Chapter 27

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

CHAPTER 27:   Second Chances

 

 

 

As Aaron carry their luggages down, Gui smiled happily as she link her fingers with Aaron’s and walk out of the airport terminal together. Being back in Taiwan gave them a different feeling so after their wonderful visit to Puerto Plata ended, Gui didn’t want to leave but knowing that they must go back to Taiwan; it was bittersweet.

Aaron smiled as they put their sunglasses on and walk out, greeting their friends who were waiting for them.

“Wow, who knew the Aaron Yan and his mystery lady will announce their engagement so soon? Fantastic!” Wu Chun commented as he cross his arms, anticipating the blushing from Aaron but only Gui blushed, looking happy as ever so Wu Chun just continue to tease the two.

“Not the reaction I was looking for, but it’ll do.”

“How does it feel to be back in Taiwan? It feels different huh?”

“Yeah it sure does!” Gui call out as she look at Cal and Genie who was smiling to each other like any sweet couple would. “Yeah, Danson told us that he was hoping you guys will take things slow but since Aaron called in this morning saying how he wants to publize your relationship, we are all happy to hear this awesome news. So Danson will have to find a way to cope with his sister being engaged before him, I don’t blame him, it’ll be hard not to be the first to get engaged.”

“Geez, how protective is that brother of yours?!” Jiro said as Gui laughed. “That’s my brother for you guys! He can get pretty protective but he is my brother who looks out for me.”Aaron then look over to Gui. “From now on, he won’t have to worry about you anymore. Since I will be here for you.” Gui blush while their friends made a disgusted face.

“You still have your friends here. Save your lovey-dovey talk when you guys get back home. Please for the last time, save us from whatever you guys do. You guys are breaking my gentle heart, I am single and you half of us are in a relationship!” Jiro call out as Wu Chun agreed with him. “I agree; you and Cal are sooo similar. It’s frightening for anyone in their right mind to witnessall of this lovey-dovey thing you guys keep doing.” Calvin and Genie smiled as he peck her on the cheeks. “Just showing you guys she’s mine.”

“Yeah Yeah, we got that message a looong time agooo.”

As everyone burst into laughter, Gui smiled as she watch Aaron and his friends stay behind since they wanted to have some hangout time with each other, calling it their ‘man-time.’ Genie smiled as she link her arms with Gui, bringing her back to their ‘girl-time.’

“Can you help me Gui?”

“You know I will always say yes to you, Genie. What’s up?”

“It’s going to be Calvin’s birthday soon, I want you to go shopping with me and help me pick a gift for him.”

“Oh of course I’ll go with you!”

“Thank you Gui!”

Leaving on a happy note, the girls make their way to the shopping mall in hopes of finding a gift for Calvin.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Aaron stop and stare at the door that separated him and her.

 

 

Flashback

“What? You want me to do what?”

Wu Chun, Jiro and Calvin knew that breaking the news to Aaron isn’t exactly a good idea to do since he announce his relationship with Gui but keeping in mind of their unresolved business, they weren’t exactly done. Whatever the case is, Rainie left on her own resolve and to come back months later, when he is finally about to move on... Why now?

“I know you want to start your relationship with Gui on a fresh, clean note but we thought that it would be a good idea to go back a couple of paces and talk to Rainie. You need to make a clean break and by doing that, you need to start somewhere right? The first step is to listen.”

Aaron could feel his emotions getting in the way, blocking his conscience from thinking straight. They were right, his friends are right. “I’ll go, I want to hear her side of the story.”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

He walk into the apartment to find Rainie sitting on the couch, absent-minded while she stares out the window, observing the view in silence. He blankly stare at her, he found himself in his old-self. Back when they were together, he could still feel their feelings reaching out for one another and it pains him to acknowledge it.

 

“Rainie.”

 

She froze at his voice.

How could it be so long since she heard his voice?

Slowly, she turn her head to face him.

Her eyes soften as she slowly got up from her seat to meet his gaze.

 

 

Flashback

“C’mon kid, don’t play stupid with me. Ya don’t expect me to buy all that bullsh!t ya are selling to me rite? When those Yang’s left ya family, your financial did not do so well so I figured that ya parents might’ve asked that naive girl’s family for money. Ya know, after-all, that girl left yo for money.”

“What are you talking about?”

He was confused. He didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth so when he said the words he did, he didn’t know what to believe. He was soo confused at the words that came out of his mouth that he failed to realize that Rainie and Uncle Yang came into the room.

 “S–STOP AARON! I TOLD YOU NOT TO GIVE HIM ANY MONEY BUT YOU WENT AND GAVE HIM MONEY ANYWAYS? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I TOLD YOU NOT TO—”

“Let’s stop this Rainie. You can’t be telling me that you want me to just leave you and walk away like this? Even if I did leave you, you would’ve been in trouble and I didn’t want to see you like this.” Aaron stared at Rainie as the words that man told him repeated repeatedly. “Did you leave me for him?”

“Who?”

“Did you leave me for him? You cheated on me and left me for him didn’t you?”

Rainie gaze remained on him and in a split second, she could see his eyes blaze with anger.

“Aaron...”

“–Then did you leave me for money?”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Rainie ran over to him and wrap her arms around him. All the emotions she had bottled inside her came out and she was now in tears. The tension in the room left and all that could be felt was their solemn hearts moving in unison with each other.

“Rainie...”

He dreamt about being back in Rainie’s embrace for so long.

Then he was reminded of Gui and he gently slip away from her embrace and at that moment, she could tell that he wasn’t hers to hold. He’s no longer the boy she’s engaged to, their relationship flew out the window the moment she left him—he was hurt.

 

“Aaron... I’m sorry... I had to.”

“Tell me what happened.”

 

He was trying so hard to keep his composed posture and despite all odds, there is still something about her that prompt him to do the exact opposite. She probably knows him better than he does so is this how she is able to tug onto his heart?

 

The past stays in the past.

Does this saying explain their situation?

 

Rainie stare at the Aaron, the man who was able to open her ice cold heart and she smiled; now looking at him now, she can tell that he was still there. Deep inside, no matter how much he changes, he is still the boy she fell in love in a once upon a time love story between them. Despite loving the boy that understood her whole-heartedly, how does she break the news of their breakup to Aaron? How can she begin to narrate her own story? How... and where does she begin?

“My family... begin to cumble due to the sudden set-back financial... I had no choice but to leave you.”

“Why... Why didn’t you tell me? I would’ve helped you! Rainie, didn’t we promise to come to each other for help? Why didn’t you come to me? When you needed help, why didn’t you tell me?”

Aaron allow his emotions to get the best of him as he revert back to his old-self; the one who fell for Rainie Yang.

“I had no choice! I gave myself a choice, I had to choose if I want to stay with you or save my family and at that moment, I knew how hard it will be to lose one or the other but I had no choice.”

“You choose your family... but I don’t understand how my father fits in— wait. Hold on... What did my father do?”

“...”

 

Rainie remain silent as he walks over to her, gripping her shoudlder tightly. He could tell she was trying to move away from the subject but there is no way he is going to leave this conversation without knowing what happened to Rainie.

 

“Aaron... I’m sorry.”

“Tell me Rainie, what happened?”

“Aaron... I’m sorry... I can’t say.”

“Stop hiding Rainie and tell me exactly what happened to you!”

 

 

Flashback

“YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED HER BACK, HOW CAN YOU GUYS JUST LET HER GO LIKE THAT?! DAD! TALK TO ME!”

“Son... We were going to announce your engagement to the Wu’s, stop your inappro—”

“DAD! TELL ME THE TRUTH! DID SHE TAKE THE MONEY?”

“Son... We were on the blink of going bankrupt. So that’s why—”

“How can we be on the verge of going bankrupt when you gave money to them? No wait—hold on—we were... almost bankrupt? What do you mean by that...?”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

At the end of the day, Aaron knew he wouldn’t be suffie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter