Chapter 4

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 4: The First Round

 

 

“Okay okay, since we have a child here, let’s keep this conversation PG.” Jiro stated as Calvin laughed. “More like G.”

 

Xiao Yu began to rub his eyes so he walked over to Calvin who looked at him.

“Ge Ge, I am sleepy.” Calvin glanced over to Genie who smiled.

“Xiao Yu, you can sleep in Gui Jie Jie’s room.” Gui said as she patted Xiao Yu’s head.

“Go to sleep, we will wake you up when it’s time to go home.” Xiao Yu nodded as Genie accompanied him into Gui’s room.

 

“Since this bond-fire is still hot and blazing, let’s go around and have play a couple of rounds of ‘have you ever.’ For an example, if I say have you ever kissed your true love, if you haven’t, then you drink. It doesn’t get more simple than that!”

Jiro, Calvin and Wu Chun winked over to Aaron who instantly rose up, nudging them. “What are you guys doing!?” Aaron hissed in a quiet voice. “We are going to help you out buddy, just join and watch the magic happen.”

“What! No, I am content with how things–” Jiro shut him up as he went to start the game.

When Genie came back, the game started.

 

Gui and Genie prepared a bucket of water for themselves while the boys each get their own bottle of liquor that they secretly concealed from Xiao Yu. Jiro cleared his throat, “okay I’ll start, I will keep it simple. Have you ever went out with someone you truly love?”

Gui and Genie picked up their glass and drank. Jiro look over to Wu Chun, “food doesn’t count.” With a groan, Wu Chun became the first boy between the four to drink. Calvin nudged Aaron who glared at him, he didn't want to take part in this childish game but Calvin was a hard nut to crack so Aaron had no choice but to drink. 

“Really? You never dated anyone?” Calvin asked Genie who blushed. “It was always one-sided.”

 

“OKAY MY TURN!” All heads turn to Wu Chun as they anticipate what he was going to say next, “if you have never been caught cheating, drink!”

Once the demand came out, Genie and Gui’s eyes widen. ‘if you have never been caught cheating...’ Calvin secretly glared at Wu Chun as he gulped his drink. As well, Aaron and Jiro picked their cups and drank.

And that’s how their double identity is revealed, these guys were players. P.L.A.Y.E.R.S. The type of people Gui hates.

Earlier, she confessed how she didn’t like being in an arrange marriage and it was fine, for 6 months, she can get through it. She also said that she did not like being with strangers, and that was okay since they can get to know one another during the 6 months.

But now, she is in an arrange marriage with a complete stranger who is a player. She curse her fate but that isn’t something she can change.

For 6 months, with him... Can she survive this?

 

Gui glanced over to Aaron whose eyes fixated on hers.

“Have you ever broke a girl’s heart?” Aaron knew Gui’s question was directed at him but could he dodge it and lie? Many people will choose to lie since it was easy to avoid the subject but he choose not to lie. He was a man and he needs to own up to his actions.

So he choose to live up to his lie and drank along with Jiro and Genie drained their glasses empty.

It was a total shock to Calvin when Genie confessed she broke someone’s heart. Calvin never pictured her the type to hurt someone’s feelings. Well, he was already surprised when she admitted that she have never dated anyone. How many secrets is this girl keeping to herself?

At first, he wouldn’t believe it because Genie was so pretty, so he would have thought that guys would not leave her alone if it was the case. Heck, he still doesn’t believe it.

 

When Gui asked that question, he knew it was directed straight at him. Any one will think it was just her way of being daring but to him, her question was like a challenge. Being the person who love challenges and doing stuff out of his comfort zone, he was beginning to feel the thrill of this childish game.

“If you have ever lied about your identity, drink.”

Genie’s eyes widen as Aaron directed that question to Gui. She looked over to Gui who eyes quivered for a split second, the scars of her past was something Gui never wanted to bring up. And Genie knew it, Aaron has touched a soft spot. A spot Gui never wants to bring up, regardless of how they were, she wanted to keep that spot hidden in the depths of her past.

 

But a game is still a game, how will she respond to his question?

 

Gui was bullied during her childhood days and Genie was there to witness the bullying and teasing. Their classmates would always tell Gui that she was too spoiled to be at their school, so they used her. They knew Gui was lonely so they offered their friendship, that is if Gui can give them presents occasionally since they were friends.

Just the thought of how they treated her was ridiculous to Genie and then it came to the point when there was a time when Gui has a crush on one boy and just like everyone else, he used her, just like how everyone used her to gain something in return.

But the one person who saw everyone’s evil intentions left Genie disgusted.

The only one who did not approach her for money was Genie, Genie was a child who was bright and she was all about being fair. Gui would always cry alone and Genie knew that and that’s the beginning of their friendship.

In conclusion, it was Genie that offered Gui to disguise herself, take on the double life so that their classmates or friends can’t use her anymore.

 

And that’s the story behind Gui’s dorky/nerdy disguises.

 

 

 

As Genie glance at Gui, Jiro suddenly snapped his fingers.

“Oh yeah! Before Aaron met you yesterday, we searched you up on the net. Although I must say, the pictures on the web are different...”

Jiro then look over to Aaron. “Disguise? So Ying Jie, you disguise yourself?”

Gui picked up her cup of water and drank it, down to the last drop. “That’s right, I disguise myself against people who wants to use me.” Genie smiled as she hugged Gui.

Sensing the ruined lively atmosphere, Calvin poured some more alcohol into Aaron’s drink and smiled, hoping to bring back the lively air, he called out a random question in hopes of bringing the upbeat and happy atmosphere back. “If you ever went skinny-dipping before, DRINK!”

 

They glanced around... and... no one drank except for Jiro.

 

“YOU WENT SKINNY DIPPING BEFORE?! WHATT? WHENN?!” Calvin asked, Aaron then burst into laughter as Wu Chun clued him in.

“OH YEAH I REMEMBER! It was during one of my birthday, we played a game and he lost so we all dared him to go in.”

“HEY HEY, I TOLD YOU NOT TO MENTION IT! AND LOOK, YOU MADE ME DRINK AND YOU BROUGHT ‘THAT’ UP!”

“Hey hey, blame the game, not me.”

 

“Anyways, I think some of us are drunk so let’s end it and go back in.” Calvin stated as Wu Chun and Jiro got up, “Well I can’t drive since I have alcohol in my system so we are sleeping over~”

They yelled out as they walk in to set up their sleeping space in the penthouse then Gui glance over to Genie, “Since it’s late, call Auntie and Uncle that you will be staying here for the night. Let’s leave Iron Man who is fighting off his nightmares asleep, you can sleep here tonight Genie.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course! Stay! I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Gui reassured Genie with a smile as Aaron walk over, “It’s dangerous for a girl to go back now, stay here for the night.” Aaron said as Gui look up at him as they exchange glances to each other. Genie nodded as she took out her cell to call back home, leaving Aaron and Gui out on the balcony.

 

“I knew it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter