Chapter 10.2

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 10.2: The Teeny Tiny Slip Up

 

 

 

Aaron stare at the Gui sleeping peacefully.

He didn’t know why their butlers decide to blurt out the very thing that connected Yan Ya Lun and Wu Ying Jie together. Both him and Ying Jie didn’t want their families to broadcast their secret relationship to the entire world but since things have come down to this, is that guy going to feed this information to the press or is he going to threaten them with it?

He barely knew the guy, let alone, trust him. So what’s lover-boy going to do?

 

In the end, all he had was question after question.

The only way to get his answer was to watch carefully and proceed with caution or confront him about it. Either way, Aaron has little intention of confronting the guy so he’s going to watch his move.

 

As he stare at her sleeping, he heard a knock on the door. “Mr. Yan.” Aaron broke his gaze away from her and closed the door behind him when he greeted the two gentlemen in the living room.

“Do you guys have any idea what you guys just did?”

 

 

Flashback

 

“You like her?” Aaron smirked as he look down at Ying Jie. “Yes, if you like her then that makes us rivals.”

“And what makes you think you can rival me?”

“If I call the police right now, they will charge you for my friend and judging by your social status, I don’t think it will make your family proud if they contact your family that you an innocent girl. So if you don’t want that to happen, hand Gui over to me.”

Aaron smirked as he glanced over to the receptionist who looked like he was dying to intervene and let their secret out.

 

No way in hell is that going to happen.

 

 

“Miss. Wu and Mr. Yan is currently–”

“I will not repeat myself, if you do not leave right now, I will call security and have the police deal with you. Do you know who I am? My father owns Y Insurance and if you do not want anything to happen to you and your family, leave my sight now.”

“Not until you give me Gui.”

Next thing led to another and before Aaron had any time to comprehend the situation, the secret that Aaron and Ying Jie desperately want to keep hidden came out.

 

“Aaron, take Miss. Gui upstairs.”

“And why would he do that and who are you to intervene?”

George stared at the two gentlemen who walked over to them. “Mr. Yan and Miss. Wu will–”

Aaron cleared his throat but that didn’t stop them from letting the cat out of the box.

“In the next couple of months, Mr. Yan and Miss. Wu will be engaged, please refrain from whatever feelings you have young man.”

 

Everyone turn to the person responsible for it and in an instant, daggers flew out of Aaron’s eyes. “F–F–F–Fiancé?!”

Aaron glared at his butler and Ying Jie’s butler sudden entrance.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Mr. Yan, what we have done isn’t a bad thing.”

“Not a bad thing? You guys just told him about our situation! What if the press gets hold of this news? My reputation is going to be ruined and when it does, I’m holding you guys responsible!”

“Mr. Yan, are you more concerned about your reputation than Miss. Wu’s unknown identity? It has come to our attention that Miss. Wu wants to conceal her identity as best as she could but I think it is time for people to know who she is and respect her.”

“So in other words, you guys want to feed this news to the media?”

“Not exactly, we are still waiting for your feelings to develop and when it does, we will release the wonderful news to all social medias.”

“Have you ever considered how this might hurt us? Whatever it is, I will not go through with this. Living as who I am with her has been all fun and games but you cannot do this without our consent. In the end, we will be the ones making the decision whether or not to stay as strangers or to announce our relationship. And from here on then, you and everyone else should not involve yourselves with our relationship. This is our matter so refrain yourselves any further, we’ll take care of it.”

“Your family wishes to see further development in yours and Miss. Wu’s relationship. If it means letting the news find out about the potential marriage between you two, then it will happen.”

“I do not agree to this at all.”

“How can you be so sure?”

 

Aaron became silent as the butlers passed him an envelope. Curiosity got the best of him as he opened the envelope without looking at the addresser.

 

 

 

We are pleased to announce Mr. Chen’s 55th birthday celebration.

In honour of Mr. Chen, we will like to invite you to come and join us in the evening at Rose Lit Garden at 7:00 p.m. to celebrate Mr. Chen’s 55th Birthday with his family and friends in attendance.

We hope to see you there.

 

p.s. this event is a formal attire event only.

 

 

 

“Your father wishes your attendance.”

“And why would I go? He knows I rarely go to these kinds of parties, let alone go with someone who I don’t like.”

“Grandmother Yan wishes your attendance as well.”

“Grandmother?”

“Yes, that’s correct, Grandmother Yan.”

As Aaron stare at the invitation in his hands. “They clearly know I ditch events like these.”

Aaron tossed the card on the table. “If that is what they want, I’ll go.”

“Splendid decision young master.”

“We best be going now, have a good night’s sleep.”

When they left the penthouse, Aaron picked up his belongings and made his way to his room. He is going to sleep it off and deal with whatever it is he left unfinished for tomorrow.

It had been a long night and truthfully, he is dead tired from all the surprises that sprung up during the course of the days he accepted the six months trial period. Either way, what happened tonight should have been avoided but it didn’t. Whether he wants to acknowledges it or not, what’s done is done.

 

 

 

 

~The Next Morning~

 

 

 

“GUI!” Gui turn around to see Genie’s bright, smiling face in front of her. “I have wonderful news for you.”

But before Genie can proceed with her ‘wonderful news,’ she pause to examine Gui’s expression.

”Gui... Did you not sleep at all yesterday?”

“I was just up very late last night. Anyways, what is this wonderful news you are dying to tell me?”

“OH! Right! Calvin and I are officially going out now!” Genie whispered quietly so that no one can hear this exciting news.

“THAT’S FANTASTIC! CONGRATS GENIE!”

Gui hugged Genie and smiled happily as the confusion she had in her mind drifted away. “Let’s get to class.” Gui said as she linked arms with Genie and walked past the school gates.

 

 

 

While Gui and Genie chatted amongst themselves, behind them was George.

“What is wrong with your expression?” George look over to Li Quan who was playing with his phone. “I am just trying to study last minute for our calculus test.”

“Oh yeah! Crap, I forgot about that stupid test!”

“I thought you promised the principal you were going to boost your marks by the end of the term? We have a couple weeks until we graduate, don’t you want to do something worthwhile?”

“I am already doing something worth wild!”

The end of Li Quan’s lips curve upwards as he felt someone cling onto his arm.

“Hey baby~” He whispered into her ear as they walk away from George smoothly.

They were in their own little world and George knew it was close to impossible to tear him away her (or any girl).

“That’s not what I meant.”

Uninterested to tell his friend what he really meant, he straightened his clothes once again and walk past the gate.

 

 

 

 

One by one, as each student enters the school grounds, they are another day closer to the year-end. It was only a matter of time before they come to the end and before they know it, they will have to greet summer with open arms.

 

 

 

“I don’t get it, you woke up this morning and you didn’t see Aaron? But wait, hold on a minute! Didn’t you say he’s going to be the one who drops and picks you up from school from now on?”

Genie asked as Gui glance over at her.

“Genie... We are at school right now! I don’t want to talk about him right now, we will talk about this when we are alone.”

Genie pouted as she pat Gui on the shoulder. “Okay, let’s talk more after. Anyways, let’s head into class now. I wanna get some studying down before our math teacher hands out the test.”

 

As they make their way to their classroom, a single paper airplane flew past them.

“Is that a paper airplane?” Gui asked as she followed Genie into the classroom to find themselves walking into their classroom filled with lots of paper airplanes flying in the air above them. Gui brightly smiled as she sat down in her seat and watch the paper airplanes fly all over their classroom, as swiftly and beautiful as it is, it was like seeing the birds in the sky.

It was a great way to start the day off.

 

 

While Gui got distracted by the paper airplanes flying above her, George was walking to his classroom when a paper airplane flew past him and landed on the floor in front of him. Curious as to who was throwing paper airplanes, he bent over, picking it up as he slung his bag over his shoulder so that he can unfold the paper with two hands to see that the blank white paper wasn’t blank.

“What’s that?”

Li Quan peer at the piece of paper that was inked with a big heart.

“What kind of joke is this?” He laughed at the childish heart that had two stick people drawn on it.

“Someone needs to get a life... or laid pronto.” Li Quan sneered, walking past George with his entourage.

George has known Li Quan since middle school so he was fairly familiar with his attitude towards everything he does. When Li Quan blurt his utmost honest thoughts out, George knew it was his way of saying ‘ew.’

But for George, he took out a pen and scribbled something down before folding it back to an paper airplane. He glance over to Gui who was reading her textbook while twirling her pencil in her hand.

George smiled as he adjusted the paper airplane and when he mentally counted down to 1, he felt the paper airplane glide out of his hand and at that moment, he lost sight of the airplane as it blend itself with all the other airplanes in the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter