Chapter 20

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 20:  All I Have

 

 

 

“GUI!”

Wu Chun stop to see Aaron run past him. Seeing how Aaron is chasing after Gui, Wu Chun stop and heavily sighed, looking up at the sky to see the rain clouds beginning to cry. He noticed that the air was moist—there will be rain soon. He stuff his hands into his pocket and began to make his way back.

Meanwhile, when Aaron got close, he grab her hand, pulling her close and wrap his arms around her.

“LET ME GO!”

“NO I CAN’T, GUI, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME.”

 

 

••••

 

 

 

“You all heard him, it seems like Aaron doesn’t care about my daughter!”

“NO!” Grandmother Yan begins, “He is just a little upset. The Yang’s have a daughter named Rainie and Aaron was just asking how she was doing afterall, they used to be friends.”

“HOW RIDICULOUS!” Mr. Wu roared out loud as Vi Wu stood up, rubbing his back. “Sit back down honey.”

“When I heard that your son took out a massive sum out of his account this evening, I was curious. Thinking he’s going to take that money to put in good use and book a event or travel with my daughter but no, he used that money for something else.”

“Honey, calm down. Maybe Aaron wanted to end all ties with Rainie, you can’t just jump into conclusions like this. Think about our daughter and her happiness!” Vi Wu firmly stated as Mr. Wu exhaled heavily. “HER HAPPINESS IS WHAT I AM WORRIED ABOUT! Think about it, she is so used to living with us that she is too bounded by us. If she was to start over and live on the streets, she won’t be able to handle it!”

“HONEY! THINK ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER’S FEELINGS!!”

“I AM THINKING ABOUT HERS, WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? I AM HER FATHER, OF COURSE I WORRY ABOUT HER!”

“THEN STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF AND THINK ABOUT HER HAPPINESS!”

Vi Wu got up and made her way over to Grandmother Yan’s side. “Our children are still young, maybe they are not ready for all the marriage talks.”

“And that’s why we suggested a trial period, hoping they would get used to the idea of living together and just the thought of being together is enough but what have we came to? Aaron is thinking about another girl?”

“Aaron has nothing to do with her anymore.”

“Oh yeah? Fine. Let’s say that Aaron cut ties with her but that doesn’t mean that your family has any problems does it?”

“What do you mean by that Wu?”

“Don’t think I don’t know what your family’s situation is. A couple of years ago, you guys were close to being bankrupt but with a of luck, you guys manage to climb back up and redeem yourselves.”

“Wu, we have been friends for so long. Are we just going to throw our old friendship away just because of some tiny misunderstanding? Aaron and Ying Jie are still young so they will rebel and say things they don’t really mean. We were like that so can’t you ignore the public noise and put our friendship first?”

“Yan, I am trying to see the other positive signs but all it has given me is all this rubbish talk. Fine, I know the Yang’s have been trying to rebuild their empire and from what I can see, they have hit a road-block.”

Mr. Wu snap his fingers and Danson came in with a folder. Both Mr. Yan and grandmother Yan glance over to the papers and read the content.

“T–T–This i–is—” Mr. Yan continued after grandmother Yan. “How did you get this?!”

“I asked someone to look into it. It turns out that the Yang’s is unsuccessful with his resurrection so he bit off more than he can take when he asked someone for a loan. I am guessing Aaron took this money to repay his debt.” Mr. Wu summed up as he look over to Danson. “I still keep our friendship alive ol’pal. But just to let you know, my daughter means the world to me. If this anything happens, I will do whatever it takes to make things right.”

“Wu, give me time. I’ll sort this out.” Mr. Wu bowed over to grandmother Yan who smiled, urging them to leave.

 

.

.

 

When they left, Grandmother Yan slam the papers on the desk. Looking over to her son as she sat down, rubbing her temples.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?”

“Mom... Things came up and it hit me like a brick too!”

“I THINK YOU JUST RUINED YOUR SON’S HAPPINESS!” She took the papers again. “So... Something happened and we were close to being bankrupt... It sounds unrealistic but since there are papers to prove it, how can it not be wrong?”

“Mom... I wanted to do what was right.”

“You gave them money, wow, you are amazing. You should’ve become an inspector if you managed to pull this off!”

“Mom, stop. I feel just as bad as you do.”

“Son, we grow up and learn from our mistakes. I only hope that this doesn’t happen again, got it?”

He look over to his mother and smiled. “At this point, I don’t even know how the children will handle it. Originally, this was supposed to be news to us, adults but now, the children have gotten involved in all this. I just hope this chapter ending will be a happy-ending.”

“We learn from our mistakes.”

“That’s right, we always do.”

“Anyways, where’s dad?” Grandmother Yan took her tea and smiled joyfully. “He is out with old man Wu. They are planning a vacation trip for Aaron and Ying Jie.”

“But—”

“The past stays in the past. We cannot let the past repeat itself so what we know won’t hurt them as much as the hurt it did to us. I know that I am blunt but please, don’t let your old man find out. He will chop off your head if he finds out, at least it is I, who knows about I right honey?” Mr. Yan smiled as he look over to his mother. “One last thing, can I advise you on something? It will come out as stupid but can you heed to my request?”

Grandmother Yan proceeded to say what she wanted, leaving Mr. Yan furious as he head into his study.

“Oh my, still as stubborn as ever son.”

 

 

 

••••

 

 

 

“LET ME GO AARON!”

As the rain drench Aaron and Gui, she force herself to muster up the strength to loose his grip but it was all done in vain.

“I’m going to stay over at Genie’s so feel free to bring your girlfriends over tonight.” And she ran off. “GUI! COME BACK HERE AND LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF!”

Despite Aaron’s wish to clear up any misunderstandings between them, Gui didn’t stop to listen to Aaron. All she wanted was to get away and be alone. Even if it’s just for a short amount of time, all she wants was time alone and that’s what she got.

She took out her cellphone and waited for the receiver to pick up her call.

In her mind, she knew that there was no way she was going to pick up her call because she was on a date but right now, she wanted to give it a try. So she waited, waited and waited for someone to pick up and to her surprise, Genie did pick up the call.

“Gui? What’s up?”

“Genie...”

“Are you crying.... NO WAIT, YOU ARE CRYING AREN’T YOU? ARE YOU CRYING GUI?!”

Gui weakly smile as she look around her to see herself in an unfamiliar neighbourhood. ‘Where am I?’

“Tell me where you are! Cal and I are coming to pick you up!” Gui can hear Genie rushing Calvin to eat faster. “Genie... Can I stay over?”

“OF COURSE, just tell me where you are so that we can come get you.”

“I am...” Gui glance around to see a couple of shops around the neighbourhood, hoping to see a shop she was familiar with. “... I will meet you at Summer’s Guitar Service.”

“Summer’s Guitar Service?”

“Hey isn’t that close to Aaron’s house?” Calvin asked as Genie shushed him. “We will come and get you Gui!”

 

 

-Beep-Beep-

 

 

‘Great, my phone died.’ Gui glance at the sky for a moment before making up her mind and running over to the store.

When she felt the rain cease, she look up to see that she was shelter by the store. Heavily sighing, she bent down and squatted, hugging her knees as she watch the rain drops hit the ground.

While Gui remained quiet, she felt the door open and out came a man with his guitar case behind him.

“Well, don’t remember to tune your guitar whenever the strings gets out of tune. If you keep forgetting, your guitar will have to be dropped soon got it? Even though you are one of my most valued customer, I cannot keep reminding you to come in once to get it—”

“—Yeah yeah, I get it. Shesh, you sound like my mother—No, like a grandmother.”

“Just a friendly reminder.”

“Yeah yeah, tell Rainie I said Hi. She must be overwhelmed right now—” When the lady was about to head back in, she caught Gui staring up at them. “—why hello there?”

The lady and the man took notice of her clothes drenched in water from the rain and in addition, it was still raining outside so they knew that she was only there to avoid herself being drenched by the rain.

“Wanna come in? It’s not healthy staying out in the rain like this, even if you are just avoiding it. Staying somewhere warm will help you avoid getting sick.” Gui shook her head and smiled. “No thankyou, I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter