Chapter 19

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 19: Words Penetrate Deep Within

 

 

- - - - - - - - 

 

They say that love makes us weak,

but has it ever occurred to them that maybe it was the other way around?

 

Love makes us strong,

and it turns out that these words are true. 

 

- - - - - - - - 

 

 

 

“Now this is some messed up sh!t.”

Rainie slowly open her eyelids to see Aaron tied up beside her. Breaking out in cold sweat, she look  over to see the man twirl his blade in full circles, admiring it unconditionally as she stare at Aaron who was bruised. “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?”

She cried out only to have him ignore him, he glared at the man.

The only light source was a light bulb hanging loosely on a string hanging from the ceiling, dangling from above. He sat on a chair as he plant his elbows on top of the table, tracing the outline of the blade.

“PLEASE! LET US GO!” That did it, it triggered his anger.

In a blink of an eye, the man kick his chair and flip the table in frustration as he point the blade over to them. Aaron moved over to shield Rainie from the man. ‘What’s going on?’

“So ya telling me that this kid is not ya boyfriend? But an ex?”

His men nod as he kicked him in the stomach, hard. “GET OUT, GET OUT NOW!” and they did, they ran out of the room, locking the door behind them as they left the room like scurring rats.

“DAMN, DAMN, DAMNIT! SH!T YA MOTHERF!CKERS! DAMN YOU ALL!”

He ran his hands through his hair as he glare at the two people on the floor, as helpless as they look. “Okay, here’s the deal. I saw ya making eye-googly love shots to him at that stupid party and that’s when it clicked for me, ya are still in love with him and luckily for me, it all came to me so fricken fast. But ya—” He look over to Aaron who glared at him. “—Rainie is a girl who every guy likes so I thought ya liked her back. BUT WHO KNEW THAT YA TWO ARE LONG TIME OVER? SERIOUSLY DUDE? RAINIE? REALLY? But now that I think about it, ya were with someone else at that ridiculous rich society party right? Another girl right? Did your parents set ya up? Just like what they did with ya and this girl? Seriously. Ya parents are two stupid families.”

“So you know the truth now let us go.” Aaron spoke up but it was no use. In the back on his mind, he knew the answer before the man got the chance to say it. There was no way they were going to let them go. Judging by how mad he is, he wasn’t going to let them go and Rainie knew that if he doesn’t get what he gets, he will go to extra lengths to get it. But at what cost?

“I WANT MY MONEY!” He roared but he calmed down, trying to relieve his tensions. “Unlike yourselves, I always have a back-up plan. If you don’t get me my money, I always have my ways.”

He walked over and grab Rainie by her hair, dragging her over with him. “OUCH! OWWWW OUCH! YOU SON OF A *****!”

“Ohh~ Language darlin’.”

He drop her on the floor, leaving her cheek pressed up on the floor as he bent down to hold her chin up for him to see the look on her face. If only she wasn’t so young, he would’ve done anything he pleases with her but since she was not, if anything goes wrong, he knows people who would pay a good price for her face and body.

“Ya old man should’ve played his cards right. If he did, then ya wouldn’t be in this position right now. It’s funny huh? He played my women and in the end, I will play with ya.”

Her eyes widen as he heard him chuckle. “Don’t worry, ya not my type. I don’t go for ya children. But if ya were 5 years older, I will re-consider.” He felt her shrink under his breath and truthfully, it was thrilling.

“DON’T TOUCH HER!”

The man got up and stepped on her, “Here’s the deal pretty boy. I will release ya two on two conditions. Ya will go home and transfer money into my account and I will have nothing to do with ya two anymore. But if ya go and talk to the police, I will bring ya back and I will send your parent’s a friendly gift. There’s nothing that says homecoming with gifts of ya body parts. So do we understand each other?”

“NO! AARON, DON’T PROMISE HIM!”

Aaron look over to Rainie who shook her head vigorously, trying to use him, to plead him not to do it. While she shook her head continuously, pleading him not to do it but all that changed when he held his blade up her cheek. Running it through her cheeks, slowly as she felt the cold metal slide across her cheeks. He was a man whose willing to do anything and he would.

The silence could be felt, she was silently urging Aaron not to fall for his tricks but it seems like Aaron was determined to get them both out, alive.

“YES, I PROMISE YOU!”

Rainie eyes widen as the man call in his men into the room. “Bring Rainie with you guys, if anything goes wrong, report back to me.” They nod, walking out of the room with Rainie while she stare look at Aaron who looked back at her, telepathically telling her not do anything silly. But the silly one isn’t her, it was him.

When the room was just two of them, the man snickered happily as Aaron watch his belly go up and down as he laugh his down merrily lane.

“Promise me that you will not chase after them after I give you the money.”

“I am a man of my words.”

“No, I want to hear it from you, personally.” He glared at the kid. “Are ya striking a deal with me?”

“Yes, promise me.”

“Fine, I’ll release that girl and that old man will be free. Now can we go and get my money?” The man continue to look at the kid and smiled before calling one of his men into the room. “Yes boss?”

“This kid will give us our money, you go with him and if he does any funny business, do whatever you please.”

“Yes, boss.”

The men walk over to Aaron, untying his hands as he look over to his boss. Aaron stared at the man, cautiously. “Don’t do any funny business, my eye is on the money, nothing else.”

The man took out his gun and held it against Aaron’s back. “Now go and bring me my money.”

 

 

 

••••

 

 

 

Gui look up at Genie who was getting ready for the event Cal and his buddies have prepared for.

When Aaron left her place, she met up with Genie who called her up to help her prep.

Up to this point, no one told her what was going on but she figured that she will just have to go with the flow. The boys have their own plans and the way she see’s it, they won’t go around screaming what their plans were for the night so Gui decided to step back and watch.

Gui look over to Xiao Yu who was playing with his Iron Man action figures.

“Hey Xiao Yu, I heard you helped your sister and Calvin? Is that right?” Xiao Yu look over to Gui with twinkling eyes. “YES I DID!”

“That’s good for you! Now that they are boyfriend and girlfriend, Genie has been really happy.”

“Gui Jie, Genie has been staying up really late talking to him on the phone! Now she has no time for me~”

“Aw, but you have this little ghost here!”

“But Gui Jie, Genie Jie said that you have a boyfriend now too.”

“Did she?”

Gui look over to Genie who stuck out her tongue.

“Yea, Genie Jie said that it was the boy you were living with OH and Gui Jie, did he apologize to his parents yet?” huh?

Gui look over to Xiao Yu weirdly, trying to figure out what he meant by that. “Aaron Ge said that in order for his parents to forgive him, he needs to say sorry to them. So did he?”

“Why Xiao Yu, how did you get so good at this? Aaron Ge did say sorry!”

“GOOOD!” Genie’s mom called out and Xiao Yu smiled, running out of the room to where his mother was calling him. Gui smiled as she crossed her arms, looking at Genie amused.

“You told him that we’re together?”

“Xiao Yu was curious to know So how are you? When I called you today, you look like you were in a good mood. Did something happen or better yet, did Aaron do something?”

“Before I answer that question, what is Cal going to do? He is getting you dressed up like this for what reason? Are you guys going to go help out at the animal shelter dressed like that?”

Genie reached over and throw a pillow her way. “No! Cal said he has other plans for tonight so I just want to dress up for it.”

“Aw, Cal must be the luckiest guy on this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter