Chapter 18

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                                                                                                                                

CHAPTER 18:   Closure

 

 

 

Rainie kept her gaze at the two rings in the palm of her hand and within a second, her mind went into an oasis.

 

In her mind, she picture myself going back to somewhere beautiful.

Where nothing can disturb her and she was only beginning to live her life.

He was a boy that she thought suited her; he was everything she wanted and she knew he felt the same way she did.

 

Sadly, now looking past all the innocent facade and getting a better look at things, where did their memories go?

 

 

Flashback

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!” Aaron yelled out as he held onto her, preventing her from going anywhere.

“I THOUGHT YOU SAID WE WERE GOING TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER? WAS IT A LIE? TELL ME, WAS IT A LIE?”

 

The words that she was dreading not to say had finally came out. Everything happened in a blur and before she knew it, Aaron slammed the door and left her. He didn’t want to believe that their time spent together was all a facade. But right now, he needs to face reality.

Reality was never a pretty picture that only depicted the goodness of the world, it was a mad-man’s world and they were to simple-minded to believe that they could have been happy together.

These were the words he heavily regarded and left her in, ‘they were over.’

Sadly, Reality was a real b .itch. One would say that you are better of knowing the pure and simple illusion of it rather than dealing with the brutal truth. Nonetheless, reality was a real pain in the a.ss but in her case, it was her only choice.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

How beautiful was the past?

 

 

 

Rainie shook her head bewildered at her sudden flood of memories making their way back to her, not wanting to keep reminiscing, she peel her gaze away from the rings to find her phone, ringing in her purse.

“Hello?”

“RAINIE! HEL– Long time no see Rainie, how are ya?” She instantly shot up as she took the call somewhere else, away from anyone’s ears. “What do you want?”

“I’m just catching up with me long time ol’ pal.”

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY DAD?!”

“Didn’t ya tell her?”

Rainie could hear my dad’s muffled cries in the background and it was enough to make her stomach knot.

“Don’t ya know why ya dad didn’t attend his pal’s party tonite’?” She waited for him to continue and in doing so, her mind and stomach twist in spirals and turns that was enough to make her go sick.

“WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM US? LEAVE US ALONE!”

“Nuh uh, not in a long shot darlin’. Ya see, ya still have some unsettled bills and I am a man of me word so if ya can transfer my sum to me in the next week, ya dad will be walk away as a free man. But if I don’t see that sum in me account, ya’ll are going to deal with the consequences got it girl?”

Before she got the chance to negotiate any further, the man hung up the call with her father’s cry in the background. ‘THAT DESPICABLE MAN!’

Rainie slam her fists on the wall and sat on the ground, contemplating on what to do. How was she going to get fast cash? She’s no miracle worker and she has her pride to keep intact so where the hell is she going to find the amount he’s asking for? Rainie can feel her strength dimishing and she allowed herself to feel a moment of lost.

 

“I thought I saw you earlier.”

 

If there was anyone who can make anyone squirm, it would be this person. This individual holds a great deal of reputation and respect—he was on an entirely different level. On the outside, he’s a man whose all smiles but no matter how big or small a single needle was, as long as it was pointed at him, he will use his authoritative power to spin the neddle the other way. In short, know who and how to pick your battles. And certainly, this man isn’t the man anyone can take on.

“G–Good evening Mr. Yan.”

“Where’s your father? Did you come to this party alone?” She forced a smile and simply gave a nod. “Yes, I came alone.”

“I see, well I must be off, I have some business to take care of.”

“Yes, Mr. Yan.”

“It was nice seeing you again, Miss. Rainie Yang.”

“It was nice seeing you too uncl–“ She could see his eyebrow raise, in question. Rainie gulped, quickly correcting herself. “—Mr. Yan.”

Acknowleging that slip of tongue, he decided not to pursue her anylonger so he walk past her and into the party where he caught up with old friends and acquaintances while Rainie turn around and ran off. Hoping to get as far away as she possibly could but in doing so, she bumped into someone unknowingly. Taken by surprise, the rings that she was holding fell out of her hand and all she could hear was the sound of the rings being dropped on the floor.

Caught off guard, Rainie quickly bent down to pick up the one ring closest to her but when she look around for the other ring, she stop to see a girl hold up the ring, staring right at her in confusion.

“This...” The girl began and looked over to Rainie, almost like questioning her motive. “...Where did you find this?”

Fed up with everything, Rainie made my way over to her, grabbing the ring out of her hand in a swift motion. “It’s mine.”

“Yours?”

The girl stared at Rainie with a frown. ‘There has been a lot of people who likes to claim things they found.’

“As in finders keeper?”

“No, it’s mine.”

Rainie was about to ran off but she froze when she saw Aaron walking towards her, caught in an surprise, she could feel herself come into an halt as the girl beside her ran over to him.

“Aaron, let’s go meet up with the others!”

 

 

 

If it was a second longer, he could’ve seen her but it seems like fate has another idea in store for their reunion.

 

 

Rainie clutch onto the rings and walked out of the party. She waited for a brief moment as she watch the car pull up in front of her, as her designated driver got out to open the door for her, she look up at the starry sky, looking up to catch the shining stars lighting up the midnight sky. How wonderful will it be to disappear during the morning and appear in the night? As the memories came flooding back, she wipe the tears away from her face. If someone mentioned Aaron, she would’ve shrug it off but why is it that out of everyday, she cries when she spotted him smiling and having a good time? She should be happy, this was the outcome of her decision, she shouldn’t be regretting it but as the scene of him smiling with another girl kept popping up in her mind. “I think I’m going crazy.” She quietly call out as she continue to look at the stars, wondering how many wishes the stars get asked on a daily basis.

Who knows? She has never given any thoughts as to why she choose to look up at the starry night sky but she did. Ever since she broke up with Aaron, she has never looked up at the sky nor had the slightest thought but tonight was a bit different then every other passing day, she went ahead and gave her some time to glance at the stars.

“If only my wish came true...” She smiled. ‘... I will like to re-do my past.’

 

.

.

.

 

After a moment to herself, she glance back at her driver and smiled. “Just bring me back to the hotel.”

“Yes, Miss. Yang.”

Rainie glance out the window to see the city at night.

Where people were walking aimlessly with their crowd of friends or lover, even if Rainie couldn’t guess which individual’s relationship status was but the more she stare at the people walking around with smiles plastered on their face. She knew that people likes to wear their happiness on their face so with each individual person she drives past, they were all chatting and smiling without a care. How easy is their life anyways?

They were carefree.

And that’s something she wishes she has, being carefree.

She giggle to herself as she found her driver pull up to the hotel.

Before she can reminisce more painful memories, she descended from her car and walked into the lobby to see a crowd of reporters walk up to her. Slightly taken back, she stop to listen to what they have to say.

 

“Hi miss, are you Vi Wu’s daughter?”

“Miss, we heard that you are staying with Aaron Yan who is known to be a notorious playboy. How do you deal with him?”

“Please let us know miss, has he done anything to you?”

“And we have heard you guys are in a relationship, is it true miss?”

 

As the reporters floored Rainie with their questions, Rainie froze due to their questions and the light blinded her momentarily, leaving her shocked and unable to say anything to them. But instead, the questions the reporters were asking gave her questions as well. Who was this girl that was rumored to be with Aaron? And this arrange marriage they were talking about... talk about déjà vu much?

It has been a long night so she quickly stop herself as she stare at the reporters crowding around her. Not wanting a single chance to give time for their memories to come back to her, she quickly smiled.

“Excuse me.”

Rainie’s guard quickly came and sealed off any reporter off but that didn’t stop them from pressing on. Even though they question her one after another, she has been in the public eye before so the best solution is to not let their questions get to her. So she quickly made her way to the elevator, hoping that the doors close. But before the door close, out of all the reporters there, there is one reporter’s question that shock her the most.

 

“ARE YOU ENGAGED WITH AARON YAN?!”

 

Rainie felt her balance shaking as she recall her past relationship with him.

 

‘What? Rainie... Why are you still bothered by him? you left him and you promised yourself never to look back...’

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

DING!

 

 

She straighten her posture and walked out of the elevator elegantly as she made her way to her hotel room. She tap her hotel card against the lock and when saw the red light turn green, she opened the door.

It wasn’t the prefect bachelor pad that everyone fantasizes but it still has its beauty.

She booked her hotel room that had the Jacuzzi and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter