Chapter 28

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 28:  Give and Take

 

 

“It has been reported that earlier today at 7:20 p.m. The son of Mr. Yan, Aaron Yan has been admitted to the hospital due to an car accident down on Main Street. As of right now, we are awaiting for details on whether he will make it or not. Also it has been reported earlier by Mr. Yan that his son will soon be engaged to his girlfriend. We look forward to his recovery, reporting live from...”

 

 

 

The red lights turn on, indicating that the doctors are now in the operating room tending to Aaron. Mr. Yan and his family stood in the waiting corridor, praying and hoping that their son will recover. Mr. Wu and his family came in minutes after, as the grandparents stare at the red light heavily, they knew it was going to be awhile till the doctors come out to give their statement so they sat down and prayed for Aaron’s safe recovery.

“HOW IS HE? HOW’S AARON?”

Gui ran up to Danson who wrap his arms around his sister, closing his eyes tightly as she pushs him away. Repeating her question once again only to follow his eyes upwards to see the bright red light.

“No.. No.. This can’t be... He was fine this morning... how can he be in an accident... no... what happened? Why is he in an accident? He was fine! No... please be okay... Aaron...”

She collasped on the floor and cried.

Genie ran up to her, wrapping her arms around her as she comforted her. Trying her best not to cry but the tears came out, despite her best effort to not let it out, it came out.

Jiro, Calvin and Wu Chun look at one another, questioning what happened to Rainie and Aaron.

 

‘How did this happen?’

Jiro shrug.

 

‘What on earth happened to them?’

Wu Chun cross his arms.

 

‘What a mess...’

Cal whispered as they look up to see the bright red light on.

 

 

 

Several hours later . . .

 

 

“I called my parents to let them know I’ll be staying with Gui. So please, Auntie and Uncle, go home and sleep. We will be here when the doctor comes out. We’ll call you if anything happens so please, go home and rest.”

Genie can tell that the grandparents were getting exhausted so they nod, getting up with the help of Mr. Yan and Mrs. Wu who agreed to come back once Aaron is out of ER.

Genie sighed as she watch Wu Chun take off his jacket to cover her. Engulfing her in the warmness as Genie walk over to Gui, letting her head lay on her shoulder as they silently pray for Aaron’s safe recovery. Calvin and Jiro deeply sighed as they saw the security guards come over to them.

“There are less of them now(reporters), but there are still a few of them lounging arouund.”

“Got it, thanks man.”

Jiro responded as Cal rubbed his temples, hoping it will relax him but it only created more tensions as his mind was not at ease.

 

 

 

4 hours later . . .

 

 

 

“Go home... You guys need sleep. We can stay and wait for them to come out.”

Wu Chun nod as Jiro look over to them, asking them to go home and sleep, rest and come back since they looked like they were about to pass out. Gui Gui shook her head and stare at the red light once more, if it could change anything, she would look at it for as long as she could, hoping that Aaron is safe.

“Genie.”

Cal whispered quietly, pleading his girlfriend to convince Gui to go home and sleep. She glance over to Gui and here eyes soften, maybe Cal’s right, they need sleep. But knowing her best friend, she will need a bit more convincing since Gui did say she was going to stay till the ER doors open.

“Gui... We should go home. Aaron wouldn’t like seeing you like this...” She didn’t say anything. “Gui... let’s go home.”

Genie gently tugs her on the arm, slowly getting up to find Gui firmly sitting down. “We’ll come back first thing in the morning. The reporters won’t be there so early... and if we are lucky, we can walk past them first thing tomorrow morning.”

“Yeah, we’ll help you in and out.” Jiro said as Cal and Wu Chun nod.

“You and Wu Chun stay, I’ll bring the girls back home.” Calvin stated as he gently lift Gui up.

“NO! NO! I DON’T WANT TO GO!”

“Gui, we need to home, you need rest.”

“NO, I CAN’T! I NEED TO SEE IF AARON IS OKAY!”

“Jiro and Wu Chun will stay and be with him. Until then, please listen to me and go home and sleep. We will come first thing in the morning.”

Genie’s voice sounded urgent and Gui caught it.

When she came back to her senses, Gui slowly nod as Cal drop her to her feet, allowing her to walk on her own while Genie held her by the arm. As they were walking away, Gui turn around to see the bright light still on. ‘Please be okay, I don’t know what I’ll do if you aren’t okay...’

 

 

 

An hour later . . .

 

 

 

 

Rainie ran through the hallways, looking for the ER room where she saw Wu Chun and Jiro sitting down, hands covering their face. They looked exhausted and she didn’t blame them, they told her that Aaron has been admitted in the hospital for quite some time, enough to break her heart.

Mike walk over to Wu Chun and Jiro, they look like walking zombies but at this time of night, it’s impressive that they were able to stay awake. “Hey, I ran lights to get here.” Mike heavily pants as Rainie collapse on the cold floor, starinig at the ER doors in silence as her tears came out.

“What happened? When I left, he was still alive and breathing! How did this happen?” Her voice was beginning to quiver while Jiro closed his eyes tightly.

“What happened between you two Rain?” Mike spoke up, breakin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter