Chapter 1

Ever So Enchanting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 1: The Players Game

 

 

 

Her Story

 

“OH EMM GEE! LOOK AT THAT GUY~ ISN’T HE JUST SOO–” Gui Gui covered her best friend’s big mouth.

“YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULDN’T SAY ANYTHING!” Gui Gui slowly let her go as she came face to face with her best friend Genie. Genie sighed as she adjusted her backpack strap.

“Listen to me my dear friend, we are down here while he is allll the way uppp there! No matter what happens, even if the sky falls, we will still be on the bottom. There is nothing we can do about it.” Genie and Gui Gui walked out of their classroom with heavy backpacks weighing behind them.

“Well Gui, if you take out those big tails and lose the entire geek look, you have a chance to change your social status.”

“No, no, I believe that in order to find true love, the man who falls in love with me need to love me for my personality not my looks!”

“And where do you find someone like that?! Let’s knock you back into the 21st century Gui, guys in this era are obsessed with how they look.”

“Stop crushing my dreams! I will find one someday and when I do, you will have to eat your words!”

“Like I said, there is no one that will fall in love like that. Heroines from dramas can but then again, it is all make-believe so–“

 

“Hey ladies.”

 

Gui Gui and Genie stopped to meet the person who stood in front of them. He was the boy who almost every girl in the school has a crush on. The boy who got the grades, smarts, looks, and manners. He was the boy who every girl dreams about.

“Hi Li Quan!” Genie nudged Gui Gui who couldn’t stop drooling over him.

“OH! HI LI QUAN, HOW ARE YOU? HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? IT’S GREAT TO SEE YOU! WHAT’S UP? THE SKY?! IT’S A GREAT DAY TODAY HUH? I THINK SO, WHEN I CAME OUT, THE SUN AND THE MANY MANY DIFFERENT CLOUDS WAS FLOATING A–”

Genie cleared as Li Quan laughed, which caused Gui to blush madly at her sudden outspoken attitude.

“Great, I just finished practice so we are wondering if you ladies would like to join my team and I? We are going to a party to celebrate our first victory! What do you say? Are you ladies up for it?”

“Genie and I are totally up for it!” Genie flashed Gui her ‘wha-the’ look but Gui ignored her as she continue to speak to Li Quan. “Great! I will grab my buddies and we will go together.”

When he ran off, Genie spun Gui to face her.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!” Gui shook her head vigorously. “OH NO! WHAT HAVE I DONE!”

“YEAH, WHAT DID YOU JUST DO? You seriously... You seriously like him this much? I agree he is good-looking and all but this party... I do not want to go along with his buddies... I do not think it’s a good–“

“DID LI QUAN JUST ASK ME OUT!? OH GENIE, AM I DREAMING?! GENIE! AM I DREAMING!?”

Gui pinched herself and when the pain came through, she smiled brightly. “HE DID ASKK ME OUT!”

“Technically, he did not ask you out... It’s not a date when there is a group of people coming... AND GUI! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!”

“HE ASKED ME OUT! WOOOT~! HE ASKED ME OUT, THE GUY WHO I LI–“

Genie shook her head in disbelief. “Seriously... You are going to get yourself into trouble if you keep on zoning me out.”

“Genie! I have a date tonight!”

Genie weakly smiled as she saw Li Quan and his buddies walk over to them. “Are you ready to go ladies?”

“YES!” / “No”

Gui pulled Genie closer to her as she walked with Li Quan to the party. “Gui...” Genie uneasy feelings were creeping in fast and despite her best efforts to bring Gui back to reality, she knew it was close to impossible since Gui has dreamt of this opportunity for so long.

“Gui..”

“Please Genie!”

“Fine... But just for a couple of hours then we are going straight home!”

“I loveee you Genie!”

“And what about me?”

Li Quan quickly and swiftly added himself into the conversation. Genie can see her cheeks blush at his sudden question so she smiled over to him. “I’m sure you have lots and lots of girls who say that to you already Li Quan.”

“I do but sometimes, it is good to hear it from someone close to me, like a friend.”

“So you want to hear those words from someone close... But Li Quan, don’t you have a girlfriend?”

Taken back, Li Quan only smiled but the sudden change did not go unnoticed by Genie. “I do not have one.”

“REALLLY?!” Gui yelled out, surprised as Li Quan and Genie looked at Gui. “Y–Y–You don’t ha–have a gir–gir–girlfriend?”

 

Li Quan scratch the back of his head and smirked.

“Yeah... but the girl who I like said that she likes someone who is carefree and adventurous, oh well, I guess we are not compatible.”

“Oh...” was all Gui could say at that moment.

She knew she should have stopped herself from asking any more questions so she stopped once she regained control over her emotions and actions. Li Quan was the guy who had everything and he was the dream guy girls wants. So how can someone reject him? If that lucky girl was Gui, Gui wouldn’t hesitate one bit. She would agree to be his girlfriend in an instant. But that lucky girl isn’t her, if only it was her, but it isn’t.

 

“AND WE ARE HERE~! WELCOME TO THE PARTY LADIES!” Li Quan and his buddies walk in and Genie could smell the strong liquor. “Gui, we rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter