too late, she was gone in that short period of time. I looked for her and luckily I found her just in time. I was mad, I was furious that he was trying to sneak one on me! I didn’t know… but Gui, you have to believe me, I only love you.”

She pushed him away from her and cries. 

“NO! Have you been listening to me? I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU SAVED HER AARON! I am soo damn happy that you were able to save her from him, I really am Aaron. I am just so angry at myself for being so selfish! I am so horrible! I keep thinking about this and the more I think about it, the more selfish I am. I know that you did a good deed and I am―”

He pulls her in and hugs her tightly. She continues to cry in his embrace while he soothes her. 

“I promise you, I won’t let anyone hurt you and our son.” She wraps her arms around him and gradually, she calmed down. They gently pull away from each other and he kissed her. She laughs in between his kisses while she used her sleeves to wipe the tears away. He wraps his arms around her again and closes his eyes. “I love you Aaron.” He smiles with his eyes closed. “I love you too.”

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Welcome back Jiro!!” 

Jiro walked out of the airport terminal and dropped his bags into the trunk. He was scheduled for an appearance in New York; it was one of those in-class lectures students are enrolled in. Venturing and learning about what it’s like in the field; in the eyes of a professional. He just got off the flight and he wasn’t ready to go back to work but reality kicks you hard doesn’t it? But what could he do? He was curious how his team was holding up. He had no time to introduce Cyndi to the team because he had to pack up and fly to New York. So he entrusted his assistant to introduce Cyndi to the team. His team wasn’t too thrilled on the idea of working alongside a total amateur with no culinary excellence but hearing how she showcased her desert making skills, they were beginning to warm up to the idea of having Cyndi on the team. 

“I’m heading to the restaurant. I’ll see you soon.”

“We’ll be waiting for you!”

Jiro ended the call and hoped into the driver’s seat. He took out his sunglasses and masked the sun’s rays with it and smoothly merged out of the driveway.

 

“He’s coming.”

He whispers as he looks at the menu Cyndi came up with. The deserts were designed with the other chefs in mind. He heard that she went to each chef on the team, requesting what their ideas and preferences is. She went on from there, gathering and composing a desert menu. He had to admit, she was showing him what a big team player she was. He dropped in from time to time, between his guests to check up if anything was happening in the kitchen. To his surprise, everyone kept their professional stance. There was really nothing to report.

The assistant sighs, putting the desert menu down on the table before coming out to see that most of the seats were filled. Guests were calling in and making reservations. While he had a couple of individuals who called in to reserve the entire floor for their friends and family, with the idea of holding a banquet, this was what Jiro had envisioned his restaurant to be. 

It was her lunch break; Cyndi stood beside him and scanned the environment. She was in a daze and he could probably see where her thoughts were goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter