Chapter 24

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

 

 

CHAPTER 24:    Stay

 

 

 

 

DING!

 

 

 

 

 

As Gui Gui and Aaron ride back together, they didn’t speak to one another.

However, although they didn't talk to each other, they wanted to break the silence between them, but how?

 

.

.

 

 

During the walk up to their penthouse, they hesitated to be the first one to speak up.

Not because they were mad at each other,

It was because neither one of them does not know how to break the awkward tension seperating them.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

Leaving the matter alone for a moment, Gui step into the penthouse first, walking over to the kitchen to take out another water bottle. During the entire car ride, she wanted to clench her thirst so she made it her priority to go to the kitchen when they return. She didn't bother to turn around to see Aaron watching her make her way into the kitchen and in doing so, he found himself hugging her from behind, surprising her with his embrace as they stood there, listening to each other’s breaths.

“I’m sorry... I should’ve trusted you... I lost my cool back there...”

“And I am sorry for lashing at you earlier. Honestly, I didn’t want you to step in and solve my problem. What happened between Xiao Man and Li Quan is between them and me. There was no reason for you to step in...” She turn around to face him. “I know you are my boyfrien—”

“—Fiancé—”

“—Boyfriend but you have to trust me because if you start solving all my problems for me, how am I going to fight my own battles? So... all I ask for is trust, I want you to trust me... can you?”

“Gui... it’s not you I don’t trust, it’s the pack of wolves out there. They all want what they can’t have and I am just lucky enough to get to you first.”

“Aaron!” He quickly plant a kiss on top of her lips. “Aaron!”

“Okay okay, I promise to trust you more but I couldn’t help it. When I heard that you about your fears for players, I wanted to make things better for you so that’s why I intervened. I didn’t know it would upset you this much... So I will try to turn on a blind eye okay? Is that good for you?” She kissed him on the nose. “What a tease!” Aaron remarked as he point at his lips. “I want one here.” She laughed, tapping him on the nose. “As long as you trust me, that’s all I can ask.”

“So you forgive me?”

“Well... How can I not?” She smiled brightly as she finally kissed him on the lips. “Finally, you kissed me where I want to be kissed.”

Gui was about to lean in for another kiss but she pull away right when he closed his eyes, anticipating her lips on his but when he noticed that it wasn’t happening, his eyes shot open shocked. To think that she had it in her to do something playful (but in an attractive way).

 

 

‘Oh boy, what has he gotten himself into?’

 

 

“Gui... who’s the bastard? This ex-boyfriend of yours, I’m going to find this er and get all the details.”

“You're my first boyfriend... why do you ask?”

“I don't believe it for a second! Who is it Gui?”

“Believe me, you are my first.” He continue to eye her skeptically. “I can't be the first, you know to make me yearn for it and I am about to go crazy because of it! This cannot be your first relationship... whose the unlucky guy who will draw his last breath?”

“I am telling you,” she kiss the top of his nose. "You are my first boyfriend."

“I don’t believe it.”

“But you really are my first boyfriend!”

“I still don’t believe it.”

“Aaron...!”

“Prove it.”

 

‘How?’ Gui thought as she felt his grip loosen around her waist. He cross his arms, anticipating what she was going to do.

 

“Aiyo, just believe me okay? You are my first boyfriend!”

Seeing how cute Gui was acting, Aaron decided to leave the topic alone and immediately closed the distance seperating their lips. As he press his lips on hers, he could feel hers curve into a smile beneath his lips and it made him happy.

This moment marks the end of his player side.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

*ahem*

Aaron and Gui were so attached to each other that they didn’t notice that they had guests.

*AHEM*

Gui push Aaron away as she look over to the two handsomly-aged gentlemen and a beautifully-aged women standing before them. Annoyed that someone spoiled their moment, Aaron glared at the the two men standing before them, with a huge smile pastered on their face.

“Oh my, I don’t think we need 5 more months for you two. We should announce your relationship next week.”

“NO (Gui) / YES! (Aaron)”

Aaron smiled over to Gui as she playfully punched his arm, telepathically telling him to stop encouraging them.

“Anyways, what are you doing here grandpa?”

“Yeah, what are you guys doing here?”

Aaron and Gui stare at Grandpa Wu, Grandpa Yan and Grandma Yan who walked over to the couch. They waited for Aaron and Gui to sit down with them before sliding the envelope to them.

“We are here to congragulate you two for doing a good job coming this far, I know it isn't easy to be with someone you barely know but you two are doing just fine. My wife, Wu and I have prepared you two tickets to go to Dominican Republic after you guys graduate. I know you two are getting to know each other and what great way to get BETTER acquainted with each other then travelling? Well, I’m going to be anticipating the good news by the end of this trip.”

Gui and Aaron eyes widen as they took a look at the travel documents and a magazine that features all the tourist attractions related to Dominican Republic.

“We totally going!” Aaron shouted out as he put his arm around Gui’s shoulder. “But let me warn you guys, no funny business. You are guys are going to be enjoying each other’s company and I better not hear about babies since you guys are not married or engaged.” Gui madly blushed as Aaron grinned happily. “But it sounds like you guys are hinting it behind your words. You know you can tell us anything.”

“Aaron, no funny business.” Grandmother Yan cried out as she lightly scrowled her grandson. “Okay okay, I promise. No funny business.”

“Good, we just came to tell you to the great news. We should be leaving now, take care okay?” Gui gave each of them a hug before they make their way over to the elevator. “Goodnight!” Gui exclaimed as they waved them off.

Once the elevator doors shut tight, Gui turn around to find Aaron in pure dreamland. Seeing how happy he was, she was going to call it a night before he spoke up. “I’m going to sleep now.”

“Wait—” He held her wrist. “We should look at the magazine and check out what there is to do in Dominican Republic!”

“Right now?! Aaron... We have school tomorrow...”

“It won’t take long!”

"Mhmm okay, let’s check it out.”

Aaron led Gui back to the couch and together, they begin to skim through the travel catalogue. Taking in the beautiful camera shots of the beaches and the scenery that Dominican Republic has to offer, he was getting excited just thinking how much fun it was going to be. He slowly glance over to Gui sitting beside him, to see if she was feeling just as excited as he was. His smile got bigger when he saw her smiling just as big as was. She was whispering over to him all the things she was seeing and how much fun it would be if they were doing it together, she was imagining them having a blast while he was just listening to her voice.

“Oh look GuiGui, it looks like they booked our hotel already!” Gui peel her eyes away from the magazine to look over to Aaron who showed her the hotel they will be staying at. “Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, wow, everything looks good and it sounds like a dream!”

“It does doesn’t it? I can't wait to graduate!”

“Yeah, I agree!” Gui look over to Aaron as he flash his charmer smile. “It will just be you and me, no one else.”

“You’re making it sound like paradise.”

“It is paradise.”

She laughed as went back to her magazine, checking out other things.

 

.

.

.

 

 

As time continue to past them, the night was getting more lighter. Before they knew it, Aaron look at the time to see it was well past midnight. Flabbergasted at how fast time flies so quick, he look over to see Gui’s head resting on the glass coffee table, fast asleep. His lips curve into a smile as he stare at her sleeping form, still couldn’t believe that they were together. It seemed like yesterday they moved in and had their first arguement; how fast time flies by.

Aaron reach over and grab a blanket, unfolding it only to drop it next to him. He then reach over and slowly moved her from sleeping upright to lying down next to him, he extended his arm to act as a pillow for her. Then he took the blanket and covered her with it. As he laid on the floor, staring up at the ceiling; she was asleep and he wasn’t. How could he? He was excited as he imagine their time together overseas, if only time went by faster, he would be sky-rocketting out of Taiwan in a heartbeat.

She was lying sound asleep and all he can do is stare at her with a huge smile. He used his free hand and swipe her bangs off to the side and continue to listen to her even breathing. “Since I met you... I have never been more happier.” He lean over to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead before leaning back to catch her lips curve into a smile. He couldn’t help smile along as he drift off to sleep.

 

 

 

••••

 

 

 

As the sunglight slowly crept into the room. Gui begin to flinch as she felt the dark drift off while the light came in, brightening everything in the room.

As the sun brighten the room, Gui slowly open her eyes to see Aaron lying beside her, still asleep. Gui recollected her memories from last night and concluded that she must’ve fell asleep when she was looking at the travel catalogues. Silently scolding herself fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter