Chapter 26

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[AN : I AM OVER THE HEADS IN LOVE WITH THIS SONG / ALIEN HUANG - ONE PERCENT POSSILBITY / SO I DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO IT]

CHAPTER 26:  One Percent Possibility

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                   

—if only time cease to move,

Life will be full of one time moments,

But will it be worth it? (To stop time?)

Without time, will it bring happiness or emptiness?

If only for a moment, only for a moment.

I want to try.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

As the sun begin to climb towards the hoizon, greeting everyone with a brightening light that is enough to make one smile unconditionally. As the sunlight peek through the curtains, Gui open her eyes and shift her gaze over to Aaron who laid beside her, eyes closed, snoring nonchantly and breathing evenly. Her lips curled up as she thought to herself, he has no thoughts of waking up and he certainly didn’t plan on it and the thought made Gui smile more. After a moment of wishing time would stop,  she slowly lift her body off the bed, being extremely careful not to wake him upn but when his arms wrap around her waist, she knew the devil himself was awake—half-awake. She too, didn't really want to leave his side so she settle herself back down. So she lean in close to whisper, turning around to see his eyes still close, arms wrap around her waist with a big smile on his face.

“Good morning Aaron.”

“Mhmm good morning Gui.”

“Rise and shine sleepyhead~ We have alot of things to do today.”

“Mhmm.”

She knew he was going to sleep in longer so why wake him up early? She got up and made her way over to the curtains, shifting the curtains to the side of the window, her gaze fell towards the sea. Remembering where she was and as the events follows their trip, her lips curve into a smile.

“It’s a beautiful day, Aaron.”

She turn around to see his eyes still shut tight, fast asleep. “Someone was up late last night.” She softly chuckled as she made her way to her luggage, popping it open to take out a brand new set of clothes. “Anywho, its time to get ready!”

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Back in Taiwan,

 

 

 

 

“It's all I am asking, let’s just hear her out. I’m sure she has alot to say.”

Wu Chun and Jiro did not picture themselves sitting down on a Saturday morning, drinking coffee or tea but when Calvin call them out earlier, they just didn’t picture themselves in a cafe, ordering coffee and tea. It could be someone else’s hobby but it wasn’t their idea to spent their Saturday morning sitting in a cafe.

“It sure is a nice day today!” Jiro cried out, putting his sunglasses on.

They were sitting outside in the resturant’s patio, it was a beautiful day to be sitting outside and sipping their drinks, feeling the warm sunrays on their skin. Jiro heavily sighed as they catch themselves adjusting thier sunglasses towards the sunlight. They all had their sunglasses on, looking as handsome as ever, they weren’t attempting to impersonate themselves as sunglasses models (which everyone thinks and believes it to be) but they were simply shading themselves from the sun. UV-rays were high that morning and they could feel the air start to get humid.

Truth be told, neither of them knew what to do but the very least they could do is hear her out. With so much things happening in their lives, it was good to start fresh and put a end to un-resolved problems. Even if it hurts to face them, who said it would be painless?

“I’m open to listening.”

Calvin spoke up as Wu Chun lips curl up into a smile. At first, he call them out to have a small brunch but looking at the bigger picture, he knew that it would be strange if Rainie shows up. He has thought about their friendship for so long now, Wu Chun and Rainie have been friends since Pre-K and if he doesn’t set things right, he won’t be able to move on and start his respective future. They got along fine in the past so how can one revert back to that time? Whatever the case may be, it wasn't impossible to give it a try, at least that's what they thought. After a moment of free-spirited chit-chat, Jiro caught Rainie coming in. He could've sworn he caught her hesitation for a split second but she picked up her courage and made her way over to them. He smiled, waving her over as the boys watch her walk over to the patio, sitting down as she kept her fedora hat and sunglasses on. Illuminating an air of fine elegance around her.

“Long time no see Rainie!” She giggled, quickly ordering a drink before responding to the group of boys. “It has been a long time guys, how are you guys?”

After a few rounds of ‘hello’s and ‘how are you’ were exchanged, the atmosphere quickly came down to a silent pause as they linger on what to say next and how to revive that happy atmosphere they started with.

“Aaron’s on a trip, he won’t be back until tomorrow night.”

“Is that so? Then I guess I’ll have to wait.” Wu Chun’s eye brow rose as he watch her, with a small smile. “You guys have alot catching up to do. It’s not weird if you want to make things right between you two.”

“Just don’t start trouble. The last thing we want is trouble.” Jiro added as he took a sip of his drink while gazing at the cars drivng on the busy road. “It sure is a beautiful day out.”

“What are your plans after you talk to Aaron?”

“I haven’t thought that far yet. But as far as I know, Taipei is waiting for me. My family is there so I might be going back.”

“Tell Auntie and Uncle I said Hi.” The boys nod as they watch Rainie smile. “This might sound cliche but you should smile more, every girl should feel like a million bucks.”

“What Jiro means is that you should smile more often. Girls look a hundred times prettier when they smile.” Calvin spoke as Jiro smirked. “They just look prettier without all that melo-dramatic sad look.”

Rainie’s smile got bigger as Wu Chun pick his drink up and gulped it down.

“Anyways, whenever you are ready, we will help you meet Aaron. We are not going to intervene since you are not in a relationship with all of us. It’s between you and Aaron, we won’t in. Just know that we will be friends, despite whatever the outcome is, we will be hear to hear you out.”

“Chunnie... Jiro... Cal... Thank you so much.”

“Yeah, we are still friends afterall.” Rainie stare at her cell, reading the message that popped up on her phone and when she did, she got up, picking up her belongings. Her lips curve into a smile as she wave at them. “Rainie, whatever happens, stay strong.”

“Got it Chunnie! Thank you Jiro and Cal, you guys always know how to cheer me up~”

“Good luck Rainie.”

As they watch Rainie get up from the table and made her way out of the resturant, Jiro crossed his arms and smirked. Despite the fact that they haven’t seen or talked to each other, they were still consider each other friends. Even if years and years fly past them, each of them have known Rainie for so long so it was normal to help each other out. Ever since Aaron and Gui’s relationship, Aaron has been able to stop his player lifestyle and whenever he was with Gui, they were in a relationship where it made them both happier; stronger. Like their what Aaron’s dad wanted, to clear Aaron’s obsessed addiction to partying and alcohol—it worked. For better or for worse, as long as it worked.

But with Rainie in the picture, will it change or will they be stronger then ever? Only time can tell.

“Why do I feel like I just sabatoge their relationship? Wouldn’t it be better if Rainie and Aaron doesn’t meet each other?”

“No... I think they need to talk to each other. They have so much emotions bottled up and if they keep it hidden any longer, they will burst.” Wu Chun look over to Calvin who smiled. “I agree with Cal. They have so much questions so it’s only right for them to meet up and talk about them. They didn’t end their relationship so this is their chance to get everything out, once in for all.”

“What happened to the ‘whatever happened in the past stays in the past?’”

“We are doing this to benefit the three of them.”

“I just hope it doesn’t create a war.”

“And why do you always view things so negatively? What ever happened to the good ol’ days when we thought that patching old wounds is good? I don’t know about you guys but I will view this as a positive.”

“Done out of love huh?”

“Completely and unconditionally.”

Jiro and Wu Chun laughed at Cal’s casualities before getting up, finally figuring out a way to spend their beautiful Saturday without all the alcohol, clubs and girls. Without all the V.I.P standards and attention. It was still early to hit the club so what can they do?

That is for them to know and for us to find out.

 

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Now, back to the crystal ocean waters where

Gui and Aaron are enjoying a land full of endless

possibilities and love for the land and the people,

Puerto Plata.

 

 

 

 

From observing amber in the Amber Museum to hiking to see beautiful waterfalls. From eating at a five-star restaurant to having a Spanish home-cooked meal cooked by their wonderful tour-guide Clarissa, Gui and Aaron’s journey has taken them to the last day of their 2 weeks vacation.

They went snorkelling, played water games with locals and experiencing the jealous Aaron as he watch Gui interact with other Spanish guys, he could say he had an a grand experience. Gui on the other hand had a marvelous time in Puerto Plata. They went deep sea diving, looking at the beauty underwater and to much shock, she got flustered when Aaron was surrounded by all the girls in bikinis. As much of a flirt he was, she wanted some pay-back so she conversed in a light-hearted conversations with some good-looking, friendly Spanish locals.

 

 

 

 

On their last night at Puerto Plata, Gui and Aaron finished eating at the restaurant so now, they are walking back to their hotel. With their hands interwined with each other, listening to the ocean’s waves and as the stars twinkle brightly above them, they began to talk about everything they have been through since their first day in Puerto Plata. Everything has been a dream and like all dreams, we realize that everything will stay as a delicate memory—waking up from a beautiful dream.

As Gui’s sun-dress blow as one with the wind, Aaron smile as he took off his fedora hat and placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter